Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,966 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 4 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Raith steps over Pavel's enlarged leg attempting to draw the Ogre's attention with a swift blade. One of his blow strikes the ogre’s arm, biting deeply.

Garand steps back a pace, then two paces to the north, and forward a pace again, drawing a scroll as he does, and activating it's magic upon the fallen Pavel. (+17 hp to Pavel)

At the same time, he orders bear-spirit to attack, aware that the bear may not make it past the ogres long reach.

Secret Rolls:

worst of 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 or 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22; 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + 10 = 21

Bear-spirit slips under the ogre’s club as it slips from its hands again, and tries to bite it, but the ogre removes its leg at the last second.

Pavel grunts, cracking his neck back where it belongs and hocking a large bloody tooth at the ogre before grabbing his shield and standing again. The ogre turns its head and growls at him...

"Ah, yes, perhaps a bit later then." Sorin moves behind Pavel, placing him within the warded area. "The ogre's club is still enspelled, he may drop it again...I hope."
He removes a spell from its scroll-case and begins casting.

Izumi sees Pavel fall in one massive swing, and he starts to worry. This ogre... this was going to be a difficult fight. He needed to focus. Divert the ogres attention away from Izumi's injured comrade. "Ogre! Taste Chosokate steel!"[/ooc] And Izumi takes a measured swing, simply trying to get the ogre's attention, ready for the counterblow. The swing is wide though.

[b]Round 4 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Slugwort curses as his club falls from his hands again: ”STUPID PIECE OF WOOD!!!! WHO PUT BUTTAH ON MAH CLAB!!!!!”
He bends to try to grab it...

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

...but the club slips again as he swings it: ”AAAAAAARGH”
(Pavel, Raith, Bear-Spirit and Izumi get an AoO.)

Kikonu now frowns: ”They’re not playing fair with you friend. We’ll have to make them suffer long time for it!! Just use your dagger then!”

IThe oni then turns back towards Sorin: ”No, let’s talk now!” He utters a quick word of power and vanishes only to reappear, blurred and katana in hand, behind the wizard! (Sorin, if you keep casting, you’ll draw an AoO from him.)

Status
Slugwort’s club is greased DC 15, round 4
Kikonu is blurred round 3
Pavel Enlarged round 2
Protective Ward round 2

Updated Map
You’re all up.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Raith! Sorin's in trouble!" Izumi calls out as Kikonu materializes next to the mage. The ogre had left himself open when he bent to pick up the club though, and Izumi was going to take advantage of that, his sword slicing towards the distracted beast.

AoO (still /w Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 19 (1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 3 = 11)

Izumi knew that someone had to keep the ogre distracted. His position didn't lend well to helping Sorin, at least not right now. They were in a bad spot. Izumi kept his guard up but still swung at the ogre viciously, hoping for a quick end. The blow goes wild though, with Izumi hitting only the ground.

Mwk Katana (/w Power Attack & Combat Expertise) 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 - 1 + 2 = 9 (1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 9)


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Aoo:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5)

Raith presses the attack with a two quick strikes to follow up the earlier opening, then steps back into his previous square.

Flurry:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8)
Flurry:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8)

5 foot step l/4 to give Pavel room.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

From PRD: "Casting time:Most spells have a casting time of 1 standard action. Others take 1 round or more, while a few require only a swift action.

A spell that takes 1 round to cast is a full-round action. It comes into effect just before the beginning of your turn in the round after you began casting the spell. You then act normally after the spell is completed."

Sorin turns, his eyes widening at Kikonu's sudden appearance. Simultaneously the scroll disintegrates in his hands, a thread of light arcs like a jet of water from between his hands to a point directly before the ogre. There is a clap of thunder as the air is suddenly displaced by the appearance of a shimmering white hound, which immediately turns and dashes back towards Sorin, leaping to attack Kikonu.

Appear in 5/n, move to k/1 to attack...possibly lots of AoO...but its a summoned monster

Celestial Hound, flank, smite evil +2 dmg (2hit dice)
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
dmg 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Free Trip attempt if hit vs. CMD 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"I thought you wished to challenge wit vs. wit. This seems a bit prosaic Kikonu, mundane if you will, like a common thug. Or perhaps you know that failure is at hand?" Sorin challenges, drawing his dagger and lunging forward, slashing at Kikonu.

Dagger, flank? 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 = 18
Dagger slash 1d4 ⇒ 2


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

I didn't have the hound appear behind Kikonu, because I don't think that changing the target of a scroll or spell in mid cast is fair.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

I believe it says somewhere in the rules that you choose the target of spells when the casting is finished. I could be mistaken, As I don't have the rules atm.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10
"HEY! DUH'DIDJER NECK THROW UP OR IS THAT YER FACE?!", Pavel bellows as he swings both his shield and large sword at Slugwort.

Longsword and Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit snaps at the ogre's hand as it reaches for it's club.

AoO bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
AoO bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

He then continues to attack the ogre, growing in frustration.

bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Garand turns to regard Sorin's plight, but lacks any meaningful ability to help the wizard at this moment, and instead activates the wand of healing again, delivering another burst of life-renewing energy to Pavel.

healing for Pavel 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 5 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
"Raith! Sorin's in trouble!" Izumi calls out as Kikonu materializes next to the mage. The ogre had left himself open when he bent to pick up the club though, and Izumi was going to take advantage of that, his sword slicing towards the distracted beast.

The blade cuts a deep gash in the ogre’s leg.

Izumi knew that someone had to keep the ogre distracted. His position didn't lend well to helping Sorin, at least not right now. They were in a bad spot. Izumi kept his guard up but still swung at the ogre viciously, hoping for a quick end. The blow goes wild though, with Izumi hitting only the ground.

Raith’s opportunistic strike misses as the ogre moves his neck out of the way. The martial artist then presses the attack with two quick strikes to follow up the earlier opening, then steps back into his previous square.

His first blow connects and he hears some ribs crack under the strength of his puncture.

Sorin turns, his eyes widening at Kikonu's sudden appearance. Simultaneously the scroll disintegrates in his hands, a thread of light arcs like a jet of water from between his hands to a point directly before the ogre. There is a clap of thunder as the air is suddenly displaced by the appearance of a shimmering white hound, which immediately turns and dashes back towards Sorin, leaping to attack Kikonu. (I agree with what you said regarding casting)

As the hound moves around, the ogre, without a weapon in hand, can only watch and curse, but Kikonu cuts in its direction, aiming for the muzzle.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The attempt is weak, and the dog jumps over the blade, as though playing with Kikonu.

"I thought you wished to challenge wit vs. wit. This seems a bit prosaic Kikonu, mundane if you will, like a common thug. Or perhaps you know that failure is at hand?" Sorin challenges, drawing his dagger and lunging forward, slashing at Kikonu.

His attack takes the oni by surprise and the dagger sinks feebly in its arm. Kikonu’s eyes widen in anger.

Bear-spirit snaps at the ogre's hand as it reaches for it's club. He then continues to attack the ogre, growing in frustration, but nothing gets through to the ogre.

Garand turns to regard Sorin's plight, but lacks any meaningful ability to help the wizard at this moment, and instead activates the wand of healing again, delivering another burst of life-renewing energy to Pavel. (+5 hp to Pavel)

"HEY! DUH'DIDJER NECK THROW UP OR IS THAT YER FACE?!", Pavel bellows as he swings both his shield and large sword at Slugwort. His repeated onslaughts bring down the ogre and it crashes clumsily but loudly, dust lifting in the room, moved by the shockwave.

Round 5 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Kikonu, now flanked, laughs mockingly: ”Ahahah! You got me arcanist! Between a dagger and a dog! What miserable fate for such a gifted author of theater and philosophy!” As he speaks, Sorin notices how its wound is healing and closing...

His face becomes serious: ”Now, what I want to know is what Minkai scums like him is doing here?” He points to Izumi. ”My bosses will be very interested. I might have to lead an army south. What an epic tale I could write!!! But let’s focus on the task at hand first!” He raises his sword and cuts at Sorin in a wide diagonal, aiming at severing the torso from the legs.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The gods are with Sorin, as Kikonu slips and his blade goes down to early. He then takes a step back towards the hallway behind.

the wizard! (Sorin, if you keep casting, you’ll draw an AoO from him.)

Status
Kikonu is blurred round 4, Don’t forget to roll miss chance (d100, miss on 20 or below) if you attack Kikonu.
Pavel Enlarged round 3
Protective Ward round 3

Updated Map
You’re all up.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Will it be possible for me to squeeze around the pillars to occupy the squares L&M 1&2?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Yes.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I think the coward is going to run again! We need to surround him quickly!"

As the summoned dog disintegrates in a shower of sparks, Sorin squints at Kikonu's fuzzy outline, then darts forward to stab at him.

Miss chance, then dagger
1d100 ⇒ 22; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Dmg 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sorin scores another furrow along Kikonu's arm, then dances back as he guards against Kikonu's long blade.

"Your spells do not appear to be helping you Kikonu...perhaps you should surrender while you still draw breath."


Twisting the strands of Fate

Why did the dog disappear? Kikonu missed it.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel will squeeze into the squares I mentioned, drawing Whispering Shrike as he goes.

The enlarged ranger swings with the magical wakizashi, taking advantage of his extended reach.
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Whispering Shrike vs. Kikonu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
CRIT: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"MUH'MINKAI FILTH? THAT AIN'T NO WAY TO TUH'TALK TO A PERSON! YOU OUGHTTA BE ASHUH'SHAMED WITH A MOUTH LIKE THAT!"


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

I believe Izumi has a charge chance straight from where he is to K2... he's gonna take it.

With the clank clank of steel and a loud clatter as Izumi's shield falls to the ground, the cavalier comes barreling through the room, sword held high in two hands. "AMEIKO!" he cries as his blade makes the air sing for a brief moment in the swing. The blow would've been perfect... beautiful even, if only his target had been where Izumi thought he was.

Mwk Longsword /w Power Attack (Charge Bonus as well): 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 + 3 = 26 Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 3


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

It was a level 1 scroll at caster level 1 to keep the cost down...so only one round of doggie...which sucks, I am not going to do that next time. It will be more spendy, but much more worthwhile to make the higher caster level summon scrolls.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith moves to k/1. Drop blade. Grapple:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Blur:1d100 ⇒ 83

Raith moves swiftly behind Izumi as he charges by, slipping into the square occupied by the disappearing dog, and grabs for Kikonu's sword arm.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand? I heard it's Gencon, so many players are understandably quite busy.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand focuses on the much-abused wand of healing, drawing forth yet more magic, to treat Pavel's wounds.

healing for Pavel 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

At his silent urging, bear-spirit advances to attack the foe the others have clustered around, which opens him up to a counter-attack.

bear-spirit moves to J1, which provokes an AoO. His AC is 19, plus any bonus from Sorin's Ward, if it is still up.

bite attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 6 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
"I think the coward is going to run again! We need to surround him quickly!"
As the summoned dog disintegrates in a shower of sparks, Sorin squints at Kikonu's fuzzy outline, then darts forward to stab at him. Sorin scores another furrow along Kikonu's arm, then dances back as he guards against Kikonu's long blade.
"Your spells do not appear to be helping you Kikonu...perhaps you should surrender while you still draw breath." Sorin, he had cover, so either your attack missed, or you moved forward to stab him. I chose for now to move you forward. You can change your mind :)

The enlarged ranger swings with the magical wakizashi, taking advantage of his extended reach. The ancestral blade sinks deep in the oni’s shoulder, and it looses it’s laughing smile for a moment. "MUH'MINKAI FILTH? THAT AIN'T NO WAY TO TUH'TALK TO A PERSON! YOU OUGHTTA BE ASHUH'SHAMED WITH A MOUTH LIKE THAT!"

With the clank clank of steel and a loud clatter as Izumi's shield falls to the ground, the cavalier comes barreling through the room, sword held high in two hands. "AMEIKO!" he cries as his blade makes the air sing for a brief moment in the swing. The blow would've been perfect... beautiful even, if only his target had been where Izumi thought he was. Izumi, I had to put Sorin in K2, so you’re beside. It has cover from you though...

Raith moves swiftly behind Izumi as he charges by, slipping into the square occupied by the disappearing dog, and grabs for Kikonu's sword arm. Kikonu slips his arm with difficulty, but remaining free of Raith’s grasp.

Garand focuses on the much-abused wand of healing, drawing forth yet more magic, to treat Pavel's wounds. (+6 hp to Pavel)

At his silent urging, bear-spirit advances to attack the foe the others have clustered around, which opens him up to a counter-attack.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The blade stabs, but bear-spirit is quick enough to dodge it, but its bite misses the mark as well.

Round 6 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Deprived of its usual bravado, the oni looks hard pressed by your assault. He steps back out of the room, and points its finger at Raith: ”Before I leave...” Gouts of flame shout from the finger and fly at the monk.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19; 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 6) = 18

The flames engulf the monk once more, melting clothes and gear into his flesh (-18 hp to Raith) Kikonu then steps back.

Status
Kikonu is blurred round 5, Don’t forget to roll miss chance (d100, miss on 20 or below) if you attack Kikonu.
Pavel Enlarged round 4
Protective Ward round 4

Updated Map
You’re all up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit attacks in a frenzy, attempting to draw blood from this foe.

bear spirit full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Garand steps to the north, and calls upon the spirits favor to guide Izumi's blow.

guidance on Izumi, +1 to a single attack roll, skill check or saving throw in the next minute.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Did he makes his casting defensively check or do we get an AoO on him when he casts the scorching ray?

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
Raith Shadar wrote:
Did he makes his casting defensively check or do we get an AoO on him when he casts the scorching ray?

It looks like he stepped back before casting, so bear-spirit might be the only one to get an AoO. (If bear-spirit had Combat Reflexes, he might even get two AoO's, since casting provokes and using a ranged attack provoke yet again!)

AoO bite, if applicable 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
AoO bite damage, if applicable 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I see what happened now. He wrote he steps out of the room first and then he steps back at the end. Confused me. Thought he moved at the end.


Twisting the strands of Fate

I's my lapse. I had created the post over the weekend, and was waiting for Garand's action to update. I had forgotten about the step back before the casting when I added the superfluous one. Bear spirit should get an AoO, but with the blur. (Garand, would you mind rolling 3d100 for the previous attacks? Thanks.)

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

1d100 ⇒ 100
1d100 ⇒ 61
1d100 ⇒ 64


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith grinds his teeth as the fire blisters and scalds his skin. His eyes bulge, the tears stream from his eyes onto his reddened skin. He tries to keep the scream from his lips as the intense pain dances across his nerves. His eyes refocus tightly on Kikonu watching his movements, eyes on the deadly rays that the evil thing projects.

Crane Style: Total defense: +5 dodge bonus to AC. (Touch AC: 21)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

I can't reach him unless Raith and Sorin move.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Raith and Sorin feel a strong pressure in their back. Someone wants to get to Kikonu.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi follows up his miss with a quick step and another to begin to surround the oni. Having already let his shield drop, Izumi abandons all pretense of defense, seeing the need to end this threat quickly. He is finally able to deliver a solid blow.

Moving to H1, which provokes an AoO.
Mwk Katana /w Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23 (1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14)
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 38


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Not so. Push on through big guy. Raith and I will get out of the way. Raith, even if you do total defense, you can 5' step. Sorin doesn't have anything useful to do at the moment anyways, he is out of shlitz and dagger fighting isn't his thing. I think the only movement issue for you is squeezing past pillars. You should be able to move through allied squares for free.

If that doesn't work, Sorin 5' steps out of the way.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

If you don't mind the out of sequence action, Raith gives way to Pavel using his move action. He is almost in shock from the pain.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Pavel, you are free for take off, I mean take out!


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel steps forward, swinging his giant arms and giant knife at Kikonu.
Whispering Shrike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 55


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 7 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Bear-spirit attacks in a frenzy, attempting to draw blood from this foe. Twice it gets through Kikonu’s parrying.

Garand steps to the north, and calls upon the spirits favor to guide Izumi's blow.

Raith grinds his teeth as the fire blisters and scalds his skin. His eyes bulge, the tears stream from his eyes onto his reddened skin. He tries to keep the scream from his lips as the intense pain dances across his nerves. His eyes refocus tightly on Kikonu watching his movements, eyes on the deadly rays that the evil thing projects.

Izumi follows up his miss with a quick step and another to begin to surround the oni. Having already let his shield drop, Izumi abandons all pretense of defense, seeing the need to end this threat quickly.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

As Izumi passes in front of Kikonu, it stabs at him with his sword: ”Tsuki!” The tip bites in Izumi’s flesh, drawing blood. (-10 hp to Izumi)

Izumi is finally able to deliver a solid blow now. His ancestral blade slice through the oni’s torso, carving a depp gash, rapidly filled with foul blood. Kikonu blanches, but keeps the kissaki of his sword raised.

Pavel steps forward, swinging his giant arms and giant knife at Kikonu, but misses by a hair.

Round 7 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Bleeding heavily, but still fighting with rage, Kikonu first slices at Izumi, hoping to bring him down: ”Nīsusutairu no kodomo. Watashi wa ken no tatakai no sono gakkō o ninshiki s%#&e imasu. Anata wa uragirimono no kashinda!”

Minkai:
”Nice style kid. I recognize that school of sword fighting. You're a retainer of the traitor!”

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Once more, Kikonu deftly pushes his way inside Izumi’s defense, slashing at his forearm. (-5 hp to Izumi) Kikonu then steps back again.

Status
Kikonu is blurred round 6, Don’t forget to roll miss chance (d100, miss on 20 or below) if you attack Kikonu.
Pavel Enlarged round 5
Protective Ward round 5

Updated Map
You’re all up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand moves through his companions, all elbows and apologies, to stand behind Izumi H zero, and activates the wand one more time.

healing for Izumi 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Bear-spirit steps to the north and east, obeying Garand's instructions to attack their foe, while guarding Izumi.

bear-spirit moves to H2
bear spirit full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 96
miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 64
miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 93

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith leans against the column trying to regain his composure. His breathing is shallow, sweat drips down his face, and he is shivering.

Hold position.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel threads his bulk as nimbly as he can around Izumi and bear-spirit to block off Kikonu's further retreat and attacks again with Whispering Shrike.
Moving to E/F 1/2 and drawing an attack of opportunity.
AoO:1d20 ⇒ 6

And assuming he still stands, Pavel swings at Kikonu again!
Whispering Shrike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 27


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin and Izumi.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Seeing Pavel drive forward, Sorin steps around the corner and lunges at Kikonu, hoping to keep him distracted long enough for Pavel to deliver a fatal blow.

Move to j/2
Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 95
Stab 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
damage? 1d4 ⇒ 2

"Block him from the door!" Sorin says, finally seeing Kikonu in the corner of the room, waving his blade before him.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Thank you Garand." Izumi breaths for a moment. There was no way for Izumi to fit in without distrupting his allies, so he focused his energy on deflecting any blows that might come against the Bear-Spirit.

Aid AnotherL +2 AC on the Bear Spirit.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 8 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Garand moves through his companions, all elbows and apologies, to stand behind Izumi, and activates the wand one more time.
(+11 hp to Izumi)

Bear-spirit steps to the north and east, obeying Garand's instructions to attack their foe, while guarding Izumi. The bear can’t find an opening in Kikonu’s defense.

Raith leans against the column trying to regain his composure. His breathing is shallow, sweat drips down his face, and he is shivering.

Pavel threads his bulk as nimbly as he can around Izumi and bear-spirit to block off Kikonu's further retreat and attacks again with Whispering Shrike. Kikonu misses him as he passes. Pavel swings at Kikonu but misses.

Seeing Pavel drive forward, Sorin steps around the corner and lunges at Kikonu, hoping to keep him distracted long enough for Pavel to deliver a fatal blow.
"Block him from the door!" Sorin says, finally seeing Kikonu in the corner of the room, waving his blade before him. (You and Kikonu have cover from each other.)

"Thank you Garand." Izumi breaths for a moment. There was no way for Izumi to fit in without distrupting his allies, so he focused his energy on deflecting any blows that might come against the Bear-Spirit.

Round 8 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Kikonu’s wounds bleed deeply, but they seem to heal slowly. He crouches back, placing himself in front of the closed door and slices at Pavel.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Kikonu’s blade is not so precise, but Pavel makes quite a big target, and the blade sinks deep in the ranger’s leg. (-9 hp to Pavel)

Status
Kikonu is blurred round 7, Don’t forget to roll miss chance (d100, miss on 20 or below) if you attack Kikonu.
Pavel Enlarged round 6
Protective Ward round 6 (Sorin, I think it expired, no?)

Updated Map
You’re all up.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Down to 1 hit point.

Gritting his teeth, Pavel swings a heavy downward blow at Kikonu, trying to shear through his defenses with brute force.
Whispering Shrike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Confirm confirm confirm...
Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Looks like a confirmation to me.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand calls forth more healing energy from the wand, seeing the tree it once represented grow ever more withered, as it's life-energies are drawn forth, it's potential cut short.

healing for Pavel 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Moving forward to put his back to a wall, bear-spirit continues his attack on the man before him.

bear spirit makes a 5 ft. step to h3 and full attacks
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 14
miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 42
miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 25

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Twisting the strands of Fate
Sorin Saldward wrote:
Looks like a confirmation to me.

Indeed!


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

So that's 16 damage? Or are we rolling for crits? Here's a roll just in case: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Dang.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith stumbles down the hall to the square behind Izumi. He watches Kikonu closely ready to dodge.

Total defense. Move to square behind Izumi.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

What row is Sorin in? From the previous round, I think that he is in the j/2 square from my last post, which should have him one square north west of where he is now. I hope I haven't been posting the wrong info.

The ward is done, you are right. I should have stopped it at round 3 though.

Sorin quickly establishes a second protective ward, the runes glowing in a circle around him. He moves forward around the corner to try and get as many of his allies within the boundaries of the circle as he can.

move to j/2, right next to the bear.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Rolling for crits.

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,966 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.