Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tower of the Heavens (Inactive)

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


51 to 100 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33
TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:
The maze comment was in reference to Malaswyn asking if Coran was a big place.

Yeah, I know, I was just playing off my characters high Int attribute.


Alma wrote:
Thinking too himself, "Well I do like mazes". Leaning back in his chair observing his companions interest. "I think we should help our friend out here. And I would recommend that we not take his 100 gold, as he clearly needs it for clothing and food. Especially considering that there is bound to be vast amounts of riches if we are able to open the door that has prevent Derig from going further. Are we agreed?"

Heligar hastily interjects..

...if it wan't of course - for the bare minimum of 100 gold we will need to outfit and feed ourselves properly before we set out on a potentially dangerous job...I am sure that is why Derig here is fronting the cash, right my little friend ? You are so thoughtful. Now, is there something particular you are looking for in the place?

Heligar gives the gnome a warm smile as she gives Alma a kick in the shins beneath the table.

In case a Diplomacy check is needed during the haggling process...Diplomacy with charm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Deciding he's not going to remember much more for the time being, Cedric leaves the bar and looks around, realizing he hasn't spoken to any of his companions since they ended up here. He walks over to the dice game.

"Markov, Gentlemen, mind if I join you?"

He smiles at them, and, without waiting for a response, takes a seat.


"I agree with Heligar--We don't know how much treasure, or lack thereof, we might find. We need at least some cash for it to be worth our time; perhaps if there is gold to be found then we can return the down payment.
At the very least it will give us something to do until Bendon gets back...
So how about it Derig? How do we get to this little fortress in the middle of the marsh?"


Unknown

At the promise of help Derig seems to relax considerably. His nervousness is replaced by a look of exhaustion and his eyes seem to droop with weariness.

Yawning and only partially coherent, "Yes of course, you will need some supplies. It will take us two or three days to reach the fort." He fumbles with a pouch tied about his waist. He finally gets it loose and hands it to Heligar, it feels heavy with coins. He pauses for a moment, seemingly having lost his train of thought. "I can show you the way in the morning."

His bag contains various coins totaling 112gp, 3 sp, and 4cp.
If anyone wishes to query Derig further you may do so. If not he promptly falls asleep at the table, his stew only half eaten.
Feel free to divvy up the cash however you see fit and acquire whatever supplies you think you might need.
I'm assuming Hotshot is still out of town given the initial planned start date of May 7th (sorry Hotshot if you get back and are feeling a bit behind). I'd like to move the story forward though if no one else has anything else they want to do in town.

Stan and Bill welcome Cedric to take to a seat to join them in the next round.

The dice game can continue on the side for several more rounds regardless.


Irina comes to sit next to the gnome once he is asleep. "Poor fellow," she comments. She checks his colour, temperature, and other things, passing several of her fetishes over him, checking him all out.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 to determine if he has any other health concerns besides exhaustion and stress. She will provide him a healing hex, which will at least hopefully feel refreshing to him, though if has obvious open wounds, she refrains until she can bandage him properly.


Unknown

Irina:
Derig has a number of small scrapes and scratches along his arms and hands, the few deeper ones have scabbed over. He is also running a slight fever. His breathing grows deeper as your healing hex takes hold of him.


"Three days in; three days out; add in two more for unexpected delays... I suggest we spend thirty of this gold on rations. That will keep the eight of us going for just over a week. Heligar, if you give me that pouch I can run and get the foo--Along with any other supplies you all think we might need, tonight and we can be ready to start tomorrow morning."

Assuming the ranger gives him the money, Warren quickly exits the room to find the needed equipment.

How much is staying at the tavern going to cost per person?


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:


How much is staying at the tavern going to cost per person?

1 sp per person to stay the at the tavern in the common room. There are no individual rooms in the tavern. Looking around town you can find a inn with better accomodations/separate (though small) rooms for 5sp per person.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

"That seems like a good plan Warren. I will be looking for a bit finer accommodations that fit my taste. I meet back up with you all in the mornin'."

Alma heads out of the tavern to find a nicer room for 5sp.

subtracted 8 silver. 3 for the soup and 5 for the nicer room.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Seeing Cedric join them Markov gives him a friendly smile. "So you decided to test your luck in this "devils game." Upon saying "devils game" Markov looks at Alma as he leaves.


Unknown

Dice Game:

Stan calls at 8 silver as well, then re-rolls one of his threes.

Stan
3, 4, 5, 6
1d6 ⇒ 4

Bill checks, and tries again for the full house.
Bill
6, 6, 2, 2
1d6 ⇒ 3

Current Pot at 3gp. No outstanding bids.

Markovs roll


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov checks and rolls two
3,3,3
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 1


Unknown

With his only hope of winning the hand being four of kind Stan re-rolls all but his six.


6
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 6

Markov pulls in the 3gp for a net gain of 2gp

"Devils game indeed. You seem to have the devils own luck."


Next hand starts with Markov, then Cedric, then Stan and Bill.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov tosses 2 silver in and rolls.
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I arrange a place for Derrig in the common room and check to see if he has any injuries which need healing.
heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Then I hook an arm under his shoulder and adress the gang: Anyone want to give me a hand getting this guy to his bunk?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Unsure of exactly how the betting works, Cedric tosses in a gold piece and rolls his dice.

1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 4


Unknown

Stan and Bill look at Cedric a moment, seeming confused. "Uh, just two silver to start."

Assuming Cedric then corrects his amount. They both roll.

Stan

1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 3

Bill

1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 3

Markov then Cedrics turn to bid and roll.

Malaswyn:
As did Irina you notice Derig has a number of small scrapes and scratches along his arms and hands, the few deeper ones have scabbed over.

You also notice a nasty looking scar on the inside of his upper left arm. The wound is quite old though.


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:

"Three days in; three days out; add in two more for unexpected delays... I suggest we spend thirty of this gold on rations. That will keep the eight of us going for just over a week. Heligar, if you give me that pouch I can run and get the foo--Along with any other supplies you all think we might need, tonight and we can be ready to start tomorrow morning."

Assuming the ranger gives him the money, Warren quickly exits the room to find the needed equipment.

How much is staying at the tavern going to cost per person?

I believe 2 members of the party also have horses, Irina and Alma, 5cp a day for feed.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Smiling at Cedric mistake, Markov adds a gold and rolls 2
4,4,4
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 4
Turning to Cedric. "Now you can add your gold or more if you wish."


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric apologizes and replaces his gold with silver. He does decide to add on a piece of gold for his next roll anyways, keeping his 4s.

1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5

To Markov: "Ahh... I probably should have dropped out there..."


Unknown

Stan and Bill both drop for the rest of this round.

Pot is 2gp 8sp

One more set of rolls for Markov and Cedric

Cedric will start the rolls on the next round.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Not having any more silver pieces, Cedric sighs and tosses in one of his few remaining gold pieces.

"As long as it's going to a good cause, eh Markov?"

He blows on his dice for luck, and tosses his last two once more.

1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 2

Tower:

Cedric has Prestidigitation, one of the effects of which is the ability to move small objects slightly. If he's able, he would use this to nudge his dice to attempt towards being fours as they settle to rest. Your call if that's allowable use, or how subtle it would be. He also has mage hand, if that would work better, I'm assuming he knows how they work well enough to know which to use.


Unknown

Both of Cedrics dice come up fours, giving him five of a kind.

Cedric make a bluff check.
Markov make a perception roll against Cedrics bluff check.
If you make the perception roll you know something is fishy, make a spellcraft check to figure out what exactly is fishy.


Markov Galan wrote:

Looking at where "Hotshot" is sitting. Hey "Hotshot", why don't you join us in this "devil's game" and let the others crowd the gnome. Who knows maybe this'll solve you light pouch problem."

Markov turns back towards the dice players.

Hotshot lets out a chuckle, wiping his mouth with the back of his sleeve.

"I prefer to make my money through my own means. Luck is so... difficult, if you understand. And I think my pouch will be considerably heavier after we help this poor gnomish fellow."

He drains the last of his ale, walking over to Derig and giving him a light pat on his back, being careful to not wake him up. "Poor soul. I'm ready to travel when we gather our supplies."


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric grins at his "good fortune".

Bluff to fix the dice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Hang on a there Warren. We can't go spending our money on just anything. We gotta know where we're goin' first. Little friend, you say this place is in a marsh....is it -like - under water a bit? Is it surrounded in muck? Or is it like a moat? Can we get there with horses - foot? Why can't you get in? Isn't there another door? Is it a stone fort?


Unknown
Heligar wrote:
Hang on a there Warren. We can't go spending our money on just anything. We gotta know where we're goin' first. Little friend, you say this place is in a marsh....is it -like - under water a bit? Is it surrounded in muck? Or is it like a moat? Can we get there with horses - foot? Why can't you get in? Isn't there another door? Is it a stone fort?

Prior to Derig falling asleep

"It's an old stone fort. Most of it... I think most of it has fallen away and sunk into the marsh. There are a couple of pools I had to wade into up to my waist, you bigger folk shouldn't have any problems. The heat... the drought has dried up a lot of it."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

My roll
4,4,4,4
1d6 ⇒ 1
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Spellcraft:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Unknown

Looks like Cedric pulls off that bluff and takes the pot. 3gp and 8sp, of which 2gp and 2sp was your own.
Not sure if you would have waned to do that last roll Markov, you would have needed to add another gold to match Cedrics. If Markov does toss in another gold for the roll the extra 1gp goes to Cedric.

Also realized there was another comment I'd meant for Derig to make regarding the fort in my last post.

"If there is another entryway, it must have been covered in rubble."


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

So his roll was before mine? I thought it was me Cedric Stan Bill and next round it would be Cedric Stan Bill me. If his is I would fold seeing a five of a kind.


Unknown
Markov Galan wrote:
So his roll was before mine? I thought it was me Cedric Stan Bill and next round it would be Cedric Stan Bill me. If his is I would fold seeing a five of a kind.

Good catch, I didn't realize he'd done two rolls in a row. So that would have been your third roll before he fudged his dice roll, so that game is over without any more contribution needed from you.

Next game Cedric starts the rolls, followed by Stan and Bill, then Markov.

Cedric:
If you want to use prestidigitation on future rolls that is fine - just roll as normal then indicate it. It will be harder to pull off if the natural roll is on the opposite side of the dice from what you are trying to get (e.g, 1-6 2-5 3-4 are the opposite pairs). And each attempt will risk you getting caught of course.


Unknown

Each player earns 200xp for the time spent in town, learning a little about Bendon, and meeting and talking with Derig.

In the morning Derig leads the way north of Gumlat deep into the forest, following an old game trail. He talks little, usually mumbling with eyes downcast when he does. The nights rest appears to have done him much good though as he is far more energetic. The forest is a place of serene quiet and beauty, the shade of the trees keeping the heat of the day off the party.

You camp that evening and continue the following day. The forest grows thicker and darker forcing you to sometimes push your way through the overgrowth and watch for hanging branches that occasionally scratch at the face and snag in your hair. Late in the afternoon the smell of the marsh reaches your senses and Derig's mood becomes gloomy. Within an hour you reach the edge of the forest and look out over the marsh. Bright sunlight and hot humid air surround you. Insects buzz around you, mosquitoes looking for a place to bite. Derig indicates it is another few hours travel into the muddy waters and suggests camping a little ways back into the forest for the night.

The third morning you find yourself trudging through the marsh, the ground is hard packed earth for much of the way. Much of the plant life lays scorched in the sun, withered reeds and dried out moss. Occasionally you cross over a muddy patch or shallow areas of standing water. You grow accustomed to the constant drone of buzzing insects around you. As time passes the gnome takes on the nervousness you witnessed the day you met him, jumping at every sound that indicates there is still some life left in the marsh. Finally you spot the ruined fort ahead. Crumbled walls surround a large flat area sitting several feet above the shallow pools that surround much of the old fort. The entire structure sits at a slightly odd angle as though the place has been slowly sinking into the swamp over the years. Large broken fragments of walls stick up out of the ground along the still intact portion of the fort. Portion of walls remain what must have once been an upper level.

Taking a few more steps Derig staggers and begins trembling violently. placing his hands to his head he lets out a loud moan of either pain or anguish. He collapses on top of a small mound of earth some forty feet from the ruins.

Map of the Old Fort in the Marsh

I've also placed a link to the old fort map in the campaign tab so you don't have to keep finding it in the game play thread.

As before, feel free to enter your name in on the map for where you currently are, or are moving to.


"Derig!!" Irina exclaims, rushing to his side. She holds one of his wrists, listens to his heart, checks his eyes, and other things to see what has befallen him.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Seeing the gnome fall in front of him. Markov looks around to try to see if anything is off.
Perception;1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Addressing Irina. "How is he? Any clue what happened to him?"


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

To clarify on that last dice roll, you said that Cedric will start the rolls the next round. I thought you meant the next round of betting, but looking back you probably meant full round of dice. Likely doesn't matter, as it would appear that all dice games are over, but sorry for any mistake, only my character was trying to cheat :D


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

I think we can continue the game as it seems it is more for fun and doesn't really change what we do in the marsh


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Seeing that the gnome is well taken care of, Cedric draws his shortbow and knocks an arrow. He steps in front of Irina, Markov, and Gerig, looking around for any danger. He doesn't like the look of this place, nor the obvious dread the gnome had been experiencing because of it.

Tower:

Aww crap, I somehow did not take Detect Magic as one of my cantrips, despite Cedric being paranoid about magic users, and instead took two different cantrips that both move stuff. As he hasn't yet used light, mage hand, or ghost sound, it would be cool if he could replace one with Detect Magic, which would make more sense, but if not he can pick it up next level, so no biggy.

Perception to look around for danger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Depositing her haversack and staff on the ground, Heligar draws out her longbow and arms it. She approaches the fort, looking for any signs of activity, or traces of any person or creature that may have been here recently.

Move towards the fort to around M13. Survival (track) to look for signs 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I nock an arrow to my bow and move next to Derig, ready to defend or heal.


Immediately drawing his pistol and loading a cartridge, Hotshot moves to the left flank, taking stock of the surroundings and anything out of the ordinary around him.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Moving slightly away from the group to protect the flank, Warren draws his blade and shrugs his shield onto his other arm. I really hope we can get that gnome back on his feet soon. We're in no position to defend an extra body if something decides to attack us.


Unknown

You can hear the continual sounds of life in the surrounding marsh, the endless drone of insects, but otherwise nothing stirs.

Irina:
Derig's skin is hot to the touch with a very high fever. He is unconscious at the moment, but his body shivers from time to time from the fever. As you turn him over to try and aid him you can see that his cheeks are moist, as though he has been crying.

Cedric:
You notice some medium sized humanoid footprints in the ground near the muddy water where the earth is still soft.

This part of the marsh is a bit more quiet than elsewhere. There is still plenty of wildlife and insect noise coming from the surrounding area, but around the fort itself there does not seem to be any life at all.

And feel free to swap a cantrip for Detect Magic

Heligar:
You notice some medium sized humanoid footprints in the ground near the muddy water where the earth is still soft.

As you get closer to the ruins you can see that the stone surface is cracked and broken, as though it is starting to collapse in on the room or rooms below.

The water around the fort appears to be perhaps a foot deep is all.

Dice Game:

The dice games can continue as you would have had several hours that day to continue playing. Cedric you are up to roll first for game #4.


"Alma, come pick him up. He has a terrible fever, let's try to find him at least a bit of shade."


Someone's been here recently....or is here occupying the fort. See those prints here in the muddy ground? Someone needs to keep watch over Derig as Irina or Malaswyn tend to him. There's a small shelter in my haversack. You can rig it up if you need to and can't find no shade. I want take a gander around the building to get a good look at the place and understand the tracks before we decide what to do next. Who's with me?

Circle the perimeter along solid ground. Look for more clues and signs. Where do the tracks lead? May I suggest that Malaswyn, Alma and Irina stay with the gnome for the moment and look for shade. The rest would join Heligar and move counterclockwise toward the west side to inspect the entrance using Perception checks as needed.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

"I'll come with you, Heli, let me do one thing first..."

Cedric moves forward towards the fort, and casts Detect Magic in the direction of the stone structure, attempting to get as much of it as possible in the 60' cone range.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

I'll go with you too. i want to get a better look at this building.
Markov moves up with Heligar and Cedric.


Unknown

The tracks lead to the south west side of the structure. You can see dried mud stuck to the edge of one section of it (U11, V11) where someone has scraped the mud off of their boots.

The only 'natural' shade in the area would be atop the structure next to one of the partially remaining walls.

Cedric:
The entire structure, including the piles of debris and rubble, emanates a dim aura of divination magic.

Those who moved up with Heligar:

As you get close to the west end you can see several old bones lying near the stairs. It appears to be a humanoid skull and part of a rib cage that has been crushed.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma moves over to put the gnome over his right shoulder, while continuing his best to have his shield held in his left hand.

It appears my work blocks googledocs. So I can't see the layout of the land just yet, as a result, I will follow Irina to find a suitable place to put the gnome down. If a suitable place is found, and it appears that he is out of danger, I will catch up to Heliger with sword and shield drawn.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov approaches the stairs and looks for any traps or anything that stands out.
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
"So who wants to go down first."

51 to 100 of 1,760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.