Trail of the Apprentice [Private]

Game Master PorterMacShack

Google Drive folder for maps


101 to 150 of 814 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

I thought attack rolls were dex mods? Either way, I'm going to miss I suspect. Any chance I can say sorry to the plant with a nice diplomacy check? ;-)


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

you add Dex to thrown weapons and bows (things you aim) but it is strength for melee. However if you get weapon finesse then you can add your dex instead.


Dire Halfling

Sofia's sword bites into the trunk of the dead tree, and the vine starts to move.
Assassin Vine Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Belliken Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Cammy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hank Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Phedran Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Sofia Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Initiative Order:
Phedran
Assassin Vine
Hank and Cammy
Sofia
Belliken


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 17/50

Start the banjo music

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Seeing the mass of vines shamble forward, Phedran takes action and hurls the vial at the ground surrounding the verdant creeper. Liquid spreads instantly from the broken glass, coating the area before erupting in a red-hot blaze.

Turn Summary:

Move: Up 3, Left 2
Standard: Attack (bomb), targetting the ground, line segment in the upper-right corner of the assassin vine

Ranged vs. AC 5, +1 from point-blank shot: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Damage (minimum, splash, +1 from point-blank shot): 1d1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 fire damage


Dire Halfling

As the fire from Phedran's bomb sizzles out, the vine slithers along the ground before striking out in a whip-like manner at Sofia.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
However, she is able to deflect it away with her shield.
Tiny shoots burrow up from the ground, wrapping around your ankles and making it extremely hard to move.
The green area on the map is difficult terrain. If you enter it from outside, or if you end your turn in it, then you must make a DC 13 Reflex save to avoid becoming entangled. If you are entangled, it is a DC 13 STR or DEX check (your choice) to break free at the start of your turn.
Cammy Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Hank Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Phedran Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Sofia Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Phedran and Cammy are able to keep themselves from being tied down, but Hank and Sofia are caught unawares and a vines begin to entangle their legs up to the knees, and they find themselves unable to move.
Since hank's turn is about to start, Hank DEX check: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

I forgot, the assassin vine can roll a DC 15 Reflex save to take only half damage on the splash. (10 + alchemist's level + INT modifier)


Dire Halfling

Vine Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 17/50

Sorry to take so long to get to this! Yesterday was crazy busy.

As vines swarm up over his floating disk, Hank finds himself stuck to his camp chair chariot. "Oh heck, eat our way out of this, Cammy!"

Hank attempts to cast Guidance on Cammy:

Concentration Check from Entangled DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

...but his magic sputters.


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

Cammy casts a baleful glance at the assassin vine, as if to say "You've tangled (literally) with the wrong herbivore, sprout!"

bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

...but Cammy is late for a meal for the first time in his life.


Dire Halfling

Sofia swings at the vine.
Longsword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Belliken looks about uncomfortably.
Oi I get too close n'that thing'll grab me right up too.
He loads his crossbow and takes a shot with his Halfling luck. into the fray.

Shot: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Evading the whip-like vines as they surround the area, Phedran deftly leaps around the swirling mass of roots and cordvines until he has cleared the whole mess. He looks back at his compatriots, who are struggling with the verdant beast, and figures he has a good angle to toss yet another of his incendiary concoctions.

Turn Summary:

Move: 2 spaces to the right, 1 space down out of the entangle's AoE
Standard: Attack (bomb), targetting the ground, line segment in the upper-right corner of the assassin vine

Attack, vs. AC 5, +1 from point-blank shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage (minimum, splash, +1 from point-blank shot): 1d1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 [ooc]fire damage, DC 15 Reflex halves/ooc]


Dire Halfling

Vine Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Dozens of hand-shaped leaves fall burning to the ground as the vine continues its assault on the nearest target.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
The vine lurches forward at Sofia with surprising speed, and manages to wrap itself around her torso, partially pinning her arms. Sofia can’t move while grabbed, loses her DEX Mod to AC, and takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls. CMD 16 to escape with Escape Artist or Combat Maneuver check.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

I'm back folks. Very sorry for my inactivity - been a busy couple of days in the real world. It's not my go yet but thanks for keeping it moving GM


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 17/50

Hank tries again:

concentration: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Guidance for you, Cammy! Or... not."


HP: 20/20 * AC 14 * Init +2 * Perception +4 * Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +1 * Senses: Scent, Low Light

"SKROOONK!"

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

Urgh! These vines are tight! Sofia screams as she tries to free herself

DC 13 strength check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wow that sucks, lol. Assume that means I can't act either?


Dire Halfling

As Sofia tries and fails to free herself from the plant, Cammy rears up and severs a large chunk of the vine. The remaining portion is still attempting to hold Sofia down.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Belliken aims his crossbow again hoping to get shot into the vine.

Shot: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Dire Halfling

And the unluckiest dice award goes to…

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Same as before.

Attack, vs. AC 5, +1 from point-blank shot:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 fire damage, DC 15 Reflex halves

Kill it with fire!


Dire Halfling

Vine Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Phedran whips out another vial, and when the smoke clears, there is little more than a few charred leaves left on the ground.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

I...I didn't even see the vines. Thank you, all Sofia says as she brushes the oppressive vines from her arms.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Well good thing we've taken care of that, who knows what it would have done to other traveller's!

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

"Agreed. Never in my travels have I ever come across a plant like that." Phedran looks around to his compatriots, then wonders aloud. "Shall we keep onwards?"

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

Sooner the better for me. The local plant life seems to have taken a serious dislike to us Sofia says.


Dire Halfling

Survival checks:
Belliken: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Cammy: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Hank: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Phedran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sofia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

After the fight, you manage to pick up the trail again fairly quickly, and follow it for another twenty minutes or so. After a while, the pathway opens up into a much larger clearing. Here, the trees are much sparser, but the ground is covered in large pools of stagnant, murky water.
Perception checks:
Belliken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Cammy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Hank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Phedran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sofia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Hank and Phedran:
You catch a whiff of something that smells like decay coming from up ahead.
Hank Knowledge (nature): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Phedran Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Phedran recalls learning about swamp gas bubbles, which can surface from water and emit nauseating, though usually not fatal, gases.

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

Oh lovely. I have a bad feeling about this. Sofia says under her breath.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran holds a handkerchief to his nose, and gestures at the murky pool.

"Your intuition serves you well, Miss Sofia; stagnant pools like these can often emit gas bubbles, which can emit nauseating gases. I don't believe them to be fatal, but it would be a completely unpleasant experience if you were to inhale one directly."


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Is there another way 'round then?


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 17/50

Sorry to have been AWOL for a few days, friends! I'm visiting my brother up near Yosemite National Park and he rather overstated my ability to get online or I'd have warned you that I'd be delayed. From one hike to this other one...

Hank ponders the situation. "I reck we might should look for that way 'round but also know that it's not always good to leave a path in a swamp. Mayhaps we should stretch our line a bit, so as to less the chance we all get caught in gas?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran looks around for the shimmering disc of force. "Perhaps your disc could ferry us across? I'm not sure of the particulars, but it is the first solution that comes to mind."


Dire Halfling

The disk can carry up to 300 pounds at a time, but it only floats 3 feet above the ground.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

looks solid enough for me, send me across


Dire Halfling

As Belliken hops up onto the floating disk of force, Hank attempts to maneuver it across the clearing. However, before he makes much progress, a bubble rises from a nearby pool of water, and after it bursts, Belliken is hit by a wave of noxious fumes.
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Belliken's eyes water, and he starts retching and coughing sickened condition.
You have 1d6 ⇒ 3 rounds to act. The green area on the map is still gas-filled for 5 rounds.

Effects of the gas:
If you end your turn in the gas cloud, you must make a DC 13 Fortitude save. Failing this save means you are sickened while in the area of gas, as well as for 1d4+1 rounds afterwards.

The new map, Swamp Gas, is up.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Oi this is right nasty ill tell ya. Just set me down on the other end and I'll gather meself up. Phedran me learned friend, so you know if'n this gas is flammable at all. I could light it.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran ponders, and attempts to recall any such information.
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Dire Halfling

Swamp gas is indeed highly flammable. However, igniting this much could be very dangerous, as well as start a potential forest fire.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

You're right, bad idea. Must be the Gass gettin' to mah head.

Belliken waddled to the edge of the swamp gas and sits to look around.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


HP: 20/20 * AC 13, T 11, FF 13 * Initiative +2 * Perception +8 * Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +6 * Wand 17/50

Hank does something he rarely likes to attempt: he mounts Cammy.

"Sorry ol' boy but I gotta get up above the muck. Time to push through this, I reck."

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

Hey Cammy my humpy companion, try not to add any of your own personal methane to this swamp Sofia looks around to make sure no one is smoking a pipe.

Belliken, are you okay?

Sofia will use her turn to to move to the Eastern edge of the swamp.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran will follow behind, taking care to avoid the muck if at all possible, and brace himself against the noxious fumes by holding his breath when he can.


Dire Halfling

End of round one. The swamp gas is around for four more rounds/
Belliken is still sickened for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds, but as he looks around, he thinks he can see something moving just beyond the tree line and hears some twigs snapping from the north-west.
Sofia and Phedran are able to skirt the gas cloud and avoid its effects, though the area still smells terrible.


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

I'm not at me finest but I'll hold in there. We got some trouble headed our way

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran squints to the distance, to see what he can see, if anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin (1) Current HP 3/10

Sofia strains her ears toward the Norh West. Who goes there? State friend or foe lest we make the assumption on our own!


Dire Halfling

End of round. Belliken is sickened for four more, and the swamp gas is in the green area for three more round.
As Sofia challenges the mysterious noises in the distance, she hears something yelled back in a different tongue, but one she recognizes.

Draconic:
"Die, pitiful mammals!

With that, two humanoid creatures leap out from the trees. They are covered in green and brown scales, and wield javelins, though each also has a wooden club strapped to its hip.
Lizardfolk Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Belliken Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Cammy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hank Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Phedran Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sofia Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 17

[b]Initiative Order[/dice]
Belliken
Sofia
Hank and Cammy
Phedran
Lizardfolk

Grand Lodge

Male LN Elf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 2 | HP: 6 / 15 | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | shortbow+4, mwk morningstar+3 | Acid: 5/7 Bombs: 6/6 | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: none.

Phedran will draw his shortbow and fire upon the lizardfolk to the left unless it somehow becomes obscured by an ally before his turn.

Attack, ranged (shortbow): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Halfling HP:4/12, AC:10, Fort:+1, Reflex:-1, Will:+3, Init:+3, Per:+3,Lvl1 Spells: 3/5

Belliken stands up slow and casts sleep on the lizard folk.
will Dc: 15. Effects 4hd of creatures affecting lowest HD first.

101 to 150 of 814 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trail of the Apprentice [Private] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.