Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tower of the Heavens

Game Master bbangerter

Mines


551 to 600 of 1,760 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Unknown

Updated map


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I run over to join the group having spent some time with the elves, I'm assuming I am behind everyone else, so I will climb next round.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov moves behind Alma and drinks his mutagen.


Irina moves up to the foot of the wall and uses her sleep hex on the thief trying to cut the rope.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric will loose an arrow at the the thief Alma targeted if he doesn't drop to sleep. If he does, Cedric will dash towards the rope.


Unknown

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Both of the figures are now prone on the roof.

Warren is away till Saturday, so GMPC'ing him in the meantime.

He moves to Z91 and begins climbing the rope. It will take two move actions or a single full round action to climb to the top of the building. Cedric you should also be able to climb half way up this turn with a DC 5 acrobatics check if you want.
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

The two thieves are sleeping, there is no sign yet of the others that were with them.

Lih moves forward close to the wall Z92 and Logan moving a bit slower moves next to Malaswyn W96
The party may act again.
As usual I'll get a map update tonight.


Unknown

Updated map


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma will attempt to climb the rope again.

Rope climb 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1

hahaha


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markov will move up and try to climb the rope.
1d20 ⇒ 1


Alma wrote:

Alma will attempt to climb the rope again.

Rope climb 1d20-5

hahaha

You might want to try taking ten next time.

Climb check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Warren finishes his climb up the rope, then draws his sword and continues moving along the roof.


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:


You might want to try taking ten next time.

Can't take 10 during combat or other 'time pressure' situations.


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

I'm not sure if the acrobatics was in place of the climb, or just to go faster/get to it, so in case it's needed:

Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:
Warren Enzroth wrote:


You might want to try taking ten next time.
Can't take 10 during combat or other 'time pressure' situations.

He would have to wait and do it after we kill all the bad guys. :)


Unknown

Yes, I meant climb, not acrobatics.

As Warren pulls himself up onto the roof 3 crossbow bolts come flying at him.

Flat footed, no shield bonus, but partial cover, AC 18, using readied actions.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Looking out over the rooftops you can see three other figures, just fired light crossbows in hand.

One of the rogues on the ground is beginning to wake. At X89

The roof you are standing on is flat. All of the buildings in the area are about the same height, but some of the roofs have a slight slope to them, and everything is wet with the rain.

Moving across grey colored roofs is a DC 10 acrobatics if you want to move at full speed. Moving on brown colored roofs is a DC 15 acrobatics if you want to move at full speed. You can move on either at half speed without penalty.

Irina and Malaswyn still have actions to state for this round.

Updated map


Seeing crossbow bolts fly, things clearly aren't over, so Irina waits her turn on the rope.

Fast dismount: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

The frail witch slips out of her saddle in the blink of an eye and scrambles a good way up the rope.


Unknown

Irina climbs to the top without problem, you succeeded on your fast dismount so with both your move and standard action available to climb you make it up top (unless you wanted to only climb part way for some reason)


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Warren, push them down!


Unknown

The two thieves to to the sides reload their crossbows, and seeing softer targets than Warren's armor fire at Cedric and Irina respectively.

Attack Cedric: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The bolt flys wide of Cedric.

Attack Irina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage to Irina: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Irina takes a nasty wound to the shoulder, her face going pale from the pain.

The thief on the west building reloads her crossbow, but moves cautiously across the roof to put some more distance between her and those on the roof.

One of the prone thieves rousing from his magical slumber stands up, short blade in hand. Cedric, you may make an attack of opportunity. He slashes wildly at Cedric.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12

And takes a step back towards the middle of the roof.

Logan moves up and takes the reins of Alma's and Irina's horses, and speaking to Alma, "You may have trouble trying to chase them down across the roof tops in all that armor."

Lih springs foward grabbing the south rope and begins climbing.
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Update map

The party may act again.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Seeing an opportunity to contribute, I fire at the thief who stands on the edge of the roof:
attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


"Head's up Alma, this one's comin' your way."
Warren grunts as he lifts the heavy man and throws him over the edge, then turns to face the remaining one on the roof.

Five-foot step, bull rush guy off the roof. He takes a -5 dex modifier because he's helpless.

Bull rush: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Unknown

The one at the edge of the roof is the sleeping one, but you can blast him as Warren pushes him over the edge if you want.

Warren pushes the sleeping one over the edge and with a crunch of bone he lands on the ground at Alma's feet.

Falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Assuming Malaswyn firebolts the guy

The thief cries out in pain as he comes awake only to increase in volume as Malaswyn's flames scorch his skin, he remains conscious though.


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma shouts so that all of his companions can hear him. "We are not outlaws, simply apprehend these thieves so the local justice may punish them appropriatly!" Turning his attention to the person at his feet. "You have some explaining to do. " I immediately begin to tie him up with my rope.

Grapple Check for this? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Alma calls out for the Guards.


Irina gasps in pain, drooping prone on the roof. She runs her hands over the wound, healing herself.

Healing hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Alma wrote:
Grapple Check for this? 1d20+3

You need to grapple him. Then make another grapple check next turn to pin him. Then make a third one the turn after to tie him up.


Unknown
Warren Enzroth wrote:
Alma wrote:
Grapple Check for this? 1d20+3
You need to grapple him. Then make another grapple check next turn to pin him. Then make a third one the turn after to tie him up.

This is normally the case, but in the given circumstances of having just been tossed off the top of a building, burned by fire, and now surrounded by hostile people the man gives up readily.

Cedric and Markov are up.


Male Half-Elf Alchemist/3 HP 16/20

Markor tries to climb the rope again.

1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric lashes out with his longsword as the prone man rises to face him.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

It's a powerful swing, but goes over his head. Cedric manages to dodge the man's own attack, and follows after him as he moves towards the middle of the roof, slashing at him again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Unknown

A few others braving the rain coming up the main road see the commotion, and at hearing Alma's shout for the guards take up the call while ducking behind the buildings to the east to be sure they aren't caught up in the fracas.

The flesh of Irina's shoulder immediately heals over and the bleeding stops.

Markov scrabbles to the top of the roof.

Cedric's second hit connects, but does not cut through the leather armor beneath the mans long cloak. The thief immediately withdraws (withdraw action, no AoO) them runs northward, leaping across the roof to the adjacent building.

DC 5 Acrobatics (Jump): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The other man on the northern roof reloads his crossbow to fire at Cedric again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The one on the south reloads, but then runs west to leap across the roof.

DC 10 Acrobatics (balance): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Ouch
DC 15 reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

As he nears the edge of the roof some of the tiles on the roof come off underneath his feet and he slips and falls prone, but manages to stop himself from slipping over the edge.

The last thief takes aim at Markov.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The bolt leaves a slight scratch on his arm. She then reloads her crossbow.

Lih finishes climbing onto the roof and pulls out a hand crossbow from within the folds of her cloak.

Party may act

Coran Rooftops


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

After tying up the thief, alma grabs him with force speaking in a stern and commanding manner, " Who are you, and why have you stolen a pendant from the elf?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric yells down to Alma as he hears the paladin's voice. "Hey! Maybe we can take care of these guys shooting us before we start chatting them up? Just a suggestion!"

He runs towards the man who just fled from him, dashing across the slippery roof...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

And tumbling to the tiles.

Cedric, now lying prone on the rooftop, casts Sleep on the two enemies to the north.
DC 14

At least it's harder to shoot me like this...

Cedric wasn't near the edge so I'm assuming he doesn't fall off the roof. I'm thinking he's prone somewhere between W85 and W89, sound about right?


Unknown

On the white roofs no acrobatics check is needed (the surfaces are perfectly flat and no loose tiles are present to come off). So if you want you can jump to the other roof (DC 5, which you made) or you can stay on this roof either standing or prone and cast sleep.

But for other roofs, yes, if you miss a acrobatics while near an edge a reflex to catch yourself going over would be needed.

So white roofs, no acrobatics needed to move at full speed.
Gray roofs, DC 10 acrobatics if moving faster than half speed.
Brown roofs, DC 15 acrobatics if moving faster than half speed.


Seeing Cedric concentrating on the two men to the north, Warren dashes the other direction.

Making a charge action if I can. If not then just move and attack. (Swift action to increase my speed to thirty.)
Acrobatics to jump (+4 because of 40' base speed): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Attack (Includes +2 for charge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Irina loads her crossbow and fires at the thief on the brown roof.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

I think the forum ate one of my posts :o My mistake on the roofs, I had thought that was grey for some reason. Cedric actually cast his spell and then ran and jumped onto the roof to the north. The earlier acrobatics check was good enough to make it across the gap, so he's standing at R88, having already cast his spell.


Unknown

+4 to hit for Irina for firing from a prone position with a crossbow.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Both thieves succumb to Cedric's spell and fall asleep.

Warren leaps across the gap to the south and slices the prone man, who falls unconscious from the slashing cut across his chest.

Irina's bolt strikes the woman on the west building in the thigh.

With a bit of roughing up from Alma the captured man stammers out, "We are hungry, just looking for something to buy food with."

Markov and Malaswyn are up


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Keep hold of him Alma, I'll call down if we need you.

I attempt to climb the rope.

climb 1d20 ⇒ 14


Unknown
TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:

+4 to hit for Irina for firing from a prone position with a crossbow.

I love misremembering rules. Scratch the +4 to hit, but you still hit with the 18.


TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:
TowerOfTheHeavens wrote:

+4 to hit for Irina for firing from a prone position with a crossbow.

I love misremembering rules. Scratch the +4 to hit, but you still hit with the 18.

She gets a +4 bonus to her AC against ranged attacks for being prone. That's probably what you were thinking about.


Unknown

Markov GMPC'd

Markov loads his crossbow and takes a shot at the distant figure.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The shot is low and hits the building roof.

The woman fires back at Markov.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

She then turns and runs across the roof trying to put some distance between her and the group.

Acrobatics (DC 15): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Lih fires her hand crossbow at the fleeing figure
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 = 14
but misses the target.

Shouting down to Logan, "Does that one have the pendant?

Logan opens the tied mans pouches emptying their contents. "No." Then speaking to Alma, "I can keep an eye on this one if needed."

Lih mutters under her breath, "Of course not."

Eying the 10' gap to the next roof she opts to move south and jump across there.

Acrobatics (DC 5): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Party may act

Updated map


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Cedric, intending to chase down the fleeing thief (who had taken a bolt wound to the leg if I'm not mistaken), runs past the sleeping figures and leaps to the brown roof over the ~14 foot gap.

Long Jump Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

He sticks the jump, and continues chasing the woman.

Acrobatics for Brown Roof: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Moving nimbly, Cedric races across the brown roof towards his quarry.

He's now standing at U77, having used 60 ft. of movement (including the jump). If he's able to run he would be doing that, and would have caught up to the thief.


Warren eyes the next jump ahead of him, backs up slightly, and then jumps forward. (Expending another use of my Relentless footing)

Jump: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Running: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

As he lands on the other side Warren slips and flails his arms in an attempt to maintain his balance. My jump puts me at AD81, hopefully that's far enough from the edge to avoid falling off.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Human Paladin/2 HP 28/33

Alma nods to Logan, "Please watch the other horse, I will be back"

He jumps on his horse and races at full speed 40 feet per turn?

Moving to AD87 unless I can move farther.

Fast mount 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Irina reloads and fires at the fleeing woman. 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 2 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Her bolt skitters across the roof tiles as well.


Unknown
Cedric Valentine wrote:
If he's able to run he would be doing that, and would have caught up to the thief.[/ooc]

Yea, I will allow running at an additional +4 to the DC - so at DC 19 you are still good. The roofs only have a slight slope, but are slick with the rain, and the surfaces are uneven. Old nails stick up here and there, and some of the tiles are loose making footing a bit treacherous.

Warren leaps across to the next building and several shingles tear away from under his feet, sending him to the rooftop on his back.

Malaswyn and Markov are up

Update map


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

GM:

I'm confused by the map. Red borders? Blue borders? Who is what/where?


Male Human Arcane Duelist 1

Red is asleep, blue is prone, as far as I can tell. No idea about the red/white checkerboard on Warren...


Unknown

Blue is prone. Red is sleeping. X is out of the fight (tied up or unconscious).

And the border around Warren is I forgot to deselect his unit when I exported, it doesn't actually mean anything.

Going to hold till as late as this evening to give Malaswyn a chance to act with the clarifications made.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I fire my bow at Cedric's foe
attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Unknown

-2 for being past the 100' range of the bow, but still hits.

Markov GMPC'd

Markov takes another shot
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4
with the bolt going wide.

Spinning to face Cedric the woman drops her crossbow and draws a finely crafted longsword and slashes at her pursuer.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
You get a brief glimpse of the woman before her blade leaves a deep cut. The force behind the attack is surprisingly strong given her slim build. The woman is in her early twenties and has a pretty face. Up close you can see that she is half-elven.

Cedric is at 0 hp and is disabled, you may take either a move or a standard action but not both. Any strenuous action will deal 1 point of damage.

Without waiting to see the effect of her attack she is already turning to continue her flight west. She takes a 5' step away from Cedric.

Lih moves to the unconscious thief on the south building to empty his pouches. A grunt of frustration indicating she does not find what she is looking for. "Logan, the things I do for you..."

Logan leading Irina's horse and the captive heads around the north side of the building.

Map to be updated tonight - seems I forgot to turn on grid coords for the previous map as well.
The party may act.


Doing his best to recover from his slide, Warren stands up and starts running again.

Running: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

... And falls right back down.

Since I didn't actually move anywhere, can a take my second action to stand up again?

551 to 600 of 1,760 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tower of the Heavens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.