Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


251 to 300 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Nobody answers the door.

Looking through a window reveals:
It appears that nobody is inside the house.

The group has been moving around the property for about ten minutes at this point.

Perception DC 15:
You notice the noises coming from the barn have changed from what you heard when you first arrived at the farm. The squeals of the pigs inside the barn are becoming louder and more frequent...


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

DM Haldhin:
Since we're not in immediate danger or distracted, may we Take 10 on the Perception check?


Korvus:
I'm usually cool with it, but I'm going to say no to taking 10 in this instance because your result determines if you get to act in the surprise round. :)


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Bjorn looks towards the barn.

"What in the nine hells..."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Alexei follows Bjorn's gaze to the barn, curious at the racket the pigs are making. "Something's riling up the animals." The oracle's right hand comes to rest on the grip of his morningstar.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus' DC 15 Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Maximus' DC 15 Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"I say, the livestock is certainly making quite a racket!"

DM Haldhin:
Korvus cast Mage Armor on himself near the end of our encounter with Gibs - would the spell still be active?


Male D Fighter 1

Perception check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Gunther moves towards the barn door, pickaxe at the ready.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Harold turns his head to stare at the barn and the rising level of noise coming from it. Silently, he motions at the others to quietly get in place around the barn doors as he slips toward the side of the barn to come up on the door. He moves to open the door out of direct line of sight with whatever is inside as he counts down with his other hand toward his comrades. Three...two...one.


The doors of the barn bulge outward as a heavy force is applied to them from inside the building. With a splintering crash, the doors explode in a shower of wooden splinters and debris.

Several large hogs emerge from the barn, squealing in an almost human manner. Their snouts are covered in blood and frothy spittle, and their beady yellow eyes widen as they turn toward you and charge.

-----

There are four pigs moving toward you; at the end of their move, they are 30 feet away from the group. For our purposes, we will have Pigs Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta.

If you successfully met the Perception DC 15 check, you can act in the surprise round. Please roll initiative and indicate your surprise round action, if any. I'll recap the surprise round, then we'll move into standard combat.

I am not posting a map for this fight, if tactical movement is important, assume you can do it if it's reasonable. For example, if you want to flank a target, just assume it's possible.

Korvus:
Sure, it's up for another 10 minutes, should be plenty of time for this fight.

DM Screen:
Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Initiative Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Just as he is moving toward the barn, the door turns into kindling. Harold grunts at the four large pigs that rush out, obviously gone crazy with bloodlust. The half-orc slips his sword free of its sheath, something he rarely does, as the first of the beasts charge them, "First time da 'am sandwichs 'ave served 'emselves. What service dis place 'as." He gives a toothy grin to his comrades at his own joke while waiting one of the critters to come into beheading range.

Drawing my Temple sword as my surprise round action.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Surprise Round:

Reacting quickly, Korvus intones the words to a spell and conjures forth a layer of slippery grease under the hooves of the charging swine.

Standard action to cast Grease, covering a 10-ft square of ground beneath the pigs. Pigs in the area must succeed Reflex DC 15 or fall prone; a pig can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check, but failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls.

Korvus' AC: 15
Korvus' HP: 10/10


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Initiative check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Alexei starts at the barn door flying off its hinges, but draws his weapon and readies himself. His eyes seem to fill with determination, and he airily states, "אני הייתי צריך לנחש זה לא צפויה בסוף ללא קלה!"

Celestial:
I guess I should have expected this wouldn't end without incident!

Alexei draws his Morningstar.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Bjorn moves in of Kendra.

"What's wrong with them?", he asks. "And what the hell did you just say?", he demands of Alexei.


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Oliar grins at Alexei even though he doesn't have a clue what the man just said, "அதேபோல் என் நண்பர்." He then switches to the common tongue, "It looks like you'll be eating pork tonight!" He extends his claws (not an actual action) but isn't fast enough to actively intercept the pigs.

Catfolk:

"Likewise my friend.'

Yes, that is a real language, it's Tamil


Surprise Round recap:

Init:
18 Alexei
18 Korvus
16 Harold
15 Oliar
13 Pigs
09 Bjorn
05 Kendra

Alexei draws his morningstar, while Korvus casts a spell, coating the ground in front of the pigs in thick magical grease. Harold grins wickedly as he pulls out his temple sword. Beside him, Oliar's claws appear and he readies to defend himself from the pigs.

The crazed pigs quickly move toward the characters, but quickly encounter Korvus' magical grease. One pig quickly loses its footing and crashes to the ground, taking out another one beside it. One pig manages to move through the grease, though it slows down as the slick ground makes movement difficult. The fourth pig avoids the area and closes the distance.

Finally, Bjorn valiantly moves in front of Kendra to protect her from the rampaging hogs. Kendra draws a dagger from the small of her back, but she remains behind Bjorn for the moment.

-----

Pigs Alpha and Beta are on the ground in the greased area 30 feet away. Gamma moved through the grease and is 20 feet away. Pig Delta is 10 feet in front of Harold (15 feet away from everyone else).

Please post your next actions and we'll continue and recap asap.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d6 ⇒ 3


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn takes a wide stance, flexes his big hands, and glances over his shoulder.

"If any get this close I'll grab it and you slit its throat", the big Ulfen tells Kendra.

Ready to Grapple is one gets adjacent to him.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round One:

Maximus takes flight from Korvus' shoulder as the half-orc steps over to join Bjorn in defending Kendra. Once in place the wizard hefts his walking stick in a defensive stance.

Move action to move to a point adjacent to Bjorn. Standard action to defend self with hanbo using Total Defense, granting myself a +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round.

Korvus' AC: 19
Korvus' HP: 10/10


Male D Fighter 1

Initiative1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8Gunther puts his back against the barn wall and prepares to defend himself if any of the enraged swine turn upon him.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei moves over to Harold's side, holding his shield in front of him with his morningstar ready to strike. He nods at the half-orc, then at the rampaging animals.

Move action to move next to Harold. Ready an action to strike a pig if it moves within Alexei's reach.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold lets out a whooping holler as he bounds toward the nearest pig, in this case, Pig Delta. He brings his blade up in a hacking slice at the hog's thick neck as he moves into range.

Moving toward Pig Delta.
Temple Sword Attack vs Pig Delta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Temple Sword Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Round 1 Recap
Init:
18 Alexei
18 Korvus
16 Harold
15 Oliar
13 Pigs
09 Bjorn
08 Gunther
05 Kendra

Korvus quickly moves to Bjorn's side and assumes a defensive stance while Harold leaps forward, slashing down at the wild hog in front of him. His swing flies wide, however, but Oliar moves around opposite Harold to flank the pig.

Oliar attack: Claw Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15
Oliar damage: Claw Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (2) = 9

The pig squeals in agony as Oliar tears into its flank. Delta turns toward Oliar and attempts to bite him, but narrowly misses.

Pigs Alpha and Beta fight to stand up in the grease, but neither can gain its footing. Both pigs remain prone in the area.

Gamma moves directly toward Bjorn and bites him on the thigh (6 damage). In response, the Ulfen warrior dives forward and, despite the massive amount of magical grease covering the pig, manages to get his huge arms around its head and grapples the beast.

Kendra steps foward and aims a blow at its throat, but her slash only results in superficial damage.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

-----

Gunther, would you like to change your action? All of your opponents have acted this round. If so, please post a revised action, and your intent for Round 2.

Alexei, your readied action does not trigger. You are currently ten feet away from pig Delta (currently flanked by Harold and Oliar)

Bjorn, the pigs went before your readied action, but I went ahead and had you grapple the pig. Mainly because that was awesome.

On to round 2!


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

As the cat steals the pigs attention, Harold unleashes a furious series of whiffs at the hog's flanks. His blade eviserates the air in an intimidating display of twists and cuts.

Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows vs Pig Delta: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 91d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Temple Sword Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Talk about wonderful rolls... /sarcasm


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei follows after Harold and Oliar, rushing towards Pig Delta with his weapon held high. He brings the weapon down, but misses his target.

Morningstar vs. Pig Delta 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Morningstar damage vs Pig Delta 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

It's cool, Harold, I'm right there with you!


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Sounds good! I'll wait for the pigs to act again then before I post.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round One:

"Maximus! Make sure there's no more surprises coming from the barn!" Korvus calls to his blackbird companion as the half-orc attempts to give the hog squirming in Bjorn's grasp a stiff rap across its head.

Standard action to attack pig Gamma with hanbo. Hopefully Korvus may actually be able to hit the pig since it takes a -4 penalty to Dex for being grappled.

Attack (hanbo): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 - SWEET!
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 bludgeoning
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Additional Crit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Korvus' AC: 15
Korvus' HP: 10/10


Round 2 Recap
Init:
18 Alexei
18 Korvus
16 Harold
15 Oliar
13 Pigs
09 Bjorn
08 Gunther
05 Kendra

Alexei charges at the flanked pig, but his swing misses as the hog spins around trying to fight off all of its attackers at once.

Korvus manages to connect with a solid strike at the grappled pig in Bjorn's arms, as the hog squeals wildly from the blow.

Harold brings his temple sword to bear again, attempting to eviscerate the pig, but he cannot manage to connect a solid blow, only dealing minor scratches that don't seem to slow it down.

Oliar attack: Claw Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 = 14
Oliar damage: Claw Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) = 9

Oliar again swipes with his claws, once again connecting with the hog's flank, dealing another vital blow against the creature.

The flanked beast (Delta) turns and viciously rips into Oliar (4 points).

The grappled hog (Gamma) attempts to free itself from Bjorn's grasp, but it fails to loosen the warrior's grip.

The two pigs in the grease continue to squeal and struggle, and one (Beta) manages to regain its feet. It's bloodshot eyes land on Korvus, and it moves toward him with a horrible shriek.

Bjorn and Gunther are up, then Kendra

Knowlege: nature DC 10:
Pigs do not usually "shriek" like Beta just did as it started moving toward Korvus

Korvus:
Maximus reports the inside of the barn resembles a butcher's shop - there is nothing else alive in there.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn wraps his thick arm further around the hog's neck and then hurls his weight into the animal in an attempt to pull it to the ground.

Maintain Grapple, Pin

1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 5 = 25


Bjorn pins the hog, providing Kendra an excellent opportunity to draw her dagger across its throat. Despite the severity of the wound, the pig still manages to fight against Bjorn's hold.

It's not dead yet, but it's close.

-----

We can proceed to the next round. Gunther is maintaining his defensive posture near the barn.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei swings at the pig again with his morningstar, bringing the weapon down with all his might! "להכות!"

Celestial:
Hyaaah!

Morningstar vs. Pig Delta 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Morningstar damage vs. Pig Delta 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

DC 10 Knowledge (nature) check - untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Round Three:

Korvus' expression blanches at the sound of the pig's shriek. "While I am certainly no expert, I don't believe swine normally make sounds quite like that!" he exclaims shakily. Eyeing the creature as it moves toward him, Korvus uses his free hand to retrieve a scroll from his satchel. The half-orc wizard flicks the parchment open and quickly intones the mystical incantation contained therein to summon forth an invisible shield of force between himself and the attacking pig.

Move action to retrieve scroll of Shield from backpack. Standard action to use scroll, granting Korvus a +4 shield bonus to AC.

Korvus' blackbird familiar Maximus wings out of the barn and chirps loudly, "Barn looks like a butcher's shop, Cap'n! Nothin' livin' in there!"

Korvus' AC: 19
Korvus' HP: 10/10


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold nudges the back flank of the pig with one foot, trying to grab it attention from the cat while he tries another attempt at slicing up some strips of bacon.

Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows vs Pig Delta: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 171d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9
Temple Sword Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
If by chance Alexei's blow finishes this pig off before Harold gets a shot, he'll move to intercept the pig going toward Korvus. If so, take the first flurry strike minus 1 to hit.


Round 3 Recap
Init:
18 Alexei
18 Korvus
16 Harold
15 Oliar
13 Pigs
09 Bjorn
08 Gunther
05 Kendra

Alexei brings his mace slamming down on the pig's flank, crushing it's ribs, eliciting a massive squeal of pain.

Korvus manages to get his scroll and cast shield.

Harold finds his swing and his sword carves through the air, slicing deep into the pig's neck, dropping the swine as it dies with a gurgling sigh.

Oliar falls back beside Gunther and draws his shortbow.

The pig with his eyes on Korvus continues its charge, but misses as it attepts to gore the half-orc.

The pig in the grease continues to fail to regain its footing, slipping and falling yet again.

Bjorn continues to maintain his pin on the pig in his arms despite its frenzied attempts to break free.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Bjorn, Gunther, you're up


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

The hulking Northman maintains his grip and drives one of big fist into the swine's kidneys aiming to knock some of the fight out of it.

Maintain pin. Grapple for damage.

1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 5 = 22
1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Bjorn manages to finally end the pig's life with a well-placed punch.

Kendra moves forward to support Korvus, but misses as she tries to stab the hog.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

On to the next round!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei moves to the pig that is attacking Korvus, bringing down his blood-splattered weapon to strike at the animal. "עשוי אלת מחילה למצוא אותך!"

Celestial:
May Sarenrae's forgiveness find you!

Morningstar vs. Pig 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Morningstar damage vs. Pig 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Four:

Korvus nods in thanks for Alexei's assistance, and sidesteps to flank the enraged pig with the Chelaxian. With an inarticulate shout the half-orc wizard swings his walking stick down at the animal.

5 ft. step to flank pig Beta with Alexei. Standard action to attack pig Beta with hanbo.

Attack (hanbo): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15 (flanking)
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 bludgeoning

Korvus' AC: 19
Korvus' HP: 10/10


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold flicks the blood from his temple sword with practiced ease as his big toothy grin spins to spy another pig, this one trying to gore Korvus. As the big man walks over toward the pig, he baits the pig as if the critter could understand Common, "And dis little piggy wen' ter market. He made a fine evenin' dinner fer a family ov six, all glazed in 'oney. Mmmh-mmh."

Moving to pig by Korvus.
Temple Sword vs Pig: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Temple Sword, Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15


Round 4 Recap
Init:
18 Alexei
18 Korvus
16 Harold
15 Oliar
13 Pigs
09 Bjorn
08 Gunther
05 Kendra

Alexei swings his mace in a wide arc, but narrowly misses his target. Korvus takes advantage of Alexei's position and shifts his position, allowing him to connect with a strong strike.

Seeing an opportunity to aid his companions, Harold's sword sings through the air as it severs the pig's spine, eliciting a hoarse scream from the pig, "The b*!@! will die again!". It continues to struggle for a moment, then breathes out in a rasp and collapses, dead from its wounds.

As this pig falls to the ground, the one trapped in the grease ceases its frantic struggles. It weakly looks around, then attempts to stand, but not in the same manner as before. Something has clearly happened to calm its formerly aggressive demeanor.

-----

The remaining pig is calm now, and does not pose a threat. If anybody wants to put it down, it offers no resistance. Combat is essentially over.

In addition to the three pigs you killed outside the barn, there are another fifteen dead inside. From looking around, it appears that the massacre occurred shortly before you arrived.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

The smell of the slaughtered wafts full through the air as Harold pulls out a dirty rag to wipe the porcine blood from his blade. Once done, he sheathes the sword and looks at the dead pigs with the others. Scratching the side of his face, Harold shakes his head, "And 'ere I thought da only talkin' pigs are da kind wiv unifawms. Strange days, me friends, strange days. Next fn' yew know we'll encoun'er a 'orse what can do arithmatic."


Nice, thanks for the idea! Insert manaical laugh here.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn grunts in pain as he examines the bite wound in his meaty thigh. Tearing off the lower half of the right side of his leggings, the hulking Ulfen fashions a crude bandage. Bjorns tests his weight on his patch job and then turns to the party.

"I don't know what the hell that was but I think I've seen enough."

The big Northman closes on the front door to the house again and puts a shoulder through it.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei hooks his weapon into his belt again, and motions the others to gather around him. "מאי שחר חמימות לחזק אותנו." He lifts his holy symbol up and focuses on it, until a soft light suffuses the item, rejuvenating his comrades.

Celestial:
May the Dawnflower's warmth strengthen us.

Alexei uses Channel twice (2/5).
Channel 1 healing 1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel 2 healing 1d6 ⇒ 6

After that, the Oracle says a short prayer for the slain animals. "This is horrible. What could have caused such a scene?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn glances at Alexei as the light mends his wound.

"Some kind of holyman, eh?", the Northman asks.

"Well give your goddess my thanks."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei nods, though he seems distracted by the massacre in the barn. He attempts to examine the scene a little more closely, frowning all the while.

Perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


The front door of the house splinters under Bjorn's shoulder.

Bjorn:
The interior of the small house is tidy and spartan, as well as vacant.

Alexei:
Nothing remarkable catches your attention. It appears to be exactly what you think it is - several pigs attacked and killed the others.

For those of you outside:

Perception DC 15:
You see a man and woman appear on the road, coming from the south, heading your direction. The man is dressed as a common farmer, while the woman wears a simple white homespun dress.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn growls in frustration and exits.

"There's nothing in here!", he shouts.

Perception - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus nearly drops his walking stick in surprise upon hearing the dying pig speak in the Common tongue. "Dear me!" he exclaims, clearly shocked by such an occurrence. "That was most unusual! Most unusual, indeed! But what did it mean?" he asks, pondering the pig's final words Knowledge (arcana) check to try to figure out what was going on with the pigs - particularly the one that spoke: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15.

The half-orc scholar picks up his bowler hat from the ground, brushes it off, and places it back on his head. "Lady Kendra! Are you alright?" Korvus asks the young woman as Maximus wings over to alight on his shoulder.

Korvus' DC 15 Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Maximus' DC 15 Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"Oh dear!" Korvus exclaims, peering down the road upon seeing a hint of movement. "Uh, gentlemen? Lady Kendra? I believe Master Tyon and his wife or daughter are returning. I fear we may have some explaining to do..." he warns, glancing about at the scenes of slaughter in the farmyard and within the barn.

DM Haldhin:
Would it be possible for Korvus to clean up the worst signs of the slaughter using Prestidigitation? Also, how much would it cost to replace 18 pigs?


Kendra seems to be in shock, "That pig, it spoke to us! What did it mean - who was it talking about? And why was it talking in the first place?!"

She hears Korvus mention the people coming up the road, "You're right, that's Tyon and his wife, Gertie. And we're standing here, covered in blood, and all of his pigs are dead."

She glances at Korvus, "We better think of something fast or we're going to have some explaining to do. They won't believe us if we tell them the pigs attacked. These are superstitious people, and they don't know any of you, so they'll immediately believe the worst."

Kendra looks down the street at Tyon and Gertie, then turns back, "They know me a little bit, should I go speak with them before they get here?"

Korvus:
Regarding the pigs, the only thing you can think of is that they might have been possessed. You're not sure how that would happen, and you don't know if it's even possible, but that's the best you can come up with given the evidence.

Prestidigitation would do that. It would still be obvious that all of the pigs were killed in the barn, but the interior would be significantly less ghastly.

A pig costs 3 gp - since some of these were little, we'll say 13 pigs at 3 gp, and 5 pigs at 1 gp. That would be 44 gp total.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

"Do what you can to smooth things over", Bjorn says. "But something's got to be going on here."

The big Ulfen picks up the shattered remains of the door and puts them in place only to have them crumble to the ground again.

"I may owe them for the door."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus murmurs the words of his Prestidigitation cantrip and waves his hand toward Kendra and Alexei, causing the spatters of pig blood speckling their clothes, skin, and weapons to disappear.

"Yes, I think it would be best if you and Master Dawnreach spoke to them first, Lady Kendra. If you would be so kind please explain to Master Tyon how we are pursuing the investigation of the defacement of Warden Hawkran's statue on behalf of Sheriff Caeler, and that the Sheriff directed us to speak with Masters Gibs, Johann, and himself to see if they had noticed any suspicious activity in the past day or so."

The half-orc scholar pauses and then is struck by a new thought. "In fact, while I am loathe to prevaricate, you could tell them that as we arrived we initially found the farm deserted, but soon discovered the scene of slaughter within and outside the barn - all of which is true, of course. When we received no answer to our knocks Master Stonehand subsequently battered down the door to their house because we feared that they may have been harmed as well. By all means, we are willing to replace their door, and we certainly wish to find out what exactly happened to their livestock. How does that sound to the rest of you?"

Korvus quickly uses the magics of his cantrip to clean himself and the rest of his companions, as well as the worst signs of the slaughter within the barn so that the interior doesn't look like an abattoir. "If I were to hazard a guess I would have to say that one or more of the pigs were possessed, as odd as that may sound," Korvus explains to the others as he busies himself hastily cleaning. "Although I'm not sure how that would happen, or if it's even possible. But that's the best I can determine given the evidence with which we're presented."

251 to 300 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.