Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tower of the Heavens (Inactive)

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


601 to 650 of 1,760 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Irina reloads and fires again at the woman.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5 Her bolt goes wide, high over the roof.


Unknown

Updated Map

Warren, since you need to move before acrobatics is required I won't allow you to stand back up again. Instead you got the effect of a 5' move.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric has one more trick up his sleeve, but he's not doing anything while the woman is close enough to attack him again. He makes sure to prevent her from retrieving her crossbow, though.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I call out as I see Cedric take a fierce blow: Cedric, are you okay! then stride across the roof and fire again at the fleeing woman Move to W84
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage 1d8 ⇒ 2

I squint up at the sky, finding my bearings: Alma! She's heading North West!


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will move to u86 and throw a bomb at q86.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Thanks for the gmpc my internet was down for a couple of days.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

I ride to X81


Unknown

Markov's bomb burns both of the men badly, but wakes them from their slumber.

Ignoring Cedric and leaving her crossbow behind the half elf flees again.

Acrobatics (balance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Using standard action to move again

Acrobatics (balance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

With casual grace she darts across the roofs, leaping the gaps as she goes.

Lih a bit hesitantly, looking down over the edge, backs up a bit then takes a running jump.
Acrobatics (balance): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Also using standard action to move

Acrobatics (balance): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Acrobatics (jump): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

She clears both gaps, though the look on her face shows she is uncomfortable up here.

Party may act
Updated map


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

I ride to Q87


Unknown

Q87 is in the middle of a building. Also remember if you aren't attacking anything you can take 2 move actions.


Warren stands up and again tries to jump, this time throwing his shield off the rooftop first.
Balance: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Falling on his face, he stands again.


With not much else to do, Irina reloads and fires again.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 = 8

Again, her bolt skitters wide across the roof tiles.


Unknown

To many 10 and lower rolls on the d20 is making this encounter harder than was intended. That's 8 of the last 10 rolls that are 10 or lower.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Make that Q75


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov throws another bomb at the same place then loads a bolt.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Unknown

Malaswyn and Cedric are up.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric will fire his shortbow at the fleeing woman.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Once again, I fire at the fleeing woman.

attack 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 = 13
damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Unknown

Markov's bomb splashes down between the two men on the north roof.
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
each avoids the greater part of the splashing flames but to no avail as both go unconscious.

Warren slipping again on the roof
Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
manages to stop himself from going over the edge.

-2 to hit for Cedric firing at one range increment with the shortbow. The shot still hits though.

With the effort of firing the bow Cedric collapses. Now at -1 hp and dying

The half elf also falls as the arrow pierces her side.

Party may act again. No enemies remain standing but Cedric will need to make constitution checks each round to stabilize or receive healing. All of the enemies may or may not be bleeding to death as well.

The guards have not arrived yet.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Cedric!

Dropping my bow, I take a running jump over the gaps between the buildings to try to reach Cedric.

acrobatics 1d20 ⇒ 20

Landing gracefully on the other side, I try to scuttle over the rooftop toward my fallen friend.

acrobatics to balance, if needed 1d20 ⇒ 17


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov jumps to the building with the men.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
He then walks to the men and checks on them.
Heal:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Uh oh...


Unknown

Cedric is now at -2, though Malaswyn is now standing right next to him.

Markov:
Both men are still breathing, but it is shallow and strained. You cannot tell if their condition is stable or worsening.

I should mention, we don't need to strictly follow round by round actions currently, though I do need a general sense of what everyone is doing in what order. So feel free to state things that might take several rounds.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

I will continue to make way to P60. Using my grapple and rope (didn't end up needing to tie up the first prisoner since the elf was there to watch him).

Granted Warren may get there sooner, especially since I can't seem to climb a rope. But that's the plan regardless.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I check Cedric for poisons or other problems
heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
then I tenderly run my fingers through his hair and shake my head, saying softly: That was very stupid, Cedric, and very brave. before closing my eyes and issuing a quiet, heartfelt appeal to The Dawnflower Rebuke death heals 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric sits up, looks at the large amount of blood on his clothing and shirt, and almost falls back down. He looks up at Malaswyn with half a smile and half a grimace of pain. "Hey... Did I get her?"


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Hold on there, Cedric, I'm not done yet. Looking with conern at Cedric's still wounded body, I pour further healing prayers over him clw 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov searches the men for anything of value and interest.


Irina picks herself up from the roof tiles. She considers jumping over to fetch her bolts,then decides that bolts are cheaper to replace than her neck, and moves to head down the rope.

Taking 10 for an 8.


Warren will also head towards the remaining enemies, checking for the missing pendant. He also pauses to heal himself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I have one more spell if Cedric needs more healing.


Unknown

As Alma sets his grappling hook a small girl watches with open wonder. A man also passing through the maze of side streets stops and gapes for a moment before moving on.

Warren and Lih catch up to Alma as he pulls himself up onto the roof next to the unconscious half elf. She is still breathing, her fine longsword sitting a foot from her outstretched hand on the roof.

Alma:
Going through her pouches you find a handful of loose coins in the first and a silver necklace with a crescent moon hooked to the chain.

Lih calls up with a half twist of a smile on her face, "Push her down, I owe that one a swift kick in the ribs."

Markov:
Both have mundane short swords and light crossbows and wear leather armor that has seen better days. One has 3sp in a pouch, the other has a small piece of quartz in one of his pouches. You can pocket the coin and quartz easily if you wish to.

In the street down below where Logan is you hear a soft grunt and the sound of something softer striking stone.

Cedric is still feeling slightly dizzy from the loss of blood, but the pain has mostly left thanks to the healing powers of Sarenrae.

Cedric and Malswyn:
The half elfs light crossbow sits a few feet away from you. Like her sword it is of high quality craftsmanship.

As Irina climbs down the rope the small crowd of people to the east begins to disperse, though a few stick around to see if there is going to be any more excitement.

Irina:
On the street heading east you can see five individuals sprinting your direction, all in uniforms of some kind. The glint of metal catches in the fading sun off of four of them. The fifth, a woman, though in matching colors has looser fitting clothes that flap about in the wind. It will be another 30 seconds or so before they reach you.

Update map


"We're about to have company. Official company," Irina calls up the rope to anybody there. She then descends and smoothes her skirts to prepare for their arrival.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markv pockets the coins, quarts and takes any crossbow bolts they have. He then moves and looks into the street with his crossbow ready.


Warren drops to the ground, retrieves his shield, and joins the others with his weapon drawn, but lowered.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Looking at the silver necklace, I look up at Lih, "Is this the pendant that was stolen? What does the crescent moon signify? Any idea why these thieves would know to target you as a mark?"


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

That is a fine looking crossbow, best not leave it up here.

I pick up the crossbow and then look around: So, how do we get down?


Unknown

You can hang from the roof then drop without risk if you want.

Markov:
There are 22 crossbow bolts between the two of them.

Lih calls up to Alma, "Yes that's the one, you'd have to ask Logan about it though."

She smooths out her cloak, shaking some of the water off the richly made fabric. "Who can say why petty thieves target anyone."

----------------------------

As the guards reach the intersection one of the men in armor stops to speak with the few people still standing in the area while the other four continue to come your direction. They stop about 30' from Irina about the same time Warren comes around the corner blade in hand. Logan also comes out of the side ally leading Irina's horse. The thief he was watching is unconscious, hands wrapped up in the horses stirrups and being dragged along. The left side of his face is trickling blood and beginning to swell up.

Two men and one woman in armor, loaded crossbows are immediately leveled at Warren. The woman dressed in loose fitting clothes and without armor is a half elf, tattoos cover her left arm and the left side of her face. She speaks in a strong commanding voice, "Sheath your weapons this instant." Glancing up at Markov, "Climb down immediately and remove the bolt from your crossbow. You will submit to our questions. Attempting to flee or resist will result in your arrest."

Upon seeing Logan her eyes narrow for a brief moment.

Alma, Malaswyn, Cedric and Lih are not currently with the group.


Knowledge (local) check to see how big a crime vigilantism is in the city(If the DC is 10 or less): 1d20 ⇒ 5

Warren slowly returns the blade to its scabbard and waits for the guards to speak.


"And what questions would those be, officer? We are travelers who came upon two citizens being robbed by a band more than twice their number who fought with lethal intent. We did our best to insure that all of the suspects were taken alive, though they gave us no such consideration. We did not seek to break any of your laws, and the thieves would surely have escaped had we not intervened."

She glances back at Logan, noting the look he got.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Tower of Heavens:
Are there any thieves bleeding-out on any rooftops?


Unknown
Malaswyn Tyddewi wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

You will need to go do a heal check on each of them (DC 10) to determine if they are stable or not. Let me know which order you want to go in, I assume you'll rebuke death on any that are still bleeding out?


Unknown

Irina:
Logan is either unaware of the look the guard gave him or did not react to it in any way you were able to tell from his expression or body language.


Unknown

The guards switch the aim of their crossbows up to Markov on the roof. The half-elven woman doesn't wait for him to get down. She speaks in a non-threatening tone, but her voice is not friendly either. "My first question was going ask what has been going on here but you've answered that, unless there is anything else you'd like to add?" Looking at the unconscious man being dragged by the horse, "I see one supposed thief, where are the others? And what have they stolen?"

Logan speaks up, "Captain Halmes, they took a pendant..."

The captain cuts him off and her voice is icy. "Logan Drais, when I am ready to here your version of events I will ask for them."

The old elf frowns slightly and gives a slight nod.

The captain then turns to Warren, her voice softening only a tiny bit, "Running through the streets waving a sword around is likely to cause a panic, or to get yourself killed. I recommend you let the city guard handle things of this nature in the future." She then turns back to Irina waiting for a response to her questions.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov not wanting to get shot puts away his crossbow.

"Well we have two more theives up here behind me. Now can you please stop pointing those crossbows at me."
Markov sits on the roof ready to get down.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Perception to hear the conversation below: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

(I'm assuming they haven't seen Cedric, since he's sitting/lying down on the roof).


Unknown

With Markov's crossbow put away the guards relax their stance and point their crossbows to the ground, but still loaded and ready should they feel a need to use them.


Irina nods. "The thieves fled to the city roofs, including their leader. I didn't see if she survived or not. I suspect our group's leader, Alma, has her in custody, if he didn't have to kill her. He's a paladin of the Mithral Rose, you know."


Unknown
Cedric Valentine wrote:

[dice=Perception to hear the conversation below]1d20+2

(I'm assuming they haven't seen Cedric, since he's sitting/lying down on the roof).

Missed this since I was posting at the same time. No they are not aware of your presence (or Malaswyn's yet). The conversation is loud enough you are able to catch most of it.


Unknown

Pointing up at Markov Captain Halmes orders, "You, stay up there a moment." She turns back to Irina, "Where is this paladin at present?"


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I head over to the injured thieves:

Spoiler:

acrobatics, if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 or I'll take ten for a score of 12.
heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

And, if rebuke death is needed:
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

With the thief in tow, I begin to head back to the rest of the group.

601 to 650 of 1,760 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.