Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

This PbP started with Entombed with the Pharaohs and continues with The Pact Stone Pyramid. Many of the characters travelled to Osirion after completing a PbP based on River into Darkness.


4,251 to 4,300 of 4,710 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

"Lass, ye oughta be standin' back. Ah might need ye t' be diggin' me out 'ere 'n a moment."

Ovirid will take his light pick (once Refina backs away) and tries to scratch the surface of the sand, preferably as high as he can reach, ready to jump back if it starts to fall in.


Sykala stalls Ovirid's attempt to disturb the sand and gives him a stony frown. She points to herself and then the sand. Assuming he stays his hand she will sink through the floor and come out ten feet beyond where the sand walls edge is.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina does back away a bit


Sykala only:
Sykala, make a DC 15 Will save. If you fail, roll 1d4.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid will definitely let the druid do her thing.


Tarren:

Spoiler:
Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 What the heck is it with me and will saves?
1d4 ⇒ 1


Sykala only:
Sykala is overcome by a the deepest, darkest thoughts she's ever felt. Never in her entire life has she felt such a thirst for power. She knows that it is an effect of the room she is in. She does not know whether the effect will remain if she leaves. She wants it to remain.

Sykala, the room works like a helm of opposite alignment. Since you are neutral, I had you roll a 1d4 to determine which alignment you shifted to. The order of possible effects followed the order in the list for the description for a helm of opposite alignment. I'm happy to report that order was "(LE, LG, CE, or CG)". If you feel capable of playing lawful evil Sykala, you can. Otherwise, I will take over. Go be evil.


Tarren:

Spoiler:
First of all, OMG! Secondly, you can send me further "character only" info regarding this at Nyarlathotep9@aol.com to keep it outside of the thread. Lastly, description of the room??


Sykala comes back through the floor rubbing her forhead as if in deep troubled thought but upon seeing both Ovirid and Refina she quickly raises her hand to ward them off from the sand wall while shaking her head vigorously.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

"Right, 'en. No t' th' sand. Le's see 'at be behind th' door, 'en. Korian! 'r ye done feelin' sorry fer yerself yet? Ye 'r gonna 'ave t' thank 'at strange fellow if'n we be seein' 'im ag'n. Wit' no scroll, we 'd 'ave no Korian."

I don't think we specifically asked, but I'm assuming the sword is not 'held' in the stone like a statue, but actually amidst the flow of stone. Is that right? Or does it look like the sword could be separated from the stone? Not that I'm sure I want to do such a thing...


It looks like the stone reached up and grabbed the sword. It cannot be withdrawn easily, which is what the stone seemed to intend.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

After a moment Korian looks up at the Dwarf, pain, confusion and a soul numbing weariness in his voice as he says simply "I was dead"


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina seeing the warning from the druid decides to leave the chamber alone.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Korian Allande wrote:
After a moment Korian looks up at the Dwarf, pain, confusion and a soul numbing weariness in his voice as he says simply "I was dead"

"Better men 'an ye 'r dead, too, 'n 'ey dinnae get a chance t' come back." He leans down into the shell-shocked young man's face. "Th' point 's, man, 'at ye're n' dead now. If'n we stay 'ere t' long, ye 'ill be dead ag'n - along wit' th' rest o' us. We need ye back, lad, 'n we need ye t' 'ave yer wits, too."


There are still other doors to the east. To the west is a short corridor that ends in a mosaic of a firefly and a firefly. The pipe you came in from is in the ceiling.

In short, you have options other than the wall of sand Sykala warned you away from.


Female Human Cleric 7

"Try some doors next?" Refina suggests


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ah, I was mixed up. I thought we had a single door or a wall of sand to choose from.

Looking toward the west, the dwarf asks, "'at d'ye think a firefly 'd mean t' th' pharoahs?"

Knowledge check (Pharoah history) 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


Ovirid:
The firefly was an Osirion symbol of beauty and good fortune.


The agitated lil druidess steps up to Korian and hits him hard in the arm with a little stony fist.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

"Y' know, Ah saw 't said th' firefly be a symbol of beauty 'n fortune. D'ye think 't means somethin' down 'ere or 'r 'ey just makin' 't purty? Usin' 't fer decor?"

Does the idea of this being decoration seem out of line with what we've seen in the pyramid thus far?


Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:

"Y' know, Ah saw 't said th' firefly be a symbol of beauty 'n fortune. D'ye think 't means somethin' down 'ere or 'r 'ey just makin' 't purty? Usin' 't fer decor?"

Does the idea of this being decoration seem out of line with what we've seen in the pyramid thus far?

Most of the art in the temple seems to communicate something. A lot of the images connect with other images to express a sentiment. If this stands out in any way, it is because it doesn't connect with other symbols and seems mostly decorative.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

In response to the dwarf Korian merely looks up at him, a hopeless and distant expression on his face. But after a while, he does finally sigh and slowly gets to his feet. It still seems as if he's talking more to himself though as he mumbles "My wits...my wits seem to have fled me...I feel..less me"

It is not until the stony druidess punches him on the arm that Korian exhibits the first signs of life "Ow! What was that for? I was just dead you know!" he replies back in a raised voice while he rubs his arm.


Looking like she is going to do it again unless he gets moving Sykala glares defiantly up at Korian.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

As he sees her intentions Korian glares at the Druidess and points a finger at her, yelling "Don't you even think about it! I may be dowbn but I'm not out just yet! I've still got enough in me to make you sorry! So leave your stony hands off me!" before storming out of the room.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid chuckles. "Well done, lass."


With a slight smile the druidess gives Ovirid's beard a bit of a tug before following the mage out into the hallway.


Which way is Korian storming -- towards the double doors or towards the shaft near the firefly?


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina follows next to Korian.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

He chuckles some more. Louder, he says, "Keep 'n eye open fer traps m' friends." After looking to make sure we aren't leaving any gear behind, he hustles to catch up.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Firefly. And great job Sykala, that was exactly the kick the pants he needed ; )


The firefly mosaic is on the other side of a 5 ft. by 5 ft. opening. The shaft beneath the opening leads as far down as you can see.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Oh, it's a 5' wide corridor then? So no other obvious way around the shaft? Also, sorry, haven't gotten around to de-leveling Korian yet, but I will, I will. On a completely unrelated note, by way of a typo, I Just now realized, for the first time, that Korian's name is just two rearranged letters away from the name of an ex-girlfriend of mine from long ago. She looked nothing like him, being a tall, beautiful, blue eyed, blonde German lass. And her personality was nothing like him either as she was anything but fiery and was as sweet and gentle as could be, but still, interesting/odd, eh?

Oh! And oops! Forgot this important bit...

As the Druidess is leaving the room she suddenly feels something small around her feet. Looking down she sees Jinx nuzzling against her leg. Clearly pleased and appreciative, the weasel chitters happily at her some a few more moments before scampering off to, and up on, his master. Once perched on the mage's shoulder he looks back at Sykala again and, if she hadn't thought it impossible, she would swear the small predator was actually smiling at her.


lol, and here I thought Jinx might bite her.

The druidess stops suddenly in pleasant surprise and all tension about her seems to melt away as she smiles broadly to herself. The little weasel's approval strangely important to her in a way that her bipedal companions can never embody. Glancing down the shaft she points to herself and then the shaft with a questioning expression.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

"Aye, lass, if'n ye can, see 'ow far 't goes. If'n 't be more 'n 100 feet wit' n' openin' 'n th' side, 't might no' matter." Looking at the others, he asks, "D'ye want 'er t' keep lookin' if'n 't go further wit' no exit?"


Sykala glides through the stone down the shaft but keeps her head exposed so she can see what is up ahead.

Since we're not in a rush she'll take a 20 (total 35) perception as she heads down looking for traps.


The hallway is 10 ft. wide. There is room on either side of the entrance to the shaft that would allow you to get closer to the mural of the firefly.

The shaft descends for 100 ft. It ends in a room with many wide corridors coming off of it. At the bottom of the shaft is a statue of a firefly almost identical to the one in the mural above.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid will attempt to get closer to study the mural, watching out for traps as he does.

Perception vs traps 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Ovirid does not detect any traps on the mural. He can see that someone has disturbed the dust on the tiles in a few places. A closer look reveals handprints.


Sykaka casts light on the firefly mural at he base of the shaft. She returns to the party and points to the mural here on the wall and then down the shaft.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Picturing an elevator here...

Ovirid studies the areas where the dust is disturbed to see if it's any different than the undisturbed tiles. Is there any sign that they can be depressed into the wall?


Ovirid can see that they have been touched. He sees no indication that they can be depressed into the wall. Would he like to try it?


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Korian moves over and, before Ovirid can touch anything, concentrates for a moment and casts detect magic on the tiles and the area around. He presses his hand to his head as if even the act of casting such a simple cantrip causes him to have a headache. But he says nothing and continues on with his task anyway.

When Sykala points out the Firefly statue at the bottom of the shaft, Korian merely looks, then nods his head in indication that he did see what she was pointing at.


It won't matter for your cantrips, but did Korian go through his spells? He has a 50% chance of losing any prepared spell when he is raised.

Korian sees that the tiles are clearly magical. His head throbs a bit but he soon discovers that the tiles use some kind of transmutation magic.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid will hold off on touching anything other than the floor for now.

"Whatcha think, lad?"


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Still haven't got around to adjusting him, but when I do, I'll take that into account and roll for lost spells.

The weary mage shares his findings with the others and then leans back against the wall (not the firefly one) to rest a bit while he massages his temples.


Well?


Female Human Cleric 7

"I'm going to try touching it" Refina leans foreward and places a hand on the mural


Refina feels something magical grabbing at her insides, changing her.

She can make a Will save to resist the effects or allow them to happen.


Female Human Cleric 7

Will save

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Refina succeeds on countering the nauseating effect. Whatever transformation was taking place has stopped.

4,251 to 4,300 of 4,710 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.