Ultra Plus PFS CORE: 7-14 (Inactive)

Game Master Will Huston

Maps


151 to 200 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
The Exchange

(core) Elven Barbarian 3.0 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 -- TCH: 13 -- FF: 16 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 -- Reflex: +3 -- Will: +2 Rage Rounds: 9/9 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 -- TCH: 11 -- FF: 14 | Str: 20 | Con: 16

Entorra hears something coming from the hallway and positions herself in view of it. Her Elven eyes make out a large creature, hanging upside down in clear pain and agony. She draws her curveblade, awaiting for the creature(s) taking their sick pleasure to try a more mobile threat on for size.

She lets out a whistle towards the enemies, Try me on for size...whatever you things are

readied blade versus first threat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

Kent moves forward, and takes a shot with his bow at the first hostile creature that he can see.

MW Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage.
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25, for 2d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 + 2 = 16 *ADDITIONAL* damage.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

WOW you 2, great rolls

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

Lybram moves forward to look down the hall. He can't see anything through the gloom, so he readies his bow to shoot anything approaching from down the hall. "I can't see anything, but I will put an arrow through them if they come this way."

Readied arrow shot:

shot with cover penalty: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 4 = 9
light miss chance 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 32

I thought it was in the mission introduction from the Venture Captain. I was incorrect. I apologize. I really don't know why I thought that. I should have checked before spouting out nonsense. Well, Lybram is a newby so it goes with his character to flake out some especially in his first dangerous situation.
"Does this stuff get any easier? I can't stop shaking." "It really would help if I could see what's going on."

Dark Archive

[retired]

"Want some advice? A few sunrods and a strong arm."


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

One of the strange pale men hides behind the strung up large creature. The light from Darius' wayfinder shows that the large hog-faced man is missing one arm, and the remaining arm is strapped to its body. The Large creature struggles impotently. The floor around them is covered in blood and viscera.

Up now
Darius

On Deck
Iladora
Baclieve

After that
Entorra
Kent
Lybram

Knowledge Religion DC 6:
The pale men are undead known as ghouls

Knowledge Religion DC 11:
They can paralyze people with their natural attacks

Knowledge Religion DC 16:
They can spread disease through their bite. A person who dies of this disease rises as a ghoul themselves

Knowledge Local DC 10:
The suspended creature is a giant known as a troll

Knowledge Local DC 15:
Trolls regenerate their wounds extremely quickly as long as their wounds aren't burned by fire or acid.


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

Also, is that a readied action, Kent? I mean, technically, you do have a shot on the guy in back, but he's got crazy cover and if no one moves forward, he's got a concealment miss chance

Dark Archive

[retired]

"Your elven sight should benefit from this. Step behind me and I'll cover you."

Standard Action: Total Defense, Move Action: Move 30ft. Kent if you get behind me and fire they won't have cover, but you will against them.

AC temporarily 25.


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

Actually rereading the post, he'd have seen that ghoul, and so he would have fired the shot, and it is in dim light so there is a miss chance. The gates on the map are bars, not solid gates, so it provides improved cover, but not total cover. With that bonus to AC, the confirmation roll just barely hits.

20% miss chance. Hit on 21 or above: 1d100 ⇒ 61

"You barbarous Thrune lackies!" snarls one of these pale men, "I will feast on your bones! You couldn't leave me here in the vault of my kin?"

He gets absolutely plugged by Kent's arrow, and to avoid a second shot he steps so the troll is between him and the archers.

Darius can see that the wound caused by Kent's arrow closes a little bit with extraordinary speed.

Up now
Iladora
Baclieve

On Deck
Lybram
Entorra
Kent

After That
Darius

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

Lybram, now hat the hellknight has moved forward with the light is able to get a glimpse of the moving forms. His courage flooding back as he can see the danger at least. "What are these things?"
knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
He recalls tales of dead things animated to evil ends from the stories of his elder pastor. "Eating the flesh of the living, abominations to all the is natural."

"They are ghouls able to paralyze with their claws and their bite carries a disease." "So don't get bitten."

Dark Archive

[retired]

"'Kin'? The average flesheater doesn't know what a 'Thrune' is... Could they be..."

Darius continues to stand firm.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 2 | AC: 18/11/17 | HP: 20/20 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+1 vs fear) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +2 | Perc +1

Knowledge (religion) + favored enemy: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

"Ghouls," she says, trying to sift through the memories. Her time in the Lower Planes seems hazy, as though they happened to someone else. She hoists her axe and moved forward, placing herself between the ghouls and her allies. I promised I'd destroy them, and all the rest of their kind. "They're mine."

The Exchange

(core) Elven Barbarian 3.0 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 -- TCH: 13 -- FF: 16 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 -- Reflex: +3 -- Will: +2 Rage Rounds: 9/9 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 -- TCH: 11 -- FF: 14 | Str: 20 | Con: 16

Would the crit confirm if factored against flat footed ac as we went before them?


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

The crit did confirm. It did not kill that ghoul. This is not a standard ghoul. It is grievously wounded.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

Bacleive moves forward 20' and stands ready to defend himself.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

Having not seen an enemy move forward,Lybram still has his arrow notched. He moves forward with the others then readies to shot at the first enemy to advance towards the group. moves 25' forward

readied shot w/ cover:

shot: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 4 = -1, dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 4


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

The hog-faced man tries to bite one of the ghouls.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

But the large creature fails to make contact with the ghoul.

Up Now
Entorra
Kent

On Deck
Darius

After That
Baclieve
Iladora
Lybram

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

Kent moves forward, and draws a bead on the one he shot before.

MW Mighty [+2] Darkwood Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

Once Darius decides to handle his turn, Bacleive double-moves to his current position on the map.

Dark Archive

[retired]

Enemies may move by then.

The Exchange

(core) Elven Barbarian 3.0 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 -- TCH: 13 -- FF: 16 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 -- Reflex: +3 -- Will: +2 Rage Rounds: 9/9 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 -- TCH: 11 -- FF: 14 | Str: 20 | Con: 16

Entorra moves forward with her allies and readies her blade to strike out any any advances no threats

potential readied attack should ghouls advance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

Sorry about the delay. I had to really read into the cover rules. Basically, as a large creature, the troll can choose to provide cover or not. Since the troll wants these ghouls dead (again) and is attacking the other, it would not provide cover.

Kent's arrow strikes true, in between the troll's volleying back and forth, cutting down the well-dressed ghoul before he can say anything else.

Panicked, the other ghoul tries to run out, hoping to befuddle his opponents with a suicidal charge. But Entorra is too quick for that and quickly slices the ghoul in twain.

"Ghonaral kael tomso, hohbo!" the troll shouts.

Giant:
"Get me down from here, (small humanoids)"

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

"What did he say?" "Doesn't anything in Cheliax speak common?"

Lybram wonders about the wisdom of releasing a tortured troll. It is a troll after all. Trolls eat humans.
"Father Protector, what do we do with this retched, tortured creature?"

Dark Archive

[retired]

"The leshies above us complained about being hunted. I believe this may be what they feared. Humorous that a ghoul was clever enough to think of such a plot."

Since I've played and GMed this, I'll leave the decision up to those who haven't; if we've all played this, Darius would vote to burn it for the good of the country.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

"Does anyone know what that big thing is?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

Sense Motive(Is the troll hostile?): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 2 | AC: 18/11/17 | HP: 20/20 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+1 vs fear) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"Ghouls aren't half as clever as they were in life." If I remember right. "If this was their plan, they must have been brilliant men. As for this thing," Iladora adds, indicating the troll, "I think we should put it out of its misery."

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

"I can't stand it. This thing has suffered enough. It should be freed."
He looks for a way to lower the beast.


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

kent:
The troll seems frightened and on edge, like a wild animal in an unfamiliar place

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

Kent nods.

"If I am interpreting its emotions correctly, it just seems thoroughly terrified - like a cornered and beaten wild animal. If we release it, we had better make sure that it has a direct line out of here."

@GM Ultra Plus: If we *do* free it, is there any way for it to get out of here, without destroying the 'garden' up above...?


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

its possible. It'd be easier to do it if you could communicate with it, but its possible.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

Well, as long as we are able to get it out with minimal damage, I have no objection to letting it loose.

Options: Dig a new tunnel to let it out; KO it, and carry the body out; let the plant-people upstairs know, and help them to create a 'safe' path for the monster to get out.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 2 | AC: 18/11/17 | HP: 20/20 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+1 vs fear) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +2 | Perc +1

/
Lacking any way of communicating with it, that's probably the best option-- telling the leshies to clear it a path up top, the let it loose.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

Easier said then done. How do you KO a troll who regenerates so fast? I say we warn the vegetables it will be coming through. Let it go. It got in here, so it can squeeze out too. Just give it a clear path to the exit. If it decides we are lunch, we kill it.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

Since Bacleive doesn't know what this thing is, nor why no one is doing/saying anything, he's going to search the chamber to see if there is anything that should be copied/traced/etc. for his report

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

Good point, no one has formally done a knowledge nature or local check to figure out what this thing is and how it would react.

"Well, I suppose since it will not be eaten off of anymore, we could just leave it there for later and deal with it on the way out." "We could clear the rest of this area and maybe a better solution will present itself" "It just feels cruel." "At least let us figure out if we can lower it down or such.

perception to find way to lower the beast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
knowledge local untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 I believe you can get up to a ten untrained but no higher

The Exchange

(core) Elven Barbarian 3.0 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 -- TCH: 13 -- FF: 16 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +3 -- Reflex: +3 -- Will: +2 Rage Rounds: 9/9 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 17 -- TCH: 11 -- FF: 14 | Str: 20 | Con: 16

Entorra keeps her blade out and takes a close look at the beast.

The fur, the size...all signs point to it being a troll?! But how a troll got down here, let alone was defeated by some normal ghouls is beyond me. A troll is more than we can handle on our own I think

nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 [ooc]is it an adult or “young”[\ooc]

Everyone, I believe this is a troll. They are vicious creatures, but oddly enough are kind to their young. It may not kill us as we have saved it from sure death...however their actions are chaotic and it could turn against us at any moment

Dark Archive

[retired]

Take 10 on Kn.(local), get 10.

"Yes, it is a troll. I suppose if you grew up in the city, you may never have seen one before. They're generally considered vermin by most country folk."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"I don't believe its immediate thought would be to eat us. Probably just to flee and recover from this ordeal elsewhere. It may have been trapped here for some time."

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

"Since it is by nature a vicious evil creature, is it not our duty to kill it before it does heal and start attacking and killing those who cannot protect themselves? As a professional soldier, I do not think we have an option, but I am not the only one here. If any of you wish to leave, I will destroy the creature myself. I have two alchemist fires with me to insure it's demise."

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 1| 0XP|13/13 HP| BAB0, CMB2, CMD13|AC14, T11, FF13| Fort+3,Ref+1, Will+5| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 1

"It still could be a benign creature." "Trolls are reputed to be evil,
but I have no way to tell with this one." "Let us move on leaving it suspended for now and maybe, the father protector willing, we will find our answer or at least a way to communicate with it." "I am not able to see an easy way to lower it anyway."

Lybram starts looking for other ways to exit, possibly signs of travel down any of the tunnels leading off this chamber.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dark Archive

[retired]

"The ghoul that spoke. I find it curious. Once the troll is dealt with, whether we cut it down or cut its throat, we should check the ghoul's body to see if it possessed anything of note."


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

The party, translating through Darius are able to give the Leshies (Leshys?) above warning and the time to clear a path for the troll.

As Lybram and Baclieve look around, they find a handy haversack covered in grime and encrusted with blood. Reaching in, they find only bits of bone.

More significantly, as they pat down the body of the ghoul who spoke, they find that his wounds have closed entirely and his eyes snap open.

"Please, this was our home, leave me be," the ghoul rasps, "I was once a man like you. They called me Arenzo."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Fighter 2 / Transmuter 1 (HP 26/26) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 18) (Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2) (Init +4) (Perception +14)

"Arenzo... Davian? If so, we might have a use for you... we want to know what *really* happened, as opposed to the 'official' history provided by House Thrune..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 2 | AC: 18/11/17 | HP: 20/20 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+1 vs fear) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +2 | Perc +1

"He's still alive? ...so to speak?" Iladora tightens her grip on her axe. I promised to destroy these. Wherever they are.

But, she thinks then, I also have to cooperate. If he's important to the mission, destroying him-- no, it-- would be the wrong thing to do. She forces herself calm. "And we might be able to return you to life as well." That still counts, right? One less in the world.

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

The creature is not threatening, and cowering.

"Yes, I was one of the Davians that was starved out by Thrune." Arenzo says.

I only need to know if you let Arenzo continue in undeath or not and I can hand out chronicle sheets.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

I say we just kill them both. Evil creatures should be destroyed for the protection of innocents.


FF Pt 1;Let Bygones Be

only one of the Ghouls regenerated. Arenzo was selfish about the troll meat.

Grand Lodge

m human (varisian) fighter 2 (CORE)(hp:25) (ac:19/11/18) (init:+1;perc:+7) (saves:6/2/2(+1 vs. fear)) (CMB:+6/CMD:17(16))

I ment Arenzo and the troll

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 2 | AC: 18/11/17 | HP: 20/20 | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1 (+1 vs fear) | CMB +6, CMD 18 | Init +2 | Perc +1

I'm cool with either. If we let the ghoul live, Iladora would need assurance that he won't stay undead.

Leaning toward "bring him alive(-ish)," but if anyone feels strongly the other way I'm cool with that.

Dark Archive

[retired]

Darius would rather kill the troll, and take the ghoul back to report. He's big into History (one of his best skills) and would find this knowledge enlightening, especially since it concerns Thrune history.

151 to 200 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS - CORE] 7-14 Faithless and Forgotten Pt 1, Let Bygones be Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.