Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,966 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"I would welcome a return to the caravan as well, to rest. Koya's healing touch may be just the thing to help us recover." Garand says, begrudgingly adding, "And she may know far better than I how to deal with these unquiet spirits..."

Friggin' haunts and channel energy. That's *just* what D&D needed, a pair of new mechanics to punish parties with no clerics!


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi looks a little dismayed that the party is going to head back, but they would be no good to Ameiko if they died from recklessness. "We should double our watch tonight, if we are leaving enemies in the castle who know of our presence."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Not sure what happened to my post. I agree. Back to the caravan. Koya can top us off with healing and more help in a fight while resting.

It's ok Garand. I prefer haunts without a cleric or positive energy. The fun of haunts is experiencing them. Sort of boring if a cleric wipes them out with positve energy before they even occur. Imagine a haunted house movie with a cleric. That would be one boring movie.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The group makes its way back. At first, what tasted like defeat, turned slowly to a sense of victory in the making, especially as they met with their good friends, saw their expression of relief at finding them alive and... well enough, and listened with great interest at the fascinataing tale of their adventure in a treacherous castle.

Koya takes Garand away and gets a scroll out of satchel: "Best to take no risk with what hails you." She hums and lights a pipe. Flowing smoke twists and swirls around the druid as he feels his connection to the earth grow stronger.

The next day, a warm meal and energy replenished, the companions make their way back to the castle.

Please note I'll be away Friday through Sunday.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi takes some time to talk with Sandru upon their return to the caravan. Sandru's sensibleness and straightforward attitude was just what Izumi needed to get his senses reoriented.

Izumi does not look well rested in the morning. When his watch was up, he had spent the night at Ameiko's side, and had fallen asleep on the floor next to her bed. His reward for this is a bad crick in the neck, which he can't get rid of.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand thanks Koya for her help, and gives her the scroll of restoration that the group had recovered earlier, to replace the one she used on him.

None of us have that spell anyway, so it's best in her hands, so that she can make a relatively easy caster level check and use it on one of us.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin takes the time to quietly rest, review his spell book and contemplate the best preparations to deal with the unknown spellcaster remaining in the fortress.

Sorin leaves the longsword with the caravan and swaps out his prepared Summon monster for another Mage Armor.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel cleans and oils his weapons, cracks his knuckles and gets ready to head back in.

We found a +1 longsword- should Izumi take that to have a magic weapon? Or take whispering shrike from me and I'll take the longsword? Can Raith use either of those? It's a good idea to have magic weapons on hand for everyone that relies on smacking guys around.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand swaps out flaming sphere for cure moderate wounds.


Twisting the strands of Fate

As you get back to the village, all seems quiet and unchanged from your earlier visit. The castle looms still over the village, but its walls are empty and all lies quiet, but for some crows circling and calling over the battlements.

Let me know how you wish to approach.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel does some advance scouting, looking for recent signs of movement during the night (especially tracks) and making sure the route back into the castle is free of any surprises.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Survival-Tracking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Soon as Pavel lets us know if anyone is watching us, we'll decide the approach.

Raith scans the gate and tower walls for signs of life while skulking about the brush.

Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Twisting the strands of Fate

Secret Rolls:
...

To the best of your knowledge, no one is watching...

I'll be away again until Wednesday night, with limited access to Internet.


Twisting the strands of Fate

What do you do next? Approach? If so, just add stealth and perception rolls, with the intended end point of your travel.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I didn't even notice. Garand was hit by a wight. That's where he picked up the negative level.

We head back to the area we were at before taking the same route going in through the front gate. We have stairs and doors to check in that area. We'll start with the doors on the east wall in the first big room. I thought we had already searched that area and it was where we ran after the priest and killed him. But it isn't open to us yet as near as I can tell. If the last map is the updated map, our objective is to go back to where we were and make sure it is clear.

We are not moving particularly quiet with Izumi. No use moving slow if our chances of stealth are slim. So we just move along at normal speed.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Sounds like a plan.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

I agree, however, if we're gonna scale the wall again, we should clear out the courtyard as well, just to prevent any further ambushes from being set here.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin follows along after the party, secretly happy that they are not making any attempts at stealth after his previous bungling attempts. Failing miserably and repeatedly at something does not put Sorin in a good mood.


Twisting the strands of Fate

You make your way back to the main throne room and explore the area to the north east. The rooms you pass through are in a filthy state, but more or less empty. The dungeon has an inner courtyard with a small pond, where you easily spot an insect lying in wait. You easily turn the ambush against it.

In one of the storage rooms, you find a set of twenty arrows wrapped in red silk. these are cold iron and show arcane enchantments. Sorin identifies them as flaming arrows (+1 flaming, added to loot; let me know who has them.)

You reach the last chamber, but the muffled sound of laughter stops you in your track. Yet, the laughter stops immediately.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Updated Map


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith halts, hand dropping to the hilt of his blade. He waits for Izumi and Pavel to pass him leading the way into the room listening for enemies.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Twisting the strands of Fate

Raith finds only the sound of his comrades.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Luh'let's prepare a bit, first. Mr. Suh'Saldward, if you would do the honors."

Pavel unsheathes Whispering Shrike and straps on his shield.
Perception, just in case: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi will grab half those arrows I guess. 10.

Izumi slowly slides his blade out of the sheath and glances around while moving into the room, looking for the source of the laughter.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin quickly rattles off several spells, the magic making little fizzles and pops as runes crawl into existance and wrap themselves around the various members of the party.

Finally Sorin kneels on the stone floor, his finger sketching a silver-white fire on the ground as he chants under his breath. In seconds, the densly packed writing has coalesed into a silvery pool, from which a silvery tendril rises, and wraps around Sorin's arm. Sorin raises his arm over his head before bringing his palm down to slap the pool spewing the radiance outwards. As Sorin stands, brushing off his hands and patting his robes back into shape, the droplets coalesce into a circle with arcane writing around the periphery that moves with Sorin in the center.

Mage Armor:Raith, Mage Armor: Sorin, Prot Arrows: Sorin, Bull Str: Pavel, Protective Ward 10' centered on Sorin

Sorin rummages in his scroll case for a moment before pulling out a single scroll, he then nods to Pavel.

"I believe that we are as prepared as we can be."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

On the count of three, Pavel joins Izumi in kicking in the door.
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Twisting the strands of Fate

The door opens on a narrow corridor. A pungent odour of staleness attacks your nostrils. On each side of the hallway, a door lays cracked opened.

Updated Map


Twisting the strands of Fate

Roll perception as well as indicate your action.
Also, update your profile heading to indicate the spells Sorin cast on you.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Unnerved by the odd smell, Sorin keeps his eyes open.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

We had a night's rest and additional healing from Koya I assume. I accounted for healed hit points.

Raith moves into the room behind Pavel falling into the Crane Stance.

Total Defense. Crance Stance.
Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Twisting the strands of Fate

Yes, all of you should be at full health.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Can I hear or see anything from either room?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Pavel only:
All is silent, but for a heavy breathing behind the west cracked door.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel motions to the western door so that his companions have a moment to prepare, then slams it open, swinging his blade at whatever is hiding within.

Whispering Shrike w/bull's strength: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Twisting the strands of Fate

Secret Rolls:

Initiatives
R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
I: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

B: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
M: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Initiative Order
Group 1: Pavel and Raith
Group 2: The Bad Guys
Group 3: Garand, Sorin, Izumi

Round 1: Pavel and Raith
Pavel kicks in the door left ajar and steps in slashing. His blade find a fat and greasy ogrekin, dressed in velvet leather and carrying a flail and spiked gauntlets. It howls in pain at the slash, mumbling: "Humans... I'll start with your heart!"

Updated Map
Raith is up, then the Bad Guys.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith will maintain position and allow Izumi and Pavel to handle the enemy.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 1 - The Bad Guys

The ogrekin howls in anger at Pavel: "Stupid human! Buttersnips, what are you waiting for?"

It lashes with his flail at Pavel's legs as he punches towards his face.

Secret Rolls:

F: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19; 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21; 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The flail catches Pavel squarely in the knee, sending pain through his skull as the spiked gauntlet catches his jaw and cuts his bellowing cry. (-17 hp to Pavel)

On cue, an elven-like lithe figure of olive skin and white hair appears at the end of the hallway and steps forth to engage Izumi with great speed. Its black eyes shine with evil intent as it produces a shortblade, aiming for the warrior's kidneys.

Secret Rolls:

S: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29; 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (3) = 3
Confirm: S: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28; 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The blade catches him completely off-guard, but fortunately, the armor stops most of its puncturing momentum. (-3 hp to Izumi)

Updated Map
All of you are up.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Just for kicks, the attack on Izumi was a confirmed crit with sneak attack... Low rolls for damage though!


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Phew, that could've hurt :D
Seeing Pavel take a heavy blow, Izumi is distracted and suddenly a sharp pain in his side causes him to look over. A small figure, armed with a blade equally as small. Izumi knows that Pavel needs to retreat before he takes another such blow. He calls out for Pavel to retreat so Izumi can take his place.

Standard action to use Tactician to grant Escape Route to all allies. If allowed, Izumi will wait until Pavel falls back and take his place.

Escape Route:

An ally who also has this feat provokes no attacks of opportunity for moving through squares adjacent to you or within your space.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"THUHN UHF UH BUUUUGHTH!!", Pavel bellows around his split lip and busted teeth.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Too funny! And I understood what he said!

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand casts a spell, and then he and bear-spirit move forward into the room with Pavel and the ogrekin.

Standard action to cast cure moderate wounds, holding the charge, then move action to go to C3. Bear-spirit goes to C4, and makes a single bite attack on the ogrekin.

bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Seeing Izumi hard pressed, Sorin unseals the scroll in his hands and begins chanting. Little flecks of light begin to drip off of the parchment, disappearing before they reach the floor. Summon Monster


Twisting the strands of Fate

Raith and Pavel for round 2.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith darts into the room following Izumi's commands to avoid giving the enemy any openings. He tries to grab the ogrekin's forearm wrist.

Move to E4 using tactician. Grapple Ogrekin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

So... Garand has a charge of cure moderate wounds to deliver, but he's way the heck in the corner. Izumi wants me to back out so he can meat shield, but then Garand won't be able to heal me and the spell's wasted. And if I back out from the room into the corridor, that leaves Raith, Garand or the bear to take the brunt of the ogrekin's smashing before Izumi can get in. Okay, what I'll do is fall back into the hallway. Izumi steps into my square after the half-ogre and the elf go and Garand can patch up the next person they wound.

Pavel takes a parting slash at the brute before slipping past Izumi and into the hallway.
Whispering Shrike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Now at c5.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
Pavel wrote:
So... Garand has a charge of cure moderate wounds to deliver, but he's way the heck in the corner.

Garand moved into the room with you (to C3). He can deliver the spell next action, if Pavel remains in the room. He just couldn't move and cast without provoking an AoO and probably losing the spell.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Let me revise that and move around to D2 instead; that way I can take advantage of Izumi's feat and be in position for Garand to heal me.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 1 - Izumi, Sorin and Garand
Seeing Pavel take a heavy blow, Izumi is distracted and suddenly a sharp pain in his side causes him to look over. A small figure, armed with a blade equally as small. Izumi knows that Pavel needs to retreat before he takes another such blow. He calls out for Pavel to retreat so Izumi can take his place.

Garand casts a spell, and then he and bear-spirit move forward into the room with Pavel and the ogrekin.

Pavel feels the healing move through him as Garand touches him. (Cure moderate: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8 You can deliver the touch after your move without needing an action. That’s how I’ve always read the touch spells. Let me know if you think I misread.)

Bear-spirit gets a taste of ogrekin as it sinks its teeth in the monster’s calf.

Seeing Izumi hard pressed, Sorin unseals the scroll in his hands and begins chanting. Little flecks of light begin to drip off of the parchment, disappearing before they reach the floor.

Round 2 - Pavel and Raith
Raith darts into the room following Izumi's commands to avoid giving the enemy any openings. He tries to grab the ogrekin's forearm wrist, but can’t get a good grip on its huge wrists...

Pavel takes a slash at the brute before repositioning himself (You couldn’t get that far without drawing an AoO, plus Garand managed to heal you.

Round 2 - The Bad Guys
The ogrekin snarls as the room fills, obviously getting pumped up: "Ah! More food!!!"

It lashes again at Pavel punching and flailing.

Secret Rolls:

F: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17; 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Fortunately for the ranger, both attacks miss. The ogrekin steps back to avoid being flanked.

The elvish looking creature darts left and right, stabbing at Izumi, before stepping back in the room.

Secret Rolls:

S: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23; 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Again, the blade sinks in the flesh, but without too much strength. [ooc](-1 hp to Izumi)

Status
Tactician round 1 (That’s a really useful power!!!)
Summon Monster in casting

Updated Map
All of you are up.

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,966 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.