Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tower of the Heavens

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


151 to 200 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Then I move forward to get into a better position heading to E40

Should have applied Point-Blank Shot feat to rolls, so actually 10/8 and 15/2


Unknown

Also another +1 for Inspire Courage and -4 for firing at the prone zombie. I'm assuming firing at the prone zombie, though it isn't going to make much difference with the low damage roll - DR against the arrow for either zombie or skeleton absorbs it.

Malaswyn is now standing on the upper level looking down into the hallway.

Hotshot is currently standing at F40

The zombies haltingly stand, bodily fluids dripping.

The skeleton charges at Alma, claws slashing at his arms and drawing blood. Not considered flat footed as he started the combat by kicking down the door.

1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22

Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Another skeleton steps out of the darkness to the south and moves behind the other door (G38) and claws at Alma. who has cover from the door

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 = 7

Norig from somewhere in the room cackles, "Yes, come and face my minions. I will make you scream. I will make you plead for death."

I won't be able to update the map till later tonight. Two skeletons, one standing in front of each of the double doors. Zombies still located where they are on the map. All party members may take an action now - either their first or their second as the case may be.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will aim at the Skeleton in f38

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Damage:1d8 ⇒ 8

Missing he loads another bolt

Markov has the effects of his mutagen for 10mins(100 rounds) AC=18 Touch=14 FF=14 Dex=18 Wis=12 during the duration.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Detect Evil

Alma feeling the evil in the room, strikes back at the abomination. [b]"Back to to dust!" Alma yells while attacking.

Power Attack 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 5 = 8

Damage1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

I assume the first attack probably missed, but if it hits, I cleave if possible

Power Attack 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (10) - 1 + 5 = 14

Damage1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Round 2 for Alma assuming the skeletons are still next to me

Power Attack 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 5 = 21

Damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Cleave attack 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 5 = 6

Damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

if cleave happens my AC gets -2


Good shootin'!

From where she is at F41, Heligar has no clear lie of fire to anything nor can she get into that room to start dismembering zombies. . She stands her ground and gets ready to charge in as soon as she gets an opportunity. But its not her turn yet - the battlefield may change yet.


Irina moves right up to F40, right behind Alma and touches him with guidance, granting a +1insight bonus to one d20 roll for the next minute.


"We need to move out of this chokepoint so we can get more space."

Activate judgement of justice (+1 atk), five-foot step to G39, attack skeleton at F38.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (+4 AC for cover, so I miss)


Unknown

Still waiting for Hotshot and Malaswyn second round actions.

It doesn't look like you are going to be able to maneuver into melee range this round Heligar if you want to state a different action - unless Hotshot or Malaswyn can pick one off.

Ignoring Alma's round 2 actions as he doesn't get a second action yet. His first attack missed.

I will probably have Cedric move to the upper level and try and fire down at the skeleton from above if Hotshot and Malaswyn are unable to kill the blocking skeleton. If anyone has other suggestions they'd like to make for Cedrics actions feel free to suggest them though.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I present my holy symbol and focus my being to channel her will:
channel to harm: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Unknown

DC 11 will save to take half damage from channel
Skeleton 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Skeleton 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Zombie 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The positive energy swirls around the undead, bits of smoke coming off of them, but they continue fighting.


Malaswyn, you should step forward as far as possible first so that you can affect more of them with your channel.


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:
Malaswyn, you should step forward as far as possible first so that you can affect more of them with your channel.

Malaswyn is currently at E40, but you could step forward more if you wish. Given channel has no line of sight requirements you could actually move around on the upper level and still channel and effect those underneath within the 30' radius globe.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I'm actually a little worried about channeling in a mysterious ruin: I don't want to unwittingly grab the attaention of the lich on level 3.


Unknown

Updated map available

Irina I moved you to G40 instead of F40 since Hotshot had been standing up close on the old google docs map and wanted to be in short range for his pistol attack.

Lower Level of the Old Fort


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Judging by the new map its even more of a bad idea to throw a bomb. We seriously need to get past the skeletons.


Hotshot grunts,taking a moment to steady himself before he fires at the skeleton in front of Alma.

1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 11 Versus touch AC
1d8 ⇒ 7

If the skeleton was hit and falls apart, Hotshot would gloat and yell into the room "Is this the best you've got?", otherwise he would curse silently. No matter what, he'd cram a new cartridge into his gun.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

looks like it is the undead turn - round 2

Init order
Cedric
Malaswyn
Rufus just went.
Undead
Irina
Warren
Markov
Alma
Heligar


Unknown

Cedric GMPC'd

Moves to E41 on the upper level and takes a shot with an arrow. Only partial cover from his vantage point, so +2 to AC instead of +4. But still shooting into melee.

1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 3


Unknown

The skeletons continue clawing at Alma as the zombies shamble forward.

Skeleton 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Skeleton 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Zombies have the staggered condition and can't attack this turn.

Norig steps out from behind a pillar and twisted grin on his face. In one hand he holds what he appears to be a rod carved from bone. Draped over his shoulder is a spiked chain. In his other a holy symbol and which he holds aloft and chants the words to a spell. Glittering particles of light explode around hotshot and touching those near him.

Hotshot, Alma, Warren and Cedric make will saves, DC 13. Failure means you are asleep and can not take any actions till you are awoken either from taking damage or a party member taking a standard action to wake you. Failure also means you are prone and other party members can occupy your space.

Warren:
You recognize the holy symbol as that of Zon-Kuthon, The Midnight Lord

All party members may go now.

Updated Map


Unknown

Cedric's Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Cedric shrugs off the affects of the spell and continues his inspire courage.


Unknown

Just realized Heligar still hadn't gone yet as she was delaying hoping for an opening. You may still post a first round action if you like (prior to the sleep spell going off)


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

spellcraft check for identifying the spell used.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

and i will throw a bomb at F37
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Splash: 5 fire damage
Being aimed at an empty area it should hit if not i'll roll a misdirection.


Unknown

The small explosion echoes throughout the room, bits of burning bone scattering across the floor. The two skeletons collapse. The zombies sizzle and steam but continue their assault.


Will save: ∞ (Elves are immune to sleep)

Warren steps around Alma and slashes at the zombie to his right, hoping to open up more space.

Action: Step to F38 (Zombie 1 does not get an AoO from passing through F39 due to cover) swift action to change judgement to destruction (+1 dmg); Attack Zombie 1 (or Zombie 2 if 1 is dead).
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage (bypasses DR): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I'm waiting to see who stays on their feet before posting.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Will save1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Alma falls to the floor for some much needed rest.


Unknown

Now that I'm not posting from my phone. Save DC's for half damage against the bombs splash damage for the two zombies (the skeletons fall regardless of saving or not). DC is 14.

Zombie 1: 1d20 ⇒ 3 takes full damage.
Zombie 2: 1d20 ⇒ 15 takes half damage.

I'm not resolving Warrens attack just yet in case his planned movement conflicts with other players actions who are technically higher in the init order.

Warren and Malaswyn if I could also get 3 new knowledge religion checks from each of you at some point.


Know. (Religion):

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Irina drops prone in Alma's square. Peering through Warren's legs, she starts humming a lullaby and waves her hand soothingly.

Sleep hex on Norig. Will save DC 15


Unknown

Norig will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Norig's eyes close for a brief moment, then he shakes off the effect.


Will save : 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Hotshots eyes flutter for a moment, throwing his aim off. He grits his teeth, getting a bead on the skeleton in the doorway as he pulls the trigger.

1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 11 Touch AC.

He grunts in frustration as the bullet misses, blaming the magic gnome.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

knowledge religion:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I shake and slap Alma back to wakefulness: C'mon Alma, snap out of it.


Unknown
Rufus "Hotshot" Cullen wrote:

Will save : 1d20 - 1

Hotshots eyes flutter for a moment, throwing his aim off. He grits his teeth, getting a bead on the skeleton in the doorway as he pulls the trigger.

1d20 +4 - 4 + 1 + 1 Touch AC.

He grunts in frustration as the bullet misses, blaming the magic gnome.

The skeletons are both dead, just not updated on the current map. Roll damage against zombie 2 as touch AC 11 hits the zombie. Or you could choose to shoot at Norig (out of touch AC range) if you think your roll might hit him.


Ah, didn't know that, thanks. Firing at zombie 2 then.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Unknown
Rufus "Hotshot" Cullen wrote:

Ah, didn't know that, thanks. Firing at zombie 2 then.

Damage: 1d8

+1 to damage for Cedric's Inspire Courage.

The bullet lodges itself in the zombie, but has no effect.

Warren moves into the room and thrusts his sword through the zombie at the door, it collapses in a heap of decaying limbs. A fourth zombie stands behind though waiting to advance.

Cedric leaps down into the hallway area and kicks down the other door, creating another entry for the party to start moving into the room.

Irina and Alma are both prone on the floor at F39. Waiting for an action from Heligar. If she posts tonight I'll do the undead turn again before Sunday, otherwise their turn takes place Monday afternoon.

Alma is no longer sleeping and will get to act next round.

Update map

And because I love pre-rolled numbers, anyone with ranks in spellcraft, please make 3 rolls, on the assumption that any time any enemy casts a spell you will want to do a spellcraft.


Spellcraft:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Slipping into line by Hotshot she shifts about trying to get a look at the action in the room.

"Damn! If you all'd just let me in could get in on the action"

As I see it she has no clear shot for her bow from here. If she did she would consider switching to the bow.


Unknown
Heligar wrote:

Slipping into line by Hotshot she shifts about trying to get a look at the action in the room.

"Damn! If you all'd just let me in could get in on the action"

As I see it she has no clear shot for her bow from here. If she did she would consider switching to the bow.

You can move through Cedric if you like to G38 to attack in melee. You just aren't allowed to end your turn in the same space as another player/creature unless they are prone. And moving through an enemy space would require a successful acrobatics check - but friendly spaces don't represent a problem. Cedric's presence does prevent you from doing a charge action though.

Link for further details See the section on Moving Through a Square for more info, its about half way down the page.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma gets up trying to shake the sleepiness out.

I move to h 37 if possible.


Unknown
Alma wrote:

Alma gets up trying to shake the sleepiness out.

I move to h 37 if possible.

You can't get up till after the undead get another round. You were put to sleep this round, Malaswyn (on his 3rd action now with a high init) woke you up at the beginning of round 3.


Much appreciated TotH

The highland warrior finds an opening in the action, weaves her way through the traffic, and then - with a grunt of exertion - drives towards one of the zombies with the point of her sword.

Move to G38. Greatsword attack. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17. Damage 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10.


Unknown

The zombie topples over from the Heligar's blow.

The remaining zombies advance. One grasping at Warren but failing to find an opening in his defenses.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Norig chants the words for another spell, his body shimmers for a moment, temporarily out of focus.

Irina and Markov:
He casts Sanctuary. Anyone wishing to attack him must first make a DC 13 will save. Failure to save means loss of your standard action for that round.

It is the parties turn to act again. Those prone must spend their move action to stand up (if they wish to do so). Cedric should be back in person now to control his character. You have used 3 rounds of Inspire Courage Cedric.

Updated map


On Irina's turn, Norig has to make another Will save against the sleep hex, as per her Accursed Hex feat. I'll wait to see if he passes before deciding an action.


Spellcraft:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

After dropping the first zombie, Warren shifts and swings at the one behind him.
Five-foot step to F37, attack zombie at G37
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Unknown

Norig will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Irina grumbles as the gnome fights off the sleep again.

From her position on the ground, she takes a bead on him with her crossbow, readying an attack for when he casts another spell.

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Readied attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov takes a five foot step to G40 and fires his crossbow at the zombie in G37 if its gone he will shoot at the one in E38.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 6
Critical:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

151 to 200 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.