Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond (Inactive)

Game Master Mark Sweetman

The path of those that aspired to be students is taking them to the Kingdom of the Impossible where they will engage in a tournament...


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,692 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

CMB 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 to break grapple

If broken replace torch


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi shuffles closer to the ring's edge, obviously leery of the water. "So is this a bad time to tell you that I'm not the strongest swimmer?"

Not sure what I can contribute here. Elementals are immune to sneak attack, and I don't have much in the way of crowd control or combat maneuver capabilities.


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Cassadar stepped up behind Javi and squinted into the water. "I can swim. It is the fighting while swimming that concerns me."

Readying himself, he steps up with Frakdar giving them enough space between them so they would not crowd. Exhaling softly, Cassadar raised his hands, settling, getting a feel for the liquid that he now stood in. "Ready when you are", he said.


Primordial Ooze

Nisk and our Big Bad Bear still floating around?


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Torgus holds back a little bit trying to figure out how to fight this creature, "Where is this things head or body?" He waits a moment and will cut off any one responding by shouting, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE CREATURE HIDES ITSELF, THE CHAMPION OF BALLENWOOD WILL CRUSH IT!!!!" With that Torgus charges and leaps into the elementals arm grappling Gorak-Kong trying to break it's hold.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Charging bear attack:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Sorry about a late reponse been trying to figure out what Torgus should do hehe.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

"Aim center mass!" Gorak yells while clinging to the wall.


Primordial Ooze

Apologies for the slight delay - wife pregnancy related duties.
Will have something up come morning.


Primordial Ooze

Fists fly into the water, but make no discernable difference to it's intentions... however as both Frakdar and Torgus step beyond the lip of the inner circle Gorak feels the grip the liquid limbs hold on him lessen slightly.

Gorak fails to free himself from the watery arms and feels them try and wrench him off the wall...
Grapple maintain: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 - 2 + 5 = 19 to move Gorak
...pulling him free and into the midst of the water, still held fast.

Frakdar and Torgus both have amorphous forms grasp at them...
Frakdar Grapple: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 13
Torgus Grapple: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 14
...ineffectually.

Gorak can't move unless he breaks grapple.
Gorak, Frakdar and Torgus currently in the soup.
DM promises next challenge will be more direct and less obtuse ;)


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Lacking soothing better to do, Javi jumps in to try to help Gorak free himself.

AA attempt to Gorak's next escape/grapple attempt -DC 10 - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Waa-waa-waaa-waaaaaaa...


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak-ape attempts to break the grapple. CMB 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

If I break it i want to continue to attempt to replace the torch. Not sure what I need to roll for that.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Frakdar strikes out at the form grasping at him.

Do we get AoO, I assume this thing has improved grapple.

FoB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 -- Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
FoB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 -- Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Primordial Ooze

As Javi moves past the lip of the circle, the arms grasping Gorak-kong grow slightly weaker still... but he is still unable to slip it's hold.

Frakdar's fists thunder into the water that he is wading through... though he isn't sure if it makes any difference.

No AoOs


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

Curious at the grasping, Cassadar moves after giving Frakdar a head-start, and hastens over to assist the others.


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi continues to struggle to help Gorak disengage from the water. "If we can't get Gorak free, should we hand the torch off? Maybe someone else can complete the lightings?"

AA attempt to help with gorak's next grapple/escape attempt - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Apparently the paizo dice even frown on other players trying to help Gorak's rolls... :(


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

FYI - DM VoV's wife went into labor today. He posted on another thread. I do not think that there will be much action for the next few days.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Frakdar Stonefist wrote:
FYI - DM VoV's wife went into labor today. He posted on another thread. I do not think that there will be much action for the next few days.

Mazzletov.

Gorak will allow the torch to be taken if someone can do so.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2
Frakdar Stonefist wrote:
FYI - DM VoV's wife went into labor today. He posted on another thread. I do not think that there will be much action for the next few days.

Awesome! and thanks for letting us know Frakdar!

Wading in the waters with the dwarf splashing around the Brawling Bear submerges into the water and takes a look around to see if he can see something worth smashing.

Swim check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception Check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Half-Elf Monk 2/Fighter 2

Just so everyone knows I'm still here. Had a friend visit and spent awhile catching up since I have no idea when I'll see him again. Congrats to Voice and I'll get to posting again when we move forward.


Primordial Ooze

With everyone within the water the strength of the grasping arms is much diminished...
Grapple Maintain: 1d20 + 11 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 5 - 10 = 10
...and Gorak is able to slip it's grasp. Moving quickly to take advantage he lights the final torch. An extended rumbling sound can be heard as the 'fluid' within the chamber surges and morphs towards the centre of the room, slowly forming itself into the shape of a staircase leading to a spot in the roof on the edge of the chamber - where you find a freshly revealed trapdoor awaiting you in the roof.

A test of the fluidic staircase shows it is surprisingly rigid and you wager it would support your weight handily.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I shall defer to the agile ones. Nisk, Javi or Cassadar - you may have the honors.


M Elf Flowing Monk 5

The others had takent he lead the past couple of times, and Cassadar was content to follow. However, at the sight of the staircase-- and Frakdar's invitation-- Cassadar took to the stairs tentatively, not that he was uncertain about the solidity of it, but more its passive nature.. If nothing presented itself, he intended to climb the staircase.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak takes to the staircase and runs up quickly and clings to the ceiling, just in case it's temporary.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

Looking at the strange construction the Brawling Bear is not sure to take it or not, but as soon as Gorak-Kong goes running up it the Bear is quick to follow. Snickering as he passes the dwarf, "Let us hurrying to a real fight! MAKE WAY FOR THE CHAMPION OF BALLENWOOD!!"

Gorak you beat me too it, no way Torgus wants to be last again he's missed to much when he does Bwahahhaah!


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Seeing the brutes charge up the staircase, Frakdar follows.

We have seen air and water. It is likely earth next and then fire. If we are indeed finished with this challenge that is.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 <-- watching the steps and the rest of the room very carefully.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Primordial Ooze

The staircase resists your skepticism in stoic silence before proving a most stable means to ascend to the trapdoor.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Hey, I am a bald dwarf who grew up in the desert, I have the right to be skeptical.


Primordial Ooze

In case of confusion... just waiting for someone to actually open the trapdoor...


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Opens trap door.


Primordial Ooze

Trapdoor opens... into a small empty room 15ft by 15ft. The room is made of the same stone as the rest of the building, and at present does not seem to be anything apart from a set of mundane walls.


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi follows the group. If this room is like the first two, Javi knows it won't activate until they close the trapdoor, anyway. He tries to keep his limbs loose as he watches for whatever obstacle this room holds.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

"So does this look like earth or fire to you? I suspect fire. "


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Frakdar climbs through the trapdoor and examines the room. Once everyone is through and prepared, he closes the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 <-- Do I see anything that would indicate what this room is dedicated to?

I find it amusing that we are fighting elementals as I have just finished reading the Temple of Elemental Evil (original AD&D version) and am currently trying to Pathfinderize it.


Primordial Ooze

At present the walls are inanimate and do not move, though Frakdar spies some gouging upon the floor that suggests that they may start moving once the trapdoor is closed.


Male Human (Kellid) Brawler(fighter):3/Urban Barbarian:2

"WHAT STILL NO REAL CHALLENGERS!" Torgus growls as he stomps around waiting for something fun to happen.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Don't worry, as soon as the trapdoor is moved, I expect the floor to begin moving. See these gouges.

I point to the marks on the ground.


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Javi begins looking at the gouges, trying to determine if their source or function is arcane or mechanical. None of the obstacles have been mechanical so far, but no use in wasting time.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.
or Disable Device (if that seems more appropriate) 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8.


Primordial Ooze

The gouges on the floor are simply there and don't seem connected to anything in particular. Some both start and stop in the confines of the room while others extend under the walls.

Once everyone rises up above and the trapdoor is shut, there is another rumbling sound. In this instance all you can see occurring is a sound of distant scraping and movement.

Perception DC 20 - feel free to use rolls already made:
The stone around you seems more pliable than before... as though it could be pushed and deformed.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I think that these walls may be movable.

I move over to push one of them.


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

I'm reading back over your descriptions, Voice, and I can't find any indicator of a goal or exit point? Is there one in evidence? Or is there basically the floor (w/ trapdoor), walls, and ceiling? And that's it?

If you'v already described it, you can just link it to me.. i've been known to exhibit signs of Reading Fail before. :(


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

I figure it is solve the puzzle, find the exit. Plus, I am a stubbord dwarf, so trying to move stone is right up my alley.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak looks around then his eyes settle on the dwarf.

"Your turn. I got the last one. "


Primordial Ooze

No exit to the room described as of yet... but wait

As Frakdar pushes upon the stone, it peels away under his touch almost like wet clay. In a short few seconds he is able to tear away a hole large enough to pass through and into the remainder of the room. It is then that you see what has likely caused the gouges upon the ground...

Four figures of stone are across the newly revealed room from you. They are as large as the Brawling Bear himself, though are built more stoutly. The sound of scraping stone issues forth as they move about and regard you with heads carved with only rudimentary features. The chamber itself is spartan once more, though it is lit by cold glowing torches. The only other feature of note is a spiral staircase behind the four figures of stone...

Knowledge Planes DC 12:
These are not elementals per se, and seem to be more contstructs of stone.

Perception DC 19:
There are seams in the stone of the figure's arms and legs... as though they can become longer than they appear.


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Something strange about them. Check out their arms, they look like they could lengthen. My bet is that we will have to close and close fast unless there is another way to defeat or escape them.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)

Gorak follows behind the bear using the same opening (or opening his own if it closed behind him) and stands next to the Bear

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.

I could probably get by them invisibly, but that won't help the others...

He regards the odd stone figures, "So we try to rush past them? Or does anyone have any genius ideas?"


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Javi the Wasp wrote:

Perception 1d20 + 8.

I could probably get by them invisibly, but that won't help the others...

He regards the odd stone figures, "So we try to rush past them? Or does anyone have any genius ideas?"

"Rush past them to where?"


HP 44/54 :: AC 24 T 19 FF 17 :: CMD 24 :: F +8 R +12 W +4 :: Initiative +6 Perception +12 (-4 sight-based/+2 traps) :: Google Doc
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The only other feature of note is a spiral staircase behind the four figures of stone...

Jayse points to the staircase, "I'm assuming that's our goal."


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

My guess is that these gouges were made by their fists and arms lengthening and then striking people where we are. My advice is to move in on them. If someone can get the trap door open, we run past. Otherwise we fight. Also, someone check the torches to see if they are some type of release.

I move forward trying to close with the stoners so that I am inside any reach they may have.


M Half Orc Druid 5 (Feral Warrior)
Javi the Wasp wrote:
DM - Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
The only other feature of note is a spiral staircase behind the four figures of stone...
Jayse points to the staircase, "I'm assuming that's our goal."

"I missed that." Gorak-ape says


Male Dwarf(Ouat Caste) Monk of the Four Winds/5

Sorry, I am sort of assuming that there is some type of exit/door at the top of the stairs. If not, ignore that part of my comment.

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,692 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Unbinding the Fetters - Disciples of Master Gond All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.