Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The path of those that aspired to be students is taking them to the Kingdom of the Impossible where they will engage in a tournament...


1,651 to 1,692 of 1,692 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Bah, his chosen students failed, now he is seeking to poach the champions from Master Gond.

I look at Gorak: Nothing personal, but I could never train with one such as he. From his garb and movements and his disciples methods, it is clear that his techniques are birthed in the raw savagery of his forefathers.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi shrugs, his eyes still on the statue, "I don't know. While I think we've chosen the right teacher, you can learn a lot from anyone. You just have to know what to learn from and what to disregard. Plus, the failure of a student reveals more about the student than the teacher, I've always thought." He reaches out to pick up the statue, "You guys think this is some kind of trophy?"

Perception (to make sure it's safe to touch) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.


Primordial Ooze

Javi cannot spy any reason why it should not be picked up.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak stares at the trophy a long moment. His eyes intense.

Detect magic on the trophy.


Primordial Ooze

Gorak senses no magical auras.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Gorak senses no magical auras.

"It's not magic. It's probably a trophy or prize of some kind. "

If no one else moves to do so Gorak picks up the gold mountain.


Primordial Ooze

Regardless of the expectation for thunderous reprisal, Gorak is disappointingly not struck. By the weight of the mountain you'd wager it's close to solid gold.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi shrugs, "Either way, I guess we should watch him. You think Master Gond would fill us in on whatever happened between them?" He looks around at the emptying arena, "Anyone know if there were supposed to be other fights today? Might be a good idea to see what we may face in future fights.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Durham nods his head: Agreed.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak asks, "So where to with our new hunk of precious metals?"


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Squeezing his escorts closer to him, he bellows "Yeah, my entourage needs to know where to where to go."


Primordial Ooze

Appraise DC 15:
The statue is likely worth 400gp in raw materials, perhaps more to a collector.

There are some other fights that could be watched if you were so inclined


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Frakdar looks at the statue.

I have not seen anything like this. Anyone know what it is worth?


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Appraise 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21.

Javi pipes back in. "My ma-- um... former employer used to deal in stuff like this. Might be able to get 400 gold or so just from the materials. We find a collector of statues like this, coudl go for more." He shrugs, "I'll see if i can find a buyer over the next day or two. Until then, wanna go watch another fight?"

Diplomacy to Gather Info on finding a buyer - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15.


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Cassadar was introspective for the majority of the fight, thinking that he did not, until now, consider the history that may exist between some of the schools here. Especially for a school that left "home" for reasons that were currently unknown to them. The "mountain" of gold-- he did smile at that-- was a reward for success. He understood that, but did not really care for it.

Other fights, and other styles however.. That intrigued him.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Yes, lets see what styles our future competitors are expected to use. We shall keep winning, thus, we shall have to defeat all the other winners.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"Ah I can see how much your rookie to the fights there Wasp, you don't sell trophies until we hit rock bottom. It shows our success! But yeah the dwarf be right let's see the showmanship of the other schools. They can't beat my entourage, right ladies?"


Primordial Ooze

Consulting with one of the palace attendants you learn that you have a choice of combats to witness:
The Masters of Gond's house are engaging in a contest against spirits of the elements.
Your future opponents are featured in single bouts of the higher level students. You are unlikely to see any of your own opponents, but might glean some information through observation.
Lastly, the House of the Unblinking Flame is holding an open training session - ostensibly to winnow potential new recruits.

Choices? - you can split up if you like also


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

While I would love to see how the Masters fight the elements, I do believe that scouting our future opponents would be the most prudent choice.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Frakdar Stonefist wrote:
While I would love to see how the Masters fight the elements, I do believe that scouting our future opponents would be the most prudent choice.

"Agreed. "


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

While watching the Masters contest elementals would be inspiring, Cassadar knew he had much, much further to go before he was at their skill. He was looking forward to their next opponents, but had more curiosity towards the open training session. He was wondering if their name came from their style, an affectation, or something else. More training ideas were something that he could appreciate, regardless of the source. That would be where he would head, after he had an opportunity to locate some more food. Eating little before the fight coupled with exertion meant he was at least thirsty. Finding something to drink would be good.


Primordial Ooze

Seeking direction from the palace staff, you are led across the grounds and inside a open air gymnasium of sorts that has had a central area cleared for the bouts to take place. Unlike the pit fights Torgus was used to, the audience was relatively restrained and there didn't even seem to be any betting taking place. Instead the spectators stood at ease and observed the fights taking place.

The fights were all single combats between very skilled combatants, though there were some variations. Some combats were carried out with the fighters linked by a rope tied around one wrist - ensuring they could not back away from the enemy; some were blindfolded fights more on feeling than sight; some were with weapons; and in one case the combatants merely stood and faced one another for a few silent and still minutes... before one collapsed unconscious.

Those of the house you will face next tended to be reactive of movement, waiting for their opponents to close and counterstriking or rebalancing. They were less muscled, but their blows were better aimed - striking home on pressure points and joints. One of the monks bore a scarf into the ring... which you thought odd at first, but it proved to be edged with iron and blades - cutting deep into flesh.

The Unblinking Flame fought with a cruel intent and ferocity. Never backing down and not ceasing to take an aggressive stance whenever possible. Few weapons were seen, but some fought with armored forearms and shins - using the metal as a striking force. Their blows often were joined by kiai shouts and on occasion left their targets stunned and insensate for a few precious seconds. Bones were broken and an occasional master choked out near to death.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

As they are watching, Frakdar turns to Gorak:

Do you have the ability to make one of us grow to huge size like that duegar Frakdar practically spits the name, you can hear the disgust in his tone did in the last fight? It would be fun to enable super Torgus to strike out with his long arms and not allow anyone to close while the rest of us protect his flanks.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi grins enthusiastically at the mental image of Torgar the Huge, though his eyes remain intent on their study of future foes. "I'm thinking my tactics will be just the opposite. Smaller targets should be harder to hit."


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Frakdar Stonefist wrote:

As they are watching, Frakdar turns to Gorak:

Do you have the ability to make one of us grow to huge size like that duegar Frakdar practically spits the name, you can hear the disgust in his tone did in the last fight? It would be fun to enable super Torgus to strike out with his long arms and not allow anyone to close while the rest of us protect his flanks.

"That is not a spell I am granted by the animal lord." AKA: Druidic aspet


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"Don't worry dwarf to my fans, I am larger then life! So there you go, I don't need those tricks to deal with feeble foes like that gray skinned coward! Bwahahahahahah!"


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Frakdar looks from Torgus to Gorak and then back: That is too bad. I can imagine you increasing your repertoire, to include the Falling Ogre, the Flying Elf, and of course the ever popular Goblin Bowling. Seems they would go well with the Orken Shield.

You are unsure whether the typically stoic dwarf is being honest or showing a lighter side.


Primordial Ooze

Let me know if you want to achieve aught else today, or if I should move forward to the next bout.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak hangs with the group. He has no specific plans for the day.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"Well I launched Javi into that tunnel on the testing grounds so I do have the move the Flying elf. Anyway I like your ideas dwarf, let us drink and enjoy the shows!"


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Not so much for the drinking and carousing, Cassadar had no particular plans for the day, as he had not planned for anything, not knowing how the fight was going to turn out. Finally, he decided to seek out one of the servants, to ask where one might go to pursue learning the language of this area.
(no real plans)


Primordial Ooze

The fights die down and you make your way back to the building that Gond's group has been bid to stay. The other members of his school return at various times and with a range of injuries from minor to more intense. It would appear that on the whole though the results were favorable for them. In particular Fangul's chest is soaked with blood, and Mtumbo seems to be nursing a broken wrist.

Cassadar's request sees him furnished with a range of reading material that seems easy enough to follow. Surely you would not find it hard to seek speaking partners either.

Just after nightfall the house is visited by some ascetics of Irori, who offer succor and healing to all injured. It is thus that you are returned to wellness... ready to face the morrow.

_____________________

Morning comes and you are once more lead away to the same area as before... though this time it looks that there are a few more spectators watching.

Last minute checks / changes before Bout 2


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Need to re-evaluate my spells, but otherwise ready.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I'm good, not a lot of prep for a monk.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Same here.... Javi's ready to roll. :)


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Torgus sets up his next entrance with his group and you all notice he added a minstrel into the mix. The Bears face looks serious as he explains his new ideas his entourage. The group is taken back of his concentraition and planning before hand.


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Cassadar could not claim that keeping company in the vicinity of Torgus was ever dull-- or quiet. Stoically, he watched the organization that was going on, and the amount of intent that Torgus seemed to have for this. While he was fairly certain that some scouting had been done of them, his plan remained mostly unchanged.. Or at least, it seemed to be. He was adaptable, so his second option was aiding one of the others with their opponent until he was down, but that left them free to do the same..

He would see.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi shakes his head with a bewildered smile, somehow muttering a somewhat disbelieving "sure, Torgus..."

I'll be a part of your spectacle entry. :)
Just don't make javi wear a bikini.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

"How do you presume I assist in your...presentation?"


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Contrary to popular belief, Frakdar is not going to wear a hula skirt in this entrance.

1,651 to 1,692 of 1,692 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.