Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The path of those that aspired to be students is taking them to the Kingdom of the Impossible where they will engage in a tournament...


351 to 400 of 1,692 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Javi the Wasp wrote:

Okay, sorry for my absence. I should be back now. Can we assume that Javi was hesitantly remaining unseen when the two new guys were dragged up, and he's been shadowing them since they went for their patrol. Especialy since Torgar went with them.

Gorak, I'm guessing at some point you would have caught scent of Javi since Javi wouldn't know about the scent ability.

A skinny Vudrani male steps hesitantly out of the shadows as you all begin to look into the gate. His elven heritage make his age difficult to determine, but if he were human, he'd be in his late teens. He gives Torgar a nod as if to say 'glad you're feeling better', but he remains quiet in the presence of the two newcomers.

His dark brown eyes do remain vigilantly on the gate, however as he steps up. "I'll take a look as well." Getting near the door while trying to keep some distance between himself and the strange-looking half-orc, he presses his ear up to the door while looking for any sign of traps or tampering.

"I'm Javi, by the way... some people call me the Wasp."

Perception 1d20 + 8.

"I was wondering when you were going to come out of hiding. I imagine you heard, but I'm Gorak. "


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Frakdar looks at the new arrival:

Welcome, I am Frakdar.

After staring at the elf for a minute, I also peer out the gate.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Cassadar noted the others, but did not speak to them, his eyes looking around for other things that would indicate just what happened. He assumed that with the monastery shuttered and closed like that, they were either keeping something in or something out.. As they had been in before, he had to assume that they were keeping something... in?

"Did anyone see anything else?", he said curiously, his voice calm and articulate, almost conveying the fact that yes, he had seen the newcomers, and if they were strong enough to get dragged here and dropped, then they were the same as he and the rest were on their arrival.

...What had happened to the Grandmaster?


Primordial Ooze

Probably wasn't clear enough - but the gates at the bottom of the map are open, and it's just the buildings North of that that still have their doors closed.

As the group makes its way through the monastery gates, they soundlessly close behind you. Again looking around the clearing and internal walls of the monastery you do not spy any other acolytes or masters within your visual range.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

"Has anyone gotten a good overview of the area or was everyone knocked out and brought here like Frakdar and I were?"


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi nods at both Frakdar and Gorak, though the half-orc does get an additional suspicious look. How did he know I was here?

Trying to stay focused, Javi slips forward, sticking to shadow as much as possible and keeping his eyes and ears straining for any threats - either from opponents or traps.

He'd stick towards one of the walls, trying to stay as out of sight as possible.
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Can I just use my previous 26? :D

As he sneaks forward, he pitches his voice low enough just to carry to his group - both old and new. "I certainly haven't seen much of this place. Our burnt bunk, the sparring yard, and that obstacle course thing... that's about it."


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc
Javi the Wasp wrote:


Can I just use my previous 26? :D

I meant for Perception... sorry.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

"Perhaps I should get an overview look at this place if I'm going to spend any time here."

With that Gorak croutched on the ground and concentrated a moment. As he did so Gorak's legs shortened, his arms grew and widened, his mouth extended and became a hard beak, his clothes melded with his form, and he became covered with feathers. When the quick transformation was complete and where Gorak had croutched there was now a small sized eagle. With a flap of it's wings the eagle then quickly took off and began flying around.

Basically i just want to look around and note anything interesting, specifically looking for creatures and possible enemies. When that is complete I will fly back to the group, take my humanoid form again, and report what I've found.


Primordial Ooze

Gorak:
Taking wing for a scout, you review the immediate area around the monastery. There is not a great deal more to the complex within the monastery walls that you cannot see from the ground.
The complex and surrounds is on a raised promontory in the mountains. There are sheer drops to rock on three of four sides to the raised area. If you check the first post in this thread there is a link to a picture that should give you an idea.
To the South lies the outbuilding you are sleeping in, as well as a well down a small path. The dead orcs and ogre still lie on the ground.
To the West is a clear area with a marked sparring circle.
To the East is the obstacle course that the applicants were put through their paces on.
To the North there is no clearly marked structure or area, just a path that starts to lead down from the raised area which the monastery lies upon. Looking further beyond you recognize the area which the Mwangi monk guarded - though he is not there currently.
You cannot see any persons about or enemies within sight.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Doors are open, lets see if anyone is home.

I begin to head through the gates to see where everyone is.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"Then lets go check it out, HAHA!" Torgus cracks his neck and then a roar lets out a growl. "Maybe there's some food will be in there or some ale, right little one." He lightly elbows Frakdar.


Primordial Ooze

Just for clarity - there is a query up for your input in the OOC


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

The eagle returns a shot distane from the group. As it walks toward the group it's form shifts to that of Gorak. Gorak reports his meager findings. read the spoiler above.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I look up at the tall northerner. Ale, never touch the stuff. Slows the reflexes.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"HAHA, Your the oddest dwarf I've met but THAT MEANS MORE ALE FOR ME BWAHAHAHAHA!" Torgus lets out his thunder like laugh and looks back to Gorak, "Neat trick, would really get the crowds going at the pit fights. Do you think you could show me how to do that?"


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi instinctively ducks at the thunderous laughter, So much for the element of surprise...

"So, what'd you see?"

Should we be proceeding, Voice? or do you want us to pause while we figure out what we're doing with the campaign?


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Javi ducking made Cassadar almost smile, though the uncertainty of the others was something to be noted.. Since there was nothing visible reported, he figured that they would have to search the monastery soon, but what bothered him was the sudden arrival of orcs and an ogre, and then nothing after they were defeated... Especially with no one visible?


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Torgus"The Brawling Bear"Voss wrote:
"HAHA, Your the oddest dwarf I've met but THAT MEANS MORE ALE FOR ME BWAHAHAHAHA!" Torgus lets out his thunder like laugh and looks back to Gorak, "Neat trick, would really get the crowds going at the pit fights. Do you think you could show me how to do that?"

"I could, though it requires a lot of patience and introspection. If you're prepared for that I would be more than happy to teach you."


Primordial Ooze

Feel free to RP between yourselves, but I'll hold off any update until we have confirmation in the OOC of the way forward.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Perhaps you all were so bad that the master fled.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"More likely he fear's Torgus's new technique the orken sheild! HAHA"


Primordial Ooze

Apologies for the shudder and shift in tone - but it is required to get things on track with the new direction.

The gates of the monastery's main building open and you see Master Gond stride forth, both Mtumbo and Fangul (a large Ulfen gent) walking alongside him. Master Gond seems both perturbed and excited as he approaches.

He speaks "Applicants, this is not our way - but circumstances have forced my hand. There is much to do and little time to do it. I will ask you plainly and once more - do you give yourself over to tutelage?"


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Apologies for the shudder and shift in tone - but it is required to get things on track with the new direction.

The gates of the monastery's main building open and you see Master Gond stride forth, both Mtumbo and Fangul (a large Ulfen gent) walking alongside him. Master Gond seems both perturbed and excited as he approaches.

He speaks "Applicants, this is not our way - but circumstances have forced my hand. There is much to do and little time to do it. I will ask you plainly and once more - do you give yourself over to tutelage?"

Gorak nods in the affirmative.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Frakdar stares at the master for a few moments and then nods his head ever so slightly.

I shall.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

The Brawling Bear's first reaction to Gond's words is one of confusion as he see's his fellow students agreeing he figures out the unfamiliar word and cleches his fist in front of him and shouts, "The Champion of Ballenwood excepts all challenges! HAHA!"


Primordial Ooze

Nodding Gond replies "First, deal with the orc and ogre you slew. Throw them from the cliff, then return and Fangul will have further instruction."


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I walk back to the Ogre and once again spit on it and kick it. Vile beast, this death was too easy for you. You and your kind should be eradicated from this land.

I grab the ogre's foot and begin to drag him toward the cliff. I also make sure that I check him for any loot before tossing him.

Take 20 on the search.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Frakdar Stonefist wrote:

I walk back to the Ogre and once again spit on it and kick it. Vile beast, this death was too easy for you. You and your kind should be eradicated from this land.

I grab the ogre's foot and begin to drag him toward the cliff. I also make sure that I check him for any loot before tossing him.

Take 20 on the search.

gorak watches and notes frakar's level of hatred.


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
He speaks "Applicants, this is not our way - but circumstances have forced my hand. There is much to do and little time to do it. I will ask you plainly and once more - do you give yourself over to tutelage?"

Javi steps back into the middle of the group, "I'm in."

He also helps drag the corpses off, assisting in the search of their bodies as well.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Torgus shows off my carrying off more bodies then Frakdar and mutters about his normal catch phrases.


Primordial Ooze

Searching the bodies, Frakdar finds a stash of foul smelling chewing tobacco on one orc, and a carefully wrapped collection of earwax on the ogre. Everything else is badly made armor and crudely effective blades.

Fangul lumbers up to you soon after you finish disposing of the bodies. He carries a small key and cloth map in one hand "We're packing up and moving out for a time, hence the excitement. The Master wants to tell you the specifics, but has no time at present. The order has wagons kept in storage near the end of the mountain trail. Retrieve them and wait for us at the base of the path."

He then holds out the map and key for you to take.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"Where are we going fellow bearded man..Fangal thats right Fangal. Just curious I haven't been to many places outside of here and Ballenwood!" Torgus takes a look at the map while waiting for his answer.


Primordial Ooze

Grinning with pleasure and a hint of... something else, Fangul replies "Jalmeray"


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Grinning with pleasure and a hint of... something else, Fangul replies "Jalmeray"

"Your tone is cryptic. What are you not telling us?"


HP 54/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi takes the offered key, ready to head out when his new team members have asked their questions.

"Seriously? Jalmeray?" There is a definite youthful excitement to the half-elf Vudrani's voice.


Primordial Ooze

Replying to Gorak with smile unabated "Heh - best Master tells you straight. He's the only one has seen it before." before waving you off down the path and waiting for you to follow it.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Replying to Gorak with smile unabated "Heh - best Master tells you straight. He's the only one has seen it before." before waving you off down the path and waiting for you to follow it.

Gorak follows, too curious not to.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Grumbling: I come for enlightenment, first I am offered ale, then asked to be a beast of burden.

Frakdar also heads off down the path following Javi.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Torgus follows next to the grumbling dwarf, "But my friend Ale is the key to enlightenment, if you drank you would know this. HAHAH." Torgus slaps the dwarf on the back, "Don't think of it as simple work but us showing off our strength to all our fans!" Torgus is following them too.


Primordial Ooze

The map leads you down the mountain path at the North end of the compound, and shows a short journey to a nearby cave structure.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The map leads you down the mountain path at the North end of the compound, and shows a short journey to a nearby cave structure.

Gorak trudgges. ;-)


Primordial Ooze

After a half hours walk along a relatively flat trail, you see the cave in the distance. The entrance is overgrown as though it has not been cleared in some time.

For clarity, how do you approach the threshold of darkness...


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

After a half hours walk along a relatively flat trail, you see the cave in the distance. The entrance is overgrown as though it has not been cleared in some time.

For clarity, how do you approach the threshold of darkness...

Cautiously and sniffing the air as he goes (Reminder: Gorak has scent)

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Survival (tracks)1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Seeing the cave entrance. Suppose we should be careful since you all seem to think that everything is a test around here.

Looking to see if there is anything unusual in or around the cave, particularly with regards to stonework.
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 <-- extra +2 for stonework


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Cassadar trailed behind, eyeing the motley crew, and started contemplating how to make their styles work together in some sort of harmony.. Though a glance at Torgus made him amend that idea of harmony into "a working whole"... Though he had to admit to himself that having it "working" first would be a more logical step.

Shaking his head, he stopped when the rest did, and looked around, pushing his thoughts to the back of his mind. For now, he figured he would fit better working close to Frakdar, as Javi was going to fade.


Primordial Ooze

Gorak can smell nothing but the heady fragrance of THE CHAMPION OF BALLENWOOD AND MASTER OF THE ORKEN SHIELD at his side. The cave ahead is devoid of any specific scents.

The cave is about 10ft wide and seems to stop only 15ft inside.

Will Save DC 15:
You are able to realize that the wall is illusory and the cave continues deeper into the mountain.

Frakdar notices that there is a sconce on the wall of the cave that has an oddly smooth stone within it.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

Gorak can smell nothing but the heady fragrance of THE CHAMPION OF BALLENWOOD AND MASTER OF THE ORKEN SHIELD at his side. The cave ahead is devoid of any specific scents.

The cave is about 10ft wide and seems to stop only 15ft inside.

** spoiler omitted **

Frakdar notices that there is a sconce on the wall of the cave that has an oddly smooth stone within it.

Lol@ Fragrance

Will Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Gorak picks up a rock and tosses it through the wall at the back of the cave. "It's an illusion. The cave is deeper than it seems."


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 <-- I assume the +2 dwarf bonus versus spells/spell like abilities is applicable here.

Glad you picked that up, I though that scone on the wall was unusually smooth. Well, lets see what is behind this illusionary wall.

Thordak continues slowly moving forward, watching for anything. Let me know if I need to keep making perception checks.


Primordial Ooze

The smooth stone on the wall is an ioun torch that was there to make it a wee bit easier for those without darkvision to see...

Pushing beyond the illusory wall is a tunnel extending to a warehouse style set of doors about 30ft further in.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:

The smooth stone on the wall is an ioun torch that was there to make it a wee bit easier for those without darkvision to see...

Pushing beyond the illusory wall is a tunnel extending to a warehouse style set of doors about 30ft further in.

Gorak opens the doors a crack as best he can and peers in.

351 to 400 of 1,692 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.