Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tower of the Heavens

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


201 to 250 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

using my action now from earlier

Alma stands up and using a 5 foot step to f38.

Alma yells,"How many times do you need to die!" As he swings with his long sword.
Using Guidance1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12

Damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

I'm a little bit lost, this is going by the most recent map, I'll update if the battlefield has changed.

On his turn Cedric attempts to dodge past the zombie near Warren, moving into position between Warren and the zombie to his right, preventing the undead from flanking him.

G39 - E38

Acrobatics to evade AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

If he succeeds in this he will slice at the zombie there (D38). If he is interrupted by the first zombie (G37) he will attack it instead.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Cedric, there is a zombie in E38.


Unknown

Extra damage dice for Markov's critical hit: 1d8 ⇒ 3 for a total of 9 + 1 (for inspire courage).

Alma gets up again, slashing at the zombie which reels back. Markov finishes it off with a well placed shot clean through its head.

Adjusting Cedrics move to close on the other zombie instead, moving to H38, but otherwise keeping his stated actions.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Current map would be only the zombie at G37, Norig, Warren occupying F37, Alma at F38.

Irina has a readied action to shoot Norig if he tries to cast a spell. Still waiting on stated actions for Heligar and Malaswyn, and Cedric will want to adjust where he moves to to attack the other zombie.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

No room to get to Norig or the zombie.

I wait, arrow nocked and ready to fire.


Unknown
TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:

Extra damage dice for Markov's critical hit: 1d8 for a total of 9 + 1 (for inspire courage).

Alma gets up again, slashing at the zombie which reels back. Markov finishes it off with a well placed shot clean through its head.

Adjusting Cedrics move to close on the other zombie instead, moving to H38, but otherwise keeping his stated actions.

1d20 + 4

Current map would be only the zombie at G37, Norig, Warren occupying F37, Alma at F38.

Irina has a readied action to shoot Norig if he tries to cast a spell. Still waiting on stated actions for Heligar and Malaswyn, and Cedric will want to adjust where he moves to to attack the other zombie.

Okay, that is confusing. I'd started to type some of that, then erased it to let Cedric take make his own move adjustment, but I guess I missed removing part of what I'd started to type. Here is what is should have stated (sorry about that bit of confusion):

Extra damage dice for Markov's critical hit: 1d8 for a total of 9 + 1 (for inspire courage).

Alma gets up again, slashing at the zombie which reels back. Markov finishes it off with a well placed shot clean through its head.

Current map would be only the zombie at G37 and Norig where he is currently shown, Warren occupying F37, Alma at F38.

Irina has a readied action to shoot Norig if he tries to cast a spell. Still waiting on stated actions for Heligar, Hotshot, and Malaswyn, and Cedric will want to adjust where he moves to attack the other zombie.

Osirion

TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:

Extra damage dice for Markov's critical hit: 1d8 for a total of 9 + 1 (for inspire courage).

Morale bonuses multiply on a crit. Should be 11 total.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Oops, yep, out of date image, my bad.
Cedric will move to H37, still making the same acrobatics and attack, although now with flanking (I think).


Unknown

GMPC'd
Heligar steps to the side of the remaining zombie swiping at it with her greatsword, but fails to hit it.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Cedric moves into the opening running it through with his blade.

GMPC'd
Hotshot moves into the room, dashing around a pillar and firing at Norig from behind it, catching him in the leg.

Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Concealment due to dim lighting: 1d100 ⇒ 50
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Norig, looking a bit nervous, attempts to cast another spell, but is clipped by Irina's crossbow bolt, interrupting the spell.

Concealment due to dim lighting: 1d100 ⇒ 57
Concentration check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

He quickly retreats towards the back of the room, hands up to surrender, grunting with the pain of his wounds.

Updated map

Not sure if you wanted to try and get a shot in on Norig or not Malaswyn, or just have the arrow ready?

Party may act again.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma chases after Norig.

Not sure if I can reach him to attack. Also most of my posts for the next week our so will be from my phone so it will reduce my roleplaying.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will move to G34 and load a bolt.

"If you wish to live i suggest you come over and give yourself up and explain what you been doing here."

Markov looks around to see if there is anything interesting around.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
He also has low-light vision.


Move to G31
Seeing the gnome surrender, Warren quickly moves forward and strips him of his holy symbol, weapon, and the strange rod he holds. After kicking them out of reach he turns back to Norig, his sword flicking slowly in the space between them. "You have about three seconds to explain yourself before I slit your throat for the crimes you have committed against these people.
Granted, you'll probably die regardless; but you might get a fair trial from the townsfolk first."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Towering over the gnome, Heligar glowers coldly at him and hisses,

Why just slit his throat, Warren? The hillsfolk have many other interesting ways to mete out justice to the damned!

Aid another - Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Unknown

Alma, you aren't able to move far enough and still attack him, so I'm just assuming you are moving up next to him in a threatening fashion for now assisting Warren and Heligar in cornering him.

Norig backs against the pillar, his eyes darting frantically between the three armed warriors and Markov's readied crossbow. "I... um... well." He closes his eyes and mutters a brief plea to his foul god, but otherwise seems at a loss for words.

Markov:
You notice a backpack leaning against the outside of one of the back pillars and a discarded hand axe and crowbar tossed in the north corner of the room.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

just because I can, not that it will help the intimidate any more

Alma picks up Norig enough for his feet to dangle in the air against the pillar

Sense Motive1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"No lies little man."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will move towards Norig and pick up the staff he was using.
he will then make an extract(Identify). once hes done he will drink it and examine the item.
Spellcraft:1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 10 = 33

Time to see what you found.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I stand at the stairs, bow in hand, looking out for any other troubles.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


"Alma, if you just bonk him a little bit against that pillar, you might knock a few answers loose out of him. Gods know this sick animal deserves that much."

Irina starts checking folks out, looking for injuries to tend.


He strolls about the room, searching about for anything that catches his eye.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Calm down you lot. I know what he's done here is absolutely disgusting and he should be punished, but you're going about it wrong. Scare a man just enough, and they'll tell you everything. Scare him too much and they clam up, like our friend here."


Unknown

Dangling from Alma's grasp Norig splutters, then finds his voice, "If you wish to deal justice it is the men of Gumlat that need to suffer. They are deserving of death for the way they have treated us. They should all rot and be cast into the pits of hell." Glaring straight at Alma, though only for a moment before his eyes turn away and his voice falters and wavers as he continues "Or do you plan to carry out your self righteous vigilante justice here?"

Malaswyn:
As Norig begins to speak you hear a soft pop and two men appear out of nowhere. Both are of average height but they are dressed very differently from one another.

The first man has yellow hair with touches of orange in it. His clean shaven face is hard and his eyes hold a odd yellow tint to them. The noon soon glints brightly off his scale armor. A longsword in a worn scabbard rests at his hip. His clothing is plain, but well kept. A red traveling cloak with gold trim is draped across his shoulders, but the hood is down. On his left forearm is a large gash or cut that has begun to heal, but the skin around the wound is still purple with bruising and an ugly red scab covers the wound. The skin of his face and arms are well tanned.

The second man wears fine silk robes. The hood up, a cloak similar to that of his companion is pulled close over his head. He is also clean shaven, but he is turned with his side to you, and the hood prevents you from seeing much more of his face than that. His arms are also covered and his hands are calloused. Like his partner his skin is well tanned as though it has seen much of the sun. Surely his current garb is not his usual outfit.

Irina seems to be to engrossed in hearing the the gnomes twisted story at the moment to have noticed the men, and the rest of your companions are inside the room of the fort.

Malaswyn, you may take a surprise action if you wish to.

Markov:
As you begin to study the carved bone rod you sense multiple layers of necromantic magic in the rod, the most powerful of which gives off a very strong aura of the foul magic. As you probe further you discover the following spells stored in the rod. Disrupt Undead, Command Undead, Halt Undead, Animate Dead. There are additional layers in the magic you are unable to determine at this time.

Updated map


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Do I discover a way to use the rod?

Markov then goes to the pack and looks through it for anything useful or of value.
Appraise:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Unknown

Markov:
Standard means of using any form of magical rod. The spells are limited to 3 uses per day each.

The backpack contains 8 days worth of trail rations, various pieces of clothing and bedding, and a small money pouch heavy with coins. 57gp and 28sp

EDIT: Added details of searching the backpack.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Seeing that his companions appear to have the gnome under control, Cedric turns and heads back towards the entrance, with the intent to make sure nothing is happening to those waiting outside.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

SPeaking loudly enough that everyone can here, I address the newcomers: Hail and well met. Did some strange magic bring you here? We did not meet you as we approached.


Irina whips her head around at Malaswyn's extra-loud greeting, peering for these newcomers. She readies a sleeping hex on the first one of them to start casting a spell or taking aggressive action.


Have we rolled initiative again yet? (If not, here's my roll; if we have then ignore it)
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


I don't think there's been initiative. That was more of a "fluff" readying than a "mechanical" one, since you can't ready an action outside of combat.


Unknown
Irina Moretskya wrote:

"Alma, if you just bonk him a little bit against that pillar, you might knock a few answers loose out of him. Gods know this sick animal deserves that much."

Irina starts checking folks out, looking for injuries to tend.

Forgot to address this. Alma took 5 points of damage fighting the undead, no one else was injured. If you wish to apply healing to him prior to the new comers showing up that is fine.


Unknown

I'm treating this as part of the same encounter, so no new init yet. I'll keep your 22 for later though.

Both of the newcomers start at the sound of Malaswyn's voice and seeing several people in the area (Irina and Cedric in the doorway).

The warrior immediately draws his blade and drops to a fighting stance, stepping in front of the man in robes, but does not make a move to attack.

The robed figure seeing Malaswyn with an arrow knocked begins weaving his arms, casting two spells in rapid succession.

The first is a quickened spell, Malaswyn you may fire your knocked arrow to try and interrupt the second if you wish..

Irina:
You were not able to tell what either of the spells being cast is.

Irina, Cedric, Malaswyn:
On the assumption Malaswyn does not interrupt the second spell each of you needs to make a will save, DC 24, good luck :) Failure means you are paralyzed and can take no actions and cannot speak.

The robed figure removes his hood as he speaks to his companion in a strong confident voice, "Morag, see if there are any others." His head, like his face, is clean shaven. His eyes are a piercing blue, with think black eyebrows shading them. A small scar runs down the left side of his face from the corner of his eye to his jaw.

The party is free to act.

Current map is close enough to accurate, with Morag being at F38 and Cedric being in the doorway near Irina instead of in the room. I really need to start these things when I'm at home and can update the map instead of at work.


GM:
Assuming the spell is cast, can Irina still perform the purely mental action of using her supernatural slumber hex? She would like to try it first on the warrior, once he's separated from the wizard, and then the wizard himself?


Unknown
Irina Moretskya wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Yes.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric topples forward, paralyzed. He is thankful for the buckler on his arm and the armor he is wearing, as they absorb most of the impact.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma slams Norig against the pillar. Hard enough to knock him out. Strength check needed for that?. "I only have time for righteous justice."

Dropping Norig to the ground, He rushes to G37, with his weapon raised.


Unknown
Alma wrote:

Alma slams Norig against the pillar. Hard enough to knock him out. Strength check needed for that?. "I only have time for righteous justice."

Dropping Norig to the ground, He rushes to G37, with his weapon raised.

I'd count that as a unarmed attack to deal non-lethal damage. 1d3 + strength modifier. In this case even if you roll a 1 it will be enough non-lethal damage to knock him unconscious.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

As the men strike a combat stance and begin to weave spells against us, I fire my bow at the caster.
attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I also call out as I shoot: Put up your blades! Must all men here fight without reason!


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I succumb to the enchantment, freezing to the spot in a post-firing stance.


Seeing his allies fall Warren quickly turns and dashes towards his new opponents.

Moving to f42, changing judgement to purity (+1 to saving throws).


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

I just checked the rules on saving throws, and realized I need to roll anyways, since a 20 is an auto-success.

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

HOLY S%*!, I have no idea if there is or is not a way to cheat this dice roller, but if there is I do not know it, I promise. I just started laughing at my laptop. Best 5% chance ever.

CEDRIC IS UP

Edit: Irina, you should roll too. You never know!


Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Not so lucky.


Unknown

Updated map showing current player locations

Cedric starts to tip over, realizes that will probably hurt, and decides not too :)

Cedric, Heligar, Markov and Hotshot need to state actions still.


Heligar sees the newcomers and crouches into a fighting stance, sizing up the swordsman.

Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

-she remains paralysed in that position for a few lingering moments until her body tips over and she thuds to the floor - sword in hand.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric shakes off the spell, and stands facing the two men. His eyes narrow and his expression grows severe as he gestures with his right hand and mutters under his breath. The room around him grows dark and traces of lightning, fire, ice, and blackness all swirl around him. The fabric of reality near Cedric begins to split, and small glimpses of other dimensions show through, a grassy field, a pool of lava, the inky blackness of space… The rips in space and the elemental energy form twisting coils that fold in on themselves and swirl behind and beside Cedric, moving up his sides to cover him in shimmering energy, peeling away and circling back, bathing him in an unearthly glow. He looks coldly at the two men, and speaks in a loud voice.

This effect is actually a Silent Image spell, but unless it is directly interacted with there is no save to disbelieve it.

"I have no quarrel with you, but if you insist on treating my friends in this manner I will have no choice but to fight and kill." Fire and lightning flash in front of his eyes as he glares, and he takes a step forward. "If you tell me why you are here perhaps we can work out some sort of arrangement… your spell was easily turned aside, but I can assure you that mine will not be. If you make one more move towards my friends things are going to get very messy. Let's be civilized and avoid all of that. What business have you here?."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

This seems like Bluff and Intimidate and Diplomacy all at once, so I'm not sure exactly what I'm rolling. He's trying to be intimidating, and sometimes intimidating involves threats that aren't completely back-upable, so that's what I went with.

Also hopefully blowing off DC 24 spells and looking like you're about to blow holes in time and space gives you a circumstance bonus.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov upon hearing and and seeing something going on pockets the coins and moves to f35 drawing his crossbow.

About how much time has passed since the start of last combat. If its less than 10min i have a extra +2 to intitive.


Hotshot moves next to Warren, F37 and prepares to follow him through the doorway to get a clear shot at the group.


Unknown

About a minute has passed is all.

As arcane energies boil and churn around Cedric Morag's eyes widen and he takes a step backwards.

Sorcerers Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

The sorcerer laughs deeply, arms still weaving and the magical energies of his spell once again wrap themselves around your mind.

Anyone not already held needs to make the same DC 24 will save. If someone pulls another miracle he the sorcerer will use his swift action to launch an additional spell against that specific target DC 18 will save or be paralyzed.

I'm going to move forward with the assumption everyone is going to fail their save.

The bald sorcerer strides forward into the hallway and claps Cedric on the shoulder as he passes, "Parlour tricks." He laughs again, a deep rumbling sound that echoes around the room. "Where are you Norig, you filthy rat." Another quick incantation and a ring on his right hand glows with a soft light. Seeing Norig lying unconscious on the ground he moves to him and searches through his clothes and pockets. Morag follows a short distance behind, his nose wrinkling with the stench of death.

Not finding what he is looking for the sorcerer turns back to the party, his eyes and mouth expressing a deep frown, studying you for a moment. His eyes fix on the carved bone rod in Markov's hand and he quickly moves to him and pries it from his unmoving fingers.

Stepping over to Heligar he speaks to Morag as his hands move up to touch her face, "Such rare beauty in this one. A shame there is not time for pleasure." Morag grunts non-committaly. "Well, I suppose we shall have to dispose of this lot." A dagger appears in his right hand which he raises to strike.

Morag's voice is impassive, "You should give them to Grays."

The bald man pauses, chuckling deeply. He alters his grip on the dagger and cuts a piece of cloth from the sleeve of Heligar's shirt. Handing the cloth to Morag, his voice is icy, "Collect a piece from the rest of them, then tell Grays he is free to hunt."

As Morag moves among you cutting of a piece of a shirt, or robe, or pants from each of you the sorcerer goes back to Norig, "You fool Norig, I told you to find the rod, I did not give you permission to use it." Arcane energies gather on his left hand, electrical sparks crawling around his fingers, he slaps the unconscious Norig on the face. Norig convulses and his breathing stops. He then turns to examine the bone rod intently.

Morag finishes collecting samples then leaves the ruins and heads to the east at a fast jog. The sorcerer turns at smiles at you, "A parting gift for you." Black lighting sprouts from the rod striking Norig, he slowly shambles to his feet. Occasional tendrils of blue lightning crawl from the burned and blackened wound on his cheek and crawl along his skin. "Norig, kill anything that moves." A final spell and the sorcerer disappears with a soft pop.

Long moments pass, stretching endlessly, and at last you are released from the spell.

You are currently all prone, either having toppled over when the spell took hold or Morag being not at all gently as he cut strips of cloth from your clothing. The party gets to act prior to zombie Norig acting though.

Irina, Markov, Warren:
As lightning continues to crawl over Norigs animated corpse you fear touching him (or allowing him to touch you) or striking him with a metal melee weapon will result in a shock being delivered to the unfortunate person.

Malaswyn, Warren:
Given his only recently deceased state Norig is not going to suffer from the normal staggered effect that zombies typically have.

Updated map


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Dammit spellcraft... you ruin all of my fun. I seriously need Spellsong...

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

*KERTHUD*


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Still same initiative order? or new one? iirc, I am low on that totem pole, but will rush the zombie Norig when given the chance.

Save vs Paralyze 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2


"Nobody touch him! And not with swords either. No metal!" Irina hisses as soon as the paralysis wears off.


Unknown
Alma wrote:

Still same initiative order? or new one? iirc, I am low on that totem pole, but will rush the zombie Norig when given the chance.

Save vs Paralyze 1d20-2

Same init, but electrified zombie Norig rolled low and is going last, so the whole party may take actions.


Colour returns to Heligar's face as she stands up. She spits on the ground in disgust and anger. Hearing the warning from Irina she sheaths her sword and pulls out her longbow.

201 to 250 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.