Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


51 to 100 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gunther:

You recognize the book you're holding as Serving Your Hunger, an unholy book detailing rituals sacred to Urgathoa, the goddess of gluttony, disease, and undead.

You also see many handwritten notes in the margins, many of which appear academic in nature.


Characters are welcome to make Knowledge arcana, history, planes, or religion checks to identify the tomes in the chest.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Where's those Intimidate and Survival relevant books? =P

Bjorn lumbers up to the open chest that the group is assembled around and picks up the journal that everyone is making a fuss about.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

A few minutes later, the hulking Ulfen returns the book to the chest.

"It looks to me like this might be worth mentioning to the church", he says. "If there's necromancers and ghosts at work, they'll want to know, but this isn't any of our business."

"The professor's will asked that we watch over his daughter for a month and then return these books to the university. It didn't say anything about chasing after restless spirits."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

At the Funeral:
As the funeral service ends, Korvus approaches Father Grimburrow and Kendra. "That was a beautiful service, Father," Korvus says somberly, shaking the priest's hand. "A fitting tribute to a great man."

Korvus graciously accepts Kendra's invitation and accompanies the small group back to the Lorrimor manor.

After the Reading of the Will:
Glancing at the other gentlemen as if requesting permission, Korvus picks up the journal and quickly scans through the pages. Noting the sections circled in red ink, Korvus reads those sections aloud for the others. Once he finishes reciting the most recent entry he flips through the pages again before handing the diary to Harold. The half-orc scholar ruminates on the information that he read in the journal as he listens to the others' conversations and theories. Seeing the silent dwarf examining one of the tomes, Korvus steps over and makes a cursory examination of the other two tomes as the others speak.

Tome 1 - Knowledge (Arcana) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Tome 2 - Knowledge (Arcana) check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Bjorn Stonehand wrote:

"It looks to me like this might be worth mentioning to the church", he says. "If there's necromancers and ghosts at work, they'll want to know, but this isn't any of our business."

"The professor's will asked that we watch over his daughter for a month and then return these books to the university. It didn't say anything about chasing after restless spirits."

"I quite agree, my good man. I believe that Father Grimburrow should be made aware of this information," Korvus says, clasping his hands behind his back and beginning to pace about the room as he continues speaking. "However, as Masters Grimsley and Dawnreach have pointed out, the good Professor's death seems a bit too suspicious to attribute to mere restless spirits. His journal indicates that he was shadowing representatives of some necromantic organization known as 'The Whispering Way' and attempting to thwart whatever dastardly intentions they had here in Ravengro at the ruined Harrowstone prison, which experienced a fire at some point in the past."

"Look at the timing on the last entry in the journal - seventeen days ago. The Professor stated that he would 'return to the prison' the following night - from the wording of his entry it sounds as if the necromancers of the Whispering Way were planning to complete some sort of ritual that night. That would have been sixteen days ago. Lady Kendra said that the town guards found the Professor's body near Harrowstone prison fifteen days ago. Based on that timing and what we now know of the Professor's intentions, I think it highly unlikely that his death was an 'accident'. No, I think it safe to say that the Professor - our friend - was murdered. I believe that we owe it to the Professor - and the Lady Kendra - to see his murderers brought to justice!" Korvus concludes, smacking his fist into the palm of his other hand.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei moves over to the chest of books and begins looking through them. "I understand your reluctance, but if we could possibly finish discovering what the Professor had not been able to... well, I can assure you that even from the afterlife, it'd please him, greatly."

The man runs a finger down the spine of one of the books, and a thought almost visibly hits him. He turns to the Ulfen man and seems to almost smirk. "At the very least, there may be the opportunity to confront whatever may have led the Professor to his end..." Alexei allows the thought to hang, though the intention is all too clear. "The Dawnflower teaches us to forgive, but some men do not want to be forgiven." The oracle returns to looking at the various books in the chest.

Knowledge (Religion) check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn listens to Alexei and Korvus's words.

He sits in silence as he considers a response.

"If you're right and there's a group of magic-addled madmen in Harrowstone, it wouldn't be right for us to walk away without seeing the Professor's work finished", the big Northman agrees. "This Whispering Way owes a king's weregild that I am going to collect."

"Harrowstone then? How much of this should the girl know?"


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"I believe we should share all of this information with Lady Kendra," Korvus replies to Bjorn's question. "Being the Professor's daughter, I daresay she's more than intelligent enough to put all of this together herself once she sees her father's journal. And again, being the Professor's daughter, she would probably insist on conducting the investigation herself even if we didn't offer our assistance."

"As far as where to start the investigation, I believe Harrowstone would be a fitting place - the scene of the crime and all that. In fact -" Korvus pauses as he looks about the room, taking stock of the plethora of books on the shelves and remembering the multitude of bookshelves throughout the house. "We may be able to do a little research tonight. With as many books as the Professor kept here in the house, we may be able to find something about the history of Ravengro and the Harrowstone prison. And possibly some information about this Whispering Way cabal as well."


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

At the mention of research Bjorn looks around at the surrounding shelving.

"I do not believe I'd be much help with that."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Oliar sighs, both because the damn lock refuses him and because the other seem to finally grasp what he already suspected. The professor's death had been too convenient, too simple. The only simple death that had fitted the professor had been one over a dozen years in the future, when he simply was so old he'd break down.

"I'm sorry guys, this lock is beyond me. It's a beauty, never seen it's like before and I hope to never see another." If the indebted in Druma got hold of such a lock it would be the end of his career.

"I agree though, we should talk about this with Kendra. We should also do it discretely as we also want to know how much she already knows." No one was beyond suspicion, ever. He had learned that much. "Similarly, while we should discuss part of this with the father we once again should be careful so we can get an idea of what he knows already." He gave the Ulfen a wary look as he suddenly realized the man had been living in this area for some time. Perhaps his idiocy was just an act and they had been cradling a viper at their bosom all along.


Male D Fighter 1

Gunther continues to scan the tome, frown lines forming on his craggy brow. After every couple pages or particularly ghastly illustration he wipes his hand on his shirt, as if to wipe away some unseen film. looking at the notes to see any mention of Harrowstone, Whispering Way, etc


@ Bjorn

Those checks come later... cue evil DM laugh MWAHAHAHAHAHA!


Korvus:
You instantly recognize the other two tomes: a jet-black book is titled On Verified Madness, a treatise on aberrations and other entities found on Golarion that possess remote ties to the Dark Tapestry, the name given to the dark places between the stars in the night sky.

The other in a gray cover is The Umbral Leaves, a Common translation of the unholy book of Zon-Kuthon.

Both of these books are marked inside the front cover as property of Lepidstadt University.


To conduct research, characters should roll any relevant Knowledge checks - arcana, history, local, planes, etc. Researching a topic requires 1 person to spend 8 hours on the task, but this can be divided up into several people; i.e. 2 people would require 4 hours, 4 people need 2 hours, etc. If divided up, each person needs to make a skill check.

Upon cursory examination, it appears most of the books in the Professor's house deal with religion, rituals, cults, and malicious undead and spirits. Characters probably will not have much luck looking for information on topics not on this list (i.e. the history of Harrowstone prison) - it's not impossible, but finding those specific books in the house is likely to be much more difficult.


Gunther:
You read through several of the notes, but all of them are apparently linked to broader research topics. For example, one of the notes points to a passage about a particular disease - the note is "Similar to red pox?". You do not find anything about the Whispering Way in the notes.

Good idea though


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei seems rather put off at Oliar's suggestion. "Caution is well and good, but to even suspect the man's daughter? That's a tad much." He shakes his head and lets out a short sigh. "I understand that you are probably not in the business of trusting people, but the sadness and loss I saw in her eyes was real. She has nothing to do with these events, and I can swear on the Everlight's name that that is the case." The man takes a deep breath, attempting to compose himself.

"We should assuredly try and ask her about some of this tonight, before she turns in. Tomorrow, we can ask Father Grimburrow some questions, as well. Does that sound acceptable to you fellows?"

I don't suppose there's a chance I can roll again for Knowledge (Religion)? A whopping 6 probably won't find much.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"The girl's been through enough today. Southern women aren't built for grief like they are in. Let's save this business for the morning", Bjorn suggests.


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

"Just know that I'll be gone when she stabs you in the back. I do not intend to let that happen to me." Not again. "She may be involved without knowing. I don't think she herself would harm her father but while I'm no expert on the matter, there are plenty of stories about ghosts, demons and whatnot possessing people or even just hitching a ride. You can never be too cautious." But you could, actually. He was in the professor's house and for some reason there the paranoia started creeping back in.

Oliar sat down, " We still want to know what she knows before we tell her anything. She might just shed a new light on things, regardless of whether or not she's involved in any way, shape or form."


Alexi, if that was an attempt to identify the books left to you in the will, then you can roll three more times; there are four books in the chest aside from the journal:

1. A jet-black book
2. A gray book
3. A green book (which Gunther is holding)
4. A purple book with a scarab on the cover (which Oliar is holding)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Okay, cool, I'll do that, then.

"It must be awful to be so untrusting, חתול." The word still sounds soft and airy, but it is very obviously not used as such. Alexei's eyebrows draw down, frustration with the Rogue clear on his face. "Regardless, I still believe that we should talk to her tonight."

Celestial:
Cat.

The Chelaxian takes one of the leftover books from the chest, one with a jet-black cover, and begins to skim through it.

Knowledge (Religion) check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold sniffs at the mention of research, nodding in agreement with Bjorn, "Not much ov an avid reader myself either. But I'm sure there are some blokes abaaaht town who can poin' in da right direcshun fer some answers." He takes up his glass of liquor again, sipping slowly as he paces the room while watching the others. When the conversation flows to Kendra, the half-orc speaks up, "Let's not go jumpin' ter any conclusions yet. We should let da little gal know in da mornin' what we don't like da way fngs stand wiv da Prof's dearf. A bi' an' all staged, a bi' an' all convient. We'll be makin' inquiries wiv da locals an' checkin' aaaht da scene ov da 'accident'. She may be all fer i' like any good daughter would be if 'er farfer was possibly murdered an' da killer awer killers was still at large. If she ain't fer it, whiether from wantin' fngs dead buried awer cause dis is all some plot ter inheri' sooner rarfer van later, we'll investigate anyway an' we'll know soon enuff if we should go besmirchin' a young lady's 'onor in such a way." He swirls the last drops of his drink about in the glass before throwing it into the back of his mouth.

Harold sets the glass delicately down on a table while he glances to the others, "For know, let 'er 'ry an' sleep away da events ov today. It's 'ard enuff buryin' da ones yew love ter then bein' grilled as if she was some inquisitor's plaything. The dead are dead an' are in no rush. Things can si' until morning. After that, we're gon'a 'un' down da sonvanewts who offed da Prof an' I'm gon'a teach 'em ter sin' fruff eight meters ov in'estines pulled up fruff their own stomachs be they livin' awer departed."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei sighs softly, "...I suppose you're right. Tomorrow, then."


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Without another word, Bjorn leaves Korvus to his research and retires to his room.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Very well. It has been a long day. Perhaps it would be best to get a good night's rest before beginning our research in the morning. Good evening, gentlemen." Korvus bows to his fellow house guests and retires to his room.


Male D Fighter 1

With a look of disgust, Gunther replaces the green tome in the chest. He nods his head in acknowledgment as Bjorn and Korvus leave. Then stands himself, "I'll be takin' my leave then. Sounds like we've work tomorrow."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

While the others are leaving one by one Oliar instead puts down the locked book and starts leaving through the book on the Whispering Way, reading all he can about the organisation. He needs to know what he's dealing with, what their identifiers are, how they communicate, basically everything he can. He needs to see it coming this time.

Eventually he fell asleep in his chairs, his dreams filled with the faces of those who died that night several years ago.


The evening passes uneventfully. Kendra knocks on each of your doors around seven in the morning to let you know she has prepared breakfast for you. (Oliar, you are woken to find Kendra gently shaking your shoulder.)

As you enjoy the meal, prompted by your initial inquiries, Kendra shares everything she knows about the current situation:

Assume you had time to conduct any spell memorization, prayers, etc you normally would have done first thing in the morning. If anybody wants to do something out of the ordinary - like leave the house for a jog, go purchase an ale at midnight, let me know.

To save some time, I am going to summarize what Kendra knows about her father's death, but feel free to ask any other questions you might have for her.

  • She reported her father missing after he failed to return home on Moonday, Arodus 17th. She met Sheriff Caeler early on the 18th. (The 17th corresponds with the journal entry dated "Seventeen Days Ago")

  • Her father would frequently leave the house on research, but he always returned home before nightfall. The only exceptions were when he planned a trip to visit a colleague, but he always told Kendra ahead of time when he would be away overnight.

  • Given his advancing age, Kendra was concerned that he might have hurt himself and been unable to return home.

  • A standard patrol of the area surrounding Harrowstone discovered the Professor's body on Wealday, Arodus 19th.

  • A large piece of masonry apparently came loose from the building and struck Petros in the face, crushing his skull. The sheriff theorized that he looked up right before the masonry struck him. Father Grimburrow indicated that Petros likely died instantly.

  • He was kept in the Temple of Pharasma under gentle repose spells until his burial.

Kendra indicates that she does not know many specifics about her father's work, but Alendru Ghoroven, the teacher in town, may know something. He owns a small school and scriptorium in town called The Unfurling Scroll.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold takes a stroll around the house, looking out windows and just generally checking to make sure the place isn't being watched or if someone is lurking about looking to get up to no good once everyone is asleep. He checks the doors and windows to make sure they are secured before heading toward the room set aside for him to enjoy a night of peaceful sleep before the proverbial manure hits the fire.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Kendra wakes each of you the next morning. It appears she has spent her time preparing a breakfast of sausage, fruit, and a variety of juices and water. While the fare isn't the best you've ever had, it certainly is refreshing.

Kendra is dressed in a solid black dress, common, she says, for people in this region after the burial of a loved one. She also confides in the group that she is unsure what to make of her father's death, and that certain aspects of it have her concerned. While she can't offer much, she wonders if some of you would be willing to dig around a bit to see what you can find?

Kendra relates the following about Petros' death:

  • She reported her father missing after he failed to return home on Moonday, Arodus 17th. She met Sheriff Caeler early on the 18th. (The 17th corresponds with the journal entry dated "Seventeen Days Ago")

  • Her father would frequently leave the house on research, but he always returned home before nightfall. The only exceptions were when he planned a trip to visit a colleague, but he always told Kendra ahead of time when he would be away overnight.

  • Given his advancing age, Kendra was concerned that he might have hurt himself and been unable to return home.

  • A standard patrol of the area surrounding Harrowstone discovered the Professor's body on Wealday, Arodus 19th.

  • A large piece of masonry apparently came loose from the building and struck Petros in the face, crushing his skull. The sheriff theorized that he looked up right before the masonry struck him. Father Grimburrow indicated that Petros likely died instantly.

  • He was kept in the Temple of Pharasma under gentle repose spells until his burial.

Kendra indicates that she does not know much about her father's work, but Alendru Ghoroven, the teacher in town, may know something. He owns a small school and scriptorium in town called The Unfurling Scroll.

Feel free to ask any other questions that aren't covered above.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn is up early, just a few minutes after dawn, and after pulling on his breeches the Ulfen leaves his room and exits the house.

Stealth to not wake Oliar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Barefoot and bare-chested, Bjorn goes about his morning routine: a three mile jog followed by six sets of crunches, six sets of chin ups, and a dozen sets of push ups (six with both arms and then six alternating on each arm individually). By the time he's done, the big Northman has worked up a significant sweat/appetite and he returns to the estate.

As he cools down from his workout, Bjorn breaks his fast. He seems to be a little more at ease around Oliar but still keeps a careful eye on the strange white-furred creature.

Bjorn interjects as Kendra begins talking about her father's final days.

"The professor hired help for dangerous work dozens of times. Why would he venture into Harrowstone alone?", he asks in between bites.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Waking from a good night's rest, Alexei begins his morning prayer. Clutching his Holy symbol tightly to his chest, he spends the next hour in deep thought and concentration. Upon finishing, he heads down to breakfast.

Swallowing a bite of his food, Alexei looks to the Ulfen man. "It is possible that he didn't feel he was in any immediate danger? Ms. Kendra, did he inform you before he left about where he was going?" A thought seems to strike the oracle. "...He would have said something, yes? Did he mention if he would be going alone?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"The professor was not one to take needless risks", the hulking Ulfen says just before slurping noisily. "He must have known something to make him rush into danger like that."


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Perception vs Bjorn 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Right when Bjorn passed by Oliar turned his head to face him, "Hurry up you fool! That devil-spawn still is behind us!" Directly after finishing his sentence he turned his head again and snored a bit.

The next morning Oliar wakes with a stiff neck and starts stretching in the middle of the room. For his breakfast he sticks to fruit and water, politely refusing the sausages as those weren't allowed. Too bad she didn't have eggs. He nods when Alexei asks Kendra what she knows but that is shortly followed by a soft shushing sound when Bjorn proceeds to spoil things.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn leans over and helps himself to the breakfast meats the white-furred devil doesn't seem to be interested in.

"You weren't going to eat that right?"


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

"Help yourself." He missed meat at times and was rather glad most fish and birds were still ok, if with moderation.


Kendra looks at Bjorn, "I don't know if he was actually going into the prison, the deputies found him outside the wall of the prison grounds, so I don't know if he ever even made it beyond the front gate."

She looks at Alexei, "No, I had no idea where he was spending his time. He always kept the details from me, always trying to protect me."

Sense Motive 15:
Kendra cannot hide her displeasure at her father's attempts to protect his "little girl".


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn sticks another sausage noisily into his maw.

The monster doesn't eat meat...

Sense Motive - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

The Northman looks to the others hoping one of them will break the news about the Professor's final works. He hated making womenfolk cry. It wasn't something girls in his homeland did often.

"Girl, listen up. It's about your father."

Bjorn goes on to explain the contents of the journal.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Alexei nods as the northman begins explaining, and mentions some things he had noticed in the journal, as well.


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Oliar nods as he hears the other speak about the situation, he was satisfied with what he had seen and, as he actually had hoped, it seemed Kendra wasn't involved, at least not conciously. When the Norseman starts talking he pays very close attention to what was said, making sure no details he considered important were left out.


Kendra listens attentively, asking pointed questions from time to time, apparently in an effort to better understand the timing of the highlighted entries.

As Bjorn finishes, Kendra stares ahead, lost in thought. She places her right hand on the table and begins silently drumming her fingers. Kendra finally looks up, "So, is it your intent to go after this Whispering Way? Because I intend to, and I'd much rather work with you than waste time trying to find other associates. My father obviously trusted you, and that's good enough for me. What do you say?"


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"I can't speak for the others but I plan to find out what it was your father was so worked up about that he walked into a trap and set things right", the Ulfen explains.

"But you're going to stay safe, here. Your father's last wishes were that we look after you and dragging you hilt deep into this madness certainly does not count as safe."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Korvus studies his spellbook before joining the other house guests for breakfast. The gentleman half-orc silently listens to the conversations in progress as he fixes a plate, feeding pieces of fruit to the small blackbird perched on his shoulder.

"Please forgive my presumption, but I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we most definitely intend to track down the vile miscreants who we believe murdered your father," Korvus states emphatically.

"But first, we must learn all we can about this Whispering Way cabal and what they may have been searching for in the ruins of the Harrowstone prison."


Male D Fighter 1

"Maybe we should talk to this Alendru Ghoroven, if m'lady thinks he could shed some light on her father's recent work."Gunther absentmindedly scratches his beard, he's barely touched his breakfast.


Kendra laughs, "Really now, you're going to keep me safe? As if I'm not capable of taking care of myself?"

She stands up, "Well, I guess I'll be upstairs hiding under my sheets!"

Moving toward the door, she says over her shoulder, "Dad kept several books on various cults and religions around the house. I don't know where they, but if you find them, they should provide some details on the Whispering Way."


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"That girl is trouble", Bjorn says as his hand finds its way onto Gunther's plate.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei chuckles softly in response. "That she may be," he says, his grin seeming to reach his eyes for the first time since coming to Ravengro. "Looking into those books she mentioned is likely a good first step to getting some insight into what may have happened, or at the very least, why he was so inclined to charge off unprepared."

Finishing his breakfast, Alexei stands and ponders where to start looking in this library-like house.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"Books aren't really my strength", the Ulfen mutters.

Bjorn looks to Harold and the dwarf, "Why don't we visit Ghoroven while the others do their studying?"


Male Catfolk Rogue (Cat Burglar) 1

"Because we might need Ghoroven alive?" The tone of his voice suggests that his remark isn't entirely in jest. If Bjorn did end up being smarter than he appeared and be a cultist spy he would most likely grab any chance he had to dispose of people that might threaten their plan.

The suggestion of studying he didn't mind though. He wasn't the most knowledgeable person around but he could read and was no fool.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"Who said anything about killing him?", Bjorn says in confusion. "He was close to the professor like each of us. He might know something."

"If you don't want me talking to Ghoroven, I could always keep an eye on Kendra under those sheets", the big Ulfen says with a too straight face.


Male D Fighter 1

Gunther slides his plate towards Bjorn. "You may find the locals aren't too welcoming to orcbloods, Belkzen's just over them hills to the norwest."He looks towards the door Kendra just exited. "Maybe bringin' Ms. Lorrimar might not be a bad idea. Ghoroven and the Professor bein' friends and all."

51 to 100 of 1,546 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.