Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Tomb of Horrors (4e) - Group 2, Part 2

Game Master Rev Rosey


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,926 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

What do I see down here?


Female Wood Elf Cleric / 2

Cloudbreaker

Lynore follows Lanthair down into the ship.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 Stealth


Female Tiefling Warlord/Infernal Strategist 18

"You." Arishat points to the nearest of her drillers. "Keep this going. And do it right, or I'll be seeing you later." She steps towards the intruder. "So who are you, and why are you down here yelling at people?"


Cloudbreaker:

Lanthair and Lynore peer into the darkness, groping their way furtively through the gloom. With the light from above, they can just see large numbers of crates. One appears to have been opened. The contents glow slightly.

The new arrival turns wild-eyed to Arishat as he takes in the performance team on the dock.

"I'm meant to be here! Alfie!," he calls to the other guard, "tell her I'm a guard."

"I'm yelling at you to get out of the way and clear the dock before that thing on the Maid breaks out."


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

Lanthair cautiously approaches the glowing crate to see what is inside or if there are any visible markings.


Maid:
Paging Barel

Cloudbreaker:
The glowing crate is clearly marked as dangerous and appears to contain egg-sacs. They pulsate unpleasantly.

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Maid:

I believe it's the Slaad's turn actually, Rev.


Eeesh. I posted it, I swear to goodness. It's gone completely. How bizarre. I will have to recreate. It sidled up, attacked Barel and missed, which was a good thing as it has nasty claws oozing goop.


Maid:

My post got eaten and I can no longer find any record of the rolls I made. Basically, the slaad attacked Barel and missed. I think it went something like this:-

Waiting for her head to clear, Raya contents herself with closing on the monster.

Flicking a contemplative gaze at the paladin, the Curse Slaad turns its immediate attention to Barel, clawing roughly at the dwarf and missing narrowly. Judging from the oozing matter attached to its claws, Barel has had a lucky escape.

MAID

Disablement checks (1/6) DC30

Barel
Thom
Raya
Curse Slaad


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

Does it match the description of Chloris' box?


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Barel swings back at the creature.

standard: rough strike--39 v AC
on hit: 37 damage and he is slowed UEMNT.

Sorry, I had more detail and that post got eaten also...probably the fault of my tablet, not paizo...probably!


Female Tiefling Warlord/Infernal Strategist 18

Cloudbreaker

"Yes, Alfie, tell us how the person ranting about an unnamed problem is a guard. It sounds so very plausible, doesn't it. I'm sure these fine gentlebeings," She waves in the direction of the githyanki, "are just waiting for people to stop watching them to release the whatever-it-is. It's not as if they've been here long enough to do that already, is it? Or, maybe the situation is under control after all. If something was going to break out or be released, why hasn't it already happened." She glances round. "Keep that line straight. No-one gets backs off a line of spear heads that point all over the place."


Major snag. Flickr has changed its editor and will now not allow me to update. I'm going to have to reload all my maps elsewhere. Grumpy.


Human

Ye gods and little fishes. This is insane. Flickr have replaced something editable with something non-editable. I could spit. Until I can get something sorted out, I can't update anything. I'm so very sorry.


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Good luck to you...that sounds very frustrating. As my grandfather used to say, "I'm so angry, I could spit fire and save matches!"...I feel sure he edited the original word into spit, but it still is applicable here! Get done when you can--Barel just has an angry frog dude staring him down...nothing new for him! ;)


Progress. I can't blank of map sections, so you will just have to pretend you can't see the bits you can't see. If that makes sense. An added bonus is that you may well be able to self-edit your positions, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Give it a try and let me know.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has had a good Easter.

Dock

Alfie pats the distraught Mervin on the back and turns to Arishat.

"No need to take that tone, miss. Alfie's reliable and if he says trouble is breaking out it is. We'll be doing our duty and clearing the dock of bystanders if you don't mind."

The gith sailors glance warily at each other, and turn towards the hold.

Cloudbreaker

The box agrees with Chloris's description of her wanted goods.

Maid

Barel's axe bites deep, damaging the raging Curse Slaad and causing it to spit forth a smaller version of itself.

Disablement checks (1/6) DC30

Thom
Raya
Curse Slaad
Slaad spawn 1
Barel

Freeport ships


Male Dwarf Warden/16
Rev DM wrote:
causing it to spit forth a smaller version of itself.

Oh Boy!! Sounds quite lovely!


Thom grimaces as he sees the Slaad replicate itself. "Raya, please snap out of it, Barel needs your help!"

Arcane to disable portal 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33


Dock

Alfie pats the distraught Mervin on the back and turns to Arishat.

"No need to take that tone, miss. Alfie's reliable and if he says trouble is breaking out it is. We'll be doing our duty and clearing the dock of bystanders if you don't mind."

The gith sailors glance warily at each other, and turn towards the hold.

Cloudbreaker

The box agrees with Chloris's description of her wanted goods.

Maid

Thom can't hide the panic in his voice as another slaad appears, but his arcane skill remains unerring. Reptilian eyes turn beadily towards him.

Primordial:
"Leave the door to chaos alone, orderly thing.

Disablement checks (2/6) DC30

Raya
Curse Slaad
Slaad spawn 1
Barel
Thom

Freeport ships


Thom calls out in the strange tongue of the Chaos beings,

Primordial:
"Tell you what. I will stop interfering with your portal if you leave this plane of existence immediately!"

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Slaad Fight

"Why are there two of them now?" She frowns as she moves to engage the smaller Slaad at 016.

Minor: Divine challenge smaller Slaad
Standard: Virtuous Strike
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 radiant damage.

Dwarven:

We might be able to push the big one back into the portal, then have Thom close it. Either way, I think we need to kill the small ones first.


Dock

Alfie pats the distraught Mervin on the back and turns to Arishat.

"No need to take that tone, miss. Alfie's reliable and if he says trouble is breaking out it is. We'll be doing our duty and clearing the dock of bystanders if you don't mind."

The gith sailors glance warily at each other, and turn towards the hold.

Cloudbreaker

The box agrees with Chloris's description of her wanted goods.

Maid

Primordial:

"Beneath the moongroves walks the crazed lord. His poetry is without parallel and he exhorts us to propagate with epic verse."

Leaving Thom to make what he can of the statement, the Curse Slaad keeps its attention on Barel, ignoring Raya even as she obliterates the smaller spawn.

Shift, claw at Barel. Roll a 3.

Disablement checks (2/6) DC30

Barel
Thom
Raya
Curse Slaad

Freeport ships

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Dwarven:

"Barel, you've got good reach with your vines. Stay behind me, and keep its notice, I'll take out the small ones."

This might actually be a pretty good tactic for us to use against solos, for reasons to be seen shortly...


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Ok, lets give it a try.
Barel takes Raya's suggestion, but not before taking a guardian form with extra long arms. He then steps back to give Raya more room before swinging his lengthened arm and hammer at the slaad.

Minor--Guardian form of oak sentinel (increase reach by 1)
Move--shift back one to O7 (I already did this on the map, lets see if it took).
Standard--thorn strike (melee reach 3): (4)+21 = 25 vs AC. On hit (yeah right!), (6)+13+3=22 damage.

Barel is so used to being the buffer between the bad guys and his team, that he is unnerved by Raya's suggestion and whiffs off-balance at the slaad. Chagrined, Barel mumbles apologetically at Raya, and tells himself to do better next time.


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

Is there a lid for the box? Anything we can close it up with to get it out of here?


Cloudbreaker

Lanthair sees that the lid has been roughly prised open. It would be possible to re-seal by some means or other.

What have you got in your pocketses, Lanthair and Lynore?

Lynore's quick senses alert her to approaching footsteps. You will have to move fast, or hide.

Maid

Plus side - map movement shows up fine. Minus side - Barel missed.

Barel's attack does little, but at least the slaad creates no more spawn.

Disablement checks (2/6) DC30

Thom
Raya
Curse Slaad
Barel (reach 2)

Freeport ships


Thom grimaces again. "Sounds like they want to stick around for a while. Looks like we need to extend a welcoming hand to them."

Arcane to disable portal 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33


Maid

Thom keeps his mind on the portal and weakens it a bit more.

Disablement checks (3/6) DC30


Raya

Curse Slaad
Barel (reach 2)
Thom

Freeport ships

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Raya stays guarded, watching for the Slaad's next move.

Delay until after Curse Slaad


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

"I don't think I have anything for this," Lanthair whispers. "Lynore, do you have a way to seal or tie this up? Quick..."


Maid

The Curse Slaad blinks gently and turns its attention to Thom.

Primordial:

"While there is honey still for tea, we shall spread our seed"

Chaos Bolt (Will). On hit target is dazed to end Curse Slaad's next turn.
1d20+21=29 v Thom. Hits. 1d20+4=5
5 damage to Thom and he is dazed to end Curse Slaad's next turn

Disablement checks (3/6) DC30

Raya
Barel (reach 2)
Thom - dazed to end Curse Slaad's next turn
Curse Slaad

Freeport ships

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Doh, Barel didn't mark it, did he? So much for what I wanted to try.

Raya frowns, quickly murmuring a prayer for Thom.
[/b]Immediate interrupt. Shield of Devotion[b]

Thom regains 14 HP, I gain +2 to strike the Slaad.

"No, monster, I am your foe. Leave him be."

Move: to R6 around the portal.
Standard: Enfeebling Strike.

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43
for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Cursed Slaad has -2 to attacks his next turn.

Minor: Divine Challenge Cursed Slaad


Female Wood Elf Cleric / 2

Cloudbreaker

Lynore pulls out some cloth from her disguise kit, and ties up the box with her silk rope.


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Oops. sorry Raya. I will fix it next time!

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Confusion happens, and it's just about impossible to say 'Mark it' in game. Closest I could come up with was saying 'Keep its notice"

Makes me wish I still had my fighter MC ability to help keep this thing from stepping away then ranged attacking.


Thom mutters to himself, "Jeez, don't these guys ever make sense?" even as his cohort steps in to save the wizard.

Immediate Interrupt: When you are targeted by a ranged or melee attack and the iron cohort is adjacent to you, the iron cohort becomes the attack's target instead.


Cloudbreaker

Lynore deftly wraps the box, forcing the lid down as the footsteps above come closer.

Maid

The Iron Cohort clanks slightly as it takes the hit meant for Thom.

Raya tries to remind the Curse Slaad of her importance and gets another spawn next to her for her pains.

Disablement checks (3/6) DC30

Barel (reach 2)
Thom
Curse Slaad - -2 attacks to end next turn; DCed by Raya
Spawn 2
Raya

Freeport ships


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Barel swings his hammer in a mightly arc at the boat hull in front of his feet, creating a mighty crash of thunder throughout the ship. He then steps up to confront the slaad one more time.

STANDARD--Shake the earth (Encounter--burst 4)--
slaad: (17)+22 = 39 vs fort
spawn: (11)+22 = 33 vs fort
on hit: (10,5)+11+3 = 29 damage

If spawn gone:
MOVE: to S6
MINOR: mark Slaad

If spawn not gone:
MOVE: to R7
MINOR: Mark Spawn

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

"Good hit, Barel."


Female Tiefling Warlord/Infernal Strategist 18

Dock
"I'm sure there's no need to clear the dock." Arishat puts herself between the would-be guards and the gangplank. She tries to project her voice further. "As I have pointed out, already, in a way that should be obvious to everyone, if there was something dangerous in the hold of the githyanki ship and it had any chance of breaking out, it would probably already ahve done so. And then probably caused them some damage before getting into the city." In a more normal tone she continues. "Besides, wouldn't you rather have a sizeable group of trained mercenaries and other hard cases around to back you up in case there was trouble?"


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

Lanthair grabs the crate and makes his way out as quickly as possible.


Dock

Alfie and Mervin look at each other.

"Could have a point, Merv. What's down there anyway?"

"A big gaping hole, a toad-thing and no crew. They got et."

Alfie blenches.

"I'm giving you permission to examine the area, miss. Now me and Merv will keep an eye on the perimeter and ... keep away any newcomers. Yes. Keep people away. At the edges."

He backs away, leaving Arishat in control of the field.

Cloudbreaker

As Lanthair and Lynore arrive back on deck, they are confronted by three Gith sailors.

"Practising a little thievery?" says the first, with a nasty smile.

Maid

Barel wipes out the latest spawn and moves alongside Raya as the Curse Slaad continues to ramble in primordial.

Primordial:
"They die like cattle, on the field of war. But we continue, born of chaos and completists to the core."

Disablement checks (3/6) DC30

Thom
Curse Slaad - -2 attacks to end next turn; DCed by Raya; marked by Barel
Raya
Barel (reach 2)

Freeport ships


Thom thinks to himself, That actually made sense...almost. even as he continues to work on the portal.

Arcane 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43
OOOH NICE!


Maid

Bolstered by the presence of his iron guardian, Thom makes deft work of preparing to close the portal. The Curse Slaad in the meantime moves past Raya and Barel and contemplates the door before kicking a hole in the wall.

It seems to consider the group of no further interest.

Barel and Raya get OAs as it ambles past.

Disablement checks (4/6) DC30

Raya
Barel (reach 2)
Thom
Curse Slaad - DCed by Raya; marked by Barel

Freeport ships

Silver Crusade

Female Human 18 Paladin/Heartwarder

Barel's mark overrode mine, by the way

Raya fumes as she slashes at the Slaad, "You're not leaving this ship!" She charges after the critter, her blade glowing brightly. "Thom, how much longer do you need?"

Valiant Strike OA
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32 for 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 radiant damage

Move to M7, provoking, with Barel's mark.

Castigating Strike
1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24 for 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 2, 1) + 9 = 19, and is marked on a hit.


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

"On the contrary. We're just making a delivery. We've been sent to retrieve these for the intended recipient. They are quite perishable," Lanthair says quickly.

Bluff 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Cloudbreaker

"You'll have to do a bit better than that if you want to lie to professionals"

A second gith merchant looks more closely at the box. Lynore's makeshift wrapping is starting to writhe a little as the egg sacs continue to pulse.

"If that's what I think it is, destroy it. Now."

He moves towards Lanthair.

Ath or Acro to avoid him please.


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Maid:
Barel swings his hammer at the passing slaad, landing squarely but weakly on his target.

AoO--MBA--(19)+22=41 vs AC, for (1)+13 +3=17 damage.


Male Dwarf Warden/16

Maid:
After Barel swings at Slaad's attempted departure, he moves forward to engage it one more time. He attempts to hold the creature in place by making the boat hull around himself mushy and muddy.

MOVE: to O7
STANDARD: Drown in mud (Close burst 1, target 1 creature)--(13)+21 = 34 vs AC,
on hit: (7,10)+11+3+6=37 damage and he is immobilized UEMNT
effect: Until the end of your next turn, the area of the burst counts as difficult terrain and any creature (other than you) in the area of the burst that takes damage falls prone.
Minor: Mark him again. (also reminder: -3 to hit other people when he is marked by Barel instead of -2).


Male Halfling Monk 18 / Ghostwalker

Cloudbreaker

Lanthair tries to employ his monk reflexes to avoid the giths. Acrobatics 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35

1,851 to 1,900 of 2,926 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of Horrors (4e) - Group 2, Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.