Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,451 to 1,500 of 3,966 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Twisting the strands of Fate

Please note I'll be away from Friday to Monday.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Tactician is awesome, but the first teamwork feat I chose for it is pretty situational, which is why it hasn't seen much use yet.

Seeing his allies flood into the room, Izumi smiles. The half-ogre had backed itself into the room, and now had no escape. He would turn his attention to the little creature, so that it would not be able to harry Sorin or Garand.

He steps into the doorway, blocking the creature's advancement through it, and delivers a powerful slash against the creature.

5ft-step to E5.
Mwk Katana /w Power Attack&Combat Expertise: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 12 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10)
Current status: AC21, 3 rounds of tactician left.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin stops muttering the words of the incantation as the scroll disintegrates into flakes of white light, spilling from his hands and flowing to the ground to form a circle on the stone floor. A thread of light arcs like a jet of water from the center of the summoning circle to a point directly before the doorway. There is a clap of thunder as the air is suddenly displaced by the appearance of a shimmering white hound, which immediately leaps into the room to attack the ogrekin.

Celestial Hound smite evil +2 dmg (2hit dice)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
dmg 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Free Trip attempt if hit vs. CMD 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

And now I am certain that I have never hit anything with this spell...ever.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand steps a pace to the south and east and delivers a rush of life-energy to Pavel.

5 ft. step to D4, cure moderate wounds to Pavel. 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13

Bear-spirit moves to attack, taking up position where Garand recently stood, next to the celestial hound that just mysteriously appeared.

bear-spirit 5 ft. step to C3, then full attack on M.

bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

confirm crit on claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
extra damage if crit confirms 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Twisting the strands of Fate

Before Raith has a chance to act, the ogrekin is savagely brought down by Bear-spirit.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit pokes at the body with his paw, nudging it as if confused that it no longer wants to 'play' this brutal and bloody game.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith moves into the hallway near the south door and takes up a watch waiting for Izumi to finish the elf.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Lacking an easy means of reaching the elf, Pavel swaps out his sword and shield for his longbow.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The elvish looking humanoid, hearing the noise of combat resume from the other room, suddenly gets even paler: "Yu- Yu've kelled Muthilda?!! Okai! Okai! I serrendur!" Its sword hits the floor with a clanging noise as it steps back and raises its arms...


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Hearing the words of the creature, and sensing the end of the spell, Sorin dismisses the summoned hound with a wave of his hand, causing it to dissolve into a shower of white sparks that quickly disappate.

"I think that we should allow that creature to surrender. I am certain that he has every intention of saving his skin by being as useful as possible," Sorin calls out to Izumi.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi spits at the feet of the cowardly little creature, flicking his weapon away. He moves around slowly. "Coward." Izumi mutters. "Alright, move it." Izumi continues to have his weapon out and ready, in case the creature tries anything.

Izumi's going to coral the prisoner, just in case it tries to make a break for it.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi Only:
Izumi stands in the doorway and is able to have a look around from its vantage point. It’s impossible to tell what this room may have originally been used for, as the walls and floor are decorated with countless preserved animals and creatures, ranging from small birds and forest creatures to fearsome predators. Several of the displays look uncomfortably fresh or humanoid in shape...


Twisting the strands of Fate

Others don't have to wait for Izumi to react.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand draws bear-spirit away from his fallen foe, and kneels to examine the body of this 'Muthilda.'

Perception, if needed. Take 10 if possible, otherwise... 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi sneers in disgust. The pair must fancy themselves hunters if they've amassed such a collection. Some humanoid shapes... what an ignoble ending. Izumi gives... 'Buttersnips' a little shove, propelling him into the hallway and towards the bulk of the group. "Alright, you little coward" Izumi says harshly. The thought of surrender wasn't usually one to occur to him, but he could not strike someone who was unarmed. "Tell us what you know of this place. Leaders, forces, everything you can think of."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith listens as Izumi interrogates the elf.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand:
Beside his armor, and weapons (a spiked gauntlet and a flail), you find a purse with 100 gold coins.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand checks the quality of the flail and spiked gauntlet (and armor), although he's no expert on such matters, just to see if they appear to be of above-average quality, and either hands the coin-purse off to Sorin, or keeps ahold of it, if Sorin does not seem interested.

Craft - armorsmith to determine the quality of the armor. Take 10 if possible. He hasn't learned weaponsmithing yet. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin takes the coin purse with a nod to Garand and picks through it carefully. Turning away from Izumi and the creature for a moment, he utters a guttural word in draconic and flicks his fingers across his eyes.

Detect Magic, look around the two rooms, check the purse and see if the still living creature has anything magical on it. Sorin doesn't trust it.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi and Raith:
The creature's shoulders sag as it paces around the room: "I arraved and them was already there. Kikonu's the bowss upstairs. He's gat tha colbys working for him, leafing tha trogs dawnstairs."

Garand:
The Flail is of great quality.

Sorin:
The threads of arcane energy congregate around the flial, bending reality in the slightest. (+1 flail)


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Gentleman, the flail is slightly magical. There doesn't seem to be anything else magical here."

"Has the creature said anything of value?"

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand hooks the flail into his belt, unless someone wishes to carry or use it.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi looks warily at the creature. "Anything else? Does Kikonu have any allies outside the castle? Reinforcements?" The creature didn't seem bright, but it might know. Izumi wasn't sure what to do with the creature. He couldn't strike an unarmed person... but if they didn't kill the thing, it might come back to haunt them.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The creature looks in the air for a moment, thinking: "Hillies!? Naw, I don't thangk sow, well, unless you count tha witch Zaiobe! She'ws meaann!!! Them fight allthatime, tha witch and Kikonu. I don't thank they talk much anymore. She lives uwpstairs."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"I have heard elves live a long life. Do you know what killed the folk here so long ago? What evil spirit lurks within this place that seems to drive people mad?, says Raith.


Twisting the strands of Fate

"I saed that I gut hewre awfter the cowrbies!"


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I believe that we eliminated the witch that he speaks of. That means Kikonu is all that remains. As the creature has surrendered, I suggest we bind and incapacitate this creature so he will not cause us any issues as we deal with Kikonu. We can decide if we are going to release him or deposit him with the proper authorities in Riddleport later, when there are less pressing concerns."

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"We seem no closer to determining the root of Ameiko's affliction. Hopefully this Kikonu will be more knowledgeable, or, at least, his death will serve to end the curse."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points
The Celestial Bureaucracy wrote:
"I saed that I gut hewre awfter the cowrbies!"

"So the murder happened with the coming of the corbies. The black bird men cursed Ameiko. The black bird men must die. What now with this one?", says Raith, his cold gaze upon the elf.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi grimaces. "I don't think that the bird men are the cause of Ameiko's affliction. This place is haunted by deeds gone past. Perhaps one of those angry spirits is afflicting her. I think more searching is required, and once we've explored the whole castle, we could exorcise the restless spirits."

What to do with the prisoner though? He had accepted the surrender, they couldn't simply murder the creature. Nor could they allow it to run free. "Should we return to the caravan to see to the imprisonment of... Buttersnips?"


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel, who was mostly leaning in the corner and waiting for the talky bit to come to a wrap pipes up a bit.
"Wh'Why bother? We're muh'miles from any towns or jails- it'll tuh'take us off track to bruh'bring 'em someplace and take muh'manpower to watch 'im. Just suh'send 'em off; he surrendered after all."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"The elf and that other ugly thing tried to ambush us without first speaking to us. If they were folk worth giving their lives to, they might have chosen to speak first and kill later. Let's just say I have my doubts were this situation reversed that Buttersnips and his ugly friend would grant us the same mercy. If this here elf goes and finds others to attack us, or worse, those we love, I will look poorly at giving mercy should an enemy ask again. But I will trust to your experience in these matters Pavel, if you feel granting mercy to this creature a wise act." Raith looks at the elf, "Use your life well, elf. Trouble us no more. I for one will not grant mercy a second time to you or those that you may bring."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I do not believe that this creature is an elf, but an oni in a form similar to an elf. There is a way to test it though...Se vi estus al mi kion vi kredas ke ni devus fari kun vi?"

Elvish:
If you were me what do you believe that we should do with you?
Sorin finishes, liquid phrases pouring from his mouth in a near song and staring intently at the creature for some reaction.


Twisting the strands of Fate

"Eeehrr!? A nevah saed A was an elf!!! A'm a Qweekling! An A promase to be goowd!!" And he spits on the floor.

If you move in the room, please read the spoiler.

Description of the room:
It’s impossible to tell what this room may have originally been used for, as the walls and floor are decorated with countless preserved animals and creatures, ranging from small birds and forest creatures to fearsome predators. Several of the displays look uncomfortably fresh or humanoid in shape...

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Knowledge - nature for information on Quicklings. I'm gonna go with Garand knowing that they are fey, and 'quick, like the name implies,' at default. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand:
The quicklings are indeed fey of great speed. Of particular note, they can disappear if they stop moving, which would explain why this one keeps moving back and forth, trying not to appear aggressive, but annoying still.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Might I remind everyone that it looks like this is a trophy room, and there are humanoids amidst the trophies. If we allow him to leave, he may kill again. I do not want that on my conscience. I say we must either imprison him somehow, or be done with him here and now, brutal as that may sound." This is why surrender was the coward's way out. Now, if Izumi struck, he would be striking an unarmed creature, evil and dishonourable though it may be.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The Quickling squeals as he hears Izumi: "Naw! Naw! A won't! A won't kill again!"

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

With Garand's limited knowledge of the fey, is there some agreement or oath that they will tend to respect? Perhaps an oath sworn by one of the Eldest?


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Fine.", Pavel grunts, retrieving rope from his pack and approaching the quickling. "Hands.", he grunts again, staring down at Buttersnips until he presents his hands, binding them together at the wrists and leaving a good six feet of lead before cutting it off. He thrusts the end to Izumi.
"You get the luh'leash, Law and Order."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Thank you. Summary execution is not appropriate when we have reasonable options. If possible I suggest we suspend him from the ceiling somewhere...perhaps a chandelier hook? That way we know he will be unable to free himself and we can deal with the remaining issues of this castle in peace."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Or we cuh'could barricade him into a room without windows and come back for him. Seems easier."


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Let us get it over with then."

How is the room next to us for windows/barricadability?


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Do we intend to drag this 'qweekling' with us on the caravan trail or is the plan to imprison it until we leave? Seems odd the decision of what to do with a prisoner that tried to kill us and seems to have killed so many should be so difficult. I'll help you barricade it into a room, Pavel, so we can be done and get on with the reason we're here." Raith assists Pavel getting the creature into a room and barricading it in.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand:
An oath might work, though dark feys have been known to twist their words.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

So are we going for an oath or for the barricade option?


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Izumi, I hope that we will make a better decision about this creature's fate when we have the time to properly consider it. I do not believe that now is the time. We should barricade and constrain the creature, then proceed."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Doubtful a murderous ambusher of this nature would keep an oath. Barricade is best.


Twisting the strands of Fate

You lock the quickling in one of the closets, after removing all "dangerous items from his person. Of course, he is not happy, but given your superior numbers, he doesn't try any heroics.

Younow turn away from the room, thinking about the course to follow. All but the tower room has been explored, and you found a few staircases leading down...


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Head to the tower room.

1,451 to 1,500 of 3,966 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.