Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger (Inactive)

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Trouble with Goblins can lead to a lot of places, even the other side of the world...
Jade Regent AP, now in volume 3 - The Hungry Storm


951 to 1,000 of 3,966 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith jerks his head around. He looks to the others, quickly discerning none of them touched him, he turns back to the butterfly, "That butterfly looks like the type of glass, Old Man Kaijutsu used to make at The Glassworks. What do you think, Izumi? You spent a good deal of time at the Kaijutsu Glassworks. Looks like Kaijutsu glass don't it."


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Know Local 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Know Nobility 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Hmmm. There are grave markers from four ethnic groups in this plot, Varisian, Shoanti and Ulfen mainly spanning a period from 4442 to 4687, or about 25 years past. The fourth group is Minkai, specifically these two graves from 4655, Doto Chosokate and Majuite Kaijutsu."

Sorin looked around and realized that he is a distance away from the others, and it was likely that nobody was paying any attention to him. They were all crowding around what looked like a Desnean altar. Sorin walked through the tall weeds to where the rest of the group stood by the altar.

"Now that you are all looking at it, I must say that it is odd. It isn't typical for the Lady of Travelers to have a graveyard consecrated to her, Pharasma would be much more normal. I imagine that a big city, with an migrant population would have a cemetery like this, but a small town?"

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"Death is but another journey, to the goddess of dreams. If the town was primarily Varisian, when the cemetary was established, it is not unusual that they would have dedicated it to their favored goddess."

"Shoanti and Varisians in the same place is not too unusual, although burial in the dirt is not the first choice of many of my people, but Northland Raiders and Minkai as well? An odd mixture of peoples, some quite far from home..."

"Someone who can read the Tien graves should take note of the names and dates, and bring the information back to Ameiko, as they may be kin to her. Otherwise, I think we should move on, perhaps to the ship."


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Does Izumi know Doto?

"Yes, indeed. That is most definitely Kaijutsu glass." Izumi studies the piece with intent, and moves to pick it up (though doesn't force it if it's attatched), to check the bottom for any sign of the traditional signature. Izumi is so intent on the piece that he misses what Sorin and Garand said until Garand mentions Ameiko, then Izumi perks up.

"Sorry, what was that about Ameiko? Some sort of clue?"

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand's face slides into the mask of stoicism so common to his people. "Make note of the names and dates on the Minkai tombstones, please, in case they are known to her, or perhaps her kinfolk. She would want such information."

Seeing Izumi's hand reaching for the glass butterfly, his eyes widen in alarm and he adds, "I would caution against removing any item from a consecrated space, lest we upset the spirits of those buried here."


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi:
You don't recall that particular name. Perhaps a cousin that made the trip?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand still stands in front of the filled bowl, pebble in hand.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi listens to Garand and doesn't move the glass, looking a little sheepish. "Just wanted to confirm the piece's origin. I'll go look over the graves." Izumi goes to look over the graves, reading any Minkai outloud for those who don't read the language.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin knows Minkai

Sorin listens intently to Izumi's pronunciation of the Minkai words as he reads them off the gravestone.

"Ahh I see, Doto Cho-SO-kate. It is always easier to master the language when you can see how another pronouces the words."

Sorin turns back to look at Garand.

"Everything alright Garand?"

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand seems to notice, for the first time, that the bowl is filled with something. Rainwater, perhaps? Previous offerings?

His reaction will depend on what's already in the bowl;

If it's as well-tended as the rest of the cemetary seems to be, and doesn't contain any offerings, he'll place the pebble on the ground, instead, assuming that he's mistaken the intent and it is not an offering bowl at all.

If it's filled with offerings, small coins, etc. he'll add his pebble to the collection.

If it's filled with debris (fallen leaves, rank water, a dead bird), but no offerings, he'll scoop out the debris and purify the water magically, leaving the pebble on the ground.


Twisting the strands of Fate

The bowl is only filled with rainwater...


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand empties the bowl and puts the pebble in. All is quiet around. This place is, after all, a haven of peace in this desolate village.

As you make note of the dates on the tomb, you remember Koya describing the mystery around the place. The town was founded long ago and stood shoulder to shoulder with Riddleport and Magnimar, but trade dwindled and its growth as well. Nevertheless, the town was a popular stop for those brave enough to venture to the Land of the Linnorm King, just north of the Nolands.

And suddenly, the town fell silent. Travelers coming from the North talked of a ghost town, with no trace of its inhabitants. The Varisians have many tale for this place now, but the truth is, no one knows what happened to the town, and whether it is still out there...

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"Shall we move on to the ship, now?" Garand asks, moving towards the exit of the cemetary, and leading bear-spirit carefully, to keep the curious creature from disturbing any graves, "This is a place for those whose journeys have come to their end, and I suspect that ours is just begun..."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel nods, walking out of the cemetery and starting down the road to the lagoon and the ship.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Did you finger wiggler chanters do what you could to see if there is any magic here?" Raith looks at the others. "Maybe we take this piece of glass in case it is important.". Raith will pick it up once Sorin or Garand see what they can find with their ability to sense magic.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin raises his eyebrows at Raith's request, but complies, completing a quick scan of the cemetery with Detect Magic, before following Pavel to the ship.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin detects a faint aura coming from the shrine. As he moves closer, he can point to the copper bowl.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"Well, now I am glad that you asked Raith. The bowl is detecting as magical. Give me a moment or two."

Continue detection for full inspection then utilize Spellcraft to determine what it is.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"That ability of yours to see magic is damn useful. Figure I'd encourage you to use it as much as possible. Never know what we could miss. I don't want to miss anything if Ameiko's life is on the line." Raith looks to where Sorin is detecting.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Sorin:
The bowl shows a transmutation aura, but you can discern that it applies only to liquids. You read the flows of aura and discern a transformation into the divine. Furthermore, the bowl's aura seems somewhat tied to the altar and the consecrated grounds.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

"I believe that the bowl makes holy water. Which honestly, is never a bad thing to have, anybody have a waterskin they want to sacrifice? It never hurts to be prepared."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"You think it would help Ameiko?" Raith looks hopeful.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"We've already encountered undead once, and they had the clue that lead us here. I've heard that holy water is deadly to the creatures. If there are more in the town, it would be very wise of us to make use of the Goddess' blessing. I believe I have an empty glass bottle from a potion here somewhere." Izumi pauses a moment and retrieves the empty glass bottle from his satchel and hands it to Sorin.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Celestial Bureaucracy

Spoiler:
Was Garand temporarily possessed, when he dumped out the bowl? The action you described was obviously not one of the three I offered up, and, indeed, was pretty much counter to what he was intending. If so, is he still possessed and should I RP him any differently?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand:
Wow! I just read your email again and it is me who was possessed! I'm truly sorry about that.

Garand, as it turns out, had not thrown the water, but placed the pebble beside the bowl.

I had misread his post.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

Sorin thanks Izumi as he takes the vial then carefully fills it with water from the bowl, stoppers it, and gives it back to Izumi.

"I have no idea if the water will retain its properties as we leave the graveyard or if there is some time limit on its magic. As for the bowl, we should ask Ameiko about bringing it with us. It is not being used here in this town, and we may find a need for it later. As for now, I am going to join Pavel. Shall we be off?"


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

"Yes, let's." Izumi places the holy water delicately away and joins Pavel as the group heads towards the ship. He keeps an eye on the battlements of the castle though, making sure no one is watching the group.

Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Twisting the strands of Fate

From the cemetery, you walk back towards the two piers. While both piers are now mostly collapsed, the westernmost one has what appears to be a relatively recent visitor: a ship is tied to the pier. It seems relatively new, but the vessel is partially destroyed and half-sunken.

Knowledge (local, geography, engineering) please.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi looks at the make of the ship, but doesn't recognize it. Instead, he'll look for any language markings on the sunken vessel. "Someone has visited here recently... and something sunk this ship." He said, looking again at the castle, eager.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Knowledge (Local)1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Garand tries to discourage bear-spirit from stepping out onto the dock, not trusting the aging planks to not give way and dump them into the bay.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Izumi:
You notice on the hull of the ship, claw marks, as well as scorching from what seems more like electricity than fire damage. There are no markings on the ship

Garand:
This is a Linnorm kingdom longship. Made for raids on shallow rivers, it can still stand the sea fairly well.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"This ship comes from the Linnorm Kingdoms. Raiders use these to pillage coastal communities." Garand says in a somber tone.

200 quatloo says we will face viking zombies today!


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Wh'wanna try climbing aboard?", Pavel says, looking over the scuttled vessel.


Hp: 21/30; AC:19/19/17 (22 ward, 24 PfE)
Stats:
(Mage Armor, +2 AC 1/6); DR 10/magic vs. ranged weapons (40pts); Fort+6, Ref+3, Will+5 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune sleep, resist cold 5)
Half-Elven Wizard 6

The mention of Linnorm Kingdom raiders makes Sorin distinctly uncomfortable.

"I think that I will stay here on the shore and keep watch if you explore the ship", Sorin says, looking around to find a good vantage point near the water.


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith follows Pavel when he goes on the ship.


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

Izumi eyes the water around the ship uneasily. "I'll stay out here as well, pretty sure I would sink straight to the bottom in this armour."

Izumi muses to Sorin and Garand as they wait for the return of Pavel and Raith. "It looks like the ship was attacked by some sort of large creature. Look at those claws marks. And those burn marks don't look like fire. Too precise."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

"Of course. Luh'leave the dirty work to us."
Pavel steps onto the ship for a closer look.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Twisting the strands of Fate

From your cursory exploration of what stands above water, twelve men were aboard that ship, though they are nowhere around... The ship arrived recently it seems.

All around, the dark grey cold water of the Steam River flow carelessly.

Next step?


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

Raith will walk the deck with Pavel. If there is an opening leading below deck, he will move up and take a look down.

Perception upper deck1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Perception opening below1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Twisting the strands of Fate

The area below deck is filled with water, looks like up to the waist. As you walk around, you can tell the ship is far from stable.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

Garand reaches down to the dock and pulls forth a nail or splinter or old dead barnacle, whichever is most convenient, and implores the spirits to bring the light of the stars down to light upon it.

light cantrip

He then gently tosses it onto the ship, attempting to make it fall into the lower deck and illuminate the half-flooded depths of the longship.

Attack roll to toss it into the relevant square? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Whether the item makes it or not, he then passes his hand over his eyes, and opens them again after whispering a brief incantation in the tongue of the druids, now a startling green.

detect magic, peering around for signs of magical auras

Perception check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

After Garand tosses the light token into the hold, Pavel lowers himself carefully in, looking for any clues as to what happened on the ship.
Perception- hold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Twisting the strands of Fate

The dead barnacle lands inside the ship and illuminates as intended. There's not much room down there, as it is a longship. Three corpses can now be seen. Small fishes are picking at them with great gusto. The cargo seems to have been heavily damaged by the water and you can't see anything of value above or below deck.

Pavel sees the claw marks and the electric patterns Izumi mentioned. They seem to have been made by a creature the size of a man or perhaps bigger even. It seems clear that this is what sunk the ship, no more than a month ago.


Twisting the strands of Fate

Garand:
You lift the mists and see through the magical realm, but you can't see any magical strands tied to this location.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Do the corpses look Ulfen? In clothing or remaining features?


Twisting the strands of Fate

Yes, the corpses have the usual Ulfen traits.

Andoran

(AC 19/t14/ff18, hp 62 of 68) Shoanti Cleric (of Erastil) 8

"I see no glow of magic among what remains. Whatever story was told here, we have missed the final verse. Perhaps we should move on?"

Castle next, or is there more to the village?


Male AC 17/To11/FF16, HP: 30/37 Human (Varisian/Tian mix) Cavalier 4

I believe we still have the lagoon to explore.

"I agree with Garand. Perhaps there will be clues elsewhere in the village. If these were indeed Ulfen raiders, they must've been here to pick the bones as it were."


AC 19 Touch 17) FF 16; CMD 23 (25 Grapple) Hp 58/58
Spoiler:
+4 dodge bonus FD/ 6/6 ki points

"Pavel found something. We'll be down in a bit." Raith keeps a close eye on Pavel ready for trouble.

951 to 1,000 of 3,966 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tora no Senaka - The Back of the Tiger - Jade Regent IC Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.