Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,966 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I think that is the luckiest combat round I've had in ages. Raith actually looks competent and hurt something. Are you having us roll trog stench saves or are these something other than trogs?


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Garand should easily be able to heal without the need to cast defensively.

Izumi focuses on the moment. It seems Ameiko's spirit is there guiding his hand, once again slicing deeply. With allies seemingly on all sides of the enemies, Izumi drops his defense slightly and presses the attack. He is slightly surprised by Raith's daring maneuver, and will follow up if needed. For the moment, he ignores Kikonu.

If Raith's attack kills #1, Izumi will move to flank #4 (which will provoke an AoO). Otherwise he will simply stay in the same spot. Either way, the attack is against #4.
Mwk Katana /w Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10)
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 = 14 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9)


Twisting the strands of Fate
Raith Shadar wrote:
I think that is the luckiest combat round I've had in ages. Raith actually looks competent and hurt something. Are you having us roll trog stench saves or are these something other than trogs?

Ah, it's under Aura... Yes, all should roll Fortitude saves DC 13 or be sickened by the pungent BO!


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Fort Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 There goes that bad luck again.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Fort Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Bad dice!

Sorin shuffles forward as he finishes the spell until he can see the corner of Izumi's armor poking around the corner. He then finishes the last line of text on the scroll, and it dissolves into flakes of light. Tendrils of silver snake across Sorin's hand before rolling into a small, seed-like ball. Taking careful aim, he makes a motion like flicking an apple pip, causing the glittering seed to flip through the air and land on Izumi's shoulder. In an instant the seed sprouts, and as the tendrils expand, so does Izumi, until his head brushes the ceiling and his sword is nearly as large as the bear cub. As soon as the growth ends, the silver vines fall away as glittering motes and vanish.

I want to use a 5' steppish so I can have a target for the spell, wherever that puts me on the map, since I am off the chart right now.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Ooh, I can see the map today! Garand will be in the square behind Pavel, bear-spirit and Izumi, and since he didn't need to cast defensively, Izumi should have 11 more hit points.

Garand's Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
bear-spirit's Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Bear-spirit's sensitive nose reacts to the pungeunt musk given off by the reptilian humanoids, and he sneezes explosively.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Pavel is up.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sickened: The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Pavel takes two queasy swings at the wounded trog.
Longsword/Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 41d8 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 91d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 2 = 171d4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 = 3


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 2 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Raith runs behind Izumi and Bear spirit, slows slightly, one foot on Bear Spirit's hind end, another foot on Izumi's shoulder, he flips over the troglodyte facing Izumi landing behind it, with the speed of a snake he draws his blade and slashes. His blade finds an opening and severely wounds the trog.

Bear-spirit attacks one of the troglodytes that attacked him, seemingly more angered at the pain of his injuries than intimidated. He injures the trog grievously, but can’t bring it down.

Garand completes his conjuring, and two four-winged creatures that look like oversized ticks with drooping empty sack-like bellies to attack as the same troglodyte bear-spirit has attacked. Both monsters manage to attach themselves to the trogs.

Garand himself attempts to deliver healing to Izumi He moves forward and infuses the warrior with healing energy. (+11 hp to Izumi.)

Izumi focuses on the moment. It seems Ameiko's spirit is there guiding his hand, once again slicing deeply. With allies seemingly on all sides of the enemies, Izumi drops his defense slightly and presses the attack. He is slightly surprised by Raith's daring maneuver, and will follow up if needed. For the moment, he ignores Kikonu. Again, the blade strikes true, and he brings down a trog, leaving a sad stirge pumping a dead body.

Sorin shuffles forward as he finishes the spell until he can see the corner of Izumi's armor poking around the corner. He then finishes the last line of text on the scroll, and it dissolves into flakes of light. Tendrils of silver snake across Sorin's hand before rolling into a small, seed-like ball. Taking careful aim, he makes a motion like flicking an apple pip, causing the glittering seed to flip through the air and land on Izumi's shoulder. In an instant the seed sprouts, and as the tendrils expand, so does Izumi, until his head brushes the ceiling and his sword is nearly as large as the bear cub. As soon as the growth ends, the silver vines fall away as glittering motes and vanish.

Izumi is large, and unless he moves, he’s considered squeezing.

Pavel takes two queasy swings at the wounded trog, and cuts it down!

Round 2 - Orbakhag’s Troglodyte Squad
The troglodytes keep attacking the intruders. Orbakhag takes its place in the melee, and with a brave attempt at literacy: ”Die! Human scum!” The one with the stirge desperately tries to get the thing off him, screaming.

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1 vs I: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2; 1d4 ⇒ 2
1 vs I: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9; 1d4 ⇒ 2

O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

5 CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

6 vs P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6; 1d4 ⇒ 3
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1; 1d4 ⇒ 2

The stirge holds on, most trogs miss, except for one, who clubs Pavel in the ribs (-3 hp to Pavel)

Round 3 - Kikonu
Kikonu laughs and starts moving his hands, fingers dangling like rain as he utters strange incantations. A shower of golden sparks fall on your head, and you feel your sight blur... (All except Raith: Will save DC 15 or blinded. You get a save every round.)

Status
Enlarge Person round 1
Summon Monster round 1
Glitterdust round 1

Updated Map
All of you are up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit continues to attempt to savage the troglodyte before him, and the stirge already attached continues to drain blood.

bear spirit full attack, -2 for sickened from Trog musk
bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
claw 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

another -1 Con at the end of the round, if he doesn't get the stirge off

The second stirge, disappointed at the interruption of it's meal, flutters to attack the trog to its west number 1, although the troglodyte musk causes it to whine in protest.

stirge save vs. musk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
melee touch attack, -2 for sickened from trog musk, Tiny creature attacking provokes an AoO from the trog. Stirge AC 16 and hp 7. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Garand asks calmly, as if the wild melee around him were a mild distraction, "Pavel, could you step forward a pace, so that I can move in behind you?" before casting an orison, granting Pavel a similar supernatural sense of calm, as if the world had slowed down for a moment, and he could see all the events occuring according to some great plan that he can not quite apprehend.

guidance, Pavel gets a +1 bonus to a single attack roll, skill check, or saving throw in the next minute.

He waits to see if Pavel steps forward, and, if he does, moves into the space he vacates. 5 ft. step to the square directly east of his current position, otherwise he stays put.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

I'll be flanked by 5 and 6 if I step in further, but I'll do it. Also noticed that I'd forgotten the few rounds of bull's strength I had left- but all that really does is negate the sickened penalty, so maybe I'll just apply no bonus or penalty until DW says Bull's Strength ends.
Will save w/guidance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21

Pavel shuts his eyes a split second before the blinding dust sprays the party. Hoping to shut down a weakened enemy, he swings his sword and shield at the troglodyte under attack from Garand's stirges.

Longsword/Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
"Suh'sorry we can't SWORD this out!", he says as he cuts a deep slash into the lizardman and steps a pace into the room to allow Garand egress. 5 foot step East.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand moves into the space Pavel has obligingly made for him.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Nowhere Izumi can move... yet

While Sorin's spell definitely had it's advantages, Izumi felt too big for this space. It was difficult to get a good swing on his sword. And he was a bigger target. He needed to get some space, and quickly.

Large Mwk Katana (vs Trog 1) /w Power Attack & Squeezing Penalties 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 1 - 4 = 16 (2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12)
If that kills, Izumi will move so he is no longer squeezing.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I'm going to assume Pavel, the bear, and Izumi killed the trogs on them.

Raith grimaces, the putrid smell twisting his stomach. He moves along the wall to his right. He sheathes his blade keeping his eyes on the laughing fiend near the northeast door. He moves as far as the southeast door.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Forgot about sickened, but I also forgot about the flank bonus from Raith. My last attack was the same, but dealt 2 less damage due to sickening.


Twisting the strands of Fate

By the way, I'm expecting a save from Raith, Izumi Garand and bear-spirit. You missed the part where Kikonu cast Glitterdust... Might change some actions :)

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand's will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
bear-spirit's will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Unable to see, and sensing from the yowl of outrage that bear-spirit has fared no better, Garand pulls back into the tunnel, until he feels Sorin behind him. He attempts to call bear-spirit back as well, through their spiritual connection.

The 'Down' and 'Come' commands from Handle Animal don't state whether or not the animal can be ordered to use the withdraw action, to avoid provoking an AoO. If so, he does that. If not, he calls bear-spirit anyway, although it may take two rounds, one to make him stop fighting with Down, and another to return to his side with Come. I swear, it's like no one has ever used these Handle Animal rules before, they are such a mess!

Due to blindness, bear-spirit and Garand's last attack round doesn't happen. Fortunately, Pavel made the save without the +1, and he might want to not have stepped forward and gotten flanked...


Twisting the strands of Fate

Bear-spirit will be able to withdraw if it's a simple path. Pavel can revisit his positioning if he wants to.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

You said I was outside the range of the burst. It said everyone except Raith.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Absolutely! My memory lied to me! It is still everyone except Raith. Sorry about the confusion.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin kneels on the floor, his finger sketching a silver-white fire on the bare ground as he chants under his breath. In seconds, the densly packed writing has coalesed into a silvery pool, from which a silvery tendril rises, and wraps around Sorin's arm. Sorin raises his arm over his head before bringing his palm down to slap the pool spewing the radiance outwards. As Sorin stands, the droplets coalesce into a circle with arcane writing around the periphery that moves with Sorin in the center.

Protective Ward. 10' +1 AC

"I can't see what is going on up there, but I just put down a ward. I will move forward into the doorway so as many of you can get to it as possible."

Sorin moves as far forward as possible, without exposing himself. Hopefully behind Garand or Izumi.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin is in the Glitterdust and needs to save as well.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin, you're blind (save every round) but are still able to do your actions as posted. All I need is an Acrobatics DC 5 not to tumble down the stairs.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6
Sorin wrote:

Sorin waves a hand before his eyes, "Delightful.", he says sourly, then picks his way forward, guiding himself via the wall.

Acrobatics, blinded, yay! 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 1 - 2 = 13


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi's Will save?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 3 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
The stirge already attached continues to drain blood.

The second stirge, disappointed at the interruption of it's meal, flutters to attack the trog to its west, although the troglodyte musk causes it to whine in protest.

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The trog tries to fend it off with its morningstar, but hits itself in the face doing so... It yells in pain and fear as the stirge gets its stinger in.

Pavel shuts his eyes a split second before the blinding dust sprays the party. Hoping to shut down a weakened enemy, he swings his sword and shield at the troglodyte under attack from Garand's stirges. The blade slashes through the trog’s left leg, drawing hot blood.
"Suh'sorry we can't SWORD this out!", he says as he cuts a deep slash into the lizardman and steps a pace into the room to allow Garand egress.

Raith grimaces, the putrid smell twisting his stomach. He moves along the wall to his right. He sheathes his blade keeping his eyes on the laughing fiend near the northeast door. He moves as far as the southeast door.

Izumi’s Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Nice!
While Sorin's spell definitely had it's advantages, Izumi felt too big for this space. It was difficult to get a good swing on his sword. And he was a bigger target. He needed to get some space, and quickly. The sword cuts the injured trog and sends it flying on its ass, in a puddle of blood, leaving space for the warrior.

Unable to see, and sensing from the yowl of outrage that bear-spirit has fared no better, Garand pulls back into the tunnel, until he feels Sorin behind him. He attempts to call bear-spirit back as well, through their spiritual connection.

Sorin kneels on the floor, his finger sketching a silver-white fire on the bare ground as he chants under his breath. In seconds, the densly packed writing has coalesed into a silvery pool, from which a silvery tendril rises, and wraps around Sorin's arm. Sorin raises his arm over his head before bringing his palm down to slap the pool spewing the radiance outwards. As Sorin stands, the droplets coalesce into a circle with arcane writing around the periphery that moves with Sorin in the center.
Protective Ward. 10' +1 AC
"I can't see what is going on up there, but I just put down a ward. I will move forward into the doorway so as many of you can get to it as possible."

The protective ward extends to Pavel just in time for the trogs attacks.

Round 3 - Orbakhag’s Troglodyte Squad
Orbakhag pushes his remaining trogs to fight on: ”Don’t fall back cowards!” The one with the stirge still attached ignores his tactical advantage, focussed on getting the damn thing off!

Secret Rolls:

O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

5 CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

6 vs P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14; 1d4 ⇒ 4
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2; 1d4 ⇒ 4

Confirm:
O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The good news is that the stirge keeps its hold and the trog goes pale and limp, crashing to the floor.

On the other hand, Orbakhag has found his rhythm, and hits the ranger twice, missing an artery by a hair, thanks to Sorin’s ward no doubt. (-12 hp to Pavel)

Round 4 - Kikonu
Kikonu bends over at Pavel’s funny words, but sobers up as his spell seem to have no impact on the warriors. Furthermore, he doesn’t like Raith coming on his right: ”Hey! No jumping the line!” He snaps his fingers, uttering a quick word of power, and his shape starts to blur. He then takes out a sword with a forked tip, better known as a double chicken sword to Raith, dropping into a fighting stance,

Secret Roll:

Range touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The ray of dark energy misses Raith by a hair!

Status
Enlarge Person round 2
Summon Monster round 2
Glitterdust round 2 (Orange circle)
Protective Ward round 1 (Green circle)
Bull Strength still active

Updated Map
All of you are up.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Could yuh'use some healing here, Garand!", Pavel calls before swinging both sword and shield at the troglodyte chieftain.
Longsword/Spiked shield: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Formatted kind of weird- and worst possible damage result. But at least there's a chance for hits.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I am going to cast a protection spell, so whomever is closer, please call out so I can find you."

Sorin produces a small bell from his sleeve. "Thankfully I don't need to see to cast this spell." he mutters.

Holding the stem of the bell with his index finger and thumb, he rings it vigorously. The shimmering peal of the bell fills the room and for an instant, seems to push back against all other noise. Minute runes pop into existence around the bell, forming a web of light.

Perception, big lumbering Izumi 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Reaching out blindly, Sorin gropes out and finds Izumi, steps close, and touches him with the bell, causing the globe of runes to pop like a bubble, then swirl around Izumi to form a glowing ring on the ground beneath his feet.

Protection from Evil: The subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Will Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand's will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
bear-spirit's will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

His eyes cleared, bear-spirit steps forward and attacks the troglodyte menacing Pavel.

bear spirit full attack on trog 6, -2 for sickened from Trog musk
bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
claw 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The pair of stirges move against the other figure, closest to them.

Both attack 'O.' As size Tiny creatures, their attacks will provoke attacks of opportunity.
stirge 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
stirge 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Garand still cannot see, although he hears Pavel calling for healing, and casts a spell, hoping to be able to deliver it when his vision clears.

cure light wounds. holding the touch spell until he can see Pavel to deliver it.

Perception, to try and guesstimate where Pavel is from the sound of fighting. He still won't be able to deliver it until next round anyway, as he can't move between casting and touching. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith rushes Kikonu.

Move to i9 and grapple. Grapple:1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 = 24


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 4 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
I’ll DMPC Izumi.
"Could yuh'use some healing here, Garand!", Pavel calls before swinging both sword and shield at the troglodyte chieftain. Both weapons connects, but inficting only mild damage.

"I am going to cast a protection spell, so whomever is closer, please call out so I can find you."
Sorin produces a small bell from his sleeve. "Thankfully I don't need to see to cast this spell." he mutters.
Holding the stem of the bell with his index finger and thumb, he rings it vigorously. The shimmering peal of the bell fills the room and for an instant, seems to push back against all other noise. Minute runes pop into existence around the bell, forming a web of light.

Reaching out blindly, Sorin gropes out and finds Izumi, steps close, and touches him with the bell, causing the globe of runes to pop like a bubble, then swirl around Izumi to form a glowing ring on the ground beneath his feet.

Sorin feels his sight return.

His eyes cleared, bear-spirit steps forward and attacks the troglodyte menacing Pavel. He strikes but once, his claw slashing through thick rock-like skin.

The pair of stirges move against the other figure, closest to them.

Secret Rolls:

O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Orbakhag smashes one of the stirges as it gets close, but the other one connects. ”Dammit!!!”

Garand still cannot see, although he hears Pavel calling for healing, and casts a spell, hoping to be able to deliver it when his vision clears. Garand finds Pavel through the battle, moving nearer, ready to touch him.

Touch spells can be done Cast-Move-Touch, I’ve read it before, but in this case, as you’re blind, I’ll only allow you to move in position for next round.

Raith rushes Kikonu and grabs it by the waist, capturing an arm as well.

Izumi steps forth and targets the trog leader: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, but Orbakhag sidesteps the blade at the last instant.

Round 4 - Orbakhag’s Troglodyte Squad
Orbakhag Keeps focussing his attacks and his grunt’s on the ranger, ignoring the stirge.

Secret Rolls:

O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

6 vs P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8; 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1; 1d4 ⇒ 2
6 vs P: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0; 1d4 ⇒ 3

But the ranger manages to fend them off, almost with ease.

Round 5 - Kikonu
Kikonu wiggles to try to get out, dropping his weapon, still laughing though: ”We barely know each other!”

Secret Roll:

CMB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

But fails to get out!

Status
Enlarge Person round 3
Summon Monster round 3
Glitterdust round 3 (Orange circle)
Protective Ward round 2 (Green circle)
Bull Strength still active
Protection from Evil on Izumi round 1

Updated Map
All of you are up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit continues his attack on the troglodyte before him.

bear spirit full attack on Trog 6
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Garand attempts to throw off the blinding effects of the hostile spell.

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

His vision clearing, Garand steps a pace to the east, to get fully out of the enspelled area, and delivers his healing spell to Pavel.

Healing for Pavel 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Twisting the strands of Fate

Wow! 6 is gone.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Th'Thanks, Garand! And YOU- EAT SWORD!"
Pavel swings again at the troglodytes' leader.
Longsword/Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith grabs Kikonu's wrist and extends the arm, wraps his other arm over the upper arm, using the wrist as a lever he extends the arm into an arm bar pressing Kikonu towards the ground.

Grapple Arm Bar Pin:1d20 + 7 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 + 5 = 20


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

His eyes cleared of the magical blindness, Sorin readies and loads his crossbow, looking for any other targets.

Gods, Raith is fast...I hope he is able to handle Kikonu...Izumi and Pavel look like they have the rest of the situation in hand.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Not sure if Izumi is around. DMPC until he shows up.

Round 5 - Ameiko’s Foolish Friends
Bear-spirit continues his attack on the troglodyte before him. This time, the trog can’t fend it off and gets shredded by the bear.

Garand attempts to throw off the blinding effects of the hostile spell. His vision clearing, Garand steps a pace to the east, to get fully out of the enspelled area, and delivers his healing spell to Pavel. (+8 hp to Pavel)

The stirge pumps some blood from Orbakhag.

"Th'Thanks, Garand! And YOU- EAT SWORD!" 
Pavel swings again at the troglodytes' leader. Orbakhag blocks the sword, but leaves an opening for a shield butt.

Raith grabs Kikonu's wrist and extends the arm, wraps his other arm over the upper arm, using the wrist as a lever he extends the arm into an arm bar pressing Kikonu towards the ground. The oni resists the maneuvers and manages to keep its footing.

His eyes cleared of the magical blindness, Sorin readies and loads his crossbow, looking for any other targets.
Gods, Raith is fast...I hope he is able to handle Kikonu...Izumi and Pavel look like they have the rest of the situation in hand.

Izumi presses his attacks on Orbakhag: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21; 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. This time, he gets the trog on the leg.

Round 5 - Orbakhag’s Troglodyte Squad
Orbakhag tries to get the ranger down.

Secret Rolls:

O vs P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22; 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
O vs P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Its morningstar swings true and catches the ranger squarely in the chest. (-9 hp to Pavel)

Round 6 - Kikonu
Kikonu stops trying to get out, instead, he focusses and tries a spell: ”Well, I must say: I had a GREAT TIME! But it’s only our second date.”

Secret Roll:

Concentration (DC 21): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

He gives a kiss to Raith "Bye now!" and disappears, leaving the monk empty handed (and his sword behind)!

Soon after, Orbakhag is easily overpowered.

Updated Map
Combat ended.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I'm beginning to hate this guy.

A surprised expression passes over Raith's face quickly replaced with irritation. A dislike of wizardry is taking root within him. Tiresome tricks of an unforeseeable nature. How can I defeat such powers?, he ponders.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel starts rifling through the trogs' possessions and looking over the rest of the chamber.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"We must be close...but I do not think that Izumi will be able to leave the room for a few minutes yet. So we have time to look around."

Spellcraft, Kikonu's spell 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin, this is a classic incantation for wizards, one that has saved many over the aeons. It is usually known as Dimension door. It requires no gesture, but has a range of about 500 feet, more or less.


Twisting the strands of Fate

This room is a mess, and has nothing of value, but for Orbakhag's and Kikonu's weapons.

After Sorin has a look at them, you can tell Orbakhag's morningstar is magical and made of cold iron (+1). Kikonu's chicken sword is also magical (+1).

Two doors lead out of this room. The spells slowly fade away.

Loot sheet updated, for now in the unclaimed loot. I'm not sure whether Izumi is around, so I'll DMPC him until he shows up.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Let me know what is your general search plan and procedure for opening doors, so we don't get bugged down in the exploration.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Izumi and Pavel in front, I think and we open the door after perception checks from at least Pavel and Raith. If a door looks special, we use detect magic first.

Pavel turns to the north door and examines it, pressing his ear to the wood.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Twisting the strands of Fate

Feel free to go back in time if you feel I went a little fast.

Raith does the approach to all doors, and then leaves it to Pavel and Izumi to open the doors if all seems quiet.

To the east, you first find a small armory, with useless junk, except for a set of half-plate armor, a masterwork light steel shield, and two alchemist fire flasks. (In unclaimed loot.)

Further east, you find an hexagonal room. The fifteen-foot-high ceiling of this room is supported by four stone pillars. The middle of the room sags in a bowllike depression, leaving a five-foot-wide ring of level ground around the room’s perimeter. A large chair sits in the center of the room next to a table heaped with doubtful-looking cuts of rancid meat. The more you search the room, the more you think that it was Orbakhag's.

The double door to the north lead to the castle's kitchens. Stone pillars support the ceiling over this large kitchen — although the fire pits, tables, and pantries here look like they haven’t been used in decades. Thick layers of dust cover everything in the room. Clearly, the recent denizens have no taste for cooked meat...

You find a small laundry room then, and, further north, a natural cavern.

Secret Rolls:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Going back to the kitchen, you find a staircase leading up to the castle, and another pair of double doors. These lead to what once was the castle cistern, with a dark pool of water still at its center.

Secret Rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11; 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Another set of double doors lead east, and this time, Raith has heard a voice, though he's pretty sure all is quiet, when all of a sudden, he hears a loud female voice saying: "Og hvorfor du jeg holde stille dig fugl ser væsel?"

Ulfen:
"And why you I stay quiet you bird looking weasel?"

Map

The door appears locked...


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Did we find keys anywhere? Didn't one turn up in town?


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Walk the room checking the walls: Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Door:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Raith checks the door and walks the room checking the walls. "That bastard eluded us again."

After Raith picks up the strange looking blade. He runs his hand over it studying it closely. "This is a strange weapon. Would any of you object if I kept it? I would like to study it. See if it is useful."

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,966 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.