Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

To Worlds Unrambled

Game Master Scribbling Rambler


1 to 50 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Male Elder GM

Start


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Reporting for duty.


Male Elder GM

You awaken to the sensation of something damp and viscous covering your face and body. Your first reflex is to wrench two thin tubes from your nose and open your mouth to extract a small pipe, which apparently kept you from drowning in the thick gel now draining through the bottom of an enclosed cylinder supporting your upright body. A harsh light shines from above as you wipe more of this unknown substance from your face and eyes, and your muscles feel weak and uncertain as you push open a transparent window-like door to release you into the room beyond.

Nine similar cylinders greet your eyes, all arranged along the room’s four stone walls. Each cylinder appears constructed of a thick, durable, organic material except for the transparent doors which swing open from the front. Fibrous roots snake down from the 15-foot ceiling overhead, attaching to the top of these cylinders, and a metal plate bolted above them illuminates the room. To the north stands a door bereft of hinges or handles, while a green, three-inch circle slowly blinks on the wall next to it.

All 5 of you emerge from your cylinders at approximately the same time, clad in nothing but a tight loincloth. None of you have done your daily preparations for action (spells, seance), but you feel rested enough to do so if you find your equipment.

The other 4 cylinders suddenly open with a hiss, and 4 short dog-men emerge. They look around and one of them barks something at you in a language none of you know.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

"A..."

Thorthal takes a quick glance around.

"Whaur, ah. Main hae had too much tae drink lest nicht."

Thorthal clears his eyes and takes another look around.

"Or mebbe nae enough. Whaur ur we?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Well this might not be my most unnerving dream, but surely it has to be close. It's okay everyone it's just my dream and I am sure you won't be harmed."

Petronicus approaches the dog men and tries to speak to them in common.

"CAN YOU TELL US WHY WE ARE HERE?" He shouts in their faces.


Male Elder GM

The dog-men bare their fangs.

"Grrrr! Row-bow-yip-row!"

One points a finger at Petronicus.
"ROW-BOW-YIP-ROW!!"

Petronicus may make a Knowledge(local) check if he wishes. As may others.

Perception checks might be another useful idea.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Know Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lol.


Male Elder GM

Petronicus:
The dog-men look something like gnolls, but they're not gnolls.


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Medium Lvl:3 HP:24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 Init:+5

Bardos shrugs.

"Oh no. Not again!"


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"I'm not sure what they are but they are certainly agitated."

Petronicus readies his terror power if any of them take an offensive action.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

Morgrom clenches his fists and bears his own fangs in response to the dog-men.


Male Elder GM

With a snarl, the dog-men attack!

Petronicus essentially gets a surprise round to use his terror attack.

Morgrom initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Petronicus initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Bardos initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Thorthal initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Haer Kul initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Dog-men initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Petronicus
Thorthal
Dog-men
Haer Kul
Bardos
Morgrom
Petronicus

Anybody who hasn't already done so may make a Perception check.


Male Elder GM

Hmmm... I just realized that the dog-men are a bit bigger than I thought. They average about 5' tall.

Sovereign Court

Oh crap I thought they were just kobolds. Haha.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Actually it won't help to do so with no one in reach now that I look at the map.

I will wait until Thorthal moves in on mine to step in and activate terror.

(If it happens)

[Touch Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Sovereign Court

Nevermind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elder GM
The ShadowShackleton wrote:
Oh crap I thought they were just kobolds. Haha.

Silly Glen. Koobolds look like lizards.

Thorthal
Petronicus (readied to be ineffective)
Dog-men
Haer Kul
Bardos
Morgrom


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

Thorthal will move to beside Petronicus and attack the dog man.

Judo Chop, Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14Additional Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Edit: Non-lethal damage


Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Elder GM

Thorthal dashes across the room and strikes, sending the dog-man crumpling to the ground.

Morgrom:
There are a few poles with loops of rope attached to them leaning against the south wall. They're probably difficult to use as a capturing device, but they might work as an improvised club.
Morgrom also sees another tiny, sealed cylinder between the ones he and Thorthal came out of.

The other dog-men whine a bit, but move forward and bite at the closest party members.

bite vs Thorthal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
bite vs Thorthal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
bite vs Petronicus: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 251d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
confirmation: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 111d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

All three attacks hit, and Petronicus is grievously injured!

Haer Kul
Bardos
Morgrom


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Petronicus shrieks and blubbers.

"Oh it hurts! Is that, is that... my blood?"

He turns a light shade of green.


Male Half-Orc Warpriest Lvl:3 HP: 30 AC: 17/10/17 F: 7 R: 4 W: 8 Init: 1 Percep: 2

"Clubs on tha walls," Morgrom shouts and rushes to grab one.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul blinks. "My apologies gentlemen. My mind has been thousands of miles away."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2) = 14
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (1) = 17

DM:
Haer Kul has a rough understanding of what the dog men were saying (toddler level) from his xenopidgin campaign trait. (DC 15) Linguistics: 10 + 7 = 17.

If they're scared, he may not attack.


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul:
The dog-men look similar to gnolls, but are too small. Their tone seemed accusatory. It is somewhat difficult to read their expressions due to their muzzles, and it looks like they would not be able to speak most languages due to their mouth shape.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"Apparently, I will have to wait a little longer for my mind to return." #thankspaizodice

Haer Kul snaps his fingers to produce a flame. "Clubs are so crude."
He moves diagonally in front of Morgrom then straight ahead until he has flanked the left mini-gnoll with Thorthal.
Melee touch attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27, damage(fire): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26, more damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Whoa! #unsarcasticthankspaizodice
"I am sorry, friends. The burning hair will be rather unpleasant."


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul:
Your stated movement would provoke an attack, so I just moved you beside the dog-man for now. okay?

The dog-man lets out a piteous yowl and drops to the floor.

Bardos
Morgrom (Move action stated)
Thorthal
Blubbering Petronicus
Dog-men


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

Thorthal's Action:

Thorthal will kick at the two nearby dog men, preferring the one diagonal from him.

Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Flurry, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Flurry, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Elder GM

Petronicus:
Petronicus is feeling particularly panicked, as if there were some sort of magical fear effect on him, or some external source of fear were invading his mind.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Medium Lvl:3 HP:24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 Init:+5

((Bardos delays))

Sorry for the delay


Male Elder GM

Bardos pauses while Morgrom reaches out and grabs a catch-pole off the wall. Thorthal kicks at another of the dog-men, who grunts when one kick connects.

No change to map.
Does anybody else want to make a Perception check?

Petronicus
Bardos (delaying)
Dog-men


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

Petronicus reaches out to touch one of the dog men with madness and then 5'steps back behind Thorthal.

"The fear... the fear... overwhelming."

Touch of Madness: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Sovereign Court

Woo woo!


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

That provokes for Thorthal right?

AoO, Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Nonlethal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Edit: Not taking two weapon fighting penalties on AoO, attack roll should be +2, or 13


Male Elder GM

Thorthal strikes down the panicking dog-man (who had bitten Petronicus), and the remaining one backs away, whimpering.

Let's stay in initiative, for no particular reason.
Haer Kul
Bardos (delaying)
Morgrom
Thorthal
Petronicus
Dog-man


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Glub Glub Glub!!!"


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

To the dog-man: "Sit! Stay! Good boy."
And then to no one in particular. "We need to find our equipment, no? This attire will not do. And that may even tell us

Haer Kul will go over to the door, avoiding any threatening motions towards Rover. He will maintain his produce flame spell for now. He will examine the door for traps, then if none found, will see if he can figure out how to open it.

Perception(find traps w/inspiration): 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 10 + (6) = 27

next round:
Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
... well that's not promising


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elder GM

Haer Kul:
Haer Kul doesn't see any traps, but he does have an overwhelming urge to re-read the second paragraph of the 3rd post on this page. He also sees a cylinder similar to the one he came out of, but much smaller, on the southwest wall near Morgrom.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

DM:
Oh. Nine other cylinders. Not 9 total. I assume it is unopened? If so, on his turn he will move to it and examine it, and try to see inside. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13. #thankspaizodice


Medium Lvl:3 HP:24 AC:16/12/14 F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 Init:+5

"I never thought I would say this, but it's lonely without any spirits in my head. It's like my brain is nearly naked too." Bardos mutters a spell.

Detect Magic sweeping the area, starting in the direction of the doorway.


Male Elder GM

Haer Kul:
There were 9 cylinders which opened. There is a much smaller, sealed cylinder which Haer Kul just noticed with that Perception check.

Bardos detects magic in that direction, where Haer Kul stands with a flaming hand.


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Gentlemen would anyone perhaps have any means to stop this terrible bleeding?"

Petronicus looks very pale.


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

Haer Kul will use Perception(find traps): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 to try to before trying to figure out how to open it. ... the flame he's holding must help a lot ...


Male Elder GM

Constitution check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Morgrom
Thorthal
Petronicus
Dog-man
Haer Kul (stated)


Male Gnome Investigator Lvl:3 HP:25 AC:15(16)/13/13 F:+4 R:+5 W:+3 Init:+2 Perception:+10 low-light

"M. Alazario, this could be a Scuttles-sized container, no? Assuming the arthropod is not somewhere on your person? I decline to peer at these loincloths any more than strictly necessary."


Human Male Wizard Lvl:3 HP:19/19 AC:11/11/10 F:+2 R:+2 W:+4 Init:+1 Perception:+10

"Yes explore the tunnel scuttles! Find a way to get us out of here!"


Male Elder GM

Now that Haer Kul has drawn their attention to it, the rest of the group can see there is a much smaller cylinder attached to the wall near Morgrom. It is still sealed, but it the fluid inside seems to be agitated.

Sovereign Court

Oh I get it. We open the cylinder.


Male Dwarf Brawler Lvl: 3 HP:9/28 AC: 16(15)/12/14(13) F: +5 R: +5 W: +3 Init: +2 Perception: +8 MF: 4/4

Thorthal attempts to stabilized the badly burnt dog man.

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

1 to 50 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Worlds Unrambled All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.