Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tower of the Heavens (Inactive)

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


251 to 300 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Irina reloads her crossbow and fires at the zombie.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Standing, I launch a fire-bolt at Norig's animated corpse
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 against touch AC
damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

so, my last three d20 rolls have been 1, 1 and 1: anyone want to place bets on the next one?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric stands, visibly both shaken and furious.

The power to control a person's body against their will should not be so readily tossed about. I will remember that face, and one day I won't have only parlor tricks to face it with.

Cedric fires his shortbow at Norig's throat.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Malaswyn, I would give you some of my good rolls if I could D:
Also, Tower, do you know how many rounds of bardic performance were used? Cedric only has 6 per day.


Unknown
Cedric Valentine wrote:



Also, Tower, do you know how many rounds of bardic performance were used? Cedric only has 6 per day.

4 were used.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

"Damn that mage that rod would have been a great find."

Markov, showing anger on his face, stands and shoots at the zombie Norig.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6


Heligar used her turn to stand up switch to her bow. In case you need an action in advance, please fire away! Longbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


Warren rises shakily to his feet as he tries to shrug off the remainder of the paralysis. Taking in the situation he slowly moves forward, sword raised. "Let's see what you can do, gnome-boy."
Move action to stand up, move action to F34, swift action to change judgement to resistance (2 electricity resistance).


Unknown

Malaswyn's fire bolt goes astray.

Irina's bolt grazes Norig's arm.

Markov's bolt follows close behind leaving a thin slice across his cheek.

Heligar lets loose with her bow, the arrow embeds itself in his shoulder.

Hotshot attacks: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 8

Hotshot stands up, pistol at the ready and takes a shot, putting a small hole in Norig's chest.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Norig rushes towards Alma, his face frozen in a ghastly mask, clawing at Alma's armor ineffectually. Lightning arcs from Norig to Alma, giving him a painful shock.

Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Warren may make an AoO. The party may take another action.

Updated map


Warren silently curses as the zombie ignores him as rushes to his less-armored comrades, and curses again as his blade cuts only the air behind the creature's passing.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Taking actual action

After missing, Warren steps back, he then points his finger at what was once Norig, a blast of positive energy shooting forward

Five-foot step to E34, swift action to change judgement to justice (+1 atk), cast disrupt undead
Touch attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov reloads his crossbow and fires again.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma swings back.
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Unknown
Alma wrote:

Alma swings back.

Attack 1d20+5
Damage 1d8+3

That threatens a critical, roll a second attack roll and damage.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Forwning in concentration, I once again attempt to send a fire bolt after the beast.
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:
Alma wrote:

Alma swings back.

Attack 1d20+5
Damage 1d8+3

That threatens a critical, roll a second attack roll and damage.

You're looking at the final number, but a roll of 14 does not threaten.


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:


You're looking at the final number, but a roll of 14 does not threaten.

Right, not paying enough attention.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Seeing that his allies are blocking a straight shot to the enemy, Cedric decides he would be better off encouraging them than attempting a shot. He runs forward, calling to his companions.

"Come on now, he's like three feet tall, stomp on him if you need to! This is eight against one half, destroy him."

Through his words, Cedric's allies feel a rush of confidence and courage.

Move action to I-34, Standard action to restart Inspire Courage.
Cedric actually has 7 rounds a day of Bardic Performance, though he'll probably one use it for 1 round this time.


Unknown

The bolt of flame burns Norig, adding the smell of burnt flesh to the already fetid aroma.

Markov adds another bolt sticking out of the undead body.

Alma finishes him off, but takes another jolt of electricity as he does so,

Electrical damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

and is staggered.

Alma is at 0 HP. Zombie Norig is down.

Roll new init rolls when it is convenient to do so.

What does the party do now?


Irina comes to look over Alma. She pulls back his sleeves to reveal some of the electrical burns, then mashes up and applies some herbal goop to all visible wounds. Once done, she rubs it in, activating her healing hex.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"These burns aren't too bad. My herbs will take care of them. Nice job on knocking out Norig, by the way. That must have felt good to give him what he needed like that."


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Since it appears that Norig fell before it was Cedric's turn, he didn't actually use his Inspire Courage ability.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Cedric, knowing he is unable to be of any use medically, runs back out of the fort.

Perception to check for dangers and generally see stuff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Unknown

A new set of init rolls that will get used next time a combat encounter occurs.


Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Warren follows Cedric, checking to see if Derig is still around as well as to spot for other dangers.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

How much money was in Norig's pouch?


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

I begin looking around the room for any secret passages or other hidden entrances or exits. This is a peculiar place.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
could get a extra +2 if i have a dex mutagen active.

Markov moves to the other door and begins examining it and trying to open it.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

I don't know how much Norig had on him but i did find a pouch with 57gp and 28sp.


Unknown

Derig still lies unconscious on the sun baked and dried mud. The sounds of life in the marsh continue unabated, but nothing threatening can be seen anywhere.

Malaswyn searches around the large room. Looking at the east wall it appears there was once a functional hidden entrance. Opening it at this point would let in the water and mud of the marsh, if you could force it open. You also note Norig's backpack resting against one of the back pillars and the discarded hand axe and crowbar.

The lower level isn't actually low enough to be underground, only 4-5 feet of it would be, as the whole thing has been slowly sinking into the marsh. So the hidden entrance would simply lead in to the marsh. ie, F26 on the upper level map.

Markov you could try and force the door open, or use the axe and crowbar. The door would open inward if forced.

Norig didn't have any cash on his person. There are 8 days of trail rations left in his backpack, and his spiked chain and holy symbol lying on the floor.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will go grab the crowbar and force the door open.


Heligar retrieves the rest of her gear from outside. She looks around. The silence is unsettling.

"The silence is unsettling. Did you guys here what they said about someone or something called "Grays"? They collected fabric from our clothes....perhaps to provide a scent for something to track us. I think we are not safe here...

Heligar stands watch by the entrance.

Is there a high point or a wall nearby with a vantage point over this place or a view over the terrain?


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

You're right Heligar, this chamber is a bit of a rat-trap.
I look around one last time and start the head up: We need to ask Derig a few more questions, I think.


Unknown

Hotshot grabs the hand axe and assists Markov with getting the other door open. It takes them several minutes of chopping and prying at the door before most of the door shatters, opening up an entry into another storage area. Like the other room many of the shelves are broken. At the west side broken glass litter the ground and the floor is stained with whatever used to be contained in the bottles.

On one remaining but crooked shelf are two vials that are tipped on their sides wedged against a small silver gilt box. The vials contain a dark liquid. The the silver on the gilt box is tarnished, but a few small gemstones set into the box glitter in the light. The box is about a foot long, eight inches wide, and five or six inches deep.

The upper level, such as it is, contains the remains of a few walls that once could crouch atop, or stand precariously on, or take cover behind.

Heligar climbs atop one of the ruined walls and looks about the area, scanning the horizon in all directions.

Heligar:
Vision across the marsh is limited to perhaps 1.5 to 2 miles, due to the many dead and dying plants so prominent across the landscape. You spot no movement of any kind nor anything that looks out of place though.

Malaswyn moves over to Derig, he is out cold still.

Derig will need several hours rest or some form of healing to be brought to consciousness.

Updated map with the remaining chamber opened

Upper level view


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I call out to the group:
If a few of you are here to restrain this mite then I can bring him round. Maybe he'll have some more answers for us now.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov garbs the potions and tries to identify them.
Craft (alchemy):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Coming up next to Malaswyn Warren pulls his rope out of his pack and quickly ties of the gnome (DC 22 Escape artist, DC 24 str), then stands over him while the cleric brings him around.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

rebuke death: 1d4 ⇒ 4

I'll keep it up until he wakes.


Unknown

As Derig wakes up he struggles for just a brief moment against his bonds. "Ow, my head." After looking around a moment he lays back, as best as he is able to while tied up, his whole body going limp. "Norig?.. He didn't kill you then? Like he did the others?"

Markov:
Both are potions of cure light wounds.


Unknown
TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:

The box is about a foot long, eight inches wide, and five or six inches deep.

Clarification on the box, it is a lidded box, currently closed.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Being cautious for traps, Markov examines the box and if he finds nothing he will try to open it.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric walks over to Derig and grabs the rope, roughly pulling the gnome's face close to his and drawing his longsword.

"Alright, short stuff, we have exactly no time for games, dishonesty, fainting, or anything other than your complete cooperation at this point, so if you don't want to be left here as a trussed up meal for whatever comes along next, you listen closely and you answer quickly. Norig is dead, and we may be next. You need to tell us what's been happening here, everything you know about a man named Morag and his spellcasting friend, and especially any information pertaining to someone or something called Grays."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

I would like to point out, in the interest of bragging, that the above intimidate check would scare a Dire Bear, despite the 8 point size swing.


That check was so good its scaring me!

Nothin' out there. Just the humming of insects and the wide marsh. But its the nothin' that's botherin' me .

Heligar stays on the wall at watch with her bow ready.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Slightly freaked out by Cedric's display, I join Heligar on the wall, watching over the landscape with my bow in hand.


How are you getting +13 intimidate?


Warren Enzroth wrote:
How are you getting +13 intimidate?

+4 size difference


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

I think my intimidate scared the DM away.


Unknown

So Cedrics display of god like powers wasn't quite all illusionary...

At Cedric's threat Derig squints his eyes shut and all his muscles go tight. His breathing stops as he waits for what must surely be the inevitable killing blow about to strike him down. When it doesn't come his breathing starts again in ragged gasps. His tale a bit jumbled he speaks, haltingly at first, ”Norig... he came back... three months ago. I hadn't seen him for twenty-two years. He left when our parents were killed in the goblin war – he didn't want to stay at the orphanage. Norig... I was happy to see him. That afternoon though he asked me to come with him... he wanted to show me a secret he said. But when we were far into the woods and it was growing dark he knocked me in the head. When I woke up I he had tied my hands and feet.” Derig's face contorts in a mask of horrific memories. ”He hurt me then. Such pain.... so much pain. I don't know how long it went on. It felt like an eternity. He said he was going to make the people of the town suffer. He said he had learned of a powerful treasure that would let us, him, get revenge. That I must help him find it. We searched the woods around the town, sometimes returning to town get supplies, or sometimes hire strangers to help us search. He said if I said anything to anyone though that he'd hurt me again. The townsfolk... they laughed at us when they discovered we were looking for buried treasure. It only made Norig more furious.”

”When we started searching in the marsh and found these ruins... there were four men with us that day. I stayed outside while they forced the doors open. I heard them arguing with Norig inside. Their shouting changed to screams and I fled. I ran as long and far as a could, but Norig found me. He said he'd punish me if I didn't do as he said, if I didn't bring more people to this place. I should not have led you here.”

”I swear I don't know who Morag is. I saw him talking to a... a rich merchant I think. He was dressed in robes. I was buying food at the market, and Norig was talking to the man outside of our... my home when I was done. But the man left before I got close.”

”The other name? Gerays?... Grays” he stutters unsure of the pronunciation. ”I don't know about that.” His eyes focus upward for a moment, trying to remember something, ”There was a farmer some years back, last name of Grays. He disappeared years ago, up and left his farm. Nobody knows where he went.”

Markov:
You detect nothing amiss with the box and pry it open carefully. Inside is an exquisitely crafted chalice of gold. Gemstones adorn the outside of the cup just below the rim. Remnants of silk cling to the inside of the box, but age has left the cloth tattered.


Unknown
Cedric Valentine wrote:
I think my intimidate scared the DM away.

Ha, no, I'm just not generally around to post on Sundays.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov examines the Chalice and box to try to judge how much its worth.

Appraise:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

He will then take the box and other things with him as he goes out of the ruins.


Unknown

Markov:
Make a separate roll for the chalice.

You place the value of the box at 1500gp.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric releases Derig, letting him fall back onto the ground.

"There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Cedric turns to the others. "Well, I don't think he's got much more to say, but this still doesn't make sense to me. Who were those men? Why would they leave us to a farmer? Does anyone have any idea what we're dealing with here?"

He paces, angrily, as he tries to fit the pieces of Derig's story into what they had experienced.


Maybe Grays is another one of Morag's undead minions, at least it fits his style.

Heligar grimaces in disgust when talking about Morag.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I continue to stare deep into the distant surrounds:

It is a feat both great and terrible, to tinker so brazenly with another being's soul.

I pause for a second and then am struck by an idea:

Perhaps this Grays is some mightier undead, a ghoul who feasts on flesh, a shadow that chills the soul, a vampire even.

I turn now to face Heligar:

If we are to be the sport of mighty spellsmiths, perhaps we should rig the dice.

I call down to Dorig and the gang:

Is there a consecrated temple near here? Sacred ground can weaken the grave-risen and a font of blessed water can have great power.


"That sounds like a good idea Malaswyn, we'll have to ask the townsfolk as soon as we get back if there is anything like that around here."

Turning to Markov, "What did you find in that last room down there?"

251 to 300 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.