Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


351 to 400 of 1,546 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

That's three in agreement, so I'm going to move along since this is pretty much box-text storytelling.

The sheriff leaves Gibs at the jail with two of his deputies. He arrives at the farm with the other two deputies. After you show him what you have discovered (the similar wood, the hidden weapon and wineskin), he agrees that it is enough evidence to hold Gibs for the near future. He thanks everyone, takes the items, bids you all a good evening, and tells you he will come visit you at Kendra's house the next morning.

Korvus, you can make it to the statue with enough light to see by in order to properly cleanse it. Your magic does a thorough job, and you are pretty sure it hasn't been this clean in decades.

The sun has nearly set for the day, and it is quickly turning dark outside. Let me know if you want to do anything specific during the evening (i.e. visit a pub, sneak around outside, etc).


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

That evening, after a proper supper, Harold announces to the group, "I fnk I might find myself keepin' an eye on yonder statue dis evenin' just in case aaahr artist friend 'appens not ter be Gibs but some uvver stupid git. If I can catch 'em red-handed, all da be'er." Harold checks to make sure Kendra's home is secure that evening before letting himself out. He makes his way down to the sparkling clean monument and finds a good spot in some nearby shrubbery to settle down and keep a watch over it. The half-orc pulls out his flask of brandy, taking a deep pull when the temperature grows chillier with the encroaching darkness. If by around three in the morning, nothing has happened, Harold will make a quick round of the place and Gibs' farm before heading back to Kendra's to catch a few hours sleep.

Stealth to hide by monument: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception to see anything: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn wants nothing more a night of drinking and a good scrap to take his mind off of crazy events that are unraveling around him, but his commitment to the Professor requires he keep his head clear.

Bjorn spends the night at the manor with Kendra in sight, lest she run off again.


Male Thrush Familiar {HP 14/14; AC 18, T 16, FF 16; F+0 R+4 W+6; Init+2; Perc+11} {Effects: none}
'Horrible' Harold Grimsley wrote:
Harold announces to the group, "I fnk I might find myself keepin' an eye on yonder statue dis evenin' just in case aaahr artist friend 'appens not ter be Gibs but some uvver stupid git. If I can catch 'em red-handed, all da be'er." Harold checks to make sure Kendra's home is secure that evening before letting himself out. He makes his way down to the sparkling clean monument and finds a good spot in some nearby shrubbery to settle down and keep a watch over it. The half-orc pulls out his flask of brandy, taking a deep pull when the temperature grows chillier with the encroaching darkness.

"Ahoy there, mate!" a melodic voice whispers to Harold from higher up in the shrubbery. Looking up, the half-orc can just make out the shiny, beady eyes of Korvus' blackbird, Maximus. "Th' good Cap'n sent me t' keep ye comp'ny, an' t' give 'im a shout if things get stormy. Pass us a swig o' that swill, there's a good lad."

Stealth check to hide in shrubbery near monument: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Perception to notice anything odd (besides a half-orc hiding in a bush): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 - looks like Maximus has already knocked back a few


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Well, that was quite an eventful day!" Korvus observes to the others at dinner. "Might I suggest that tomorrow we visit Master Ghoroven again to gain access to the records regarding the Harrowstone Prison stored at the Town Hall. I believe it would also be a good idea to pay Father Grimburrow a visit to show him the Professor's journal and notify him of the Whispering Way's activities here in Ravengro. As the Professor noted in the journal, the Church may have a list of those who died in the Harrowstone fire. We might also wish to seek Father Grimburrow's permission to use the tools hidden in the false crypt in the Restlands that the Professor mentioned in the journal."

Following dinner, Korvus excuses himself and retires to his room. Before turning in for the evening he spends a couple of hours scribing a replacement for the scroll of the shielding spell he used at the Tyon farm. As he works, he makes a mental note to enquire of Kendra as to where he might purchase additional scribing supplies in Ravengro. "Hmm... My funds have dwindled quite a bit," he muses to himself. "I may need to see about obtaining some form of gainful employment during my upcoming month here in Ravengro in order to maintain sufficient supplies for scribing my scrolls."


The evening is uneventful, and everyone has a peaceful night.

The monument remains unmolested throughout Harold's watch. Maximus passes out for a time, waking an hour later with a terrible headache. They return to the house around 3am.

Kendra promises Bjorn that she will stay in her room the entire night, somewhat allaying his concerns.

Korvus finishes his work, pleased with the replacement scroll he has crafted.

Morning arrives and Kendra prepares a breakfast of bread, honey, and fruit. Everyone eventually makes their way to the dining room, but after thirty minutes, Kendra rises, "Your pardon, I'll go wake Gunther, he was hitting his ale a bit hard last night."

Several minutes pass before the group is surprised by the sound of feet running overhead, then down the stairs. Kendra rounds the corner into the dining room, "Everybody come quick, Gunther isn't waking up!"


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

The sweat from his morning routine is still fresh of his skin when the call of alarm goes out.

Bjorn bounds up the stairs at the sound of Kendra's cry.


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Oliar didn't pay much attention while the other went about Gibs' place. The man was behind it, it was clear as day. Sadly the people here were thick as two wooden planks and he didn't have the money on him to bribe someone.

***

Oliar quickly ran upstairs at Kendra call. When he saw Gunther laying there he backed up a bit. He just hoped none of his current companions were stupid enough to think cats could steal someone's breath, that stupid superstition had gotten him into trouble before.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

With a concerned expression Korvus follows quickly behind Bjorn and Oliar, worried as to what they'll find in Gunther's room. "Could the malevolent spirit have struck here last night without the rest of us even being aware of it?" he wonders to himself.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei quickly heads to follow the others, worry clear on his face.


Gunther is lying in his bed. He has a pulse, though it is slower than normal. For all intents and purposes, he appears to be asleep. Despite your best efforts, however, you cannot wake him. He does not respond to physical stimuli, and loud noises have no effect.

Detect Magic:
His entire body radiates magic, and with Spellcraft DC 24, you can identify a strong alteration aura.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus casts his cantrip to detect magical auras, and intently studies the unconscious dwarf.

Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"His entire body radiates a magical aura, but I am unable to determine its nature," he announces to the others gathered in the room.


Does anybody else want to do anything to/with Gunther?


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Perhaps we should summon Father Grimburrow to examine him?" Korvus suggests. "Lady Kendra? What do you think? Is there anyone in Ravengro who could help?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

"That's a reasonable idea," Alexei says, with look of consternation as he ponders how to handle the situation.

Sorry, I've been busy all Labor Day weekend, didn't get a chance to really post until now.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn lifts the unconscious dwarf's upper body up and slaps him, hard.

After there's no response, he makes a sign to ward off evil.

"Yes, call the priest. Quickly."


Kendra nods her head and bolts down the stairs, "I'll head over there now!"

Several minutes later, a sharp knocking at the front door draws your attention. The door opens and Sheriff Caeler calls out, "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Either you all go down, or you call out to him and he heads upstairs.

From the look on his face, you can tell something has happened. "It's Gibs, he managed to get out last night. Vrodish was on duty, but Gibs killed him - and it looks he used like magic. I've got the rest of my men scouring the area for him, but we're not not how long he's been gone - anywhere between two to six hours."


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold, at a loss for what to do with the comatose Gunther, nods to the Sheriff as he enters to break the 'bad' news. The half-orc grunts before he calls upstairs for everyone still up there to come down and listen in. "Well ain't dis a wonderful mornin' all around. We got a geezer upstairs what is 'avin' some medical issue what won't let 'im wake up an' now Gibs is at large." It takes a few moments for something to dawn on Harold before he turns to the sheriff and the others, "Miss Kendra is off ge'in' da priest ter come check on aaahr friend. She might be in danger a murderer on da loose." He grabs his jacket, pulling it on with haste as he heads toward the door, "I'm gon'a find 'er."


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn curses in his native Skald.

"I'll go with you", the big Northman says without any concern about getting dressed.

"Sheriff, can you wait here in case Kendra gets back without us catching up with her?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei looks even more serious than usual as he walks up to the other two men. "I will come as well. Gunther should be safe here, but Miss Kendra is another story."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Oliar just nodded as he followed the others to seek out Kendra. They were here as friends of the professor and letting his only living heir be butchered by some old coot wasn't what friends did.


DM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 201d20 ⇒ 8

Sheriff Caeler shakes his head, "Sorry, not with a madman on the loose. I'll get one of my men to stand at the corner by the house though, he would see her if she comes back here." He turns to leave, bidding you all good luck.

After several hurried minutes, the group leaves the house and almost sprints down the road toward the Temple. You find Kendra inside, speaking with Father Grimburrow. She notes the surprise on your face, "We were getting ready to head back to the house... what's going on, why the looks of concern?"

Just to keep the scene flowing...

After describing Gib's escape and the sheriff's visit, Grimburrow tells his acolytes to arm themselves and assist in the hunt. The group, including Grimburrow and two acolytes, returns to the house, but before you arrive, you notice a crumpled form lying in the street near the corner - the deputy. He is lying on his back, throat cut. His arms and hands have been arranged so that one hand covers his mouth, while the other has been placed straight over his head, the index finger outstretched and pointing to the south.

I'm glossing over the conversation you had at the Temple, but let me know if you wanted to make any specific requests of Grimburrow while you were there. I just didn't want to make you guys re-type the interaction you had with the sheriff.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold sighs in relief that Kendra seems in one piece. When they arrive back at the house to find the still cooling body of the deputy, the half-orc looks at the windows and doors of the building with a critical eye for detail.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

He motions at Bjorn and silently points toward the front door as he makes hand gestures relaying that he will circle around the back in case the murderer was lurking inside and decides to make a break for it. Harold hunches down as he quickly makes his way around the left side of the house.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

The big bare-chested Ulfen follows the orc's lead and closes on the front door to the manor.

He listens carefully before opening it.

Perception - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


On initial inspection, the windows and doors appear to be as you left them, and nothing can be heard inside.

Focusing on caution and stealth, Kendra's house is examined from top to bottom, but Gibs is not inside.

Everything is as you left it - Gunther's body, the food on the table, all of your belongings, etc.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

What of interest is to the South?

Once the house is secured, Bjorn calls for Kendra and the others to come in.

"This whole place has gone mad", the Northman says with a growl.


Ah, sorry, thought you guys knew, my fault. Harrowstone Prison is a 15 minute walk to the south.

Just FYI, this little scene didn't end up as expected. Kendra had a very slim chance of surviving Gibs' escape - but a natural 20 ensured her survival. The deputy wasn't as lucky. :)


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Sorry for the absence. One of my sons has been pretty sick the past couple of days. Just a quick post to show I'm still with the group.

Korvus asks Maximus to perform an aerial reconnaissance of the region, and suggests that the companions and Kendra all stay together from now on.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn nodded in agreement.

A few minutes later he got dressed and strapped on his armor.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Oh wow, we dodged a bullet then, huh!

Alexei gathers his belongings and prepares to head out. He says a short prayer to Sarenrae before returning to his companion's sides.


No problem, Korvus! Hope your son gets better soon.

It appears everyone is preparing to head over to Harrowstone. If that's the idea, I'll have the map ready and linked tonight. If anybody wants to do anything else before heading down to the prison, please let me know.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Thanks! He seems to be doing a bit better this morning. Some type of strange virus, which came on very quickly and presented all of the same symptoms as meningitis and necessitated a night in the local ER Wednesday night - not fun for a 5-year old!

Since Father Grimburrow accompanied us back to the Lorrimor manor and was there when we found the deputy's body, Korvus would have taken the opportunity to explain to the priest what had been going on (the possessions at the Tyon farm, the evidence found at Gibs' farm, and Gunther's unconscious state) and to share with him our theories regarding the Professor's death. Korvus would show Father Grimburrow the Professor's journal and the entry describing the tools hidden in the false crypt in the Restlands, and ask if the Church had any information on those who died in the Harrowstone fire. He would also ask Father Grimburrow to examine Gunther.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold gathers his belongings, or at least those he'll need in some possible hazardous ruins that might be haunted by supernatural forces. As he is doing so, he takes the time to stop in and check with the others, "Are we bringin' da lass along ter keep an eye on 'er? I can coun' numerous pros an' cons fer doin' so awer not. Else she needs ter be guarded by at least free awer faaahr bodies at all times, if we can trust da sheriff's blokes ter not die at da drop ov a bloody 'at dis time."


After the house has been searched...

Grimburrow examines Gunther for several minutes before speaking, "It appears that he remains alive, but that something has captured his spirit, or soul. I am not sure if 'captured' is the right word, but it is the best I can do without knowing more. I would also surmise that this is the result of a specific item, or spell, and not a typical use of magic."

He sighs, "Apologies, I wish I was more help. The best hope I can offer is that whatever has captured him is likely still intact, along with his spirit, since his body is still alive. We can take his body to the Temple to care for it, if you wish."

-----

Kendra is gathering her gear together; it seems she is preparing to accompany the group on their journey.

Grimburrow does not know anything about the false crypt, but admits it might exist since the Church of Pharasma would frequently keep hidden stockpiles of weapons in case of an undead outbreak. Do you want to investigate the crypt, or do you want to ask him to send his people to look for it? Father Grimburrow would accept either option.

The Temple has records that include names of all the people who perished in the Harrowstone fire. Are you looking for something specific, or just generally looking through them for anything that stands out?


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

We could investigate the crypt ourselves.

I don't know if we have any reason to be looking for any names in particular. Any that stand out would probably be fine.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

I agree with Bjorn. And we should have Gunther taken to the Temple, as well, for safe keeping. Leaving him alone in a house without any people in it seems cruel.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}
DM Haldhin wrote:
"Apologies, I wish I was more help. The best hope I can offer is that whatever has captured him is likely still intact, along with his spirit, since his body is still alive. We can take his body to the Temple to care for it, if you wish."

"Yes, Father. That would be most appreciated," Korvus replies with a worried expression as he glances toward Gunther's still form.

"If you don't mind, I believe we would like to investigate the false crypt in the Restlands that the Professor mentioned in his journal. If we're fortunate, he may have left additional clues there as to what the Whispering Way was up to at the ruins of Harrowstone."

DM Haldhin wrote:
The Temple has records that include names of all the people who perished in the Harrowstone fire. Are you looking for something specific, or just generally looking through them for anything that stands out?

I think we're mainly just looking for anything that stands out, but I would be interested to see if there is anyone noted for particularly heinous crimes that would warrant them being placed in an oubliette (per Gibs' visions), as well as any information regarding Warden Hawkran.


Father Grimburrow accepts your decision to search the crypt yourselves, and only asks that you stop by the Temple after you finish to give him a report on what you find.

He will have his people pull the lists of people who died in the Harrowstone fire and provide it to you when you visit.

His acolytes begin tending to Gunther, securing his arms and legs together in order to ease the transportation.

-----

Let me know if there are any other actions that people want to take, otherwise, we can start the scene in The Restlands at the false crypt.

Are you going to let Kendra accompany you to the graveyard, or are you going to ask her to do something else?


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn would really rather she stay home but seeing as how the guards can't even seem to defend themselves he's okay with her coming along.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

With a mad killer about, Korvus would prefer that Kendra accompany the group.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei would rather have her within his reach, because at least then he can use his gift to protect and heal her. So another vote for her tagging along.


The group escorts the acolytes, Father Grimburrow, and Gunther's body to the Temple, then heads north to The Restlands. At this time of the morning, there are very few people about, but you notice three acolytes from the Temple tending the area.

You follow the directions laid out in Professors Lorrimor's journal and arrive at the designated intersection. After several minutes of searching, you locate a hidden button on one of the larger tombs. Pressing it reveals a secret doorway in the rear of the tomb, which opens to reveal a narrow stone staircase leading down into a dark room with a stone floor. It is difficult to make out many details due to the narrow opening and angle of the stairs, but one thing you immediately notice is the set of footprints clearly visible in the dust on the stairs.

There is only a single set of footprints, and they appear to be relatively recent - within the past month or so, given the dust and cobwebs.

Kendra accompanies you, and she is surprised you allowed her to come so easily. She was apparently ready to argue with you if you tried to leave her behind.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn, feeling a deal more confident in his heavy armor and shield strapped to his forearm, leads the way down into the tomb.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

With Maximus perched on his shoulder, Korvus follows behind Bjorn. The half-orc wizard peers around the warrior, trying to discern the direction in which the set of footprints lead.

Survival check to follow the footprints: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 - well that's doubtful!

"Maximus, my good fellow, do you think you could follow those tracks?" Korvus asks the blackbird, pointing toward the footprints.

The blackbird peers blearily at the footprints with eyes still clouded from the previous night's alcohol-fueled stakeout with Harold. (Maximus' Survival check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - also doubtful.) "Sorry, Cap'n. Th' dank air's fouled m' vision. Can't see a blasted thing!" the bird twitters groggily.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn kneels down and takes a look himself.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


The footprints lead into the crypt, a cramped room with four stone caskets on each side and a narrow aisle down the center. The rear of the room is thirty feet away and covered in shadows.

The tracks are unfortunately difficult to follow, mainly because they appear to wander throughout the crypt in a random arrangement. From what you can tell, the Professor spent time walking around each casket, but it's impossible to identify the sequence he visited them in...

-----

There are eight stone caskets that can be opened by sliding the heavy lids to the side.

Also, please make two Perception checks as part of your next actions.


M Ulfen Brawler 6 {HP53/69; AC21, T13, FF19; F+11 R+5 W+6; Init+2; Perc+7}

Bjorn studies the first casket for a moment, swears under his breath, and then slides the lid aside.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Hmmm... A secret doorway granted us access to this chamber. Perhaps the tools the Professor sought are similarly hidden within some secret compartment..." Korvus muses as he moves forward to study the stone casket opposite of the one that Bjorn opened.

Korvus' Perception check #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Korvus' Perception check #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Maximus' Perception check #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Maximus' Perception check #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Perception check #1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception check #2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Alexei casts Light on his shield.

Alexei looks around the dark crypt, trying discern anything strange. Raising his right hand, he whispers a few words and causes the surface of his shield to illuminate.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}
DM Haldhin wrote:
The rear of the room is thirty feet away and covered in shadows.

Korvus and Harold have 60' Darkvision.

351 to 400 of 1,546 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.