Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


551 to 600 of 1,546 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

I'm sorry, where's the combat map? I tried looking on the Obsidian Portal and I couldn't find it there. What shared folder?


It's the Google Drive folder; I have included a link to the folder on the Campaign Info tab, and posted a url link in the Discussion thread. Sorry for the confusion.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Oh, awesome.

Bjorn moves to H10 and taunts Gibs.

"Come on then. Come get what I should have given you the other day on your farm."

Ready to Grapple.
Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

Hoping that this Gibs hasn't spotted him getting up, Korthul tries to silently hop/sidle over to Gibs and push him off the side of the balcony by throwing his full weight onto the madman.

Secretly, he hopes nobody sees him hopping and/or sidling in chains, due to the embarrassment factor.

Korthul tries to move silently to G14, using acrobatics to try to mitigate the penalties due to his chained legs and hopefully speed himself up a bit. He'll draw his trusty dagger as he moves if that's allowable in this strange case, and if he hasn't been stripped of his possessions (which I don't think was ever mentioned to me). If he gets within 5 feet of Gibs, and still has a Standard Action left, he'll try to Bull Rush him off the side of the balcony.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Bull Rush attempt (CMB): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei moves to stand at Bjorn's side, weapon and shield at the ready.

Move to G9. Ready an attack, should Gibs come in striking distance.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold spits in Gibs general direction as he moves with Bjorn to cover the stairs and taunt Gibs to come rushing down, "Gibs, yew walkin' pile ov pig manure, we've been lookin' fer yaaahr gutless self. Thee could ov done us all a 'uge favor an' cut yaaahr own froat befawer killin' those guards, now we 'ave ter make sure we keep enuff life in yew ter 'ang fer yaaahr transgressions awer da Sheriff'll be a might bi' ticked off." The half-orc keeps his sword held down by his side casually.

Harold will move to F:10, the base of the stairs and ready for if Gibs charges down toward Bjorn.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Assuming Gibs is still visible...

Round Two:

"As Master Grimsley said, we need to take Gibs alive if possible," Korvus calls to his companions. The half-orc wizard keeps his wand trained on Gibs and mutters the activation word again, sending a missile of magical energy darting toward the madman.

Standard action to fire wand at Gibs.

Magic Missile Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wand of Magic Missile charges used: 2/50

Korvus' AC: 11
Korvus' HP: 15/15


Round 2 Recap
24 Asha
20 Bjorn
20 Harold
19 Alexei
15 Korvus
15 Kendra
15 Angelia
14 Korthul
14 Gibs

With a curse, Asha reloads her pistol then follows the group.

Bjorn and Harold move toward the base of the stairs, waiting on Gibs to come to them. Alexei moves to support them, preparing to strike if Gibs comes near.

Korvus looses another bolt from his wand, and watches in satisfaction as it impacts against Gibs' chest.

Kendra draws two daggers and advances beside Asha.

Angelia remains in her position, maintaining her vigil over Korvus.

With practiced ease, Korthul tenses his body, then performs a series of flips and rolls, resulting in an impact with Gibs that knocks him down the stairs.

As he finishes his roll, Harold slashes down with his sword but misses the prone form of Gibs as the farmer thrashes around.

Unfortunately for Gibs, Bjorn doesn't miss and reaches down to embrace the smaller man in a grip as strong as iron.

Gibs flails about, trying in vain to break free, but he fails miserably.

On to the next round!

-----

Bjorn has Gibs grappled, and a new face has appeared at the top of the stairs.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Nice move Korthul!

Bjorn is too busy manhandling his prey to notice the newcomer that helped facilitate it.

"This is for..."

Maintain Grapple to Pin: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 5 = 30

With an almost animal growl, Bjorn hoists Gibs off of his feet in a crushing bearhug pinning his arms to his sides.

"...insulting the good professor's at his funeral!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei begins to chant in Celestial, gesturing roughly with his morningstar. He then taps the hand on his chest, before resuming his readied stance and moving in to range with Gibs.

Cast Divine Favor. Five foot step to G10.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5
Bjorn Stonehand wrote:
"...insulting the good professor's name at his funeral!"

Ugh, typo.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

The face at the top of the stairs belongs to that of a very human-looking half-orc that has suffered some serious facial damage in the past. He appears to be quite short for a half-orc, only just six feet tall if even that. He turns his head to the group and curtly bellows, "Leave him alive. I have questions that need answering."

Bjorn Stonehand wrote:
Nice move Korthul!

Thanks! Glad I got to join the group with a figurative bang!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

You guys are conspiring to stop me from getting to swing at things with Divine Favor up, aren't you?!

Also, belated hi, Korthul. Welcome to our little party.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn's eyes go wide as Korthul shouts from the top of the stairs. Weren't these ruins supposed to be abandoned? First a crazy woman with poor understanding of cause and effect and now an ugly-as-sin whelp of an orc. At least this one wasn't foolish enough to threaten him.

"Don't worry. I just want to rough him up", the big Ulfen says as he tightens his hold.

Sorry Alexei. =(


Female Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Cavalier (Musketeer/Luring Cavalier) 2

Asha put away her gun when Bjorn grappled the miscreant. He might be a thug but he just proved himself useful so risking shooting him was stupidity. "I agree with the big guy here, rough him up a bit. Slap some sanity into that skull as he's clearly lacking any." She still kept her hand on her pistol in case Gibbs managed to get away.


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold reverses his grip on his sword as Bjorn easily hoists up Gibs in a mighty bear hug. He looks up at another half-orc on the platform that sent Gibs tumbling down like a sack of potatoes and tips his hat to him. Harold proceeds to reel back his hilt clutching fist for a punch to knock Gibs into a deep sleep, "I don't know abaaaht da rest ov yew but I could do wivaaaht 'is mowf fer da rest ov da trip back ter town."

Trying to knock Gibs unconscious for the trip back.
Unarmed Attack, Nonlethal vs Gibs: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Unarmed Damage, Nonlethal vs Gibs: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Three:

"Well done, Master Stonehand!" Korvus cheers for Bjorn, keeping his wand trained on Gibs. "Keep him confined and let me see if my theory is true," the half-orc wizard adds, murmuring the words of the spell that will allow him to see magical auras and studying Gibs intently.

Standard action to cast Detect Magic and studying Gibs for aura(s).

Welcome, Korthul!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei hooks his weapon at his hip, before beginning to gesture similarly to Korvus with his now-free hand. The oracle begins to mutter airily, as his eyes start to glow a dim orange-red.

Sheathe morningstar (move action). Cast Detect Magic to assist in studying Gibs for auras (standard action).


Round 3 Summary

24 Asha
15 Korvus
15 Kendra
15 Angelia
14 Korthul
14 Bjorn
14 Harold
14 Alexei
14 Gibs

Asha puts her gun away while Korvus approaches I assume since he would be ~90 feet away if not and casts a spell. Angelia follows beside him.

Kendra continues her movement, stopping slightly behind Bjorn. She keeps her daggers out, but down at her side.

Korthul bellows down to the group below, announcing his presence. I didn't make it clear last round, but you didn't draw your dagger - you can do it now if you want to, as well as get your feet out of the chains.

Bjorn roars and pins Gibs arms to his side while Harold connects with a massive roundhouse to the back of Gibs' head, drawing a painful gasp from the man, but leaving him conscious.

Alexei places his morningstar back at his hip and casts a spell.

Gibs gibbers and screams incoherently, veins bulging on his face as he tries to free himself. Failing to break Bjorn's grip, Gibs slumps forward with a deep exhale. Head still bowed, he begins laughing the high-pitched cackle of a madman. Still giggling, he says, "Let The Reaping begin!"

Korthul:
Out of the corner of your eye, you see a ghostly scythe rise up out of the balcony, held aloft by two bony arms that end at the elbows. The arms swing the scythe around a few times, then finally hold it up in a position as if ready to strike. The scythe silently floats toward you... It ends its move twenty feet away from you.

Alexei, Korvus:
You detect magical auras in the area.

-----

I will update the map when I get home tonight.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

"This is for aiming a weapon at me!", Bjorn grunts as he crushes Gibs in the bearhug and wrenches on his ribs.

Grapple to maintain pin and deal damage w/ power attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 1 + 5 = 30
non-lethal damage: 1d3 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Four:

Korvus continues to study Gibs, tyring to determine the number and strength of magical auras enveloping the madman.

Full round action to determine the number of different magical auras enveloping Gibs and the power of the most potent aura.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

Korthul becomes distracted from his bellowing to the group below and turns around to see the terrifying apparition approaching. He barks out, "I don't know who you people down there are, but I'd get my weapons ready if I were you. Something terrible approaches," while drawing his axe and dagger, waiting for the thing to come nearer so that he can hopefully knock the ghastly scythe away.

Korthul takes a 5 foot step towards the stairs and draws his two weapons as a move action. He readies a standard action to strike the bony arms holding the scythe if they come within his reach.

Attack and damage rolls, if necessary: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei notices the half-orc at the top of the stairs words and actions, and once again draws his morningstar. He attempts to discern if there is any magic coming from the balcony.

Draw morningstar as a move action. Spend the rest of the turn attempting to detect magic at the top of the stairs.


Female Human (Garundi/Keleshite) Cavalier (Musketeer/Luring Cavalier) 2

Asha pulls out her pistol and her buckler before moving to a position where she shares a view with the man that had stumbled down the stairs. She keeps her gun ready for whatever it is that she faces.

Move action to move so she has line of sight to the stairs while drawing her pistol and buckler.
Readying an action to shoot whatever is up there if it gets within 20 ft (which would mean +7 vs Touch AC)


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

With Gibs seeming to deflate somewhat in Bjorn's arms, Harold flips his sword around to secure it back on his belt when the new half-orc up top starts yelling about something terrible this way comes. Harold stops stowing his sword as he starts to stalk up the stairs to see what all the hub-bub is about.

Moving to top of stairs and readying to hit any enemy if it comes within range.
Temple Sword Attack vs ???: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Temple Sword Damage vs ???: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Round 4 Recap
15 Korvus
15 Kendra
15 Angelia
14 Korthul
14 Bjorn
14 Harold
14 Alexei
14 Asha
14 Gibs

Korvus detects one aura on Gibs, and another aura on the balcony.

Kendra remains where she is, preparing to attack Gibs if he manages to escape Bjorn's grasp.

Angelia moves forward to place herself between the stairs and Korvus.

Bjorn crushes Gibs to him, causing the farmer to fall unconscious.

Alexei detects one aura on Gibs, and another on the balcony.

Korthul steps back and draws his weapons, swinging at the scythe as it closes with him. Unfortunately, his aim is off and he misses his target.

Harold races to the top of the steps to stand beside Korthul, bringing his sword around in a wide arc but failing to hit the floating scythe.

Asha moves forward and draws her pistol, aiming at the scythe on the balcony. With a sharp report, she fires at the floating weapon, but her shot passes through it as if it wasn't there.

The skeletal arms bring the scythe around to cut into Korthul's arm, leaving a deep gash dealing 6 damage.

DM Screen:
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 17
2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

-----

Sorry, forgot to update the map yesterday, but uploading a new one tonight.

Gibs is unconscious.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei's attention is diverted to the floating scythe on the balcony as Gibs passes out in Bjorn's grasp. Gasping slightly at the floating weapon, he climbs the stairs and moves to engage it.

Move Action and Standard Action to move to G13.


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn drops Gibs's limp form to the ground. He kicks the unconscious madman one more time for good measure.

"And that's for being ugly."

The big Ulfen kicks the war razor aside and gets a rope out. He kneels down and begins tying Gibs up.

"What the hell is going on up here?"


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

As the enormous half-orc, Harold, engages the floating scythe, Korthul looks at him in surprise, letting out a quiet exclamation, "Korgath? What are you...?"

His sentence is cut short by a grunt of pain as the scythe bites into the flesh that had so recently been cut open by Gibs' war razor. Fresh blood pools, and Korthul realizes he must focus on the task at hand.

With a new warrior in the fray, Korthul hopes to take tactical advantage, as he quickly dodges and weaves his way around the scythe, hoping to attack it from its "flank," wherever that is on a floating weapon being carried by disembodies arms.

Once in position, he swings with his axe.

Korthul uses Acrobatics to avoid attacks of opportunity and get into flanking position with the scythe. He then attacks.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Attack and damage (does not include flanking): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak attack (if applicable): 1d6 ⇒ 4


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold growls as the whirling scythe spins back and forth out of the path of his own blade. His fellow half-orc, who goes from surprised to wounded to focused in a matter of seconds, circles on the opposite side of the animated scythe. Harold sways his sword in a fluid dance as he calls out to Korthul, "Name's Harold, chum. Let's see if we can't cut this puppet's strings."

Harold goes on the offensive as he strikes out against the haft of the scythe with two blows that speed out like lightning.

Flurry of Blows on the Scythe.
Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows Attack vs Scythe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows Damage vs Scythe: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Five:

"Almost got it..." Korvus mutters, focusing his attention to drive out all other distractions in his desire to finally determine the type of magical aura enveloping Gibs.

Full round action to determine the school of magic associated with the aura around Gibs. Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Round 5 Recap
15 Korvus
15 Kendra
15 Angelia
14 Korthul
14 Bjorn
14 Harold
14 Alexei
14 Asha
14 Gibs

Korvus:
You identify the aura on Gibs as being from the necromancy school. The aura on the balcony corresponds with the scythe, and also detects as necromancy. Both are moderate strength ~ 4th-6th level spell

Angelina remains motionless, vigilantly watching for any threats that may target Korvus.

Kendra watches over Gibs as Bjorn bends down to tie up the unconscious man.

Korthul grunts in pain, then quickly dodges to the side and around the swinging scythe, ending up on the opposite side from Harold. He swings his weapon at the floating weapon but misses.

Harold aims rapid strikes at the scythe, but he seems to have lost his focus as his blows rain down harmlessly around his target.

Alexei pulls his morningstar and rushes up the stairs to stand beside Harold.

Asha reloads her weapon and moves into a better position for firing at the floating scythe.

The scythe rises up and flashes down toward Harold, but only manages to gouge a furrow into the wooden planks of the balcony.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

-----

Bjorn, you tie up Gibs, and Kendra volunteers to watch him and call out if he wakes up.

Map updated.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei grits his teeth as he strikes out at the scythe with his weapon, then steps over to try and get into a better position.

Standard action to attack with Alexei's morningstar. 5 foot step to H13.
Morningstar vs. Scythe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Morningstar damage vs. Scythe: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn nods.

"If he moves even a brow, slit his throat", the Ulfen instructs Kendra as he moves towards the commotion.

Cresting the top of the stairs, the bit Northman gasps at the sight of the animated weapon. He quickly digs into his pack for the 'siphon' he was handed earlier that day.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Six:

"Definitely a necromantic effect - likely tied to possession, if I were to hazard a guess," Korvus says, approaching Kendra and the bound Gibs. "Angelia? Please keep an eye on Master Gibs in case he is playing false," the half-orc wizard requests of the spirit-animated armor as he raises his wand to fire a missile of mystical energy toward the ghostly scythe.

Move action 30 ft to square K,8. Standard action to fire wand at the animated scythe.

Magic Missile Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wand of Magic Missile charges used: 3/50


M Half-orc Monk (Martial Artist) 5 {HP 43/44; AC16(20), T16, FF13(17); F+7 R+7 W+7; Init+2; Perc+10} {Effects: none}

Harold grunts as the scythe whips about too fast for any of his blows to prove effective. As the others start to rush up the stairs to the melee, Harold calls out, "We got aaahrselves a fies'y 'arvestin' an' alll 'ere. Wee best put i' down befawer we all end up like stalks ov grain."

Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows Attack vs Scythe (+2 for flanking): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 221d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Temple Sword, Flurry of Blows Damage vs Scythe: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

Korthul gives Harold a brief look of thanks as he introduces himself, and then returns to the task at hand, attacking the grim scythe with his weapons.

Attack with axe (+2 flanking, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 ⇒ 6
Attack with dagger (+2 flanking, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 ⇒ 6


Round 5 Recap
15 Korvus
15 Kendra
15 Angelia
14 Korthul
14 Bjorn
14 Harold
14 Alexei
14 Asha
14 Gibs

Angelia moves quickly until she is standing over Gibs while Korvus looses a magic missile at the scythe.

Kendra watches Gibs, nervously glancing up at the scythe as the rest of the group converges on their new target.

Korthul swings both his axe and dagger at the scythe; his axe passes through the scythe, but his dagger connects with one of the skeletal arms. 9 damage

Bjorn moves up the stairs and retrieves his haunt siphon.

Harold swings his sword in concert with Korthul, weaving his blows in to take advantage of his ally's axe and dagger strikes. His first blow passes directly through the scythe, but his second leaves a wide mark as proof of it's impact. 8 damage

Alexei moves to the side and attacks with a ferocious blow, but he watches in astonishment as his weapon passes through the scythe.

Asha watches in anticipation, waiting to see if another enemy appears.

The scythe flips over and slashes at Korthul in a wide arc, leaving a ragged scratch across his armor, but failing to penetrate the thick leather.

DM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 10

-----

Next round.

Map updated.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

Alexei grunts as his weapon passes straight through the weapon, but is not deterred. Regaining his stance, he takes another swing, putting all of his strength behind the blow.

Standard attack action.
Morningstar vs. Scythe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Morningstar damage vs. Scythe: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Lantern Lodge

A spectre of some kind. She heard stories about other Shieldmarshalls who had encountered such apparitions out in the Wastes and their guns had been useless, like hers seemed to be now.

So instead of fighting she moved over to Gibbs' side in order to better keep an eye on him while also surveying the surroundings to see if an other threat emerged.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn unstopped his siphon and pointed it, not entirely sure what to expect.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

Round Seven:

Korvus sees Bjorn take out his haunt siphon, and pauses to see what effect the item will have upon the scythe-wieleding specter.

Delay until after Bjorn's action takes effect.


Sorry, didn't see any updates in my profile tabs for this thread (or any others, for that matter).

Alexei swings his morningstar again, but is frustrated to see the attack pass directly through the floating scythe once again!

Bjorn flips the lid open on the vial and aims it at the scythe. A cloud of green gas flies out and toward the scythe, completely enveloping it. Small flashes illuminate the cloud as it spins around, allowing everyone to clearly see the scythe twisting and writhing as if being pulled to pieces. Several seconds pass before a high-pitched keening starts, only to be abruptly silenced as the gas changes color from a light green into a dark gray.

As quickly as it emerged from the vial, it flows back into the haunt siphon and the lid snaps shut of its own accord.

The scythe is nowhere to be found.

Bjorn:
The siphon is about three times as heavy now, and is cold to the touch.

Korvus, Alexei:
The magic auras you had detected earlier have disappeared.

Let me know how you want to proceed. You have a Gibs unconscious and restrained, and a new "friend" who was Gibs' prisoner until you allowed him to escape.

DM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 2


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn watches in a mix of awe and fear as the siphon's magic goes to work. As the colored gas refills his tube the big Ulfen stares at it in fear of what will come next.

After a few moments, he stows the siphon carefully back in his pack.

"Let's get Gibs back to town", Bjorn says with the edge of fear in his voice.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Conjurer) 5 {HP 34/34; AC 15, T 11, FF 14; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8 vs. fear effects; Init+1; Perc+12} {Effects: Mage Armor}

"Yes, I believe that would be a wise course of action, Master Stonehand."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Oracle of Life 4

With the disappearance of the scythe and the magical aura, Alexei relaxes slightly. He turns to Bjorn as he begins to store his weapon. Coughing softly to find his voice, the bearded Chelaxian begins, "Indeed. I suspect taking him directly to the Sheriff would be the best plan." Giving the area a quick but careful look, he then turns and moves down the stairs to keep an eye on Gibs.

Perception check from the balcony: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn bends down and with a grunt heaves the bound and unconscious Gibs over his shoulder. He rapidly looks like himself again. Bjorn folds the war-razor shut and tucks it into a pocket.

The massive Northman addresses Korthul.

"I appreciate you feeding Gibs to me but who the hell are you and how did you end up here? Did you come here with the madwoman?" he asks indicating Asha.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1

Korthul does not relax when the scythe disappears, and while he does not sheathe his weapons, he does lower them to take a less threatening posture, he looks around at the group, appearing to size them up.

Bjorn Stonehand wrote:
"I appreciate you feeding Gibs to me but who the hell are you and how did you end up here? Did you come here with the madwoman?" he asks indicating Asha.

"I was about to ask you the same. I came to in that room over there," he says, indicating the room behind him, "where your madman has been performing some dark deeds." Korthul indicates a few of the scars on his arms that appear more recent than others. "These are fresh. And someone is slain by his hand." A worried look crosses his face for a moment, but Korthul does not elaborate further.

He once again turns to look at the group as a whole, spending a bit more time eying the walking statue. He returns his gaze to Bjorn's. "And what of you? This does not seem an appropriate place for an Oathday stroll. Too many flying armaments."


Dang it, forgot to mention... There is a reinforced wood door leading from the balcony into the prison itself. Additionally, people on the balcony see the body of a dwarf lying nearby... its head lies five feet away.

Thanks Korthul, your post jogged my memory!


Ulfen Cleric 2/Heirophant 1 (HP 29/29; AC:19, T:12, FF:17; Fort:+7 Ref:+3 Will +7; Init+2; Perc+9)
Resources:
Channel Positive 5/8 | Channel Cold 6/6 | Mythic 1/5

Bjorn was referring to Asha (the gunslinger). He was asking if you came with her.

"We came from Ravengro to bring this man back", he says nodding to the unconscious Gibs slung over his shoulder. "We're all friends of a man that lived there. A professor..."

"You say there are other bodies up there? It's bloody work but let's bring as many back as we can. The sheriff will want to know exactly how many this coward butchered."

551 to 600 of 1,546 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 3 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.