Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tower of the Heavens

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


901 to 950 of 1,760 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Irina starts again with slumber hexes, starting with the lead werewolf.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Reeling back from the painful attack. Alma heals himself.

LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6

As his hands glow restoring some of his life, Alma side steps to T11.

He once again grabs his greatsword from off his back. His shield and long sword crashing to the ground.

I assume I can't attack with doing all those actions. I have 1 LoH left. If I am correct I am at 14/25 HP.


Will post after I learn whether Irina's hex works.


Unknown

Will save (slumber hex): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The lead werewolf, the one with the burns on its face, drops the the floor.

I assume Alma is going to attack it then step to the side.
Warren is up, then the wolves


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Assuming I move before Irina. As she noted, I still have my standard action left. So I will attack

"You are mistaken. Now you are the hunted."

Alma uses all his force to strike the beast.

Great Sword w/ PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 = 25
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 11


Moving to V11, Warren swings his blade at the creature in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Unknown

Alma exchanges blows with the creature before it falls to the slumber hex.

Neither Warren or Markov are able to score a hit on the creature.

With howls the other two charge forward at Warren as their leader falls.

Attack (with charge, no cover): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Attack (Warren has cover): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11

The howling creature knocks aside Warren's parry, drawing blood from the half-elf.

The leader recovers from the slumber and wakes up this turn, but is still lying on the ground U12

Updated map

Party may act


I'm a little confused. The slumber should last one round, meaning he wakes up just before her turn, so after she goes, shouldn't everybody have a round to attack the werewolf? Obviously, as soon as somebody hits, it will wake up, though.


Unknown

Ah yes, sorry. Alma and Markov should both take actions before it wakes up. Warren delayed till after the hex went off, so his action would be after it wakes up.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Not sure if I can hit the Leader from where i'm located. If not, then I will wait until Warren is out of the way

Alma raises his great sword with the blade pointing downward. "From Heaven's heart I stab at thee! Thrusting his blade deep into the werewolf.

Cout De Gras: 2d10 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8, 9) + 6 - 1 = 22


Unknown

You can, it will provoke AoO's though.


The -1 for being silver is multiplied on a crit as well, so 21 damage and DC 31 fort save to avoid death.

Warren swings at the closest wolf Not sure which one that is at this point and then steps to his left.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Unknown

AoO against Alma: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Fort save from coup de grace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Alma slays the leader but takes a nasty slash in return, leaving him feeling light headed from the loss of blood.

The werewolf deflects Warrens blade.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov tries to shoot at the creature at U13.
Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage:1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
He then loads another silver bolt.


Unknown

With the cover from the Warren and the doorway Markov is unable to land a hit.

Continuing Irina's hexing onto the next one
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The werewolf in the doorway falls to floor.

The last one steps into the doorway, attacking Warren.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cleave to Alma: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11

The blade rips through Warren's armor and drops him to the ground bleeding and unconscious.

Warren is at -8
Update map

Party may act


Irina lets yet a yelp as Warren goes down. She quickly lays a hand on him and some of his wounds close over.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

His life slipping away, Alma calls upon Imodae one last time.

LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Puts me at 4 HP and out of LoH

With another beast waiting to be killed, Alma goes for the killing blow.

coup de grace: 2d10 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9, 6) + 6 - 2 = 19


Unknown

AoO against Alma: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The last standing werewolf swipes at Alma, its blade clanging off his armor.

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 - 19 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 19 = -11

The sleeping wolf spasms briefly as Alma's greatsword cuts through though bone and flesh.

Warren is at 0 HP and conscious. Markov and Warren are up.
Note that the last standing werewolf is the one that has cuts on its arms and legs.


Warren tries to heal himself, doing his best to avoid the wolf at the same time.

Defensive CLW: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Healing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Irina will be healing Alma next.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Unknown

Markov GMPC'd

Markov steps backwards and takes another shot at the beast.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16

The bolt wedges itself in the creature chain mail armor but does not break through the defenses.

The beast snaps at Warren with its jaws while taking a wild swing at Alma with its blade.

Attack (Alma): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack (Warren): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

It is unable to score a hit with either.

Further life energy flows into Alma from Irina's healing hex.

Updated Map

Markov, Alma and Warren are up.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov again tries to shoot the beast getting frustrated at his lack of progress.
Attack:1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8
He loads another bolt.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

With Warren on the ground, am I able to occupy his space with him? Or do I need to make an attack from my current spot creating a AoO?


Unknown

You can move to occupy his space.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma stands over Warren, one against thrusting his weapon at the injured foe.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 = 7
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 13


Not wanting to get hit while standing, Warren attacks from the ground.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Unknown

Unrelenting the werewolf continues its attack.

Attack (Alma): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Attack (Warren - bite): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

No change to the map. Party may act again.


Slumber on werewolf.


Unknown

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The creature manages to remain standing.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov shoots another bolt.
Attack:1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
and reloads.


Warren defensively casts CLW on himself again, but being on the ground with a wolf standing over him is too distracting and the spell fizzles.

Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 14

Alma swings his sword in vain.


Unknown

With a howl the wolf takes another stab at Alma and snaps its jaws at Warren.

Attack (Alma): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Attack (Alma): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

A brutal swipe at Alma drops him to the floor bleeding. at -10 HP

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The creature then promptly drops to the ground, Irina's hex taking hold.

Party may act
Alma, you will need to make a DC 10 stabilize check each round or lose another HP. For each HP you are below 0 the DC increases by 1, so it is currently a DC 20 check. You get to add your con modifier to your roll, so +2 to your roll.
Anyone doing a heal check needs to make a DC 15 heal check to stabilize him.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

You have me listed as -10 HP. I was at 13 HP, so shouldn't I be at -1 HP? And if that is true, wouldn't that make the DC stabilize Check only 11 and not 20?


Unknown

You are correct. I don't have all my data in front of me here from work. Last listed HP in the thread is 4, but Irina healed you for 9 after that, so you are at -1, making the stabilize a DC 11.


"It's time to finish this!"

With some effort Warren heaves himself forward and thrusts his blade deep into the were-creature's chest.

Coup de grace: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 3 = 17


"Oh, for heaven's sakes. My healing tricks only work on any given person once in any given day. Can anybody else help him?"

She lays hands on herself and heals her own injuries.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Hey! Where'd all those 9's go??


Unknown

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 - 17 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 17 = 5

Warren skewers the last of the creatures.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Stablize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Alma continues to bleed out.

Currently at -2


"I have one spell remaining." Kneeling over Alma, Warren touches him briefly, his hand conducting positive energy into the paladin's body.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Stands up and retrieves his long sword and shield. Nodding to Warren in thanks.

Alma moves over to the older lady to try and see if she is alive. And bandage any wounds still bleeding

Heal check: 1d20 ⇒ 10

i'm not proficient in Healing, but I assume I can still do the check


Irina starts heading around, laying healing hexes on all the downed people.


Unknown

@Irina, in which order? Order will matter for some of them.


Closest to the door and in, though if somebody else shouts for her that a person next to them is seconds from expiring, she'll jump the line.

"Spread out and triage!" she commands the others. "Try and stop the bleeding where you can."

The Heal check to stabilize somebody is DC 15, I believe, but can be done untrained.


Warren will move to the other side of the room and check people coming backward towards Irina.


Unknown

I'm assuming you are skipping the two werewolves that are further in the room lying on the floor?

Between Warren and Irina you are able stabilize the old woman, and a younger woman and two men in their twenties. The one other human in the remain is the man who accompanied the old woman. He is plainly dead.

The two men come awake with Irina's healing, but the two women both remain asleep. Both woman have bite marks on their arms, and the skin is red and puffy around the wounds.

The two bartenders, pale faced, and visibly shaken, stand in the doorway as though waiting to see if you might require help with anything but fearing you might actually ask.


To keep them busy if nothing else, Irina calls to the bartenders, "These men here could probably use a stiff drink to call their nerves. Just one, mind you, as we'll have questions for them."


Seeing that everyone is either stable or dead, Warren proceeds to search the bodies of the three wolfmen.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Unknown

The barkeeps rush off into the main room with a murmured "Yes ma'am." while the two men in the room crawl over next to the younger woman. "Carise. Carise." Seeing her breathing they relax a little. "We are indebted to four of you."

One of the barkeeps returns with a bottle of whiskey and a couple of shot glasses and pours for the two men. They down the proffered liquid then one pulls Carise's head to rest in his lap while the other gets up to take a seat in a chair.

Warren:
You find a bag heavy with coin on the wolf with the burned face 700gp. His longsword is also of high quality craftsmanship. The others each have a handful of coins on them 10gp worth each


Unknown

What are the groups plans at this point?

901 to 950 of 1,760 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.