Trail of the Apprentice [Private]

Game Master PorterMacShack

Google Drive folder for maps


251 to 300 of 612 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Hank grins as his plan unfolds. He'd never made a plan before. But he's ready to send in Cammy as soon as his turn arrives...

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Apologies, my usual time I spend before bed has been taken up with some painting and flooring renovation work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Phedran will loose another arrow, aiming for Belliken's target once again.

Attack, shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Dire Halfling

Phedran's shot flies into the grass, and his target hurls his axe at his attacker before drawing a javelin.
Throwing Axe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
However, his shot goes wide of his target.
One of the other orcs takes another swing at Karthurg.
Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Belliken fires his crossbow and hits the orc in the throat, but it's still on its feet.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg takes the hit hard to his shoulder. I have only fought one orc at a time and when I have, I had ambushed them to escape. I am not sure I can handle this. One more blow like that and everything will be for not. Breath Karthurg. Remember your study of bulls. Controlled strength. Focus. Never give up.

Karthurg seems to mimic a bulls stance of waiting to swing for the right moment and when it comes, ruthless strength. He swings his mighty earth breaker at the same enemy as before.

swift action to use animal focus (bull:+2 strength) and standard action to attack. After the attack, he will five foot step backwards to take him self out of melee seeing that the party is mostly archers,
also making him harder to flank.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage (bludgeoning): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16

**edit** This takes place after Hank's turn. Just wanted to post because I will be busy this afternoon. I dont think his turn would influence mine too much unless he drops the one I was going to attack, if so, I will just attack the other one.

round 1 of 10 for animal focus


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Hank gives Cammy the signal, and the vicious beast springs into action.

"Get 'im, Cammy!"

As usual, the signal is a "Guidance" delivered by a smack on the rump. Hank basically has to jump like a basketball player to do this.

He then scampers forward 20 ft toward combat. I've dropped him in on the map--feel free to scoot him if I've moved him too far.


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy charges the orcs, attempting to get himself right into the thick of things.

If he needs to take an AOO or two to do so, so be it. He's not going to be the most graceful at planning out his approaches to avoid self-harm. Assuming he doesn't get critted and killed...

"MWOOOONK!"

Charging Guided camel bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 151d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Seeing the smaller orc take a devastating axe blow, something stirs in Phedran. The enemy of my enemy, and all that.. he thinks to himself. He grasps at the hilt of his rapier, and the buckler hanging from the sword's scabbard. To wade into a raucous melee... I must be swift and keep my senses about - I'll not survive such savagery if I'm not vigilant.

At a quick glance in the ensuing six seconds, Phedran can be seen, flop sweat beading from his brow, preparing to charge into melee.


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Phedran, I think you're looking at the map simultaneously with me, and your cute Google animal icon is "anonymous camel." Gotta be a good sign.


Dire Halfling

Cammy's attack drops one of the orcs, and Karthurg's earthbreaker hits with a crunch, and that orc crumples to the ground. The remaining one makes a last-ditch attack against Cammy.
Axe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
The blade of his axe snags in the thick, shaggy hide. He manages to wrench it out, but is unable to wound the camel.
Phedran's turn


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Seeing the tide of this battle shift so quickly, he thinks it best to reiterate his plee. Strangers, I am not your enemy. I am an enemy of the orcs and saw an opportunity. Please don't attack me!

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran drops his bow, draws his sword and buckler, and sprints toward the scuffle, overhearing the half-orc’s plea amongst the sound of beast and blade.

… the enemy of my enemy…

Phedran comes to the aid of Cammy, and raises his buckler in his offhand, sliding the slender rapier across the rim and toward the last orc standing.

Brisk as a wasp-sting, in and out!

Melee, rapier: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 1 = 13
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 4

-1 due to non-proficiency with buckler, to gain +1 AC (17 total)


Dire Halfling

Phedran's rapier slips into a chink in the orc's armour. At this point, it seems to be barely conscious, but conscious enough to stumble towards the cave door and swing its axe at Phedran. Five-foot step diagonally up and to the left. Won't be able to update map for an hour or so.
Axe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
However, he easily steps out of the way of the clumsy blow.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

I can't update the map for now.

Karthurg moves around to flank the last enemy.

Darn move speed. I needed to double move to get to the guy. Boring action but he is flanked now.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

The hardest thing in PbP seems to be keeping to initiative. I believe it's Belliken's turn. My own will be spent having Hank call Cammy off from attempting to eat Karthurg--hope I don't roll a one! But more on that soon.

GM MacShack, with some updates wrote:


Normal Initiative
Karthurg
Orc A [dead]
Phedran
Orc B [dead or C is dead]
Orc C [probs in ferocity mode and nearly done]
Belliken
Hank and Cammy


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

the ones I have always played in did it by "block initiative". Meaning that all players act if if it's players turn. So Belliken, Hank, and I could post our actions in any order because all three of us go in a row without a bad guy between us. Sorry, I assumed that was how this one ran too. I can refrain from premature posts in the future. Regardless, my action this time shouldn't of had much influence on other people's turn.


Dire Halfling

I don't really mind what order you post in, but since they get resolved according to normal initiative order, if three of you go in a row, feel free to post early. If your actions affect each other, I can make minor modifications or ask you as necessary.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Aye aye, Captain! Much depends on whether that orc is still standing by the time we get to go, so I'll hang on and see what happens with Belliken. In the future, though, I'll do that.


Halfling HP:12/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 5/5

Belliken moves forward behind Phedran as far as his little legs will take him and goes to cast a spell, but thinks better of it. You fellas got a handle on this last guy there?

He prepares to cast sleep if things go sour.

Readied action to cast sleep if anyone seems in danger


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy decides to finish off the one that seems to be wavering before moving on to the crazy one who is trying to smash his kin.

Camel bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Hank, though, has heard Karthurg's appeals for at least a parley, and tries to calm down his bloodstained beast.

"Whoa there Cammy, yer doin' just awesome, but we aren't gonna eat this last one, so you just settle on down and be a nice camely camel now, why don't ya?"

handle animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Cammy looks fondly at the weedy little halfling, and consents to hold off on eating the last one for a while. He signals his consent by not moving to bite Karthurg.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran eyes the stranger over, but elects to keep his blade drawn. "Yes, this last one is an outlier.... Dear stranger, be now known to us, would you? A name, perhaps?"

He eyes the brutish half-man over, noticing his features aren't as rugged and porcine as the orcs he and the rest of the party have come across in recent struggles.

"I am Phedran den-Aadesh, purveyor of potions and poisons alike. These are my compatriots, Masters Belliken, Henry and..."

He pauses for a moment, then elects not to reveal Sofia's whereabouts for the time being. No need to tip our hand in case something goes awry...

"... and... this is Cammy. An exotic and extravagant beast, faithful battle-tested companion, and loyal to the end." he allows himself something of a small bow, a common courtesy in more urban and civilized areas.


Dire Halfling

Cammy fells the last orc before it is able to enter the cave.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Up until Phedran introduces himself, Karthrug maintained a defensive position, hoping these new people don't take him as an enemy. He eases his posture when Phedran begins talking but keeps his earth breaker in hand.

I am Karthurg. I live in these woods. I am not like these people we just defeated, as I am sure you can see. I am half of your kind, and tainted with half of theirs. He turns to the others in the group and nods as a way of recognition. When he gets to Cammy he smiles. Where did you get such a magnificent beast. It sure doesn't look natural to this area and I have never seen one before. I know a lot about animals.

Karthurg approaches the camel and tries to introduce himself in the way you can only do with animals. He knows getting a animal in the group to trust him makes it easier for the rest to trust him

Wild empathy dc12: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Wild Empathy:

A ranger can improve the initial attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person (see Using Skills). The ranger rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

To use wild empathy, the ranger and the animal must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.

assuming Cammy started at indifferent rather than unfriendly, the dc would be 12. If he is unfriendly, the dc is 17. If he started at indifferent, he is now helpful (The highest level on the scale) and if unfriendly he is now indifferent. Mostly just doing this for role playing purposes. Just trying to use the fact that Cammy trusts me as a way into the group not attacking. Hank, I think you could choose if he is unfriendly or indifferent from the start.

His pets and soothing words seemed calm down the exotic animal. He thinks he may of started a friendship, though he knows Cammy's allegiance is with the new comers.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"Nice ta meecha, Karthurg. Call me Hank. Picked up Cammy when a trader from the south ditched him up in Sandpoint, and Big C was too nasty for anyone but me to handle. Seems to not hate you, though, that's pretty weird but I like to hope he's gettin' older and wiser.

Hank had been prepared for Cammy to light into this guy, but somehow, Cammy seems not nearly as upset about his latest victim's reprieve than he usually would be.


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy looks down at this stranger. This one smashed that other greenling, and they did it together. Clearly powerful. Cammy respects power. He looks at the newcomer from behind his long desert lashes and realizes that the greenling seems to be admiring his, Cammy's, own power. Yes. This one knows. Could be useful. Cammy snorts approval, while wandering over to Belliken, nudging his friend's casting hand for a post-combat cleanup. Sorry, Belliken, but after that first Prestidigitation, Cammy's going to be seriously addicted to cleanliness. On the plus side, you've risen in his esteem.

"MWOOONK," he grunts.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

"Your help in dealing with these orcs has certainly proved you to be a worthy ally..." says Phedran as he wipes the orc blood from his blade with a handkerchief. "... but what aims do you have, travelling in these treacherous woods?"

Phedran slides his rapier back home into its scabbard, then folds his arms in an inquisitive manner.


Halfling HP:12/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 5/5

Oi the names Belliken. We're on our way from Sandpoint looking fer some more trouble. Belliken turns towards his camel buddy.
Need another clean up there Cammy. I'll have you spiff in a jiffy and he begins to cast a clean up on Cammy.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg pets the camel again, as he listens to the story of how Hank got him. Well it seems like you have trained Cammy well. He seems to like me.

To Phedran he says yes, I would not of been able to win with out your help. And these treturous woods are me home actually. I live here and off the land. It has some good hunting. I am not sure my goals. I have never been in sandpoint. I have been raised by these orcs. Civilization doesn't take well to a orc raised half orc. So I have been out finding what I should be doing. That's when I found you.

He looks at Belliken. If trouble is what you seek, this is the right area for you!


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"I reck the trouble is in that cave. Let's go on in, folks."


Dire Halfling

Unfortunately, the cave mouth is only a few feet across. It seems like you could only go one abreast, and Cammy would be very cramped. What's your marching order?


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Hank looks distrustfully at the narrow aperture of the cave. His friends might chuckle to see that Cammy, standing directly behind him, has the exact same expression on his face as the two of them peer into the dark, with Cammy's camel beard just inches above Hank's head.

"Now I like a hole much as any hobbit but I like 'em with warm fires and bookshelves and the smell of fresh muffins pourin' forth from 'em. I reck we'd best check and see if there's room for Cammy in past the entrance, wouldn't want to get him wedged in there and then hafta try to back him out. Mayhaps we can do a scout run without him, and I'll just scamper back to grab him if there's space in there. So if no one minds, I'll take up the rear at least 'till we make sure there's camel clearance."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Not much room to pull a bowstring, thinks Phedran. I suppose a blade would the proper tool for the job at hand.

Given the small space, Phedran will draw a knife, and begin to squeeze through the crack.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg looks over at his bleeding shoulder. Hey fellas, how about we make a deal. I will help you in this gave with whatever it is you are doing, but can any of you fix up this shoulder? I am not sure I will be much use the way it is.

He looks over the group with a disappointment when no one seems to be wearing a holy symbol (that he recognizes) or looks to be a shaman.

if anyone can heal him, he will take lead position in marching order.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"Let ol' Hank take a look at that." He whistles at the sight of still-flowing blood. "Get ya patched right up."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"That should keep ya goin', and I'll be right there to add a whack of wand if you take more hits."


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg feels the weird magic flow throw his shoulder, mending his flesh back together. He looks down at it and what was a giant wound is now a small cut. That is some powerful stuff you got there. If I took a hit like that on my own, chances are I would of died out here. To repay you for using your magic, I will help clear this cave of your enemies. We can discuss my future after.

Karthurg walks to the front of the group ready to lead. He still looks down in amazement at the healing power of Hank. Maybe there is advantages to traveling with friends.


Halfling HP:12/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 5/5

Well i'll take up the rear then. Here's to hoping it don't become the front when something comes up behind eh?


Dire Halfling

Karthurg Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
As you squeeze through the opening in the cliff face, it winds left and right. Just as it seems to be opening up, Karthurg feels a sudden lurch.
Karthurg Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
As he is walking, his foot plummets through a tarp, throwing up a layer of dirt and dust that had concealed it, causing him to fall into a pit in the floor.
Falling Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
The walls of the pit are about 20 feet high, and while not exactly smooth, they do seem like they could present a challenging climb.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

I am so foolish. My new friends will see me as bad luck, not as a friend.

Karthurg looks around at the walls. Did anyone think to pack some rope? I did not.

He will attempt to climb up with or without rope.

climb dc?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"I got some in Cammy's pack!"

Hank runs back to the camel's saddlebags, and returns with 50 ft of silk rope in a coil. I figure between the three of us, we get our guy out of that hole. If so, Hank recoils the rope and hands it to his new friend.

"You hang on to that rope, if ya want, Karthurg. Looks like you got room to carry it and we might need it again."

Hank pulls out the party's wand of Cure Light and gives K another dose of the good stuff.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Dire Halfling

Karthurg is able to climb out of the hole with the help of the rope thrown down by the others. The passageway curving away to the left seems to be wider than the previous tunnel.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

For the second time in his life and today, Karthurg feels the cold flow of positive energy fixing his wounds. It his legs no longer hurt, bones are back in place, but what is most surprising is the should cut even shrinks. Your stick, or wand as you called it earlier, is some powerful stuff. My legs are completely fixed from my fall and shoulder is almost completely healed. Once you get used to the cold feeling, it is incredible stuff. I appreciate your help. I will try to be more cautious. These orcs are tricky. I am not use to that type of behavior from them.

I am ready to continue if everyone else is. Karthurg will continue to lead the group, but watching for traps this time.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"No problem, Karthurg. That's why we got the thing in the first place. Great for keeping us goin' forward. And I think I see what you mean 'bout them orcs. They just swing axes lots of the time. Maybe they are not alone in this.

Hank feels a sense of foreboding as he peers deeper into the cave.

I had a post saying roughly the above earlier, might have gotten eaten by the forum beast, but if it magically reappears and I have two of them, that's what happened. Let's keep moving.


Halfling HP:12/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 5/5

Orcs got me right outsized, scary hulking things, parden my sayin'. You don't seem to share their temperament at least, and good thing that. They don't seem too keen on talkin' nothin' out. Ain't no problem with the hole, most likely any one of us would a missed it, in the dark here.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 15 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

You're more than right, Belliken... thought Phedran. If I took that fall, I'd have certainly broken an ankle or something worse.

Phedran helps pull Karthurg from the pit, and is relieved to see that the use of magical healing requires no input from his chirurgeon training. No bones to set, no mending of flesh with needle and thread... hell, no skin off my back...

Letting the half-orc lead on to lead them through the mire of danger and combat, Phedran feels a sense of protection, much like when Sofia would plod on ahead from the protection of her shield. I certainly hope nothing has befallen Miss Sofia, he thinks. No, she'll be okay. I know it.

Seeing that the walls of the tunnel are widening up with every step that party advances, Phedran sheathes his knife, and takes up his shortbow once again.


Dire Halfling

As you continue down the passageway, you see several wooden stakes, about five feet high, hammered into the ground, with rope strung between them. They cordon off an area to the side, and the reason why becomes all too clear as a large boar stamps its feet and snorts aggressively.
Belliken Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Cammy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Hank Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Phedran Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Karthurg Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Boar Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Initiative Order
Belliken
Boar
Karthurg
Phedran
Hank and Cammy


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

Awww yiss let's serve up some porkchops!


Halfling HP:12/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 5/5

Woah there piggy that's a nice little pig. How abouts we take a nappy, your looking awful tired.

Belliken attempts to put the boar to sleep with a spell.

Dc 15


Dire Halfling

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Before it can charge, the boar suddenly lies down and goes to sleep.


Male NG Half Orc Ranger (Wild Hunter) |HP 22/22| AC 16 Touch 12 Flatfooted 14 | CMB:6 CMD:18| F:5 R:5 W:2 | init+2| perc: +7 | speed 20| Animal Focus 0/2

Karthurg looks to Belliken and whispers And I thought I was good with wild animals. How long will he be out for? Should we take him out while he sleeps?

Karthurg, not being the most familiar with the magic used, will move closer to the boar as quiet as he can. stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 He hopes the movement won't wake the guy. As he moves he draws his earth breaker in case his friends ask him to crush the sleeping beasts skull.

I am away from my computer so I can't move myself on the map yet. I should in just a few hours. Only taking a move action to stealth and draw my weapon this round.


HP: 17/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 28/50

"Wow, nice shot Bellie. That ol' hog was gonna CHOOMP us fer sure. It'd be a shame to kill such a pretty pig, but so long as we try to bring 'im back to town and feed the folk there, I'm not 'gainst it. Or we could hog-tie 'im, put 'im in his lil pigpen there, and take him on our way back out, I reck. Bet we could train him up to be a nice boar for ridin' or for a guard pig. Your call, Karthurg, won't think less of you if you take him out. Clean way to go, hammer to the dome while sleepin'."

Hank has a soft spot for farm animals--after all, he got into adventuring when his sheep were murdered. But he can tell this boar is no mere pet pig--and vicious hogs are bad students, though they make good eating. Maybe he and Karthurg could collaborate on training the boar later, though, if they had enough time.

251 to 300 of 612 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trail of the Apprentice [Private] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.