Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,966 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

As the creature turns it's back on him and walks away, Garand takes advantage of the opening to strike.

AoO with sickle 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As the fog springs up, Garand attempts to open his other senses up to the creature's location, as he moves forward to where he saw it casting the spell, and swings again at it's location

Perception check to pinpoint it's square, in case it moved again after casting the spell. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

sickle attack on where he thinks it is 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I'm not sure if it's a 20% miss chance or a 50% miss chance for being 1 square away from it in this fog, so I'll just roll d100. Low roll is a miss in either event. 1d100 ⇒ 82

As he moves into the fog, Garand calls for bear-spirit to join the fray, and bear-spirit growls and dashes forward into the mist, attempting to locate the creature using his powerful sense of smell.

Perception to locate it's square 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If bear-spirit can pinpoint the location of the creature, it takes a single bite attack.

stop in K/9, bite attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
miss chance, maybe 20%, maybe 50%, low roll is a miss 1d100 ⇒ 19


Twisting the strands of Fate

50% miss. Careful not to hit friends in the fog...


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith hesitates, "What dark sorcery is this? Sorin, can you get rid of this?"

Maintain total defense. Difficult decision. He may use the fog cover to buff himself up. But we go in, we might get separated and torn up piecemeal. Someone should stay at the door and try to cover the other door. I'm thinking I'll stay at this door. Pavel and Izumi brave the fog. Garand tries to cover the other door. Going to be a rough situation.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Please roll perception if you're in the room to detect where she's going. Raith, Pavel is running away for three rounds. He won't be able to cover anything.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin is busy casting the summon spell. As soon as Izumi and Pavel post, he will finish. Attack puppy on the way! Nothing like Scent for dealing with fog.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

It will help. Won't stop the dog from moving at half speed through the fog or allow it to pinpoint until it is 5 feet away. It's the best we have at this level. Will take a move action by the dog to determine the direction of the creature. I prefer to use fog spells like this against the enemy since they normally gain no real advantage from the fog unless they are fleeing. If he flees, not sure how we can stop him since you get no AoOs with full cover which the fog provides beyond 5 feet. I guess we'll see how it goes and what Dreaming Warforged has planned.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Now that I'm out of sight, all I can do is hunker down and wait for the frightened condition to pass.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi stomps into the room, making as much noise as possible. He wishes to both alert his companions to his presence, and possibly draw the attack of their enemy.

Izumi will move to O11, intentionally failing a stealth check, and ready an action to attack if the corby presents herself as a target (comes within 5ft of Izumi).
Katana (/w Combat Expertise & Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 23 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8)
Miss chance (low is good): 1d100 ⇒ 84
Aww it was a critical threat too.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin stops muttering the words of the incantation and stands up as a thread of light arcs like a jet of water from the center of the summoning circle to a point on the edge of the fog (J9). There is a clap of thunder as the air is suddenly displaced by the appearance of a shimmering white hound, which immediately lowers its nose to the ground and moves into the fog.

Celestial Hound round 1 of 3. Move action 1: Scent to determine direction (per ability, typical DC for fresh scents is 10) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Move action 2: Move until within 5' of enemy. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"The beast should be able to discern our opponents location. I am sorry, but that is the best that I can do right now Raith."


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 5 - Ameiko’s Friends
As the creature turns it's back on him and walks away, Garand takes advantage of the opening to strike, but can’t find an opening. Sorry, just a five foot step...

As the fog springs up, Garand attempts to open his other senses up to the creature's location, as he moves forward to where he saw it casting the spell, and swings again at it's location. He finds where the corby is and manages to connect. But from the sound of it, its blow only bounced off the corby’s armor.

As he moves into the fog, Garand calls for bear-spirit to join the fray, and bear-spirit growls and dashes forward into the mist, attempting to locate the creature using his powerful sense of smell. As he moves towards its master, it passes near the corby and snaps at it, but catches only fog.

Raith hesitates, "What dark sorcery is this? Sorin, can you get rid of this?"

Pavel hunkers down in the hallway. (Round 2/3)

Izumi stomps into the room, making as much noise as possible. He wishes to both alert his companions to his presence, and possibly draw the attack of their enemy. He strikes with a perfect form, but the ancestral blade slices through nothingness...

Sorin stops muttering the words of the incantation and stands up as a thread of light arcs like a jet of water from the center of the summoning circle to a point on the edge of the fog. There is a clap of thunder as the air is suddenly displaced by the appearance of a shimmering white hound, which immediately lowers its nose to the ground and moves into the fog. "The beast should be able to discern our opponents location. I am sorry, but that is the best that I can do right now Raith."

Round 6 - The Dire Corby “Priest”
Nothing is heard...

Perception DC 10:
The door south is opening.

Updated Map
All of you are up.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Raith is protecting his area to ensure the dire corby doesn't escape.

Ready action to grapple corby if it comes within sight and reach.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Izumi can hear the soft sound of a door opening directly in front of him, and calls to her allies. "She is trying to escape to the south!" As he charges recklessly through the mist.

Izumi will move to R11, look around. This leaves him with 5ft of movement. If possible, he will get into range and attempt a trip. Otherwise, he will follow as closely as possible.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi can attack.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi spots the fleeing corby, and immediately tries to use his shield to sweep the corby's feet out from under her.

Trip attempt (provokes an AoO): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Aww. Also, she gets a reverse trip attempt, CMD 17.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Garand strikes at the corby between himself and bear-spirit, attempting to remain close enough that he can see it, albeit unclearly. "The spellcaster remains here," he says loudly in Varisian, in a voice that, to his own ears, sounds unnaturally calm.

sickle strike, +2 for flank 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
20% miss chance, miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 63

Bear-spirit attempts to do likewise, closing the pincer.

bear spirit full attack, +2 for flank
bite 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
20% miss chance, miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 44
claw 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
20% miss chance, miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 49
claw 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
20% miss chance, miss on a 1-20 1d100 ⇒ 85

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Growling the hound dashes forward out of the fog and lunges at the birdman, teeth snapping.

Celestial Hound 2/3, smite evil +2 dmg (2hit dice) flanking?+2 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
dmg 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Free Trip attempt if hit vs. CMD + flanking? 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin, realizing that Pavel has moved off on his own, moves back into the main hall, trying to keep an eye on Pavel down the hallway.

Move to e10


Twisting the strands of Fate

So sorry, I thought one player still hadn't posted... Will update tonight at the latest.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 6 - Ameiko’s Friends
Raith is protecting his area to ensure the dire corby doesn't escape.

Izumi can hear the soft sound of a door opening directly in front of him, and calls to her allies. "She is trying to escape to the south!" As he charges recklessly through the mist. Izumi spots the fleeing corby, and immediately tries to use his shield to sweep the corby's feet out from under her.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14; 1d8 ⇒ 7

The corby stabs at him as he tries the trip, but misses. Izumi locks the corby in place but doesn’t manage to throw it off balance. The corby pushes back...
Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

...and serves him a piece of his own medecine! (Izumi can either drop the shield or falls prone.)

Garand follows the corby to the door and strikes at one of the images. (Bit of confusion. I just ran with it.)1d100 ⇒ 12 His slash misses as the corby steps left.

Bear-spirit attempts to do likewise, closing in. The first attack snaps squarely the right image. (Crit. Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13)Its second attack misses, and its third attack, unfortunately strikes, but the wrong image, which suddenly disappears.

Growling the hound dashes forward out of the fog and lunges at the birdman, teeth snapping, but hits only air.

Sorin, realizing that Pavel has moved off on his own, moves back into the main hall, trying to keep an eye on Pavel down the hallway.

Round 7 - The Dire Corby “Priest”
The corby, seeing so many gathered around it, curses and hisses at you all, steps back, then flail a hand in an arcane gesture, hissing dark syllables. A loud bang shakes the area as your ears burst in pain.
Sound burst: 1d8 ⇒ 8 damage to Garand, Izumi, Bear-spirit and the celestial dog. Also, Fortitude save DC 14 or be stunned next round.

Updated Map
All of you are up. Only the door on the right is opened for now.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand's Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

bear-spirit's Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Garand attempts to reach past Izumi to push the leftmost door open.

move action or 5 ft. step into his square, standard action to push door open, then move action or 5 ft. step to get back into position

Bear-spirit growls low as he moves forward and attempts to savage the creature again.

bear spirit 5 ft. step to R12 and full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Shaking off the unnatural fear, Pavel runs back into the fray, heedless of the mist.
Double move to M9 or thereabouts, listening for the fight.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi's attempt at tripping the opponent goes awry and he is forced to drop his shield, which clatters to the ground with a tremendous amount of noise. Izumi doesn't waste any time picking it up and instead grips the family blade in both hands.

Has she left herself open for an AoO by casting? She's still in Izumi's threatened area even after her step.
If so, here's the attack (/w Power Attack & 2 hands): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23 (1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15)
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

With his shield on the ground and his hears ringing, Izumi abandons all pre-text of defense, stepping around the caster to fully block the escape of their enemy. With a fluid motion, Izumi's katana strikes as he steps, a blow powered by all the strength the young man has gained in the forge. Izumi's fervor to find what's wrong with Ameiko shines through pretty clearly as his strikes hit home with a relentless efficiency.

Opening the other door, move to T12 (movement provoked AoO)
Katana (/w Power attack & 2 hands): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23 (1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14)


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith continues to man his position.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

The dog bounds past Izumi and through the open door, turning immediately to snap at the priest.

Celestial Hound 3/3, smite evil +2 dmg (2hit dice) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
dmg 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Free Trip attempt if hit vs. CMD + flanking? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

I need new dice...

Suddenly, like a fire caught in a stiff wind, the dog disintegrates into a thousand ember-like sparks that swirl up towards the ceiling and vanish.

Sorin follows Pavel back into the fog, his crossbow ready. L9


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand, Bear-spirit and Izumi, don’t forget to remove the damage from your sheet. The save was only for the stun.

Round 7 - Ameiko’s Friends
Garand attempts to reach past Izumi to push the leftmost door open. (Door opened.)

Bear-spirit growls low as he moves forward and attempts to savage the creature again. Despite its best effort, the creature manages to escape all its attacks.

Shaking off the unnatural fear, Pavel runs back into the fray, heedless of the mist.

Izumi's attempt at tripping the opponent goes awry and he is forced to drop his shield, which clatters to the ground with a tremendous amount of noise. Izumi doesn't waste any time picking it up and instead grips the family blade in both hands.
The closed door provided cover, so no AoO.)
With his shield on the ground and his ears ringing, Izumi abandons all pretext of defense, stepping around the caster to fully block the escape of their enemy. With a fluid motion, Izumi's katana strikes as he steps, a blow powered by all the strength the young man has gained in the forge. Izumi's fervor to find what's wrong with Ameiko shines through pretty clearly as his strikes hit home with a relentless efficiency.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; 1d8 ⇒ 4
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7; 1d8 ⇒ 2

The corby slashes at Izumi as he moves past and catches him squarely across the face, missing the neck by a hair. (-4 hp to Izumi)

The dog bounds past Izumi and through the open door, turning immediately to snap at the priest, but finds nothing but loose feathers. Suddenly, like a fire caught in a stiff wind, the dog disintegrates into a thousand ember-like sparks that swirl up towards the ceiling and vanish.

Sorin follows Pavel back into the fog, his crossbow ready.

Round 8 - The Dire Corby “Priest”
Snarling and cursing, the corby steps back, retreating, while slashing again at Izumi.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; 1d8 ⇒ 4
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26; 1d8 ⇒ 5

Its blade enters the armor below the shoulder and slices out neatly, blood flowing freely from the wound. (Confirmed crit: -9 hp to Izumi)
He then utters a dark syllable and a double of it appears at its side...

Updated Map
All of you are up.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

And I thought I had a good round. Also, I did subtract the 8 from the total in my tag on my posts, but I forgot to update my sheet. Will do for the new total.

Izumi pants as his blood stains his clothing, his armour and the stone floor, flowing freely. Not wanting to back down, Izumi continues his assault, taking on a slightly more defensive posture, but his blows continue to rain down with considerable power.

2h Mwk Katana(/w Power Attack & Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 20 (1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Trying to follow the sounds of combat, Pavel pushes through the mist.
Aiming for S22 or S23; not sure how you want to handle moving around in the obscuring mist area. In case it's a move action and I can emerge from the mist to attack, I'll include a swing.
Longsword vs. Priest: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand cannot move in to attack in the tight corridor, but bear-spirit continues his attack.

move to S12, full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith curses under his breath and flies into the mist moving toward the sound of battle. As he emergers from the swirling mist, he takes up the Crane stance with sword at the ready taking in the battle.

I looked up the fog spell. I guess it is the higher level fog spells that slow movement. So I move at full speed.

Move to R-11. Maintain Crane Style. Total Defense.


Twisting the strands of Fate

No, it's a simple Obscuring mist. You can do full moves. Feel free if you wish to review your action.
Sorin's up.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

I'm good with my action. It was a full move with a standard action. Corby is surrounded, no real place for me.


Twisting the strands of Fate

You could stand on the ledge of the bridge, one leg up, crane-style-like, Daniel san... Of course, if you fall... I have been known to bullrush from time to time.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Frustrated by wandering through the fog, Sorin pushes to the edge and looks for the enemy.

Sorin can only move 30', so he will only be able to go so far as to replace garand at q11. If he can see from that position, he will take a shot at the priest. I think both doors are open now, so it should be possible.

1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 4 = 13 Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Twisting the strands of Fate

Don’t forget the corby has some sort of limited mirror image.

Round 8 - Ameiko’s Friends
Izumi pants as his blood stains his clothing, his armour and the stone floor, flowing freely. Not wanting to back down, Izumi continues his assault, taking on a slightly more defensive posture, but his blows continue to rain down with considerable power.

Secret Rolls:

1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

His blow slices through, but only through the illusion, which suddenly disappears.

Trying to follow the sounds of combat, Pavel pushes through the mist. He stabs at the corby, but the tip is blocked by armor.

Garand cannot move in to attack in the tight corridor, but bear-spirit continues his attack. Its bites finds purchase and he tears a piece of flesh with the blood soaked feathers.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14; 1d8 ⇒ 6
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; 1d8 ⇒ 3

The corby slashes at Izumi as he moves past and catches him squarely across the face, missing the neck by a hair. (-4 hp to Izumi)

The dog bounds past Izumi and through the open door, turning immediately to snap at the priest, but finds nothing but loose feathers. Suddenly, like a fire caught in a stiff wind, the dog disintegrates into a thousand ember-like sparks that swirl up towards the ceiling and vanish.

Sorin follows Pavel back into the fog, his crossbow ready.

Raith curses under his breath and flies into the mist moving toward the sound of battle. As he emergers from the swirling mist, he takes up the Crane stance with sword at the ready taking in the battle.

Frustrated by wandering through the fog, Sorin pushes to the edge and looks for the enemy. He fires through the melee, his bolt whistling a little too close to Izumi’s ear, but going through, over the battlement.

Round 8 - The Dire Corby “Priest”
The corby laughs darkly at your feeble attempts and invokes with a dark voice a surge of negative energy that washes over you gripping your hearts with pangs of despair. ”PAZUZUUUUU!!!”

Secret Rolls:

2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

(-7 hp to all except Sorin; Will save for half damage.)
It then steps back a bit, laughing madly.

Updated Map
All of you are up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Bear-spirit continues to surge forward, pursuing the crow-headed man.

bear spirit 5 steps to T12, full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Garand steps forward behind bear-spirit, and calls upon the healing power of Old Deadeye.

move to S12, cure light wounds on Izumi 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Meh, three d20 rolls for bear-spirit, and I couldn't beat a 10, total. Time to put some dice in the microwave...


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Save:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 What is the will save?

Raith tumbles by his companions next to the priest. He drops his sword to the ground near his feet and grabs the dire corby's arm.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 DC Priests CMD
Move to V11. Grapple:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Twisting the strands of Fate

The corby chanelled negative energy. Save for half damage.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
The Celestial Bureaucracy wrote:
The corby chanelled negative energy. Save for half damage.

Did we save? I'll adjust the hit points in my profile thingie once we know.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Gonna go ahead and guess that I'm taking damage on that one.

Pavel attempts to head off the fleeing priest-bird, darting around her to reach her back.
Moving to V12 to flank with the bear.
Attack of opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Once in the rear, Pavel will attack with full force. And factoring in the Bull's Strength that I had forgotten before.
"Where d'ye think yuh'yer goin'?!", he bellows.
Longsword w/flanking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
HP 15/29; AC 18/12/15; Bull's strength 1 more round.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points
The Celestial Bureaucracy wrote:
The corby chanelled negative energy. Save for half damage.

I understood that. What is the DC of the save to be more specific.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Silly me, I was sure I had written it down... DC 11.
Garand, I see one save only. Your bear's?

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

bear-spirit's save, which I totally forgot! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

The updated map didn't post. I am guessing that the corby is surrounded now? I almost cast grease on the battlement.

Sorin reloads his crossbow but doesn't fire with his friends so close upon the creature.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

I'm assuming Izumi was not hit by the AoO (the text with him getting -4 is the same as the last round).
Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Izumi stumbles as his wounds seem to open more on their own. Seeing the group begin to surround the corby, Izumi decides to stand his ground and continue the assault. He was losing alot of blood... and then the healing energies of Garand flowed over him giving him a renewed sense of vigor. With this, Izumi puts all of his power behind his next blow, hoping to finish the creature.

Katana (/wPower Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12 (1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10)


Twisting the strands of Fate
Sorin Saldward wrote:

The updated map didn't post. I am guessing that the corby is surrounded now? I almost cast grease on the battlement.

Sorin reloads his crossbow but doesn't fire with his friends so close upon the creature.

That's odd. I see the map, even from my phone...In any case, he's not surrounded really, unless from this round's movement.

EDIT: Looking at recent movement, he does look surrounded!

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8
The Celestial Bureaucracy wrote:
Silly me, I was sure I had written it down... DC 11.

Random dumb question. Half of seven damage is four or three? I took off four hit points, but I have no idea whether or not that is rounded down...


Twisting the strands of Fate

Not so random and dumb! It works all the time, for good guys and bad guys. I say round down, but I’m open to discuss in the OOC.
Also, Pavel hit last round with the Bull’s Strength. I’m going to add the damage.

Round 9 - Ameiko’s Friends
Bear-spirit continues to surge forward, pursuing the crow-headed man, but can’t find an opening.

Garand steps forward behind bear-spirit, and calls upon the healing power of Old Deadeye. (+10 hp to Izumi.)

Raith tumbles by his companions next to the priest. He drops his sword to the ground near his feet and grabs the dire corby's arm. He manages to keep his guard up while moving gracefully, but fails to get a good grip on the arm and ends instead with a fistful of bloodied feathers.

Pavel attempts to head off the fleeing priest-bird, darting around her to reach her back, evading the corby’s strike. 
Once in the rear, Pavel attacks with full force. "Where d'ye think yuh'yer goin'?!", he bellows. His blade sinks deep and the corby falls on its knees, croaking darkly, then collapses as Izumi and Sorin come forth.

Combat over. Good job!

The fight has brought you from one end of the castle to the other it seems. You look all around to see whether you’ve been noticed... The battlements are empty and only the cold wind washing across them makes any sound.

Osirion

Some dude
The Celestial Bureaucracy wrote:
Not so random and dumb! It works all the time, for good guys and bad guys. I say round down, but I’m open to discuss in the OOC.

Just looked it up, page 8 of the core book. "Unless otherwise noted, whenever you are must [sic] round a number, always round down."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

With the area silent as usual, Pavel stoops to one knee and goes through the dead corby's vestments.
"Wh'what'd it say? 'Pazuzu'? First thing we heard one o' these things say thuh'that was intelligible."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Does anyone know anything about Pazuzu? Is it a name? Place? Deity?", Sorin asks as he walks over.

Sorin kneels down and searches the corby that seemed to be in charge.

"As loud as this thing shouted, I think that we can assume that there aren't any more of these bird-things in the castle...unless there is a dungeon...or they are prone to randomly shouting."

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,966 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.