Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


1,151 to 1,200 of 3,966 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"Raith, you seem light on your feet, could you just dash in ahead of us and cut off the bird-men's potential lines of retreat while we make our best time to engage them?" Garand whispers, "There is literally a bull's chance in a glassblower's shop that we are going to surprise them, and the longer we dally, the longer Ameiko lies stricken."

Garand plays dirty.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Fine. Great. Hold still and don't talk."

Scroll: Mage Armor @ Raith, Mage Armor @ Sorin, Bull Strength @ Pavel, Protection from Arrows @ Sorin

30 seconds later, Sorin steps back and bows ironically, magic still trailing off of his fingertips as he motions to the door.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"I have other plans, Garand. Izumi don't much want to work the way I work, so I'll leave him to his honorable fighting. Once Pavel has his man stood up, we'll see how well it fights when I lock it up and splay its neck for Pavel to chop like a chicken neck on a chopping block." Raith's eyes are grim and merciless.

We have a few options:
1. Charge
2. We can lure them into the room.
I'm game for either.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand absorbs Raith's comment without reaction, "Izumi, Pavel, would you two please run into the room one right after the other and attempt to get as many as possible engaged so that they cannot flee for reinforcements? We shall follow as fast as we can."

He positions himself behind Pavel and Izumi, preparing to run in after them, although he doubts that he will be able to get within melee range.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Ameiko's friends stumble out the door and into the hallway, with their vanguard making a run for the dire cleaner-corbies, aglowing with magical enchantments.

Ok, showtime! Please put where you'll be at the end of the surprise round.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

After the discussion has subsided and Sorin finishes his preparations, Pavel runs in with his sword held high, breaking left to give Izumi a clear line to the closer of the two corbies.
With 30 feet of movement, assuming I'm at the door, I'll be at E19 or so, ready to hop up on the table.
AC 18, HP full, Str 20 due to Bull's Strength.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith follows Pavel and halts to his left side a bit behind him.

Raith moves to Pavel's left side in the diagonal square behind him.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi moves straight into the room, sword and shield drawn.

Move in to F16.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand makes it to right behind Izumi F15, with bear-spirit dashing ahead of him F17.

bear-spirit's target is crow-dude #2


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin follows behind Garand to F14, crossbow loaded and at the ready.

If characters do not block line of sight, Sorin will take a shot at corby 1. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 The dice gods are mad at me...

As Sorin runs forward he stumbles on a bit of uneven floor and his hand clenches, triggering the crossbow. The bolt crashes against the wall, sending a shower of sparks to rain on Garand as it ricochets past his head and into the room.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The heroes make their way through the hallway, getting close to the dire corbies. As they move in, they realize the room is much bigger than anticipated, forming a sort a central hall leading to many other rooms and hallways. As they move in, they notice a third dire corbie also busy scrubbing the floor.

Secret Rolls:

Initiatives
R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
I: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Initiative Order
Group 1: Pavel
Group 2: Dire Corbies 2 and 3
Group 3: Garand and Izumi
Group 4: Raith and Sorin

I changed the grid's position on the map.
Map
Pavel is up.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel steps forward, swinging his sword and bashing with his shield.
5 foot step to C8, full attack.
Longsword/Light shield: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
AC 18, HP 29, Str 20


Twisting the strands of Fate

May I ask that you use the Class and Race sections to list HP current/mx; AC/T/F; buffs and debuffs?
Also, don't forget Sorin's spells: Mage Armor @ Raith, Mage Armor @ Sorin, Bull Strength @ Pavel, Protection from Arrows @ Sorin.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Terribly sorry. I messed up the initiative and am only now realizing that I've set it up in a way that can only bog the game down. Group 3 can post now, then the DCs. That way you won't be waiting for me all the time.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit moves forward to bite at his target.

Move to F/9, bite crow 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Garand sidesteps along the wall to end just south of bear-spirit, and attacks with his sickle.

Move to G/9, moving diagonally along the wall to avoid provoking an AoO, if possible, attack crow 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
slashing damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi, then the corbies.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

With the bear-spirit no longer blocking his way, Izumi charges straight down the hallway at the corby near the stairs, using his momentum to drive the katana home, striking a powerful blow. After striking, Izumi quickly brings the sword back into a defensive posture.

Katana (/w Power Attack & Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 7 + 3 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 3 - 1 - 1 = 18 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11)

AC: 19 (+1 combat expertise, -2 charging).


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 1 - The Heroes
Pavel steps forward, swinging his sword and bashing with his shield. The corbie, still on the floor, is slow to respond and ends up bashes and stabbed.

Bear-spirit moves forward to bite at his target. He connects and gets its snout filled with blood and feathers.

Garand sidesteps along the wall to end just south of bear-spirit, and attacks with his sickle. Unfortunately, his slice is just short of the beast.

With the bear-spirit no longer blocking his way, Izumi charges straight down the hallway at the corby near the stairs, using his momentum to drive the katana home, striking a powerful blow. After striking, Izumi quickly brings the sword back into a defensive posture. The blade bites deep and blood pours all over the scrubbed floor. Normally, such a blow would have felled such a creature, but it seemed to have fueled a madness that will carry the beast until its death.

Round 1 - The Dire Corbies
All three corbies get up on their “feet” (AoO for Pavel, Izumi, Bear Spirit and Garand!) and shrieks loudly in anger at the intruders. They then proceed to shred them to pieces, or try to anyway.

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
2 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
2 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

It seems their attacks are no match for your fighting skills, until a lucky claw finds Pavel’s neck, and almost tears it to shred. Luckily, the ranger’s armor stopped part of the blow. (-4 hp to Pavel)

Updated Map
Raith and Sorin, then all the rest are up.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith moves to Pavel's side, he draws his blade with the speed of a snake, and slashes the birds leg.

Move to B/8. Swift Action Crane Style: FD
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
HP: 25/29; AC 18/12/15; Bull's Strength active

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit AoO bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Garand AoO sickle slash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
slashing damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Bear-spirit manages to take another chunk out of the creature as it rises to it's feet, and Garand and bear-spirit attack again in tandem.

Bear-spirit full attack
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Garand sickle slash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
slashing damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Seeing no place to shoot his crossbow into the general melee, Sorin moves forward to the corridor intersection and keeps his eyes open for any new threats.

Move to E4 and look down the hallway for a moment. Then cast Flare on Corby 2 (Fortituded DC13 or dazzled)

I will be more helpful if I can slow these things down.

Sorin utters a quick word and flicks his hands in a curious gesture, causing a whistling white streak of light to shoot from his hands and fly square into the face of one of the bird men, where it pops with a flash and a soft retort.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi AoO vs. Corby 2 (/w Power Attack & Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 6 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6)

Izumi swings as the corby stands up, but the floor is slightly slippery from the scrub, and Izumi overextends, almost falling. Quickly recovering, Izumi glances around at the tactical situation. It's too cramped for any real tactical movement, so Izumi focuses his attention on bringing down the enemy, swinging hard at any remaining corbies.

Garand looks like he took care of #2, but if not, this attack is directed against #2. Otherwise against #1.
Katana attack (/w Power Attack & Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 10 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7)
Current AC: 21 (+1 Combat Expertise)


Twisting the strands of Fate

As the corbies get up, they open themselves to attacks. Pavel gives one a deep gash, making it only meaner. Bear spirit also finds an opening, but Garand and Izumi don’t.

Round 1 - Raith and Sorin
Raith moves to Pavel's side, he draws his blade with the speed of a snake, and slashes the birds leg. His attack is easily dodged though.

Seeing no place to shoot his crossbow into the general melee, Sorin moves forward to the corridor intersection and keeps his eyes open for any new threats.
I will be more helpful if I can slow these things down.
Sorin utters a quick word and flicks his hands in a curious gesture, causing a whistling white streak of light to shoot from his hands and fly square into the face of one of the bird men, where it pops with a flash and a soft retort.

Secret Rolls:

1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

***

Round 2 - Izumi, Garand and Pavel
Garand and bear-spirit attack again in tandem. Their combined attacks are enough to finaly bring one of the corbies down. (Corby 2 is down.)

Izumi swings as the corby stands up, but the floor is slightly slippery from the scrub, and Izumi overextends, almost falling. Quickly recovering, Izumi glances around at the tactical situation. It's too cramped for any real tactical movement, so Izumi focuses his attention on bringing down the enemy, swinging hard at any remaining corbies, but not connecting with it.

Round 2 - The Dire Corbies
The two remaining corbies

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Twisting the strands of Fate

As the corbies get up, they open themselves to attacks. Pavel gives one a deep gash, making it only meaner. Bear spirit also finds an opening, but Garand and Izumi don’t.

Round 1 - Raith and Sorin
Raith moves to Pavel's side, he draws his blade with the speed of a snake, and slashes the birds leg. His attack is easily dodged though.

Seeing no place to shoot his crossbow into the general melee, Sorin moves forward to the corridor intersection and keeps his eyes open for any new threats.
I will be more helpful if I can slow these things down.
Sorin utters a quick word and flicks his hands in a curious gesture, causing a whistling white streak of light to shoot from his hands and fly square into the face of one of the bird men, where it pops with a flash and a soft retort.

Secret Rolls:

1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

The spell washes off the corby. but doesn’t seem to affect him.

Round 2 - Izumi, Garand and Pavel
Garand and bear-spirit attack again in tandem. Their combined attacks are enough to finaly bring one of the corbies down. (Corby 2 is down.)

Izumi swings as the corby stands up, but the floor is slightly slippery from the scrub, and Izumi overextends, almost falling. Quickly recovering, Izumi glances around at the tactical situation. It's too cramped for any real tactical movement, so Izumi focuses his attention on bringing down the enemy, swinging hard at any remaining corbies, but not connecting with it.

Round 2 - The Dire Corbies
The two remaining corbies

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
3 vs P: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Pavel is hit once again by the corby. The bleeding is now quite serious. (-3 hp to Pavel)

Updated Map
All of you are up.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Bear-spirit clambers onto the body of the fallen crow-man and attacks the one still standing.

move to F/10, full attack on corby 1
bite 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
claw 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
claw 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

bite damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 1 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claw 2 damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Garand steps to behind Pavel D/8, in case the man needs healing, but does not cast a spell quite yet, as he seems to be faring well.

If I'm not mistaken, he's only down by seven, at the moment...


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith slides to the right of the dire corby facing Pavel slashing for its right leg and elbow.

5 foot step to A/9.
Flurry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9)
Flurry: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5)


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Seeing the battle turning their way, Izumi drops his defensive posture and presses the attack hard with a powerful blow, but the blow goes just wide.

Katana (/w Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10)
AC: 20


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Growing more frustrated by his enemy's resilience, Pavel slashes at the corby before stepping in to slam it with his shield.
Longsword/Spiked Shield: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
HP 22/29; AC 18/12/15; Bull's Strength- third round?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin is up.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorry, it was a loooooong day at work. We were doing hurricane planning for the upcoming season. Bull Strength for 2 minutes at level 2 so 12 rounds. It will hopefully outlast the fight. Flare on Corby 1 (Fortituded DC13 or dazzled)

Sorin utters a quick word and flicks his hands in a curious gesture, causing a whistling white streak of light to shoot from his hands and fly square into the face of one of the bird men, where it pops with a flash and a soft retort.

[/i]You know...one of these times, this spell will work...[/i]


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 2 - Raith and Sorin
Raith slides to the right of the dire corby facing Pavel slashing for its right leg and elbow. He doesn’t find an opening in the corby’s defenses.

Sorin utters a quick word and flicks his hands in a curious gesture, causing a whistling white streak of light to shoot from his hands and fly square into the face of one of the bird men, where it pops with a flash and a soft retort.
You know...one of these times, this spell will work...

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

He watches with a certain frustration as his spell washes off the creature.

Round 3 - Izumi, Garand and Pavel
Bear-spirit clambers onto the body of the fallen crow-man and attacks the one still standing. The bear tears long slashes of crimson in the beast’s chest.

Garand steps to behind Pavel, in case the man needs healing, but does not cast a spell quite yet, as he seems to be faring well.

Seeing the battle turning their way, Izumi drops his defensive posture and presses the attack hard with a powerful blow, but the blow goes just wide.

Growing more frustrated by his enemy's resilience, Pavel slashes at the corby before stepping in to slam it with his shield. The sword creates an opening for the bash and the corby crashes in the nearby chairs, sprawled and dead.

Round 3 - The Dire Corbies
The sole corby still standing lashes at Izumi again.

Secret Rolls:

1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1 vs I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Izumi dodges left and the creature’s claws slash harmlessly against his armor.

From the end of the corridor, one of the double doors opens. You can see a corby dressed in a ceremonial gown. Quickly, the door is closed back.

Updated Map
All of you are up.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"I think we've been seen!" Izumi calls out to his allies so they know that there is possibly more trouble coming. All the more reason to finish this now. Another blow from his sword, this one slices deep into the corby's chest.

Katana (/w Power Attack): 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22 (1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8)


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Was this the double doors near me or the double doors near Izumi?


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Did I see the corby?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorry, I posted the wrong map... The double doors that have opened and closed are in M9-M10. Sorin wouldn't have seen the doors open, but certainly Izumi's pointing. So he knows the direction.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith runs onto the table and kicks the last dire corby in the head.

If the corby is dead, Raith takes in his surroundings.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18(1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8)


Twisting the strands of Fate

The last corby falls to the ground after the combined onslaught of Izumi and Raith.

I think Sorin and Garand can still do something that round.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand moves straight down the hall, saying "Do not allow them time to prepare!", throwing open the door and pressing against the wall, so that his allies can pass by.

double move action, first to move to M/9, then to throw open the door. If he can only open one of the double doors, he chooses the one in M/10, so that the others have an unobstructed path.

He instructs bear-spirit through their spiritual link to remain where he is, so that the animal does not inadvertantly block the others attempts to move with haste.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel runs past the melee with the last surviving corby to reach the doors in the south corridor.
Aiming for m9 with a double move.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin to finish the round.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

had problems with Paizo last night, the site wouldn't load for some reason. Sorin moves around the corner to h10 and loads his crossbow.

As the last corby falls, Sorin sees Garand pointing at some unseen threat. Disappointed in the failure of his magic, he reloads his crossbow as he moves around the corner to take aim down the hallway.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand makes his way down and opens the door opposite to him. Right after, Pavel comes in and faces a chamber with high ceilings. Dozens of paintings of a towering humanoid figure with four wings, a bird’s head, and a scorpion’s tail decorate the walls of this room, seemingly painted in blood. Old pews sit in a line facing the eastern wall, where a hideously defaced statue of a winged woman stands.

Sorin then comes in, in line with Pavel and the opened door.

In front of you stands a female dire corby, dressed in a filthy robe, caked with blood and filth that mats her feathers and smears her beak and talons as well...

Secret Rolls:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

It holds a longsword in its hand and raises the other uttering strange prayers in a forgotten tongue. His form seems to shift for a moment, then, from the corby's shadow comes a second shape, identical to the first one. The two then move in unison, indistinguishable. It then points a finger at Pavel, uttering darkly: "Kassnathesh!"

Fear grips the ranger's stomach. (Will DC 13 to be shaken for one round, or frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds)

Updated Map
(Corby 1 is dead on the map. Sorry. All of you are up.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Yeah, site was down to some ISPs for a good 26 hrs. Seems to be fixed now though.

Izumi waits for Raith to dart ahead of him before following towards the... spellcasting corby. He didn't like the sound of that.

Double move to L10, just behind Pavel


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith hops off the table and runs down the hallway right behind Garand. He looks into the room, his stance defensive and his blade hovering over his head like a scorpion's tail.

Move 40 feet down hall from where he was on table. Crane Style. Total Defense.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin immediately bends down and starts scratching out a complex circular diagram with a piece of chalk on the floor by his feet.

Casting 1 round spell Summon Monster I: Celestial Riding Dog (Mastiff, gains smite evil 1/day) Celestial Template and Summon Monster I and list

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand raises his shield and charges with a bellow, moving jjust behind the creature, to cut off it's retreat, if he can.

Total Defense as a standard action for a +4 to AC, for, move to P10, just south of N. This will provoke an AoO and provide a flank for anyone moving to just in front of N. Garand's AC is 19 this round.

Lacking further instruction, bear-spirit playfully jumps up and down on the chest of the dead bird-man corby 1, amusing himself with how that makes blood spurt out of the creatures beak.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel eyes go wide as he stares at the flickering bird woman and the gore-caked room.

"The fu'fu'fu'fu'fu....", he breathes before turning on his heel and fleeing the room.
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!!


Twisting the strands of Fate

Round 4 - Ameiko’s Friends
Izumi waits for Raith to dart ahead of him before following towards the... spellcasting corby. He didn't like the sound of that.

Raith hops off the table and runs down the hallway right behind Garand. He looks into the room, his stance defensive and his blade hovering over his head like a scorpion's tail.

Sorin immediately bends down and starts scratching out a complex circular diagram with a piece of chalk on the floor by his feet.

Garand raises his shield and charges with a bellow, moving just behind the creature, to cut off it's retreat, if he can. The dire corby takes advantage of this opportunity to strike at the druid.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13; 1d8 ⇒ 3

Garand successfully deflects the blow and gets in position.

Lacking further instruction, bear-spirit playfully jumps up and down on the chest of the dead bird-man, amusing himself with how that makes blood spurt out of the creatures beak.

Pavel eyes go wide as he stares at the flickering bird woman and the gore-caked room.
"The fu'fu'fu'fu'fu....", he breathes before turning on his heel and fleeing the room.

Round 5 - The Dire Corby “Priest”
The corby steps away from Garand and intones a quick spell. Suddenly, the room fills with a dense mist that blocks all sight...

Updated Map
All of you are up.

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,966 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.