Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


1,501 to 1,546 of 1,546 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"That fool girl has a bit of the north in her, that much is clear", Bjorn muses aloud.

"She can take care of herself but I agree. The further she gets away from Ravengro and the places we are going, the better."

"You don't think the Way will follow her to Caliphas? Their influence spreads as far as my homeland. What makes you think she'll be safe there?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Alexei nods at Harold and Bjorn's words. "I agree that she is old enough to decide for herself, but I completely understand your misgivings, Master Adrissant. After what we experienced in that awful place, I cannot assure you that if she did come with us that she would be safe. I will gladly attempt to convince her not to come with us, for her own good." The oracle looks tired, but his sincerity shows in his eyes. "Bjorn is correct, though, in that the Way's reach is long. You will have to keep an eye out for their activities, and remain wary, even when you return to Caliphas. They might not be everywhere, but that doesn't mean they don't have influence that reaches further than any of us would like. Just be careful. It is far too soon for Miss Kendra to be joining the Professor," the Sarenraen says, one of his hands balling into a tight fist.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Yea, she wouldn't appreciate us telling her what to do. She's always been like that. It's what I like about her. I actually think she might be safer with us. But ultimately she's going to do what she wants, so we should ask her."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus' Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Maximus' Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I understand your concern, Master Adrissant. However, Lady Kendra has proven herself most resourceful - she is her father's daughter, after all! And I can assure you that each gentleman here would lay down their life to keep her safe. As Master Cassius said, the final decision is hers."

DM Haldhin, is Angelia still around protecting Kendra? Or has Kendra sent her/it to Father Grimburrow?


Assuming you asked when you arrived, Kendra started feeling uneasy around Angelia, so she sent it to the Temple. Nothing really strange or dangerous, just a feeling.

Adivion listens as each of you responds, then he glances at the kitchen. Looking back at the group, his face has taken on a grim mask, "Respectfully, you overestimate Kendra's abilities, and underestimate the danger posed by The Whispering Way. I have fought their agents and plots for nearly sixty years, all of that time along side Petros. Her very father decided to keep her away from that lifestyle, for what should be obvious reasons. And now I hear from some of you that she should be allowed to make the choice. I ask all of you, if you had the ability to protect your loved ones, would you not take it? Would you not do everything in your power to make sure they were safe?"

He looks directly at Lucius, "Lucius, you are young, and full of exuberance and pride. But I can tell you that no, Kendra will not be safer with you. She is her father's daughter, Master Korvus, but she does not have his knowledge or experience, and in this case, that could be fatal."

"Bjorn is right, they can reach into Caliphas, and in fact, I know it to be true. But the men and women in my employ are trained to identify them, and fight them, if need be, and they are very good at their jobs. My presence here is a testimony to my employees abilities. I always tried to convince Petros to hire some people to help him, but he maintained that he could do more alone than with a group of people "holding him back."

He shakes his head as he looks at the table, "I really wish he had been right about that..."

Looking back at you, "I appreciate the loyalty you have to Kendra, but I swear to all of you on the soul of my own deceased children, there is no safer place for her than with me."

He sits back and raises his hands slightly, "But be that as it is, you must make your own decisions in this matter, and I will respect her opinion when the time comes for her to make it. I would appreciate it, however, if you do not mention this particular conversation to her." He smiles a bit as he continues, "Perhaps some of you have noticed her... independent streak?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"I certainly have," Alexei says, a small wry smile on his face. "And you must be terribly worried about her safety, of that I am sure. I swear to you, I will certainly try and convince her to stay with you. I am now definite that you most certainly are the most qualified to protect her. Despite her admitted ability, I can only feel to clearly how dangerous the Way is. I will not stand Miss Kendra being threatened if I can help it," he finishes, nodding deeply to Master Adrissant.

Kendra could be even more adept than I think she is, and I still wouldn't want to bring her. If something bad happened to her, it would weigh on Alexei for the rest of his life.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"And apparently he tried to keep me away from this also. If I'm to believe a divine agent of Sarenrae, that is. So does that mean I shouldn't do this either?I mean of course I want to keep her safe, I... I've known her all my life, she wouldn't want to do nothing when she could help. That's one of great things about her. So yea, I've noticed that she'll do what she wants when she wants."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"Are you willing to bury her alongside her father, Lucius? I know I am most certainly not," Alexei says, determination burning in his eyes.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"No, of course not. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her. But she's an adult and we should treat her like one. And besides, if she really wanted to go, I don't think we could stop her."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"I obviously agree with that. But I just can't, in good conscience, allow her to come with us unfettered," Alexei sighs. "She's a grown woman, and can absolutely make her own decisions... but I will not stand aside and allow her to traipse into the waiting hands of the Way. I refuse."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"And who's to say that wouldn't happen with Adivion, no offense. And I mean what's the real difference between her and me? Mr. Lorrimor tried to keep us both from this, but I'm still going."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"You don't have a number of well-trained servants and friends who can help protect her. I admire you wanting to protect both her right to choose her path, and her well-being," Alexei begins, gesturing with his hands as he speaks, "but I will not allow her to simply follow us without trying to dissuade her. If I, or any of us, dies while trying to stymy the Whispering Way's efforts, then our families will be sad. But if Kendra dies, then the Lorrimors are no more. They are too important to let that happen."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"I guess that is true. I didn't think about that. I just care so much about her..." Lucius takes a long sip from his previously neglected cup tea.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"I understand all too well, friend. But if she's coming with us, she will know full-well that it is against my better judgment. I could never hope to protect her as Master Adrissant can, and if the Whispering Way has the support of a subversive deity that even my Lady Sarenrae cannot outright interfere with, then I feel no compunctions about strongly suggesting she stay with her uncle." Alexei sighs and gives Lucius a weak smile. "We all want what's best for her, certainly, even if she may not be happy about it."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"And what if something happens while she stays with her uncle? I'd never forgive myself for not being there for her."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

"They're far more capable of protecting than you ever will be, Lucius. They have been trained for this by Master Adrissant and Professor Lorrimor. There are likely none more adept at dealing with the Way than them," Alexei places one of his palms on the table, his eyes deadly serious, "and certainly not us."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"Yea, you're right. They've been doing this for years, haven't they?"


Adivion leans forward as if to speak again, but Kendra enters the room at that moment with a steaming pot of tea. Moving gracefully, she pours another cup for her 'uncle', then resumes her seat.

"So, what do you plan to do next - are you going to Lepidstadt to return my father's books? I've no desire to stay here in Ravengro, so I'm looking forward to stretching my legs. Maybe a trip to see the University is just what I need, eh, Lucius?"

Sense Motive DC 15:
She is obviously hoping to get the group's approval for her to join in your future travels. It seems like there is something she isn't telling you though...

She suddenly snaps her fingers, "That reminds me! Alendru said something about a job for you if you're heading to Lepidstadt, you should see him before leaving town."

Adivion sips his cup of tea, nodding at the flavor. He looks at the group, interested to see how they answer.

Alendru is the town's only (known) wizard who runs the school in Ravengro. Anybody purchasing arcane scrolls or some of the magic items would buy them from him.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Alexei frowns at Kendra as she mentions 'stretching her legs.' He looks to the others, trying to gauge their reactions as well.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"That's great. We'll be sure to talk to him before we go." Lucius puts his tea down. "Can we talk?" He nods towards the front before standing up and leading her to the porch outside of earshot range of the others. "Listen, you know I care about you right? You're my best friend. Okay, my only friend. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't around anymore. That's why I have to ask you to not come with us to Lepidstadt. The Whispering Way already got your dad, I don't want them to get you too." The young Pharasmin says in an uncharacteristic serious tone.

"Your uncle Adi says he has a whole crew of people trained to protect you from the cult. Don't get me wrong, personally I want you to come with us. But I want you to be safe even more. So I think you should go with him to Caliphas. Ultimately I know you're going to do what you want so if you want to go with us, I can't stop you. I've never been able to before. But as your best friend, I'm asking you to let Adivion protect you while we handle things in Lepistadt. I wish I could say that I'd be better at protecting you than anyone, but I can't. Please don't be mad at me." He then quiets as he waits for a response.


Lucius, I'm going to roll a Diplomacy check for you based on what you're saying to Kendra.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

It seems Lucius' words have gotten through to Kendra.

Kendra looks at Lucius for a long time before responding. "Lucius, I... I don't know what to say. I'm not mad at you, and I wish you didn't make so much sense, but I understand why you feel - er, think this way. I mean, I can take care of myself - all the others have seen me in action, so they know it's true. But something about this whole mess... I just feel... scared. I don't know how else to say it. Something deep inside. I don't know if it's just my nerves since dad died, or if it's something else."

She shakes her head, "I'll do it, but you have to promise to keep in touch with me, even come visit if you can. Adivion has been like my uncle, but going to live with him, it might be my best option, but it's not my favorite. Don't let me rot there, surrounded by those walls, and the chaos of Caliphas. Don't forget about me."

She leans in to hug you, holding it a moment longer than you expected, before dropping her arms and turning to walk back inside.

Lucius:
WOW! That was a bit more than a "you're my best friend" hug. Not only is she not mad at you, but you might have actually made some progress there!

-----

Kendra comes back inside and sits down. "Well, Lucius, for all his faults, and he has many!" she says with a teasing laugh, "has convinced me that coming with you to Lepidstadt is not a wise move."

She looks at Adivion, "So it looks like I'll take you up on that offer, Uncle Adi."

Adivion positively beams, and his excitement is clearly written across his face, "That's wonderful, Kendra, I'm very happy you've decided to come to Caliphas with me. It will be so nice having another member of the family around."

He looks at the rest of the people around the table, "And please, you must keep in touch with us. I, for one, would love to find out any progress you make in your investigation. Any resources I have are at your disposal. And I'm sure Kendra would enjoy hearing from you as well."

He claps once, still ecstatic, "And of course, if you are ever around the city, you must stop by and stay at my manor. I'll not accept anything less than your oaths on it - I'll not have friends of my 'niece' staying anywhere else."

-----

After the discussion dies down, Adivion grabs Korvus and pulls him aside. "Master Korvus, I couldn't help but notice you seem to be a man interested in the arcane arts. While I don't have my main spellbook with me, I do have a travel copy in my room upstairs. Would you like to peruse it? I may have a few spells that interest you, and I wouldn't mind sharing them with another learned man who also places himself against The Whispering Way."

-----

Feel free to interject as needed, there isn't much more to this scene unless anybody wants to roleplay a specific discussion or action. Please do so as desired.

Korvus, pick any two spells from the Wizard list 1st - 4th level. Adivion's "travel" copy is quite possibly the most comprehensive spellbook you've ever heard of, much less actually seen. Thinking about what he considers his "main" spellbook makes your head spin.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei beams alongside Adivion when Kendra returns with her decision. A good deal of tension seems to drain from his shoulders, and the man's smile is like the sun. "I am very pleased to hear it, Miss Kendra. Not a one of us doubts your ability, but we are heading into the jaws of the beast, and I fear we cannot assure your safety. This greatly sets my mind at ease.

"I will make sure to write you when I am able, and for these big oafs, too," the oracle laughs mirthfully, clapping a hand on Bjorn and Harold's shoulders, "if they would rather not do so themselves." He gives the both of them a quick glare that says and there will be careful inspection of your letters, you leches before turning back to Kendra, all smiles.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"You've made the right choice. I know you want to be a part of this but it'll be better for everyone if you're in Caliphas even if it means you're only a little farther from the Way's grasp. I'm certain you'll get into plenty of trouble of your own over there."

Bjorn offers Lucius a knowing glance and a nod.

"We'll send word when we can", the big ulfen confirms. "Perhaps Korvus can pick up a spell that'll let us pass messages more quickly."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

Kendra

"It's alright, it's healthy to be a little scared. It's part of being human. Don't worry, I could never forget about you. I was more worried about you forgetting me." When Kendra hugs him, Lucius feels this sudden rush of joy that overwhelms any sense of guilt he had.

Back Inside

Lucius walks back in right behind Kendra and his change in mood is obvious. "You have my word, I'll make sure to keep in touch. Even if I have to walk to Caliphas to tell you myself."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus bows his head to Kendra to acknowledge her decision to accompany her 'Uncle' to Caliphas. "Lady Kendra, it has been an honor to serve you and the memory of the good Professor. While I for one would have welcomed your company on our journey to Lepidstady, I can certainly respect your wish to spend time with family. And Master Adrissant, your offer of hospitality is most appreciated. I hope we may visit with you both in Caliphas once we've concluded Professor Lorrimor's business in Lepidstadt."

DM Haldhin wrote:
After the discussion dies down, Adivion grabs Korvus and pulls him aside. "Master Korvus, I couldn't help but notice you seem to be a man interested in the arcane arts. While I don't have my main spellbook with me, I do have a travel copy in my room upstairs. Would you like to peruse it? I may have a few spells that interest you, and I wouldn't mind sharing them with another learned man who also places himself against The Whispering Way."

Korvus' eyes widen in surprise at Adivion's offer. "Master Adrissant, your offer is most generous! I am both honored and humbled. I would greatly appreciate such an opportunity to learn new magics. And if I may ask another favor? You said that you worked with the Professor in his research on the Whispering Way, and that your associates in Caliphas are trained to identify and fight them. I've managed to learn a bit about them form the Professor's notes here, but is there any additional information you can give us to help us in our quest?" the half-orc wizard asks.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold nods in agreement with his comrades over Kendra's decision, "Just as well, Ms. Kendra, yew probably wouldn't be able ter stomach much in da way ov food after seein' what I'm gonna do ter deese Whisperin' Way wankers who done in da Professor. Thee can use yaaahr imaginashun but i' probably don't get so dark an' dir'y as I plan ter go." The half-orc nods his acceptance of Adrissant's offer, "When I'm back in me old stompin' ground ov Caliphas, I'll come round ter pay a visi' wiv da Ms. Kendra. I'll make sure nobody 'as done 'er any 'arm."


Unfortunately, Adivion is unable to shed much more light on The Whispering Way beyond what you already know. They are frequently grouped into small cells, and it is likely you are chasing one such group, but their goals and objectives are only known to those members.

Adivion is unable to provide any solid leads in Lepidstadt, but he seconds the Judge mentioned in the Professor's will as a reliable contact.

Unfortunately, Adivion is mainly based around Caliphas, and specifically involved in the research and study of old texts, manuscripts, and alchemical formulae as they relate to The Whispering Way. Their most recent activity regarding the Warden's soul is entirely new to him, so he can't provide any insight about it.

-----

Anything else specific you want to do, or somebody you want to interact with, before we move on?

Per Professor Lorrimor's will, you should stay in Ravengro for a month before moving on.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

I'm good to move on. Bjorn's going to spend most of his free time working out, the exercise helps him clear his thoughts. Do the people in the mysterious comas ever recover?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei will likely help around town in both religious and secular matters. Working as a sort of make-shift doctor when he's not working as a clergyman.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

Lucius is still an acolyte so he'll still do his job helping out Father Grimburrow. Though he will endeavor to spend more of his free time with Kendra. And being the good son that he is, he'll inform his parents of where he's going.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold is going to get to know the local farmers' daughters and bar wenches of the town. Intimiately. Half-orc babies as far as the eye can see!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

G$*#!&nit Harold! Why do you think I said your letters to Kendra will be monitored closely?! Bad half-orc! Bad! ;)


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Between keeping an eye on Kendra and understanding his own personal revelations, Bjorn is too preoccupied to join Harold on the hunt for tail.

Maybe once we get to Lepidstadt...


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

Seeing as how Kendra is neither a farmer's daughter nor a bar wench, I'm okay with Harold's activities.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus will introduce himself to Alendru Ghoroven and see if there's any way he can assist the wizard in return for scroll-scribing supplies and/or access to additional spells. He'll also offer to assist Sheriff Caeler if the town constabulary ever needs any wizardly help.


I'm working on transition posts for the end of the first adventure and will have them posted on Sunday.

I'm also going to be finalizing the loot and rewards as well. If you want anything from the sheet, please let me know asap. The last changes I have are for Korvus.

Korvus, Alendru is willing to sell you the stuff for 50gp per spell, but he does not know you well enough to share spells beyond the scrolls he offers for sale.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

One last thing before we get transitioned. How hard would it be to get a mithral version of my armor made? Or do I have to wait until we get to Lepidstat?


There is definitely no mithral in Ravengro - the list of items for purchase I posted earlier is the sum total of "cool stuff" avaiable in the town. Lepidstadt, or Caliphas, are your best bets for mithral.


Rewards from the Church of Pharasma

Father Grimburrow comes to visit you at Kendra's house.

First, he thanks you for taking care of Angelia. She is actually a low-powered servant of Pharasma, and he is happy she is willing to stay at the Temple and help as needed. Because of her origins, her attitudes and interests are not those of mortals, and it is best if she remains in the church to serve there. As she has indicated a preference for staying in her current form, Grimburrow has agreed though he did offer to release her if she wanted to return to her home plane.

Secondly, for clearing Harrowstone of the spirits, he offers you a small monetary token of appreciation. He also offers to provide one casting of Masterwork Transmutation for each of you at no cost.

Thirdly, he offers to forward your names and descriptions to other churches around Ustalav in order to aid you in the future. This permits everyone to get spellcasting services at Churchs of Pharasma at a discount.

He has special praise for Lucius, and he not only permits you to leave the church in order to accompany your new friends, he encourages it. In addition, he gives Lucius a set of Blessed Gauntlets, a valued treasure of the church, to use in his continuing battles against enemies of the faith.

-----

The money is already included in the total Loot calculations.

Characaters receive a 10% discount for spellcasting services at Churches of Pharasma. Lucius receives spells for free. Material compoments are separate from the actual casting cost and do not receive this discount.

Stats on the gauntlets to be provided later.


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

I figured as much, but I thought I'd ask.

Lucius thanks Father Grimburrow greatly for the boons and his blessing to leave. The young acolyte was not sure of how Grimburrow would take his departure, so the encouragement was appreciated to say the least.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}
DM Haldhin wrote:

Father Grimburrow comes to visit you at Kendra's house.

First, he thanks you for taking care of Angelia. She is actually a low-powered servant of Pharasma, and he is happy she is willing to stay at the Temple and help as needed. Because of her origins, her attitudes and interests are not those of mortals, and it is best if she remains in the church to serve there. As she has indicated a preference for staying in her current form, Grimburrow has agreed though he did offer to release her if she wanted to return to her home plane.

"It was our pleasure to release Angelia from the secret vault once her original duty had been fulfilled, Father Grimburrow. I am glad that she will be able to find a new purpose assisting you at the temple. Please send her my warmest regards," Korvus replies to news of the guardian spirit's new role at the temple.

DM Haldhin wrote:

Secondly, for clearing Harrowstone of the spirits, he offers you a small monetary token of appreciation. He also offers to provide one casting of Masterwork Transmutation for each of you at no cost.

Thirdly, he offers to forward your names and descriptions to other churches around Ustalav in order to aid you in the future. This permits everyone to get spellcasting services at Churchs of Pharasma at a discount.

"Thank you for your most generous boons, Father," Korvus says with heartfelt appreciation. "I have no doubt that we will need to call upon the services of the Church in our attempt to thwart whatever plot the agents of the Whispering Way are pursuing. And if you would cast your magics on my walking stick, I would be most grateful."


A few days later, Councilman Vashian Hearthmount, the same man who executed Professor Lorrimor's will, comes to visit. He unrolls a long scroll and begins reading... and reading... and reading.

After several minutes of platitudes and laudatory comments about your actions, he arrives at the reason for his visit. Having heard of your exploits in clearing Harrowstone Prison, the Council of Ravengro has decided to reward you for your service. They had been saving the money to try and hire mercenaries to investigate the prison, so they have decided to pay you instead.

Each of you receives also receives the right to establish a small farmstead near Ravengro should you someday choose to settle there. Coincidentally, your lands surround the formerly haunted Harrowstone Prison.

Having made his statement and presented your rewards, Vashian bows low and excuses himself. Apparently the man's disposition is perpetually terse...

This money is also included in the total Loot calculations.


A week before you leave Ravengro, Alendru, the school teacher and town wizard, pays you a visit.

Entering Kendra's house, he places a large tome on the table. "My friends, this is a flesh golem manual - a book that details how one may create a monster made from the flesh of once living creatures. It came into my possession by accident, though I suspect it was stolen. My investigations have revealed that its owner is one Montagnie Crowl, an instructor at the University of Lepidstadt. Since you are heading that direction, would you consent to deliver this to Professor Crowl?"

"While I am interested in such a work, I would be a man of low character to keep a work that I know to be the stolen property of another man, especially an instructor and a fellow practitioner of the arcane arts."

All you need to do is take the book to Lepidstadt. Alendru is being forthright, and all of you believe him to be sincere. Assume Sense Motive checks reveal him to be telling the truth.

Korvus:
You have spent some time with Alendru over the past few days, and you're inclined to believe him. In fact, you think that had you not spent as much time getting to know him over the past few weeks, he would not have asked your group to help with this task.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Of course, Master Ghoroven. We would be happy to deliver the tome to Professor Crowl. As you said, we are already heading to Lepidstadt - to deliver some of Professor Lorrimor's books to Professor Crowl, as a matter of fact," Korvus replies to the school teacher.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"My own farmstead... a place to call home", Bjorn muses as he considers the offer.

After a minute, Bjorn grunts and offers a shrug.

"I won't be looking to settle down until the blood price for the Professor's murder has been paid."

***

Bjorn looks the manual over and leans in to sniff it loudly, hoping his newfound animal instincts would somehow show him something he couldn't see with his eyes. The big ulfen casts the wizard a glance.

"Like Korvus says, we're headed to Lepidstadt anyway but I don't know if I like the idea of handing magic like that off. Creating life? That's jadwiga s*%!", the ulfen says with a sneer. "We'd all be better off burning that book and forgetting that we ever saw it."


Male Human Trapper 2/Cleric 3 (HP 42/42; AC:19, T:14, FF:15; Fort:+8 Ref:+8 Will:+5; Init+6; Perc+10) (Effects: None)

"A place of my own? I don't have to live with my parents anymore? Wait til I tell Kendra!" Lucius' mind races as he thinks of how he wants his future homestead to be like.

----------

"Well, I'm sure this Professor Crowl just likes reading weird books. And besides, it is the right thing to do right? I mean it's not like he's the obviously evil defense against the dark arts teacher, is he?"

1,501 to 1,546 of 1,546 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.