Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,251 to 1,300 of 3,966 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Twisting the strands of Fate

Please roll Perception and Knowledge (religion).


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Knowledge- Religion (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith retrieves his blade and sheathes it. His eyes wander the shadows of the castle about them searching for any signs of watchers.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Garand stoops to examine the fallen bird, to see if it has anything of worth, calling upon the spirits of nature to allow him to see into the world beyond, where the threads of magic coil and slither.

detect magic


Twisting the strands of Fate

The name Pazuzu doesn't ring a bell. It could simply be a divine formula used to cast a spell.

From what you can tell, you haven't been seen or noticed.

The room you just came out of was, it seems, a shrine to Desna, but the place, and her statue in particular, has been defaced. It now looks like a man-bird with four wings and a scorpion tail. Perhaps some dark divinity, though a minor one no doubt, for you've never seen such images.

The room is easy to search but doesn't produce anything of interest. The "priest" carried on her three scrolls and a wand. She wears a grimy studded leather armour, and fought with a longsword of very good quality. Around her neck, you find a silver unholy symbol of the winged god.

Do you spend some time searching the room? Identifying the objects?

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand takes up the scrolls and wand, offering them to Sorin to examine.

"The armor and sword are not touched by magic, although the blade seems of exceptional quality." he says, taking the holy symbol to the unknown god as a keepsake, for now.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

We search the priest's room. Move back search the three fallen dire corbies. We're going to thoroughly search the previous room, but it has more doors so might require more time and care. We're pretty much going to do a thorough search of the areas we've encountered. How many Perception checks to do the search?


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi cleans his ancestral blade and replaces it in it's sheath and grimaces at the sight of the despoiled shrine. Even though he was not a religious man, this was despicable. He spends some time looking around the room. "We... we shouldn't leave this shrine like this. Desna has granted us many boons through Koya."


Twisting the strands of Fate

Two rolls each.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Worry about that later." Raith starts scanning the walls, floor, ceiling, statues, and any other noteworthy objects.

Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Sorin, can your magics clean away the defiling markings?" Garand asks, as he peers around the room.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Watching the others begin to move around the room, Sorin takes the time to examine the scrolls and wand.

Detect magic then Spellcraft to identify the properties of a magic item using detect magic, DC15+item level
Scroll 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Scroll 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Scroll 3 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Wand 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin discerns the threads of magic and manages to read their function. Two scrolls are to cure (Moderate Wounds). The third is to cancel magic (Dispel Magic). Finally, the wand contains powerful dark magic capable of robbing a man of his very life (Wand of Inflict Moderate Wounds, 12 charges).

A thorough search of the area takes a good hour, but you discover a secret stash that seem to date back to before the corbies. You find there powerful items of magic that Sorin analyses. (four +2 evil outsider bane arrows, a scroll of cure moderate wounds, a scroll of remove disease, a scroll of restoration, and a phylactery of faithfulness).

The sun is about to set in an hour or so.

Soon the place will get very dark...

We need a system for keeping track of loot. Ideas? Volunteers?


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Slap the list up on the campaign info page. Either that or someone pack-mules it until we get back to camp.

"Garand, I do not have the "Read Magic Script" spell memorized today. Unless you have it, these scrolls will be difficult to utilize. I don't believe that I can use any of them other than the scroll of dispel magic, and that may be a divine prayer as well...further examination will be needed. As for the wand, it appears to be one that causes negative energy damage and has 12 charges remaining. I think that you need to be close to your target to use it however, so I suggest that you keep it. The arrows are obviously blessed of Desna and look to be very effective against creatures not of the prime material plane."

Sorin holds up the last item, a tiny silver box, no bigger than nail on a human's little finger, strung on a thin leather cord. "This is a phylactery of faithfulness. The tiny box contains a religious scripture. It is supposed to bring you closer to your deity, keep you on the path of the faithful. I am not certain what its actual effect is, but it should be informative. You should probably hold on to it Garand. You are best equipped to use, or determine when someone else needs it."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel picks up the longsword after the searching is through.
"Anybody muh'mind if I take this? Nicer'n mine...."

"Getting pruh'pretty dark out there... we guh'gonna press on or head back to the wagons?"

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Holy cleric loot, Batman!

"I cannot read magical script this day, but I shall study the runes and prepare my mind to receive them at sunrise." Garand says to Sorin, as he tucks the items that Sorin has identified as using divine magic into his pack, treating them with the reverence that such expensive and aged materials call for.

"It may be safer to return to the wagons, but we have yet to find any source of the malus that is afflicting Ameiko..." he adds, as Pavel notes the time.

He offers no comment at Pavel's question about the longsword, but nods approvingly as the man hefts the fine blade. "Someone other than myself should make use of these arrows. My own accuracy is such that they would be wasted upon my bowstring."

Plus, being the only divine caster, he's already made out like a bandit...

Noting that Izumi still looks a bit ragged around the edges, he calls upon the Horned Hunter to invigorate his body once more.

cure light wounds on Izumi. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

He finds the results less than he had expected, and equips this 'phylactery of faithfulness,' as doubt creeps into his mind, as to whether he has done something to earn disfavor, or merely suffered a more mundane setback in his attempt at healing.

Speak up for healing if ya need it, folks!


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"We have other rooms to search. Shall we see about clearing this floor, room by room, then work our way downward?"


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"If we're gonna kuh'keep going, I'll need some healing."
15/29

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand draws once more from the well of Erastil's grace, and Pavel feels his heart pound within his chest with the exhilaration of the hunt, although he cannot tell if is is the hunger of the predator or the fear of the prey, whose sensations he shares...

cure light wounds on Pavel, last of my cure spells for the day, but I still have the wand and some potions, just in case. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Let's do it." Raith remains grim.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel nods to Garand.
"Th'Thanks, buddy.", he says.

"If we're gonna kuh'keep goin', let's start with this wuh'western cluster of rooms here and then we can sweep our way East."


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Don't want to trouble our poor druid.

"Thank you Garand. I believe we should keep going. If there are indeed more residents of the castle, we have left quite a trail of bodies in our wake, and we don't want to give them to opportunity to be prepared when we return."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Agreed, Pavel, Izumi whenever you are ready."


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi has, at this point, retrieved his shield and is now re-equipped. Raith's suggestion that they investigate the rooms on the west side (I assume left is west) first is a good one. Izumi moves into the hallway nearest to them and opens the first door.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Room after room, you open each door with care, nervously discovering empty room after empty room...

Those are already uncovered on the last map.

One of the small room with access to the main hall is a bathroom, though it seems the corbies didn't use it, for it is cleaner than the rest of the place...

Many rooms are now used as sleeping quarters.

In one of the servant's former quarter, you find a very old skeleton, with no head. The marks indicate a sharp instrument was used.

In a cupboard, you find the remnants of a small child under a pile of rotten wood. The walls have been scribbled with charcoal drawings; crude representations of black clad frightening bird-headed men with throwing stars, and lumbering magical ogres wielding axes—images made all the more frightening by their childlike quality.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Sorry, which rooms have we explored? The last map I see is hallbrawl9, which was the round before we put down the priestess.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Knowledge-nature, to see what Garand knows about 'magical ogres,' which, if they are ogre magi, will be nothing, since they are outsiders and not giants. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Twisting the strands of Fate

I was sure I had posted a map... Sorry!

Updated Map.

Loot sheet updated. Garand, please check you have everything on your sheet.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

How about Izumi and I each take two of the arrows?

The beheaded skeleton doesn't give Pavel much pause- but he chews his lip in consternation seeing the kid in the cupboard. A dead guy's a dead guy, but a dead kid...
"Wh'whuh... what d'ye think we should duh'do with this poor kid? A cuh'cabinet for a tomb..."


Twisting the strands of Fate
Garand Stone-of-the-Moon wrote:

Knowledge-nature, to see what Garand knows about 'magical ogres,' which, if they are ogre magi, will be nothing, since they are outsiders and not giants. 1d20+6

From some of the specific details of the drawings, Garand can establish this is not simply an ogre, but something different altogether.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
Pavel wrote:
How about Izumi and I each take two of the arrows?

Sounds like a plan. I've got them on my sheet for now, but I'll mark off two and you add them to your sheet, Pavel.

Izumi, take the other two arrows, a potion of cure moderate wounds and a potion of lesser restoration from the unclaimed loot, please.

Sorin, take the other potion of cure moderate wounds, and that will clear out the unclaimed loot.

Quote:
"Wh'whuh... what d'ye think we should duh'do with this poor kid? A cuh'cabinet for a tomb..."

"Removing his bones and placing them in the graveyard would be a kindness, but we should wait until the area is secured, before attending to the spiritual needs of the departed."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Right. Let's puh'push East, then and see what's waitin' for us."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I'll take 2 CMW and 2 Lesser R.

"What a dark place this is. Dead children and monstrous birds. I wonder what tragedy befell this place."

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
Raith Shadar wrote:
I'll take 2 CMW and 2 Lesser R.

That's more potions than we have, actually. Unclaimed, we currently have 2 CMW and 1 LR. Raith and Pavel already have some potions, Izumi and Sorin do not, which is why I made the suggestions that I did. If neither Izumi nor Sorin want a potion, then Raith can have both CMW and the LR. Doesn't matter to me.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I see. The potions are numbered and not the number of potions. I'll take one CMW.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Loot updated.

Where do you go next? East, but north, south? Let me know which door you're choosing.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Northeast looks good to me. Clear top to bottom.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sounds good. I bet all the good stuff is in the dungeon anyways...it always is...


Twisting the strands of Fate

Pavel opens the double doors. Judging from the blood and gouges marring the walls, a terrific
battle once took place in this guard room. All the way back, you see a staircase going down.

Who's going in?

Map.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Seeing that there is nothing left to explore in the southern areas, Garand leads bear-spirit into the new room, where is sniffs and paws at the blood on the walls, but otherwise follows without complaint.

Both move to the right side of the 10 ft. long, 10 ft. wide hallway just before the room with the staircase, so as not to block the narrower-looking corridor just past the double doors.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith moves with the group keeping his eyes open for danger or watchers.

Let me know if I need a Perception.

I was assuming we were moving in force through the upper levels as a group. If someone was going to hear us, they would have by now. So stealth is no longer a major concern.

Marching order should probably be: Pavel, Izumi, Sorin, Garand and bear, Raith (Rear guard)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel steps in and takes a thorough look around, keeping his sword and shield at the ready.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Twisting the strands of Fate

You all step in the room, moving cautiously towards the stairs.

As you exit the short hallway leading to the room, Bear-spirit starts to groan. The reason is obvious, the walls, covered in ancient blood, are now sweating real, liquid and pungent blood. From the liquid, ghostly faces suddenly spring, unleashing nerve-wracking shrieks.

Your ears are filled with the despair of slaughtered souls, and all you can think of is: Run!

Will save DC 13. Success means shaken, while failure means you're frightened.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damn it, again?


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

That's one thing I always was amused of in D&D. The classes you think would be best trained for resisting fear given they fight face to face with some of the most horrifying monsters a being can face have some of the weakest fear saves. Doesn't make sense.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Fighters and Paladins get help on that front, I think even Barbarians in rage do as well. Rangers just have to run for it like scaredy cats.

Liberty's Edge

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand's Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
bear-spirit's Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Bear-spirit flees the room, back into the chamber with the table, and crawls under it, cowering before the unnatural spirits that haunt the blood-spattered room.

Garand steels his nerve, and calls upon spirits of nature to attempt to cleanse the blood, unsure if the magics at his command would be capable of such a feat.

Purify food and drink on the blood-stains on the nearest wall, attempting to turn what remains into pure water, in the hopes that cleaning away the blood will quiet the restless spirits. Total crapshoot on whether or not purify food and drink will do that, or if the source of this fear has anything to do with restless spirits, or if said restless spirits would give a crap whether or not the blood was cleaned away. I don't know much about haunt rules, myself, and Garand would know less, other than the basic assumption that it's one of those things that clerics take care of. :)


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Well this is unpleasant. I doubt that the walls are rigged to be oozing buckets of blood, so this must be some sort of magical effect...or a haunting of some sort...certainly there was enough bloodshed here. Are you aware of anything like this Garand?" Sorin looks up from where he was peering at the oozing walls. "Where is Pavel going?

Know:arcane 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26
Know:dungeoneering 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 = 11


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi's save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Izumi and Pavel break out of the room as the haunting gets control of their mind and sends them running.

The rest of you, though unnerved by the sight (shaken for a few minutes) stand your ground. Garand tries his best to neutralize the effect, and it seems to work, a little...

You have a look around. The two cupboards are now empty, but the racks on their walls indicate that they were armories of sorts, and that this was a guarding post, taken by force ages ago.

The fighters come back after a minute.

The only way out of this room is through the stairs.

1,251 to 1,300 of 3,966 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.