Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

This PbP started with Entombed with the Pharaohs and continues with The Pact Stone Pyramid. Many of the characters travelled to Osirion after completing a PbP based on River into Darkness.


4,651 to 4,700 of 4,710 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

Sykala detects loads of magic.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Korian gets Ovirid to boost him up and then checks out the small chamber himself.

Once inside he does his best to determine what the different objects might be.

Lots of K arcana and Spellcraft rolls. Feel free to use your home dice DM T and avoid all the posting.


Hmmm, what types of auras are there? Concerned this may be another illusion.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius tries to climb up to help Korian examine the chamber.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid glares at Refina. "Well? D'ye want t' be usin' me fer a ladder, too?" ;-)


Determining the auras and the functions will take some time. If you are willing to wait while Korian studies the items, then he can look below the spoiler.

Sykala, there are too many different auras in here for you to get a good read on them. You'd need to isolate the different objects and read the auras individually.

Korian:
The grey stone cask contains an elixir of frost breath; a clay cistern contains a potion of displacement; the white cloth is a shroud of disintegration. It is wrapped around a +1 +1 axiomatic khopesh. In the box is an earth elemental gem.

While Korian and Sykala begin to investigate and the Ixius tries to climb up Ovirid, Refina and Ovirid notice that a large volume of grey vapor is escaping from the four holes where the shafts were.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

The dwarf says, almost conversationally, "We might be fer 'avin' company."


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

I'm assuming Korian doesn't know about the vapour yet?


Female Human Cleric 7

".......I think we may have been had." Refina yells up to the others "Something coming out of those pillars nd fast."


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Pausing in his investigations Korian leans down to look and, alarmed, yells "It might be poison! Plug the holes back up!"


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina will attempt to reinsert one of the spears


The vapor continues to billow out from the holes, touching Ovirid and Refina as it does. It's dry, cold, and smells like ash. Although the tunnel seems to have no breeze, the vapor shifts direction and heads back the way you came.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Vampires??


Sykala looks down into the hall through the trapdoor. It isn't until the vapor shifts of it's own accord that she comes to realize it maybe someone or something in gaseous form instead of poison. Thinking maybe we should stop it until we know more she quickly intones a prayer to Gozreh. A roaring wall of wind springs up to impede the progress of the vapor. Shifting down through the ceiling she watches the cloud closely.

Cast Windwall directly in front of the vapor, trapping it here with us.


Not sure where this is going, but we'll probably need some initiative checks soon.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Also beginning to think trouble is brewing, Korian begins the spell to summon a small air elemental.

Init when needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Human Cleric 7

Init

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


The windwall prevents the vapor from going one way down the hallway, but it shifts direction and heads the other way. Any possibility that this was just escaping gas is increasingly unlikely.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Can we tell if it is just one big vapour, or several different ones? I'm thinking perhaps the paracount has finally caught up to us??


It seems clear that there are several different streams of vapour.


The lil druidess moves ahead of the vapor and seals the other direction with a wall of stone.

Cast Stoneshape, I think it is enough to create about a 2 inch thick wall of stone over the corridor (assuming it is 10' foot square).

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Between the wind wall and the stone, Sykala has blocked off a stretch of corridor 10 ft. wide and 40 ft. long. The three distinct wisps of smoke begin to gather into more concentrated forms around you. I think Sykala and Korian are still up in the loft, right?


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius is in the loft too.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Yep, Korian is still up there, but Sykala said she moved


Figured I had too so that I could see my target for my spell and I think Stoneshape is touch? anyway but not sure as I don't have my book here.

She will begin casting a summoning spell though as she senses she might not like what is about to come out of the mist.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

If Sykala has had time to cast Stoneshape, then Korian must have finished his Summon Monster I by now. So if so, a small air elemental appears and begins to attack the mist


Korian and Sykala start their spells in the surprise round. Korian's takes 1 round; Sykala's is a standard action.

Monsters (26)
Korian (25)
Korian's elemental (25)
Refina (22)
Sykala (14)
Ixius (11)
Ovirid (6)

The mists gather quickly into three separate strands and condense and darken sticking to the stone ceilings. Three figures take shape on the ceilings around you. Their dress and facial features mark them as ancient Osirion. Their angry hunger marks them as some sort of vampire.

The creatures are spread out. They're not stupid enough to solidify in one place.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Is that their action for round one?


Yes.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Apoligies! Full weekend

The air elemental flies at one of the vampires (whichever is least accessible from the ground) and slams it's fists into the undead thing before veering out of reach into the room.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 AC17 HP15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Meanwhile Korian, seeing the true nature of the threat revealed, quickly prepares and casts a spell to protect the minds of himself and his companions

Casts: Protection from Evil, Communal. Duration approx 15 rounds each.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina moves to a position that will affect as many of the vampires as possible then channels energy

Damage

4d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 4) = 10 Dc 14 will for half


I think if I understand the initiatives and timeframe correctly that Sykala is just starting her Summon Natures Ally IV, this round. So she will take a five foot step into the wall/floor/ceiling (whatever is closest) to protect her from being interrupted.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius shoots a ray at one of the vampires, moving to within 30 feet if possible.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
fire damage: 4d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2, 1, 3) + 4 + 1 = 17


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid mutters to himself as he readies shield and axe. I don't really see him having had those in hand all this time, but if he gets credit for drawing them while the vampires were still in mist form, he will ready an attack when one gets within reach.


I am going to be out of town (at GENCON WHOOHOO!) til next Monday so please DMPC Sykala until then. Thanks!

P.S. She intends to come out of the wall cast Strongjaw (basically doubles the rolled damage dice for the summoned critter) on her newly summoned tiger (large critter so it should be able to reach the ceiling and also has pounce) and have it pounce the closest (to her) vampire and tear it to shreds.


We're in the archives?! ::pulls pbp out of archives::


Sorry for the delay. We've had guests from overseas and I've been really out of it as well.

The three creatures are on the ceiling right around the party, so it is easy to get within range. I'm not quite sure who is where in relation to the door in the ceiling other than Korian being up in the chamber, Ixius being underneath it, and Sykala being in the floor. The creatures have made sure to be intermingled among you to avoid area weapons.

The creatures shiver and hiss in response to Refina's channeling. One shrieks when it is hit by Ixius' ray.

The creatures focus their wrath on the three that seem now the greatest danger: Korian, who has cast spells and is in the room above; Refina, who has channeled energy at them; and Ixius who did some significant damage.

All of you receive the bonuses from Protection from Evil.

The three undead lunge at their targets, but none of them manage to strike successfully.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid was beneath the opening boosting the sorcerer up, so if Ixius is on the floor with him, Ovirid is a step to one side. I'll let the DM decide what side made the most sense.

It's not the dwarf's turn, but are any of the monsters in reach after their action?


I'll wait to see the results of Korian's and Refina's actions before attacking with the tiger.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Oh Sorry! Didn't realize Korian was up! For some reason didn't get a new message blip on the Campaigns page

Korian backs away from the vampire and calls up powerful magic, greatly speeding up his allies. He also pulls out a wand of scorching ray from his haversack.
Casts Haste on everyone (not baddies)
Cast Defensively DC21: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 (I believe it's auto-success for Korian with a 3rd level spell, but here's the roll anyway)

Meanwhile tracking it's foe, the air elemental continues it's attack on the vampire nearest Korian
Slam Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24 Air Elemental AC17 HP15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Haste Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19 Air Elemental AC17 HP15
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Haven't included the minuses for level drain...


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina again channels aiming to get as many as possible

4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 3) = 17 Dc 14 will for half


Not sure where the tiger will fit but she'll try and go for the closest to her. If that doesn't work than one of the others.

Casts Strongjaw on Tiger.

Tiger claw #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 7) + 8 = 23

Tiger claw #2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 5) + 8 = 20

Tiger bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 4) + 8 = 20

Tiger Rake: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15

Tiger Grapple claw #1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Tiger Grapple claw #2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Tiger Grapple bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29

Tiger claw #2 possible crit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12

Not sure what to make of the fanged humans hanging from the walls, Sykala summons a nasty tempered feral feline from the wilds to take care of the threat.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius claws back at the creature that lunged at him.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Hasted Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:
Ovirid was beneath the opening boosting the sorcerer up, so if Ixius is on the floor with him, Ovirid is a step to one side. I'll let the DM decide what side made the most sense.

Now it's the dwarf's turn. Are any of the monsters within reach?


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Have I missed something?


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Well, I really don't have a good picture of the relative positions of the different characters or bad 'uns. I guess I will do it this way:

Ovirid moves to engage the closest vampire, preferably by flanking, and attacks. He forgoes the shield bash and fights cautiously using Combat Expertise for an AC of 24 this round with the throwing axe. If there are two vampires within 5', he would give preference to the one Ixius is fighting at this point. Note, these rolls do not assume the +2 from the flank.

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sneak Attack 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Sneak Attack 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Haste attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Attack 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Confirmation roll for crit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13


Well, it's been over a week and no word from Tarren. I haven't seen him post anywhere. I hope he's ok. Actually, it's been about three weeks since he has posted anything.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Ya hope so too!

4,651 to 4,700 of 4,710 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.