Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

This PbP started with Entombed with the Pharaohs and continues with The Pact Stone Pyramid. Many of the characters travelled to Osirion after completing a PbP based on River into Darkness.


351 to 400 of 4,710 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Seeing the majority of spells are flying toward the ambushers and not from them, Sykala maintains her circling above the fray trying to determine just how many assailants there are.


Sykala wrote:
Seeing the majority of spells are flying toward the ambushers and not from them, Sykala maintains her circling above the fray trying to determine just how many assailants there are.

The assailant on the roof takes a step back from the ledge and is out of view.

Sykala sees:

Spoiler:
There is only one assailant on the roof. Looks to be a man. He takes a step back from the ledge and disappears.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Initiative order I think:

20 Asim
16 Korian
14 Ixius
07 Ovirid
05 Ambusher on roof

?? Sykala

Ovirid readies his shield and moves (drawing his throwing axe) to the side of the street indicated by Korian, bringing the Crook Bearer's men with him if they haven't moved to join the others. "Asim, wouldja be any chance 'ave any one 'at might be fer 'oldin' a grudge agin ye? 'ould yon mage be attackin' ye 'r 's 'e attackin' th' group? Someone needs t' be fer watchin' t' see if'n 'at mage tries agin, but Ah'm fer thinkin' we continue on 'r way."

Ovirid will keep scanning the street for additional threats, especially from the building where he thought he spotted someone, but he says nothing about his suspicions just yet.

[dice]1d20 + 11[dice]

Scarab Sages

Male Human Living Monolith 1 Fighter 5

Asim turns to Orivid for a second before resuming his scan of the street, calling over his shoulder. "Of course friend Dwarf, there could be many of my father's old Black Market friends who do not like my interruption of their work, so it is entirely possible that I am the target. given the timing though, I would assume otherwise."


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:
1d20 + 11

Bah, that's what I get for not proofing my post.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:
Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:
1d20 + 11

Bah, that's what I get for not proofing my post.

Perception 1d20 + 11

Again, Ovirid glimpses someone who looks vaguely familiar but he is blending into the panicking crowd that is surging down side streets away from the confrontation.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

"I agree" states the young mage, obviously angry yet still clam and collected [b]"I see no point in remaining sitting darwicks like this. I say we, with all due caution, make our way back to the lodge."

Turning to face the large warrior in the street he raises he voice slightly as he concludes with "But of course I defer to your greater experience in these matters Asim. Lead us where you think best and we shall follow."

Although constantly scanning for any further threats, Korian is putting the majority of his attention though on keeping a very close eye on the guard carrying the mask
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Korian Stats:

Spoiler:

HP: 49 AC:13(17) T:12 F:12(16) CMD:13
Perception:+10 (+11 vs traps) Initiave:+1
Saves: Fort:4 Ref:6 Will:10 (+1 Ref vs traps)
Attack: Melee:MW ShortSword +3,1d6,19-20X2 Ranged:MW LightCrossbow,+4,1d8,19-29/x2
Spells: Cantrips 4/4, 1st 4/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 Plus: Acid Dart 8/8 1d6+2
Current Spells/Effects:
Mage Armor (1hr)

Btw, Does anyone know of any handy online sites for pre-made (copy & pasteable) summoned monster stats?


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Again, Ovirid glimpses someone who looks vaguely familiar but he is blending into the panicking crowd that is surging down side streets away from the confrontation.

Same vaguely familiar face or a new one? Anything I can do to see if it comes to him?

Ovirid squints, gazing into one of the side streets, N' where woulda 'ave seen 'at 'un afore? Mebbe summun from the auction?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Living Monolith 1 Fighter 5

"I can see nothing else forthcoming at this point. I agree with you that it be best we try and make our way back to the lodge with all due haste. Orivid, Ixius. Keep an eye on those Guards and don't let them out of your sight. Korian, I will get you to bring up the rear and keep your eyes peeled for anything else out of the ordinary. I can only hope that our Druid friend is out there keeping an eye on us from above."


Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:
Same vaguely familiar face or a new one? Anything I can do to see if it comes to him?

Nope. [maxwell smart]You missed it -- your perception check -- by that much.[/maxwell smart] You saw something but you don't know what.


Vexed, Sykala circles on high for awhile still shadowing the party from a distance staying alert for any further danger.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

"She is there, I am sure of it." Ixius says and follows the rest to the lodge, carefully watching for any trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Although clearly not thrilled with his more vulnerable position at the rear of the group, the young mage nevertheless understands the importance of keeping the mask safe. Drawing his shortsword and keeping his eyes peeled for danger, Korian readies a spell to protect himself should there be any further attack. To his Dwarven friend ahead of him he whispers
'If I should disappear from sight, don't worry, I'll still be with you. It'll just be me going invisible for defense'
Readies to cast invisibility at the first sign of attack

On his shoulder, a tiny pointed head sticks itself out out a fold of his Keffiyah, nose sniffing around for anything that may endanger it's master.
Jinx using Scent ability

Korian's Correct Stats:

Spoiler:

HP: 49 AC:13(17) T:12 F:12(16) CMD:13
Perception:+10 (+11 vs traps) Initiative:+5
Saves: Fort:4 Ref:6 Will:6 (+1 Ref vs traps)
Attack: Melee:MW ShortSword +3,1d6,19-20X2 Ranged:MW LightCrossbow,+4,1d8,19-29/x2
Spells: Cantrips 4/4, 1st 4/5, 2nd 5/5, 3rd 4/4 Plus: Acid Dart 8/8 1d6+2
Current Spells/Effects:
Mage Armor (30min?)


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

bump


Yes, sorry, distracted and waiting to see if anyone had anything else to say or do.

The party continues through the city without incident until you are right in front of the Pathfinder Lodge. As you approach, you see a woman struggling with a hulk of a man. The woman is Neferet and the man is trying to grab from her a scroll case.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

All of my games were ghost towns all weekend -- I figured it was the holiday season and sat here fidgeting for my fix. ;-)

"ere, now! 'at's nu way t' be treatin' a lady!" The still-armed dwarf will jog toward the two, but will refrain from attacking until he knows what's going on. He will tuck his axe into his shield hand for the moment as a sign that he doesn't plan to use it immediately.

Remembering that her "proof of trustworthiness" involved the retrieval of something that someone might want back if she was caught....


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Could have sworn I posted a response to this twice already...grumble eaten posts grumble

(Assuming the man is Not known to Asim or Korian)
Readying to cast Grease on the scroll case itself, Korian steps up beside Orivid saying
"Yes indeed Fellow. This woman is known to us so I suggest you desist your actions immediately and explain yourself."
If they keep struggling or if one of them tries to take off with the case Korian will cast his spell on it. Ref DC16 to hold onto it

(If the man Is known to us)

Spoiler:

"Here now my man, what is going on here?" the young mage inquires, casting a stern looking on the troublesome young woman.


When Korian and Ovirid challenge the man, he hesitates and then pushes Neferet and the scroll case to the ground and begins to run off. You do not recognize the man. Seems like just a common thug.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
When Korian and Ovirid challenge the man, he hesitates and then pushes Neferet and the scroll case to the ground and begins to run off. You do not recognize the man. Seems like just a common thug.

Ovirid follows the man at a trot just long enough to verify that he's not doubling back and to see which way he goes. At any rate, he'll stay in sight of his friends.

Checking for others that might have been in on the assault with the thug:

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Ixius picks up the scroll case and hands it to Neferet, looking at it nonchalantly while he does so.

"Did he hurt you?"


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Offering a hand to help the beautiful scholar off the ground, Korian echos Ixius' question saying "Yes, are you well? And what was that all about?"


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Tarren:

Spoiler:
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 to see if I think everything was as it appeared. As in, was he really attacking her or was he putting on a show for our benefit at her request. Yes, I'm suspicious.

EDIT: However, Ovirid is oblivious and angered by the plight of our damsel in distress.


Ovirid Thorvirson wrote:

Tarren:

** spoiler omitted **

I'm sure your dice will roll properly when it really matters.

Neferet holds the scroll case out in front of her. "I told you I could get a scroll from the library of the Ruby Prince! Someone must have seen the royal insignia and recognized its value!"

She then realizes she's just blurted out on the street that she's committed a crime that could get her arrested. "Can we go inside now," she asks, looking around nervously.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Sighing internally and deciding to put aside his suspicions for now, Korian smiles politely as he says "Well, I suppose the least we can do is get those dirty clothes of yours cleaned up while we take a look at your scroll."

And with a gesture, Korian will lead the others into the lodge and to a private room where they can rest, get refreshments and talk before beginning on their journey.

Terran, as Neferet had been supposed to meet the group at the false store front, not in front of the Lodge, as she shouldn't even know where it is, I'm just wondering if that was an oversight on your part, or an indication of something more suspicious which Korian may realize as he sits bolt upright in bed one night ;-)

Ovirid

Spoiler:

Korian would like to confront Neferet about her resemblance to the statue at some point, but since your holding on to it, I'm happy to have you do it. And then, unless you'd rather not, he'd like to smash it finally to see if there's anything inside as he's suspected all along.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Korian Allande wrote:

Sighing internally and deciding to put aside his suspicions for now, Korian smiles politely as he says "Well, I suppose the least we can do is get those dirty clothes of yours cleaned up while we take a look at your scroll."

And with a gesture, Korian will lead the others into the lodge and to a private room where they can rest, get refreshments and talk before beginning on their journey.

Terran, as Neferet had been supposed to meet the group at the false store front, not in front of the Lodge, as she shouldn't even know where it is, I'm just wondering if that was an oversight on your part, or an indication of something more suspicious which Korian may realize as he sits bolt upright in bed one night ;-)

Ovirid
** spoiler omitted **

Korian

Spoiler:
Ah, I don't think I retained the statue. I presumed that I had to leave it behind with the Crook Bearer as it had no obvious relationship to our real request. Tarren, does Ovirid still have the statue? As for Neferet, Korian is welcome to ask her about it, but Ovirid would like to be present.

Tarren, could you comment on the spoilered conversation? (Just in case you weren't going to look, anyway.)


Tarren:

Spoiler:
From her high vantage point Sykala will try and follow the thug to see where he is going and to see maybe if he is part of the group that attacked us previously.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Ovirid/Terran

Spoiler:
Ah, perhaps you missed it but Korian had specifically indicated that us getting to keep the statue had to be a part of the deal. Since Ovirid was already carrying it, I just assumed that he continued doing so...?

As for Neferet, Korian will ask her then and will be happy for Ovirid's presence. He'll ask her in front of everybody in fact.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Korian Allande wrote:

Ovirid/Terran

** spoiler omitted **

Korian/Tarren:

Spoiler:
Indeed I did, happy to provide it to you when the time for the confrontation comes.


Re: The statue. Okay, Ovirid has it but the Crook Bearer wants a detailed recap of how Neferet responds when confronted it. Also, he wants it back and his men get to hold onto it.

Sykala:

Spoiler:

The man darts through side streets and alleys for a couple of blocks and meets up with that Chelaxian from the auction. The Chelaxian gives him a small purse of coin.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Living Monolith 1 Fighter 5

Sorry all, work has been Hell again this week... I am a good boss, why does everybody with the slightest hint of experience keep quitting on me. :(

Asim begins to start off after the man, but realizes that all of them would never be able to follow him thorugh the busy streets and so gives up and returns to the party after a short distance, not wanting to confront him alone in case he has allies hanging around.
"What happened and why was this man trying to accost you," he asks Neferet, missing the previous conversation.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Asim Hassona wrote:

Sorry all, work has been Hell again this week... I am a good boss, why does everybody with the slightest hint of experience keep quitting on me. :(

Asim begins to start off after the man, but realizes that all of them would never be able to follow him thorugh the busy streets and so gives up and returns to the party after a short distance, not wanting to confront him alone in case he has allies hanging around.
"What happened and why was this man trying to accost you," he asks Neferet, missing the previous conversation.

"Asim, lad, we 'r fer takin' th' talk inside t' be fer gettin' t' th' bottom o' a few things." He looks at Korian significantly.

Korian: So you are bringing the Crook Bearer's men into the lodge, as well?


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Korian nods at Asim and Ovirid and continues to hold the door open for them to head inside.

Ya, it's my assumption that the Crook Bearer is connected and knowledgeable enough to most likely know all about the Society already anyway. And besides, who ever worries about low-level NPC goons? =D
But Tarren, does this mean we Don't get to smash the statue?? Awwwww!


Asim Hassona wrote:

Sorry all, work has been Hell again this week... I am a good boss, why does everybody with the slightest hint of experience keep quitting on me. :(

Asim begins to start off after the man, but realizes that all of them would never be able to follow him thorugh the busy streets and so gives up and returns to the party after a short distance, not wanting to confront him alone in case he has allies hanging around.
"What happened and why was this man trying to accost you," he asks Neferet, missing the previous conversation.

Holding the scroll case aloft, Neferet explains to Asim, "This! Korian didn't trust me. He wanted me to prove that I was who I said I was. So I retrieved this from the palace archives. Now do you believe that I am a researcher in Sothis?"

Neferet unrolls a scroll written in modern Osirion that discusses the Four Pharoahs of Ascension and their magical pact: through a series of spells, they bound their life forces together, ensuring that if one died, the others would die as well. It is stamped with a seal that she points to, "The seal of the chief advisor to the Ruby Prince."


Tarren:

Spoiler:
She will continue to shadow the Chelaxian. Did we ever get his name?


Sykala wrote:

Tarren:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:

I think you learnt his name was Paracount Julistar. If you didn't know, it would be easy enough to have found out.

The count continues for some distance and then enters a stone inn with a wide marble walkway and an enclosed garden oasis.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Just waiting to see if Sykala has joined us yet or has anything to add...?


Sykala:

Spoiler:

As Sykala flutters over the inn where the Paracount is staying, he walks out into the courtyard garden, ignoring the slaves who water the flowering plants, and pacing anxiously.

Soon, Esteban, enters and hands a small package to the Paracount who opens the cloth and looks inside. The Paracount grasps Esteban on one shoulder and beams. He lies upon a bench in the garden seeming very happy.


Tarren:

Spoiler:
Sorry for holding things up.
She watches the Paracount closely seeing if see can get a glimpse of what is in the cloth bag and for an opportunity to swoop down and snatch it from its resting place if she can get away with it. After all he just tried to steal from us didn't he? Anything that Esteban had dealings with did not sit well with her.
Feel free to make any necessary rolls to speed things up. If no opportunity presents itself she will return to the others.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Looking around for overly interested strangers or possible threats, the dwarf growls, "Ah'm fer thinkin' we shouldna be 'avin' 'is conversation inna street. 'et's be fer goin' in. Put 'at scroll away fer th' moment, lass."


Sykala wrote:

Tarren:

** spoiler omitted **

Sykala:

Spoiler:

After a Esteban leaves, the Paracount begins to examine the contents of the cloth bag quite carefully, using some sort of magical ritual as he does. Finally, he draws a ornate, feathered mask out, and places it over his face, lying back to stare at the sky.


Tarren:

Spoiler:
Not seeing an opportunity present itself and worse the man is even staring up at the sky, Sykala wings back to the rest of the group and transforms back from a bird when she arrives just after seeing if she can surprise and buzz Jinx.


Jinx must make a perception check as he enters the Pathfinder lodge.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

How does Spot convert to Perception? Is it direct? Jinx's Spot is +3, Int is 6, Wis is 12. And he has Scent. Feel free to roll it : )


Korian Allande wrote:
How does Spot convert to Perception? Is it direct? Jinx's Spot is +3, Int is 6, Wis is 12. And he has Scent. Feel free to roll it : )

Let's just use the +3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


As Korian and Ovirid finally usher the crew out of the public eye and into the courtyard of the Pathfinder lodge, a winged shape flies so close to Jinx that ancestral memories of birds of prey cause his little weasel balls to try to find a place to hide well the rest of him is paralyzed in fear. Ixius, however, recognizes Sykala even when she takes the form of a bird.


After landing on the floor the eagle gives a piercing screech and begins to shift back into the human form of Sykala. Feathers shrink and fade into skin or grow and separate into hair. After she is done she gives Jinx a wicked smile, "You need watch better." Focusing on the rest of the group, "Esteban....Pa-ra-count, have feather mask. I know where is."


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

"What!?" Ixius looks around for the guard that supposedly had the mask on him.


Ixius wrote:
"What!?" Ixius looks around for the guard that supposedly had the mask on him.

"That's ridiculous! It's right ...," the guard blanches as he pats down an empty leather bag.

I rolled all the perception checks for this fair and square. ;-)


Male Human (Half Varissian/Half Shoanti) Rogue/Sorcerer 2/2

Jinx tskses furiously at the Druid, both ashamed and angered that he had allowed her to cause him such a fright.

Equally furious, his tribal temper flaring up, Korian rounds on the man with the empty bag "You Fool! By Seth's Sagging Scrotum, you had ONE task! Of all the incompetent..." suddenly realizing though that this problem was likely several degrees above the man's pay-grade Korian immediately calms himself, his fury coming and vanishing as quickly as the tempests of his desert home. Or perhaps better said not vanishing exactly, but rather settling into a seething boil.

His tone much calmer, yet the anger still clear in his eyes he continues
"Nevermind, what's done is done and the thief was obviously skilled and likely used invisibility if they got past all of us unseen. Our focus now is on getting it back."

Turning to the shapeshifter and her companion Korian asks "Sykala, you shall have to lead us to where this mask is." and including Ixius he adds "And this Estaban of yours, perhaps now is the time to tell us of your relationship with him, or at least the highlights."

"As for you two" Korian barks, pointing at the guards "if you care for your jobs and perhaps your lives, I suggest you come with us and do all you can to get that damned mask back. Whatever it takes, we Must not let this Paracount enter the tomb before us."

Turning to his friends Korian finishes with "Asim, Ovirid, do either of you have anything else to add?"

You literally had me LoLing for poor little Jinx Terran. = D


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4
Sykala wrote:
After landing on the floor the eagle gives a piercing screech and begins to shift back into the human form of Sykala. Feathers shrink and fade into skin or grow and separate into hair. After she is done she gives Jinx a wicked smile, "You need watch better." Focusing on the rest of the group, "Esteban....Pa-ra-count, have feather mask. I know where is."

Tarren:

Spoiler:
Does this square with the "familiar" faces I saw when we were ambushed?

The dwarf does not say anything, just looks at the guard and his empty satchel, replaying the events of the trip back in his mind. Korian's question goes unheeded. At least until Tarren answers the spoilered question. ;-)

351 to 400 of 4,710 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.