Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

This PbP started with Entombed with the Pharaohs and continues with The Pact Stone Pyramid. Many of the characters travelled to Osirion after completing a PbP based on River into Darkness.


4,551 to 4,600 of 4,710 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

I'll allow Sykala's Perception check (or the Perception check of anyone else who wants to make one) to do the trick. So far, the song sounds good, but she has an intersection to take.


I thought of that too and was ready to go into gaseous form if following along the edge of the tube didn't work. She'll guide her companions down the other tube that does not dead end in sand. I'm assuming that is the correct one as it is the only other one going someplace we haven't been. If that doesn't sound right to her then she'll try leading down the other tubes until she gets the right song.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina will follow Sykala's lead


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

As will Korian


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

When Korian imbibes his potion and disappears into the pipe, Ovirid will motion for Ixius to follow, preparing to do the same.

When Ixius quaffs his potion, Ovirid will do so. Ovirid will follow the others.


Sykala is able to lead Refina to the pipes that make the appropriate song. Refina comes out in a 10 ft. wide corridor. It's difficult for her to see anything in the darkened corridor. Beneath the exit for the song tube is a small pool full of liquid. It looks identical to the pool above.


Sykala warily searches the place to see if any more bloodthirsty sword wielding ladies are lurking about.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina takes a mon=ment to refill her potion bottle. "Do you think the others will be able to follow us?" She asks Sykala


Sykala sees that the 10 ft. wide corridor continues for about 30 ft. before turning to the south. Does she go along alone?


No, no, she was just checking the destination room out. No further.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

So are we boys all on our own without the girls? I thought it was understood we were all going together? Would be pretty foolish to do otherwise, especially considering how we've fared in here so far


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

That depends on how long you took with your experiment. I suspect it need not have taken all that long.


It sounds like Sykala is waiting for you guys to catch up. Anyone who wants can make the journey through the song tubes to the corridor where Sykala and Refina are.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

That's Ovirid's plan, but he's remaining near the two spellcasters. It bugs him that the party is separated again, but he's certainly not haring off without Korian after the last time he was alone.


Korian Allande wrote:
So are we boys all on our own without the girls? I thought it was understood we were all going together? Would be pretty foolish to do otherwise, especially considering how we've fared in here so far

I know that Sykala certainly wanted to keep everyone together and assumed you were sticking with the plan and following her. I'm not sure she realizes you are not there until she reaches her destination (can she tell how many gaseous forms are following her or does it simply look like mist behind her?). If she can tell, then no she would wait til everyone was with her. If she can't you are going to find a very upset druidess on the other end. Korian's sudden need to do experiments is not what she expected but now understands that she should have.


We'll wait for everyone to catch up, unless there is anyone who didn't intend to go. Otherwise, you get back together down below. Sykala can distinguish the different gaseous forms, particularly if you intend to make yourselves distinguishable. Let's assume you do.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Once in the new area, Korian resumes solid form and detects magic on the pool while studying it, trying to determine it's properties.


Korian very quickly comes to the conclusion that this pool is identical to the one from which he took the potions of gaseous form.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid will remain in gaseous form once he and Ixius issue forth from the song tube. He will wait to see out the other members of the party with to proceed.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Not knowing for how long or how many more times they will have be in gaseous form, Korian begins to fill as many empty vessels as he has with more of the liquid, explaining his actions to the others and suggesting they do the same.

If none do, or once all are ready, he again quaffs a dose of the liquid and follows Sykala wherever she leads.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid wills the gaseous form effect to end after floating down to the floor. He fills the vials that he has available, as well, following Korian's example.


From your previous experience, you now know how much liquid is necessary to make a dose. It's watered down compared to most potions, but you can get the same effect by drinking a larger quantity. (We'll say it takes a full two rounds to chug enough of the stuff.) I believe you can draw or drink 8 vials of gaseous form from here. I'll assume you have enough vials or other containers.


Waiting for the others to fill their flasks and bottles Sykala takes time to examine the floor and walls until the bend. Once they are ready she looks around the corner and leads the expedition further.


The floor and walls are made of the same material as the rest of the structure has been.


Ok, around the corner it is...


Sykala sees that the 10 ft. wide corridor continues quite a ways after it turns south. She estimates it continues 80 ft. A smaller corridor branches off to the east after only about 10 ft. She sees nothing of danger in the corridor.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina follows Sykala


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

"Th' girls be leavin'. Get cher backside movin', bot' o' you." j/k

Ovirid heads forward with the ladies, but he won't let the two male casters out of his sight. If he can't see both pairs of allies, he will ask the girls to wait.


The girls ARE waiting but getting impatient.

Sykala cautiously creeps up to the smaller corridor and looks in.


Sykala:
Sykala sees a small room with two rows of stone benches. On the back wall are lined 6 pairs of what look to be metal sandals with chains instead of leather straps.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Already indicated Korian is following Sykala


The druidess waves the others to approach and examines the floor on the way over to examining the benches and sandals.

She takes a 20 as we are not in any rush. She'll also detect magic on the room and it's contents. If no danger presents itself she'll pick up a pair of sandals.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Korian Allande wrote:
Already indicated Korian is following Sykala

So you did, sorry. Assuming Ixius is doing the same, Ovirid will play rearguard, watching everyone's backs.

When he comes 'round the corner, the dwarf grunts, "D'ye see any wide 'nuff fer dwarven feet?"


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius indeed follows Sykala with Korian.

"Metal sandals? What do you think they are for?"


Sykala finds no sign of magic. The sandals are extremely heavy. It would be difficult to walk normally while wearing them.


Sykala shrugs but hands each of you a pair all the same. She doesn't keep a pair for herself as she is constantly flowing into and out of the stone walls and floor at this point. She'll search the walls, ceiling, and floor for secret doors as you all examine and experiment with them.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid tries to see if they will fit over his normal footwear, adjusting chain length and such.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina does likewise fitting them over her greaves

"Well I'm assuming this is to bypass some sort of trap a pressure plate maybe?"


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Looking around at everything visible, Korian tries to puzzle out what the shoes could be for.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Int check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


You find no indication in this room what the metal sandals could be for. They are heavy and slow you down. (Anyone going speed 30 ft. will now go speed 20 ft.; anyone going speed 20 ft. will now go 15 ft.) You can fit them over your footgear easily.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

I have to ask - does this include those of us with the 'Slow and Steady' racial trait?


Ovirid: Nope. Your speed is "never modified by armor or encumbrance", so I guess not.


Female Human Cleric 7

Once attatched Refina decides to have a look down the next hallway


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Having no clue as yet what the sandals are for, Korian nevertheless puts them over his footwear and indicates to Sykala for her to lead on


The corridor continues to the south about 50 ft. or so. Is Refina going alone?


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Not if Ovirid can help it. "'old up, lass. Let me join ye."

He looks at the others to a) see if they are also following and b) see that they are staying together at least.


Female Human Cleric 7
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

The corridor continues to the south about 50 ft. or so. Is Refina going alone?

No she waits for the others


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Are my posts not showing up for you somehow Tarren?


Sykala is definitely leading with her. Yes, I think we are all sticking together at this point unless someone states otherwise.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Don't know why, but I missed your post the first time, too, Korian.

So it sounds like the girls are proceeding down the hall with the guys following. Ovirid can/would take rearguard if the party wishes.

4,551 to 4,600 of 4,710 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.