Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


401 to 450 of 1,082 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Feel free to roleplay as much as you want, but let me know when you want to head back to Harrowstone. Nothing "unusual" happens during the evening.


Female Human Cleric / 1

"If all of you don't mind, could I go with you when you continue to investigate what happened to Professor Lorrimor? After coming all this way, I really couldn't just leave and head back home without knowing what actually happened to him.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"We'd appreciate any help you're willing to give. This has proven pretty dangerous so far though, and we'll be heading back into the place where you were locked up. It would be understandable if you didn't want to go back there."

Looking back to Sethis, Leon shook his head. "Good idea, except I'm betting Lysa wants a bath and a change of clothes before going into a tavern. We've been traipsing around a dirty old prison all day. We could all stand to spend some time getting clean before we brave the public eye, don't you think I know I want to at least change my shirt. These burns have been seeping. It's not a particularly pleasant feeling?"


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"That's why I was gonna order stuff and pay them to deliver it. Everyone can clean up, relax and we can all eat while we go over our notes and everything we've figured out so far. Go ahead I'll catch up in a bit."

Sethis will then (if no one objects) go into the inn unless there's an actual restaurant in town and orders food and wine for eight and pays extra to get them to deliver it when its ready.


Female Human Cleric / 1

"That is a wonderful idea. I'm not in any kind of shape to be picky, so I will take whatever they have ready to go."

Lysa will continue on with the others to Kendra's house and will introduce herself to the young woman and apologize for her tardiness, offer her condolences for the Professor's death and lament the fact that she was unable to attend any funeral service for him.

Then, Lysa will ask to use a bedroom to clean up in and change her clothing. When done cleaning herself up, she changes into her clerical vestments since her traveling clothes are in dire need of being washed. Then Lysa returns to the group, hopefully just as the food is arriving.


Kendra is very accommodating, offering Lysa the use of a very nice bedroom, complete with a wash basin full of warm water.

-----

Sethis, you are directed to The Laughing Demon, the local restaurant in town, for all of your meals. To your surprise, the fare actually seems quite good for such a small town. The restaurant is almost completely full, though the proprietor quickly takes your order, promising fast service.

While you are waiting on the food, the following conversations reacher your ears.

Rumors and Gossip
1. Jominda Fallenbridge does more than brew potions—she brews drugs and poisons as well and sells them through agents in other towns. Why else would the sheriff be so interested in her business?

2. Now and then, if you visit Harrowstone near sundown, you can hear the ghost of the warden’s wife wailing and sobbing from somewhere within the ruins. She haunts the prison now, forever mourning her husband and attempting to frighten anyone who intrudes on the prison.

3. They say that Harrowstone’s executioner still guards the execution balcony on the western side of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if carried by an invisible spirit.

4. Stories that Harrowstone is haunted are just that—stories. The ruins are still dangerous, but what folks think are ghosts are only the nasty
vermin that live there.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

after paying for the goods Sethis will return to the Lorimmor estate and regal everyone else with what's on the lips of the common folk.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"I really hope those are just stories. That ghost scythe doesn't sound good at all."


Female Human Cleric / 1

D'oh, forgot to add something for when Leon mentioned seeping burns.

At the mention of injury, Lysa turns to Leon. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't even notice that you were injured. Here, let me help you."

If Leon lets her, Lysa puts her hand upon his chest and casts cure light wounds upon him.

clw 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"Wow. Thanks, that feels a lot better." Leon grins, "Yeah, you can definitely come with us.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

"I'm sure that the local rumours are just that, rumours, but I don't doubt we'll encounter hazards enough."

So off to the prison in the morning?


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Yep


Late in the evening, as everyone is preparing to retire to their rooms for the night, a loud knock at the front door surprises everyone. With a curious look, Kendra rises from her seat and peers out the window. A small "Oh!" escapes her lips before she hurries over and opens the door.

"What a surprise, it is good to see you again, thank you for coming. Father has already been laid to rest, but please come in. Several of Father's associates are here, and you should meet them."

Kendra closes the front door and leads the visitor into the parlor.

Jean, feel free to post

We'll let Jean get into the group, then head back to the prison.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Leon sat near the fire with an impressive stack of books and the contents of the evidence locker next to him on the table. Records from the prison were arranged into categories and lined up with the appropriate books. He occasioanlly stopped to scribble something in his small notebook.

When the newcomer entered the parlor Leon smiled broadly and stood. "Jean!"


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Jean dropped his plans to move west-ward and had ridden hard for Ravengro after receiving news of Petros's death. It was night time as he arrived in town and immediately rode to his friends home. Tying Wallace up on a nearby fence post he headed to the front door and gave a loud knock.

At the news of Kendra's father already being laid to rest, Jean sighed.
If only I had ridden harder.

He followed Kendra to the parlor where he and Petros had discussed many different subjects over the years. "Forgive my late arrival Kendra. My business was pressing and I was delayed from receiving word. It is good to know that there are others, who could be here to see your father off."

Jean looked across the room as his name was called and saw... "Leon?!" He was surprised. How long has it been? 2 years? 3 now? He had still been a boy then, just coming into his own. A small smile appeared on his face. "It seems you've become a man now." He crossed the room and shook hands with Leon.

"Tell me, how long have you known Petros? I knew he had many colleagues and students but he had never mentioned you before."


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"Remember that tutor Uncle Simon kept taking me to every summer when I was a kid? It was Professor Lorrimer. I didn't know you knew him either. Guess he probably didn't know you were related to me."

Looking around the room, Leon introduced the others. "Jean, these good people are Mithas, Sethis, Lysa, Girvin, and Firavel. Everyone, this is my cousin Jean."

Mentioning the characters turned NPC because they haven't left us yet.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Jean looks around the room, nodding to each of them in turn.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"Pleased to meet you Mr Whitemane."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Mr? Now I'm starting to feel older.

Jean looked at the Half-elf with a neutral expression. "Sethis, was it? Just Jean will do."

After setting his pack down; Jean studied the familiar looking parlor and the group currently occupying it. Taking note of the locker and the stack of papers and books. An odd hour to be studying.

"I trust Petros had a good service and I am sorry to have missed it. I will depart the day after next to give my mount time to recover. Kendra, is my usual room is still open? If not, I will find somewhere else."


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"Actually, if you have the time, we could really use your help."

Looking to the others, Leon said "Jean and I, our families, well, let's just say we have a long history of fighting against the darkness in Ustelav. Jean's an impressive tracker. He'd probably help a lot in reverse engineering the Professor's investigation of Harrowstone."

"Have a seat, Jean. Here's what we know..."

Over the course of the next hour or so the group spins the tale of the Professor's funeral and the investigation into his death that followed, culminating in a journey into a haunted prison and the rescue of a captive priestess.

Montage!


Female Human Cleric / 1

Lysa nods politely to the other newcomer and finds a seat near Firavel as Leon begins his storytelling. She is quite interested in hearing of the Professor's funeral and of the events that led them to investigate Harrowstone and rescue her.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Mithias greets the new arrival and interjects a few comments into Leon's recounting of their adventure to date.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

He had planned to visit his friends grave on the morrow, speak with those still remaining and reminisce about the good times he and Petros had shared before leaving the following day. Jean sat and listened intently to the entire story and made no move to respond until it was finished. He knew the moment he would have found out the reason for Petros's supposed accidental death he would not have believed it. The man was knowledge-able about architecture and practical he would have never gone near a ruined building during a storm. It appears that agents of the darkness have begun moving yet again.

Jean stood. "I may be quite helpful with this endeavor and I will do all I can to help you find whomever did this and put a stop to them. On the morrow we will return to this prison."


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Anything left to cover before we move on to the next day?


Female Human Cleric / 1

Shall I assume Kendra offers Lysa a place to stay for the night?


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

I'm good to go


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Let's do this thing.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Good to go. Nearing the end of Canadian thanksgiving weekend. I'll be able to post more tomorrow. Lysa, there was a post a bit further up where she got a very nice bedroom with washbasin.


Female Human Cleric / 1

Thanks, wasn't sure if that was to just clean up in or for the whole night. Ready to go as well.


Kendra allows anybody who needs a room to stay, as well as providing a meal the next morning.

You arrive back at the prison without incident, and nothing seems to have changed since you left yesterday. Assuming you go back inside, the group basically has two directions to choose from: you can continue investigating the large area that Firavel discovered when he found Lysa, or you can push through the auditorium area (S15).


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

once we arrive I'll resummon my eidolon before entering the grounds.

is the area Firavel was exploring s16


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

I vote we head to where Firavel was exploring. In which case Jean will take the lead with his Long-sword and Buckler if no one has any objections. If we head to the auditorium he will switch to his Long-bow and take a position near the rear of the group. Also, not that I'm looking for a hand-out, but I built Jean primarily as a ranged combatant and then while reading the campaign to know the full story I couldn't help but notice all of those magical and silver arrows you lot came across earlier.


S16 is the room where you found all the evidence with the tags.

Firavel ended up exploring the room opposite the stairways at S9 and S10 (both doorways leading west off that hallway are to the same large room). That space contained the room Lysa was in, another room that Firavel avoided, and several other doorways that were unexplored. I'll update the map when I get home from work.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Are the characters turned NPC taking off in the morning?


Girvin will be with the group for a few rooms... :)


Female Human Cleric / 1

Well, that doesn't sound good for Girvin

Since she doesn't know where the group has already been, Lysa doesn't offer much of an opinion on which areas to explore next. She will cast Light as needed to provide additional illumination to whatever they were already using.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

"We'd best take care should we wish to go back to around where I found Lysa. There was something in a nearby room. Something that can fill a room with thick webs."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Knowledge Nature:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Jean furrows his brow at the mention of webs. "Sounds to me like a giant Spider took up residence there. Don't touch the webs if you can avoid it, you'll likely become stuck and spiders use it as a sort of detection system for prey. If we head that way, fire will be our best chance for clearing out those webs. The vermin knows it's webs as well as you would know your own home, it likely has made tunnels for itself and can move around freely. Furthermore their bite is full of a paralytic poison and if one gets on top of you, call for help and try to kill it, they're notoriously hard to get off with all those legs." As he talks he removes his pack and pulls out a torch, lighting it with his flint and steel.


Based on what I'm seeing in the thread, I'm going to assume everyone has returned to the prison and you're in the entry hall - S2. I get the impression you're going toward S8 to investigate the webs. Is that how would you like to proceed?


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Yes to location and yes to direction heading, though I can't say I speak for everyone.

A moment later he addresses the group again. "These spiders are known to be able to fire a sort of net like webbing at targets, they are also stealthy, even more so in their webs but that does not mean they will only be found there. They may be on walls or ceilings so be aware of that. Finally, their strands are thick and sticky, so make sure you have a clear shot at it before you fire any projectiles at them. Any questions?"


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"So we burn the webs, flush the spiders and kill them. Sounds like a plan."

Leon takes a moment to light a few torches with a flint striker and pass them out, then draws his sword.

"Shall we?"


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Works for me.


Female Human Cleric / 1

Lysa takes a torch from Leon. "Uhm, sure. I'll be right behind you."


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"Are you sure starting a fire in the prison is such a good idea? Buildings aren't really a strong point for me but if you think it'll survive, the building I mean, I'll do what you suggest."


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"It already burned down once. Everything we're wandering around in is what survived. Stone is good at that."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

"Leon is correct, we should be fine so long as the stone is not suddenly covered in oil. Now, lets go." With that Jean takes the lead of the group, heading the direction the others tell him to go.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

"I'm not sure the fire reached much up here, what with the tables, shelves, evidence and the like. Still... Lighting fires in a haunted prison filled with ghosts that died from the flames that blasted through it? Ahh, 'living dangerously', how I missed you."


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

"We could just cut our way through it and save ourselves the potential complications"


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

"Your blade may become stuck. I admit there is potential for giving strength to the restless spirits here by using flames; you will attract the attention of the spider(s) and have to deal with them in their webs. I do not believe any evidence found here will be too terribly missed, or help us much with our investigation."


Female Human Cleric / 1

"Well, I've never dealt with giant spiderwebs before, but normal cobwebs will just flare up for moment as they burn and then go right out. Since these are in stone rooms, hopefully they will burn up quickly before having the chance to catch anything else on fire. Assuming of course that there is anything left in the room that is flammable."

401 to 450 of 1,082 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.