Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


151 to 200 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

"Stick your nose in a book if it pleases you. I'll see what I can get out of the sheriff."


Male D Fighter 1

"Forewarned is foreamed, as the Professor used to say. I'd know a bit more about this Harrowstone before we dance merrily through the gates." Gunther states grimly.


Enjoying the roleplaying, just let me know when you want to move on.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}
Oliar wrote:
"We don't have to ask the sheriff. Ghoroven opened up the Town Hall library for us. Should be in the books there."

"He did? Excellent!" Korvus exclaims excitedly. "Do you believe it would be possible for us to review the archives this afternoon following lunch?"

Bjorn Stonehand wrote:
"Stick your nose in a book if it pleases you. I'll see what I can get out of the sheriff."

"Yes, I believe that would be a good idea," Korvus agrees with Bjorn's plan. "The more information we can gather in the least amount of time the better."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Oliar smiled at Korvus, "Sure, we just need to pass by Ghoroven on the way there so he can pull his strings."

When the Half-Orc more or less gave the Ulfen the green light to silence the sheriff Oliar rolled his eyes. Some people were so naive, it was a miracle they still lived.


Male D Fighter 1

"Kendra, what do you know of this Sheriff...I don't think I caught his name,"Gunther looks to Lorrimar's daughter.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}
Gunther Steinhammer wrote:
"Kendra, what do you know of this Sheriff...I don't think I caught his name,"Gunther looks to Lorrimar's daughter.

Harold hangs his hat and jacket on the chair as he takes his seat for lunch. Harold folds out his napkin, stuffing its tip down his collar, "Mr. Ghoroven said 'is name was Caeler. And i' wouldn't 'urt ter put in a stop wiv da local law. You can learn mawer from what a lawman ain't sayin' awer actively denyin' what da words what spill forf from their mowfs. I'd also like ter find what gen' an' 'is buddies from da Restlands, da one frowin' mud all over da Prof's name. They still need a few etique'e lessons on manners at funerals." Harold digs into the meal with an appetite.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

"Just try not to cause too big a stir, Grimsley. It would be nice if we could leave this place, without them burning it down to spite us while we are away." Alexei shakes his head, sits and begins to dig into his meal.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Finishing up the last of his meal, the big Northman stands up from the table.

"There's still a few hours of daylight. Let's pay a visit to the Sheriff", he says to Harold. "Dwarf, you coming along again?"


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Once everyone finishes their lunch Korvus quickly cleans the dishes with a minor magical cantrip. "There we go! Can't leave Mistress Lorrimor's house a mess, can we? Now, let's pay Master Ghoroven another visit and see about gaining access to those archives. Lady Kendra, would you be so kind as to accompany us to provide Master Dawnreach and myself with an introduction to Master Ghoroven?" Korvus asks politely as he dons his jacket and retrieves his hat and walking stick from the foyer.


Kendra again insists on going with the group, and leads you north into town again. Instead of continuing through the town to Alendru's school, you enter a large building on the north side of the town center.

A man wearing leather armor and a skull cap sitting behind a desk greets you and asks your business. After hearing you want to meet with the Sheriff, he excuses himself and enters a door behind his desk. A few minutes later, he comes back with a stern-looking man wearing chainmail and wearing a longsword. His grey hair hangs in a tight braid common to men from the north. He looks over your group before settling on Kendra. "Ms. Lorrimor, my condolences. Your father helped me in many investigations and he will be sorely missed."

Turning to Bjorn, he stares for a few minutes, "Forgive my interest, it is not every day that I see a fellow Ulfen warrior in these lands. Be welcome here."

He looks over the rest of the group again before continuing, "Now then, what can I do for you today?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn almost winces at the acknowledgement.

"Aye, well met", he manages to reply gripping the man's forearm in a fierce warrior's greeting.

"We have an interest in the ruins of Harrowstone. What can you tell us about the prisoners that were kept, and ultimately, died there?"


The sheriff regards the group for a moment before answering, "Well, that's before my time, but I'll tell you what I know. Harrowstone was home to the most ruthless and dangerous criminals of its time. It was the final destination for all of its inmates - they were sent there to die. Most were there for execution... For some reason, the headsman there didn't bend them over and take their head with an axe or sword. No, he made them kneel down and face him, so he could see their face when he used his scythe for the task. For those that weren't to be executed, the rest of their lives were spent in dimly lit underground cells. They never saw the sun again."

"Now, mind telling my why you're interested in Harrowstone?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

"It's related to Professor Lorrimor's passing. Some of his notes lead us to believe that there may be more to Harrowstone than we may be able to see." Alexei sighs softly, stopping himself from saying more than is necessary.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus' expression takes on a horrified cast as he listens to the sheriff speak of Harrowstone Prison. The gentleman half-orc gulps audibly as the sheriff finishes his gruesome description.

Korvus nods in agreement with Alexei's response to the sheriff's question, and glances toward Kendra before adding, "We have reason to believe that the good Professor was murdered by one or more individuals seeking someone - or something - in the ruins of Harrowstone Prison. We're trying to determine what it is that they sought, in the hope that it will somehow lead us to the murderers."


Sheriff Caeler looks pensive before responding, "I see. You have reason to believe he was murdered, do you? Interesting, because my boys and I looked all over the site where he was found and it looked like an accident to us. Perhaps you would like to share your reason with me?"

He stands up and folds his arms across his chest, "And for what it's worth, nobody but me goes after murderers in Ravengro. The last thing we need around here is a bunch of vigilantes taking the law into their own hands. Is that clear?"

As he finishes speaking, a sharp knock receives a sharp bark from the Sheriff "Yes?!"

The deputy enters and walks quickly to his side, speaking quietly into the Sheriff's ear. As he does, you see the Sheriff's irritation turn to outright anger, "They did what?! Get the others, we've got to head down there."

The deputy rushes out, closing the door behind him.

Sheriff Caeler turns and grabs his sword and begins to secure the belt around his waist. As he's doing this, he stops suddenly and raises his eyes to glare at you. "You all come in here, asking questions about Harrowstone, telling me there are murderers around, saying that a prominent citizen was their victim. Now I hear that our monument to Warden Hawkran - the last man in charge of Harrowstone and a town hero - has been desecrated with blood."

He finishes buckling his sword belt while keeping all of you in his sight.

"Why don't we all head down to the monument together? I might have some more questions for you when we arrive."

Assuming the group complies

As the group exits the building, he pulls Bjorn aside and they walk together a few strides ahead of everyone else:

Ulfen:
"Brother, I give you the benefit of the doubt for now. But I must know why you and your friends are really here. What aren't your friends telling me about what's going on in Ravengro?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn's head spins at how quickly things get out of control.

The big Ulfen follows the sheriff and looks to the others to do the same.

Bjorn regards the man cautiously. It'd been years since anyone had called him brother.

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Assuming nothing suspicious comes up:

Skald:
"I cannot say for certain, but we believe some sort of dark cult has made their home within the ruins. The professor opposed this cult and was investigating when he was killed. The orc thinks he was killed by magic."

Bjorn speaks the last few words as if spitting out a curse.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei frowns deeply at the news of a monument being desecrated, and his mind immediately moves to thoughts of the Whispering Way. "We should go. This is likely more relevant to us than you would think, Sheriff."

Alexei adjusts his backpack as he starts following the sheriff.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold hurries to follow the others as they race out toward the desecrated monument. The half-orc goes over what the sheriff had said in his head on the way there. He said they looked around and it looked like an accident but knowing the law they glanced at the door and that was their thorough investigation. Now we got blood spilled on some old relic, the Prof sure knows how to leave a guy a funtime.


Sheriff Caeler looks at Bjorn seriously before responding:

Skald:
"Very well, I accept your word for now. Let me figure out what's going on here and we will talk more."

Bjorn, the sheriff appears to have accepted your comments for the moment, and you get the sense that had you spoken differently, you and your friends would be in serious trouble.

As you arrive, a group has already started gathering around the large statue. Moving closer, you see a stone figure carved to represent a man standing tall, wearing a uniform with a badge on his left breast. His right hand is clenched into a fist and placed on his hip while his left hand holds a large baton at his side. The statue stands upon a large pedestal that contains a plaque on the base. The detail that draws the most attention, however, is the massive amount of blood that has been splashed across the monument. In addition to the blood covering the statue, the culprit also made one deliberate mark; the letter “V” has been drawn across the plaque.

Sheriff Caeler immediately takes charge and begins moving people away from the monument. Most of the people quickly retreat, moving even faster as the deputy you saw earlier arrives with three other men.

Perception DC 15:
It appears the blood was splashed high upon the statue and allowed to run down. The spill and droppings cause more of the statue to be obscured; it is likely a small amount of blood was used, but a cursory glance at the statue would indicate much more.

Perception DC 20:
Based on the color of the blood, it was likely placed there several hours ago, likely sometime last night.

You can get within twenty feet before the Sheriff and his deputies ask you to not come any closer for the moment. Please let me know if you want to do anything specific. Feel free to make relevant skill checks in advance.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Oh my! Who would do such a thing?" Korvus exclaims upon seeing the blood-spattered statue, revulsion evident in his tone.

"And what is the significance of the letter 'V', I wonder?" he muses more softly, peering intently at the bloody symbol through the pince-nez perched on his bestial snout.


Male D Fighter 1

Perception check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Blood's dry, whoever did this did it under cover of darkness."Gunther states, looking the statue up and down.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Perception - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"And it wasn't so much - no more than a tankard's full perhaps. Look at how the streams grow thin at the bottom", Bjorn points out.

The big northman takes advantage of the sheriff's diligence and studies the ground near the statue, in hopes of finding a trace whoever defaced the statue.

Survival - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Oliar nods in agreement with both men. Like the Ulfen man he moves closer to the statue, both to further examine it and to read the plaque.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Alexei has a complicated expression on his face as he observes the scene. A combination of frustration and pity seems to be ingrained on his face. "Dawnflower forgive us, this is just not right."


Bjorn:
During your examination, you notice a small clump of dirt about ten feet to the south. As you look closer, the clump appears to be comprised of dirt and blood covering a weathered wood chip. The consistency of the blood is consistent with that on the statue.


Oliar:
The plaque reads: Here stands Lyvar Hawkran, last Warden of Harrowstone Prison, and hero of Ravengro. This monument stands to honor the sacrifices he and his guards made to keep these lands safe.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn keeps on eye on the spot in question and edges to the front of the crowd.

"Sheriff!", he calls out.

Assuming he answers Bjorn's call:

Skald:
"I see something left behind by the one that did this. Watch the crowd. See if anyone reacts to my discovery."

Bjorn then closes on the wood chip and scoops it up.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus murmurs the words to a minor cantrip and studies the statue and surroundings for the presence of magical auras. Cast Detect Magic.


The Sheriff reacts to Bjorn's comments and looks sternly out at the crowd as Bjorn retrieves an object from the ground. After twenty seconds, he turns back:

Skald:
"Good idea, but nobody showed anything other than curiosity. Hold on to what you found and let me see it after we clear out this crowd."

He looks at the crowd, "Okay everyone, time to head home. We'll find this vandal and let everyone know on the Boards."

Sheriff Caeler begins diplomatically herding people away, with his deputies soon following his lead. Five minutes pass before the people are gone, and the Sheriff heads to Bjorn to see what he's found.


Korvus:
You do not detect any magic on the monument, but please make a Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft roll. There is something about the way the "V" is written that draws your attention...


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

DM Haldhin:
Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 - geez! I can't get a decent roll!


Korvus:
You notice the "V", something about the shape of it, or how it's written. It seems important somehow, but you can't quite remember why... You're just saving them up for later!


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn nods and examines his prize while he waits for the crowd to disperse.


Once people have moved away, the Sheriff approaches Bjorn with two of his deputies. "What did you find?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Heh, I'm not sure what I found.

Bjorn holds up his prize so the sheriff as well as the others can see it.

"Some sort of wood chip covered in blood. It may have come off whoever defaced the statue."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Alexei looks at the wood chip in Bjorn's hand, looking befuddled. "Interesting... Though I can't say I have any idea where it could have come from."


You get some more checks now that you are closer and have time to inspect it.

As everyone else gets a good look at the dirt-covered wood chip, some of you may notice something else. The chip itself is only about an inch across. It seems like it was caught in a boot or shoe from the tread mark on one side. Unfortunately, there is not enough of a tread mark to match a specific sole.

Knowledge (nature), Perception, Survival DC 15:
The wood appears to be from a larger piece of wood that was hit with an axe or other bladed tool.

Knowledge (nature), Perception, Survival DC 20:
You notice the dirt around the wood chip is unlike the ground near the monument. The dirt near the statue is sandy and lighter, likely from the nearby stream. The dirt on the wood chip is darker and richer, as if it had been worked, possibly coming from a field or garden.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"This wood chip appears to be from a larger piece of wood that was hit with an axe or other bladed tool," Korvus notes, pointing to the piece of wood in Bjorn's hand.

Korvus squints through the lenses of his pince-nez and peers intently at the wood chip. "Ahh! This is interesting!" Korvus exclaims excitedly. "Look here - the dirt around the wood chip is unlike the ground near the monument. Do you see? The soil near the statue is sandy and lighter in hue, likely from the nearby stream. The dirt on the wood chip is darker and richer, as if it had been worked - possibly from a field or garden."

The scholarly half-orc glances up at Sheriff Caeler and his companions before adding, "If I had to hypothesize, I'd say that this wood chip came from a farmer's wood pile."


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn stares at the fragment.

"I don't suppose that helps much. There has to be dozens of farmers nearby."

He turns to the sheriff, "Unless you know of a place nearby that this could have come from."


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold wanders around the statue while the crowd is there, absorbing all the scenery and any buildings of the nearby town that might have an unobscured view of the monument. Witnesses might of seen something and not even know it.

Harold heads over to check out Bjorn's discovery with the rest once the crowd is dispersed somewhat. Checking out the chip, Harold nods in agreement with the others before looking to the sheriff, "Hey Sheriff, there anyone in town what 'as a farm next ter da stream awer a local river? We can work down from da closest ter town ter further out, removin' suspects as we go. I'd also be curious ter know what type ov blood what is there all over da statue. If i' be blood from a geezer awer lass, someone might be dead awer at least a bi' white after bein' let like that. If i' be animal in nature, might be what narrows aaahr search down even further."

Perception Check vs wood chip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Alexei gives the wood chip another look over. "Hmm, well, I can definitely see it being from the surrounding area. I agree with Harold, interviewing some townspeople might be helpful."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Scent Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

While the others are talking Oliar sniffs the piece of wood. "Perhaps I can help trace the thing. I'm not much of a tracker but my sense of smell is a lot better than all of yours and I doubt the perpetrators counting on someone smelling them out."


The Sheriff listens to all of your comments before considering the wood chip again. "Well, there are seven farms that line the river, but you can rule out three of them since they're fallow this season. One of the remaining ones is a community farm, so there isn't a wood pile around it. That leaves three..."

"If you all want to take a look at the farms, I'll get this area secured and cleaned up. This can't be official though since I don't have time to deputize you and I'm not allowed to hire anybody without council approval. Be mindful of the owners if they see you around their property."

He provides you the location of the three farms, along with names for each of the owners. Here is a list, from nearest to the monument to farthest away:

Farm #1: owner - Gibs
Farm #2: owner - Johann
Farm #3: owner - Tyon

To try and identify the blood:

Heal, Knowledge: nature DC 15:
The blood is not human, but it is from a warm-blooded animal. Unfortunately, there is not enough here to identify a specific creature.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4 [ HP: 39/39 | AC: 21 T: 11 FF: 20 | F: +4 R: +3 W: +6 | Init: +7 Per: +5 | 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Channel: 4/5 EB: 4/4 | Effects: None ]

Heal check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Alexei gives the blood a closer look, thinking there might be something more to it. Sadly, after a few seconds and a long pause, nothing can come to mind. He shrugs, mildly disappointed in himself.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

Bjorn offers the wood chip to the cat-monster so he can get a good whiff.

"Let's get going then", the big Northman says. "The sooner we catch up, the better our chances of catching the devils red-handed."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

DC 15 Heal check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - nope, no idea!

"Sheriff Caeler? If you wish, I can cast a minor spell to clean the blood from Warden Hawkran's statue quickly," Korvus offers respectfully. If the Sheriff allows, Korvus casts Prestidigitation to clean the statue.

The half-orc frowns in thought as he considers the information provided by the Sheriff regarding the nearby farms. "I beg your pardon, Sheriff. Did you say that the nearest farm is that of a Master Gibs? Would that be the same Master Gibs who so disrespectfully instigated the ruckus at the Professor's funeral yesterday?"


Sheriff Caeler responds to Korvus' offer of assistance, "Thank you, but no. I'd rather have my men clean it off to make sure we don't miss any possible evidence. I may take you up on the offer later, after we've finished our work. Perhaps this evening?"

"And yes, I'd heard about that. Gibs is one of the local farmers, and one of the most superstitious people in town. He is always bothering me or my men with his tales of goblins or spirits raiding his fields. Just the other night he was telling me about dreams he was having about being stuck inside some kind of jail. Kept calling it an "omelet", he seemed drunk so I chased him off. He's obnoxious, but he's alwyas been harmless, barring a handful of scuffles after a few too many drinks. His farm is right up the stream."

He points through a growth of trees to a farm about 200' northeast of the monument.

Knowledge (dungeoneering, engineering, history, local) DC 15:
Given the context, the word Sheriff Caeler uses reminds you of "oubliette", a form of dungeon only accessible from a hatch in a high ceiling. These type of cells are generally used for the most dangerous prisoners.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)

"Gibs has a mouth on him and doesn't know when to shut it, but he's never been more than a pain in the ass", Bjorn offers.

"Let's see what he has to say for himself", the big Ulfen says as he starts in the direction the sheriff had pointed.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

DM Haldhin wrote:
Sheriff Caeler responds to Korvus' offer of assistance, "Thank you, but no. I'd rather have my men clean it off to make sure we don't miss any possible evidence. I may take you up on the offer later, after we've finished our work. Perhaps this evening?"

"Certainly, sir. It would be my honor to assist in any way possible," Korvus replies to the Sheriff with a bow.

DM Haldhin wrote:
... Just the other night he was telling me about dreams he was having about being stuck inside some kind of jail. Kept calling it an "omelet", he seemed drunk so I chased him off..."

"Yes, I suppose being trapped in a dream 'omelet' would be quite uncomfortable," Korvus chuckles and then pauses as a new thought occurs to him. "Hmmm... I wonder if he meant that he was trapped in an 'oubliette'? It's a form of dungeon that is only accessible from a hatch high in the ceiling - a type of cell typically used only for the most dangerous of prisoners..." the half-orc scholar muses aloud.

151 to 200 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.