Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,966 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I have no disagreement, Raith. It has a simple enchantment on it for sharpness, nothing more. I really wish we found some of Kikonu's scrolls. That is the second time that we have seen him Dimension Door away. Of course, he did it yesterday the last time. As for the door, I don't have anything magical to open this with...I just parsed out a spell for opening locks on the way north, but I haven't had time to sit down and scribe scrolls."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Also- wooden doors or stone doors?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Wooden doors, but reinforced.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"Perhaps we can force the doors open, by brute strength?" Garand offers, giving the door a tentative push.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Is bull strength still active for the party members who received it?


Twisting the strands of Fate

No, sorry.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Assuming there are no objections, Pavel and Izumi attempt to kick the heavy door in.
Strength to break: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Aid Another from the second person: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Twisting the strands of Fate

A loud gratifying crack brings a smile to Pavel's face. With another kick, the doors fly open, revealing a wide and disgusting ogre filling the entrance. He bears python-thick apish arms and stumpy legs, dragging its dirty knuckles on the stone floor. The stooped giant blinks its dim eyes and an excess of soupy drool spills over its bulbous lips. Its misshapen features resemble a man’s face rendered in watercolor, then distorted by a careless splash. It snarls as it readies a massive club, a sound the offspring of bear and man might make, showing flat black teeth well suited for grinding bones to paste.

Behind the ogre, you can see [b]Kikonu smiling and waiving, a katana in his hand.

Secret Rolls:

Initiatives
R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
I: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

S: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
K: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Initiative Groups:

Group 1: You
Group 2: Them

The blue K is most likely a prisoner, female from the look of her.

Map

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand activates the healing wand, and holds the spell ready to deliver to the first person the ogre strikes.

Using 1 charge from the wand of cure light wounds. 'Holding the charge' until someone needs it. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Puh'Pull back! We'll get 'im in the open wuh'once he advances!", Pavel says in a rare moment of tactical foresight, stepping back next to the door with his sword at the ready.
Five foot step back to L0? Readying an action to attack once the ogre comes within reach.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith falls back behind Pavel into a defensive stance.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Oh. Well this is going to be unpleasant."

Holding firm, Sorin quickly rummages through a scroll case and extracts a scroll. As he completes intoning a quick chant the scroll bursts. White embers puff from Sorin's hands and for the briefest of instances the air fills with the smell of cooking bacon.

Grease, on big boy's club. I get a 30ft range at this level. Reflex save (DC14) or drop the club. If it fails, he needs to make a reflex save each round (DC14) or he keeps dropping it.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Not sure whether I'll be able to bring my laptop, so this might be my last post (I'll try from my phone, but this is limited) for a week and a half. We'll see if Izumi comes back in the meantime.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 1 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Garand activates the healing wand, and holds the spell ready to deliver to the first person the ogre strikes.

"Puh'Pull back! We'll get 'im in the open wuh'once he advances!", Pavel says in a rare moment of tactical foresight, stepping back next to the door with his sword at the ready.

Raith falls back behind Pavel into a defensive stance.

Izumi mirrors Pavel’s action.

"Oh. Well this is going to be unpleasant."
Holding firm, Sorin quickly rummages through a scroll case and extracts a scroll. As he completes intoning a quick chant the scroll bursts. White embers puff from Sorin's hands and for the briefest of instances the air fills with the smell of cooking bacon.

Secret Rolls:

Grease (DC 14): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Slugwort’s Club slips to the ground: ”Oooooh Noooo! Bird-Face, look wha’happen’d”

Round 1 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Kikonu reassures Slugwort: ”Don’t worry my friend! Just throw them spikes!”

Slugwort seems to think it’s a great idea and targets Raith with a javelin.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5; 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Meanwhile, Kikonu moves behind Slugwort and targets Raith with a ray of fire: ”You left without saying goodbye... Oh! And you tried to grab my-!”.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 2) = 12

The javelin is easily dodged, but the ray hits squarely, engulfing Raith is searing flames. (-12 hp to Raith)

Status
Grease on Slugwort round 1

Updated Map
You’re all up.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

When I said behind Pavel, I meant behind him at square l6. I assumed he fell back around the corner and I went behind him to draw out the ogre, not stay in his path. I should have been more specific, so I'll take the damage this time. My bad.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin begins casting, taking a shuffling step to the side to get out of the line of sight of Kikonu.

Enlarge person, begins. Move to L/3

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand steps to touch Raith, delivering the weak charge of healing the wand provides.

4 hp back for Raith. My trait bonus reads "If Koya saved you, she did so by casting a healing spell on you just before you died, and as a result you gain a +2 trait bonus whenever you use cure spells to
heal damage."
That doesn't apply to the wand, does it? I would think it would apply to a scroll (since I would be casting the spell, in that case), but not a wand (since I'm using a spell-trigger item), but it's not really spelled out, and it doesn't specify that I have to cast the spell, just 'use cure spells'... If the trait bonus applies, Raith will get 6 hit points back, instead of 4.


Twisting the strands of Fate

I probably misread Pavel as well... Garand, it works for wands as well.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Awesome, thanks! Six hit points of healing for Raith, then!


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel holds his position by the doorframe, just motioning that everyone clear the line of sight from the door.
"Guh'get to cover if you can!"
Still holding my action, hoping that if we all get to the edges of the room we can draw them out to where our numbers count.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Back from my trip. Raith (sorry about the confusion btw), Izumi and Garand (who still has a standard action), with bear-spirit, are up for this round.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand instructs bear-spirit to wait, through their spiritual link, understanding that the others wish the ogre to advance forward and meet them on their own terms.

He activates the healing wand again, sure that *somebody* is going to need healing within a few moments...

Once the ogre is in position and Izumi and Pavel seem comfortable engaging, he'll direct bear-spirit to move foward and also attack, which is a free action.

Bear-spirit's attacks, for when it matters.

Spoiler:

bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Twisting the strands of Fate

Raith is up. I'll DMPC Izumi, unless one of you volunteers.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith moves to L4 and takes cover behind the pillar. He moves out of sight in an attempt to draw the ogre out.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 2 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
All of you either move away from the line of sight, or wait for Slugwort to attack.

Round 2 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Slugwort tries to pick up its club.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The club keeps slipping... It tries another time... And gets it!!! ”Yai!”

Kikonu intones a quick incantation and his form shifts, becoming blurry and hard to pinpoint: ”It’s okay dear, take your time.”

Status
Grease (DC 14) on Slugwort round 2
Kikonu is blurred round 1

Updated Map
You’re all up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Drawing his bow would discharge the healing magic trembling in the twisted fingertips of his scarred hand, so Garand instead steps to the south and east, and chucks his club at the ogre (which he can do one-handed).

move to M4
thrown club, -2 for range increment 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
bludgeoning damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

"Come forth ugly one, do you fear us?" he taunts feebly, unable to think of anything more insulting.

Combined with tossing his club to the ground, he's probably the least intimidating thing, ever.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Just to be sure, it seems to me a good many of you could use some healing, no? I see Garand at 15/22, Izumi at 15/30, etc. Garand can spend the charge as a free action since the standard action was used last round.
Just saying :)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

I'm at 13, so I could use some healing.

From around the door, Pavel starts doing something he's very good at- talking s@*@.
"Whuh'what'sa matter Precious? Too busy puh'pickin' the lice offa yer fruits?! Or ye juh'just love that door so much yeh gotta sit there like the fuh'fat, bloat-faced, arse-lickin', fuh'fart stinkin', rat chewin' coward that ye are?! Duh'Desna as my witness, if I had a dog as ugly as you I'd shuh'shave it's arse and teach it to walk backwards!"

There's no taunt mechanic in Pathfinder but here's an intimidate role for Pavel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 I can't demoralize him because he has to see me, but I'm hoping to get his hackles up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Healing Pavel first

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Garand seems perplexed by Pavel's taunts, wondering what 'fruits' has to do with anything, and then his eyebrows shoot up as he realizes what Pavel means...


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin completes his encantation, causing the scroll in his hands to disintegrate and a seed made of light to land in the palm of his hand. Holding his palm level, and taking careful aim, he flicks the small bit of magic at Pavel, catching him behind the right ear.

In an instant, Pavel swells, matching the size of the ogre.

"And now we are on an equal footing."

About to head to work. If I have time, I will post the rest of an action. If not, press on, I am almost out of shlitz anyways.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi smiled. Pavel's taunting would have even him out and fighting, honor or no. Izumi held the katana in striking position, waiting for the ogre to present a target.

Readied action to attack the ogre as soon as he move into a threatened space. Ideally Izumi will wait until the ogre doesn't have a cover bonus from the corner, but if the ogre is smart enough to use the walls to it's advantage, Izumi will take the attack anyway.

Mwk Katana /w Power Attack & Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 8 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13)
AC21


Twisting the strands of Fate

Raith and Sorin.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith maintains the same position behind cover and stays Total Defense.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Well, I can do this...not that I expect it to do much good against that beast."

Sorin kneels, his finger sketching a silver-white fire on the bare ground as he chants under his breath. In an instant, the densly packed writing coaleses into a silvery pool, from which a silvery tendril rises, and wraps around Sorin's arm. Sorin raises his arm over his head before bringing his palm down to slap the pool spewing the radiance outwards. As Sorin stands, the droplets coalesce into a circle with arcane writing around the periphery that moves with Sorin in the center.

Protective Ward 10'


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 3 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Drawing his bow would discharge the healing magic trembling in the twisted fingertips of his scarred hand, so Garand instead steps to the south and east, healing Pavel on the way, and chucks his club at the ogre (which he can do one-handed). +10 hp to Pavel)

"Come forth ugly one, do you fear us?" he taunts feebly, unable to think of anything more insulting.

Combined with tossing his club to the ground, he's probably the least intimidating thing, ever.

From around the door, Pavel starts doing something he's very good at- talking s++@. 
"Whuh'what'sa matter Precious? Too busy puh'pickin' the lice offa yer fruits?! Or ye juh'just love that door so much yeh gotta sit there like the fuh'fat, bloat-faced, arse-lickin', fuh'fart stinkin', rat chewin' coward that ye are?! Duh'Desna as my witness, if I had a dog as ugly as you I'd shuh'shave it's arse and teach it to walk backwards!"

A sour rumble comes from down the hallway; it seems Pavel has made a new friend...

Garand seems perplexed by Pavel's taunts, wondering what 'fruits' has to do with anything, and then his eyebrows shoot up as he realizes what Pavel means...

Sorin completes his encantation, causing the scroll in his hands to disintegrate and a seed made of light to land in the palm of his hand. Holding his palm level, and taking careful aim, he flicks the small bit of magic at Pavel, catching him behind the right ear.
In an instant, Pavel swells, matching the size of the ogre.
"And now we are on an equal footing."

Sorin thinks some more: "Well, I can do this...not that I expect it to do much good against that beast." Sorin kneels, his finger sketching a silver-white fire on the bare ground as he chants under his breath. In an instant, the densly packed writing coaleses into a silvery pool, from which a silvery tendril rises, and wraps around Sorin's arm. Sorin raises his arm over his head before bringing his palm down to slap the pool spewing the radiance outwards. As Sorin stands, the droplets coalesce into a circle with arcane writing around the periphery that moves with Sorin in the center.

Raith maintains the same position behind cover.

Round 3 - Kikonu and his good pal Slugwort
Club finally in hand, Slugwort charges forth, aiming for Pavel’s head: ”I AIN’T CHEW’D NO RAT!!!!!”

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29; 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 7) + 10 = 19
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29; 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 = 17

The club connects squarely with the ranger’s head, sending him flying against the opposite wall, his neck at a weird angle, soft bubbles of blood coming out of his lips. (Terrible crit against Pavel... -36 hp. He’s a breath from death.)

Slugwort turns towards Kikonu: ”Did you see THAT!?”

Kikonu smiles: ”Well done my friend! You can eat that one.” He then steps south and points a finger at Sorin: ”Ah! We need to talk!” He muuters quickly and rays of fire spring forth from his fingers, flying between Slugwort’s legs, to the wizard.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 4 = 11; 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1) = 10

The flames sear the column right beside Sorin, he feels his flesh turn red from the heat...

Status
Kikonu is blurred round 2
Pavel Enlarged round 1
Pavel at -13 hp
Protective Ward round 1

Updated Map
You’re all up.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

This is not good. Pavel is laid out. Even healed to 23 he's dropped to -13. Painful.

Raith steps over Pavel's enlarged leg attempting to draw the Ogre's attention with a swift blade.

Raith steps over to square l/5 standing over Pavel. He quick draws his sword and flurries.

Flurry:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9)
Flurry:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10)
Crit:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9)

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand steps back a pace to M3, then two paces to the north, and forward a pace again ending in K4, drawing a scroll as he does, and activating it's magic upon the fallen Pavel.

scroll of cure moderate wounds CL 3, +2 healing for Survivor trait 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 7) + 5 = 17

At the same time, he orders bear-spirit to attack, aware that the bear may not make it past the ogres long reach.

bear-spirit moves to m5, and, if it survives the AoO, attempts a bite attack. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

If I stand from prone while fighting defensively, does the bonus to AC apply while I'm getting up? Because being enlarged now, my AC is much worse than it used to be.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Good question! First, you drop everything when you go down, so you have to pick up your weapons. Then, as you stand, you can attract an AoO, but you're still prone. Essentially, can you fight defensively when you don't attack? I would say yes if it is a standard action, meaning you can't do something else than attack, or not. All this to say, I don't think you have enough actions, because you need to pick up your weapons, to do all this in one round. I might be missing something and would be more than happy to hear other points of view.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

I've never played it that way, personally, just because it seems like picking up your stuff while you're down there is a quick and simple thing. But it's your game. I'll have to think about this; it's very likely he'll just knock me back into negatives if I stand up now, especially since my AC just dropped.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Standing is a move action. He could draw one of his other weapons while he is standing (draw weapon while part of movement)rather than pick up his sword. But he'll give up his shield to do so. He could fight defensively while attacking. Not the most efficient, but it would get him back in the battle.

It would be ok if he took a round to get back in it retrieving his weapons. Let Izumi and myself take some of the heat. The ogre hits hard. Need to spread the damage.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

There's nowhere for me to go and staying down will just make me even easier to kill. He's going to get a free hit either way, might as well just take my shield and stand.

Pavel grunts, cracking his neck back where it belongs and hocking a large bloody tooth at the ogre before grabbing his shield and standing again.
AC 16.

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Welp, thanks for the healing, Garand.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Ogre's AoO may have been used on the bear. So you may be ok Pavel. Bear closed provoking AoO moving through threatened reach. Ogre hasn't gone yet. Should be its only AoO. So grab up your weapons and get in position with the AoO used up.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Ah, yes, perhaps a bit later then."

Sorin moves behind Pavel, placing him within the warded area. 5' step to k/4

"The ogre's club is still enspelled, he may drop it again...I hope."

He removes a spell from its scroll-case and begins casting.

Summon Monster I


Twisting the strands of Fate

The AoO has gone to the bear. So Pavel can certainly come back with weapons, but that's it for now. He might get Pavel again though he'll be standing instead of prone, but not fighting defensively.

As for the Grease, I read the second half of the description yesterday and it didn't seem to say that you need to save every round once you've successfully saved. Again, I'm listening.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi sees Pavel fall in one massive swing, and he starts to worry. This ogre... this was going to be a difficult fight. He needed to focus. Divert the ogres attention away from Izumi's injured comrade. "Ogre! Taste Chosokate steel!" And Izumi takes a measured swing, simply trying to get the ogre's attention, ready for the counterblow.

Swift Action to issue a challenge. Pavel is now flanking with me I believe.
Mwk Katana /w Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 16 (1d8 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 = 8)


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Grease: If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.

As I read it if he made the first save he doesn't have to save again. If he missed the first save, then he has to save every time he tries to use or pick up the weapon for the duration of the spell. It affects only the club, he can switch weapons to avoid it. That's how I read it and how I play it in my games. But it's your call.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Thanks! I agree.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I noticed he missed his initial save. So you were doing it as I do it having him save every round from here on out. The club is greased and will be for at least a minute or three. Using his club is like trying to hold onto and swing a bat covered in thick grease. That's why it's such a popular 1st level spell. Really screws enemies if they don't make that first save.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Which is why I took Grease. Its a low cost control spell for the big boys. Since he is a big guy, his reflex saves aren't going to be great, so the spell has a decent chance of working every round and causing the club to squirt from his hand.

Sorin is never going to be an offensive, flashy mage, but I plan to continue to use the less flashy spells to control and buff whenever I can. Debuff I don't think he will ever be good at, because I dumped necromancy.

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,966 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.