Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


601 to 650 of 1,082 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Well, we are on the hunt for ghosts at this point.

Jean moved south down the hallway, taking a moment to examine the contents of each cell. Leon's earlier words had reminded him that this place had haunts which could spring up anywhere, so he had pulled out his siphon in one hand and his sword in the other.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21+2 if Undead are involved.

Will Save if necessary1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

Lysa still hangs near the back of the group, carrying her torch in one hand and her morningstar in the other. Lysa is content to let sleeping skeletons lie and doesn't bother any of the cells as they move south.

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel sticks near the front of the group in case there is a need for him to deal with the more mundane dangers of traps and the like, his elven curve blade back in hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Leon copied Jean's stance, blade in one hand, Syphon in the other pulling up the rear of the group.


As the group moves down the hallway, you all start to hear odd noises. Out of the corner of your eye, you could swear you see movement, but when you turn to look, there isn't anything there except a leering skeleton lying on the floor of the cell.

A clattering draws your attention to the north, and to your surprise, a skeleton is now lying in the middle of the hallway... and there wasn't one there when you walked by just a few seconds ago.

From the south, you hear a high-pitched voice, "Who is there? More children? Yessss? Come here, children... Come to see your Father! He he he he he."

Firavel:
As all this is happening, you notice that Lysa's face seems strange somehow. She grins at you shyly as she catches you looking at her, then her face begins melting! Will save please

Lysa:
You catch Firavel looking at you intently, and you give him a small grin in response. His eyes seem weird though... a second passes and you realize what's wrong. His eyes have gone completely black. Will save please


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 +2 for charms or compulsions


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

The clattering to the north had Jean turning on his heels to look back at the skeleton now in the hallway, and the voice to the south had him whirling back.

"Leon, make sure we have options. Firavel, with me."Jean kept his sword facing the south while he replaced his Siphon with a vial of holy water. He stepped to the left side to make room for the Elf to stand with him. He had realized too late, this was a bad place to be.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"This place just keeps getting better and better..." Leon grumbles.


Lysa:
You blink, and when you open your eyes, Firavel appears to be back to normal. He continues to stare at you though, giving you an uneasy feeling, as if something is not quite right with him...

The voice fills the hallway again, "Be sure to bring treats, children. Be nice and bring me a tasty treat! Tasty morsels, yes? Tasty... children, Father likes tasty treats. Father likes tasty ... children! Yesss! Tasty children!"

The loud report of breaking wood echoes off the stones, coming from the south. The same direction as the high-pitched voice.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 (+2 vs. Enchantments & Fear)


Firavel:
You blink rapidly several times, and feel your eyes water. When you look up, Lysa's face is normal. But you have a feeling that what you saw seemed very real...

Lysa:
Firavel blinks several times, and the uneasy feeling you get from him leaves you. He seems to be back in control of himself.


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

After having stopped in the middle of the hallway and staring at Firavel for a few moments, blinking her eyes as if waking from a trance. "Firavel? Are you feeling quite right?"

Lysa jumps as she is startled by the loud crack of breaking wood and looks down in the direction it came from? "What was that? And where is that voice coming from?"


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel blinks again. "Ahh... sorry... I thought you had a little... something on your face...," he says before muttering softly, "...or perhaps off your face." Shaking his head, he continues "My mistake in any case, your face remains as clean as the driven snow."

He then focuses his attention on his surroundings. "Where did that... I could have sworn there wasn't a skeleton here a moment ago. And 'tasty children'? I need a vacation," he says before moving beside Jean, blade in hand.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"This can't be good."

Sethis will load a new clip into Rosie(his heavy repeater) and pull out one of his holy water vials just in case.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Jean cautiously begins to head south, his sword held out defensively in front of him. "Father... The ghostly priest I assume."

Full Defense action, AC. is up to 24. 17 touch.


Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 5 , hp 42/42, AC 19(T13/FF16), Bombs 5/9, Infusions 3/5, 1/3 CMD 15, Init +5, Perc +7. F+6/R+8/W+3

"Another ghost for the busting. Leon do you have the item from this villain handy?"


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

"You think this is Father Charlatan? Our information is sorely out of date then. He was supposed to be a con artist with associations with the Sczarni. We found nothing about eating children, which seems a more heinous crime, and presumably something recorded."

Firavel then shudders as he looks around. "I suppose, his tastes may have changed in prison, or after death, or it wasn't recorded for some reason or another... This is dark business. I'm definitely thinking about that vacation when we get out of here."


Jean leads the group south.

Reaching the end of the hallway, everyone notices the splintered remains of door to the large cell (area 7) on the ground.

Perception DC 15 or Know: Engineering DC 15:
The way the door shards lie on the ground indicate that it was blown outward.

The voice speaks again, "You're here, you're here! You came to see me! Come in, come in. Let's discuss matters, and share your tasty treats!"


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

perception/Knowledge engineering:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"Does it seem odd to anyone else that the door appears to have been blown outward?"


Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 5 , hp 42/42, AC 19(T13/FF16), Bombs 5/9, Infusions 3/5, 1/3 CMD 15, Init +5, Perc +7. F+6/R+8/W+3

Perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"That does seem a mite unusual. Best be on our guard"


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"Yeah, got them right here." Leon says, pulling a handfull of beaded necklaces with various holy symbols out of one of his belt pouches.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I can't tell. So you think something escaped the cell?"


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

"How do we use those necklaces to hurt the ghost?"


As the group looks at the door, the voice begins again, "I wasn't a bad man, not like the Piper. I didn't even kill anyone! But those heretics had me locked in here, locked in with the other madmen. Said my crimes were too terrible for a normal man. So I was caged with insane killers, monsters, full of madness! Do you know what happens when you're forced to look at madness? When you see it, hear it, smell it EVERY! SINGLE! DAY! Do you know what happens when it eats away at you? BECOMES YOU!?"

Heavy breathing continues for a time, until it slows down and becomes less labored. The voice has changed a bit, it seems more emotional now.

"I wasn't sick when I came here, children. They did this, released the monster inside of me. I'm sorry, I never wanted this.... No! Not ye... No!!!"

A hoarse coughing erupts and when the voice speaks again, it has changed again, this time much deeper and thick with saliva.

"Tasty children, come to Father!"

The door frame explodes outward as a large creature emerges from the room. It is covered in filthy hair and rags, and has gnarled claws on its hands. Its pudgy face appears to have once been human, but the horrible scars of massive burns are clearly evident on what flesh remains. It's teeth are broken and yellowed with age, and greenish saliva drips from the corners of its mouth. Two solid black eyes peer out at you under a knobby white brow.

Please roll initiative and let me know what you plan to do. The creature appears to be around seven to eight feet tall, and has longer than usual arms.

Know: religion DC 12:
From what you can see, this creature appears to be undead, and has characteristics similar to a ghoul. But this monster seems to be different, possibly a variant you haven't encountered.

Ghouls typically possess paralysis in their claws, and disease transmitted through their bites. They do not have any specific weaknesses.

Lysa and Firavel:
Be glad you both passed those saving throws! :)


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Jean recoils for a moment looking at the ... thing, with a mix of obvious disgust and pity.

"It's bite is poisonous but it's claws will paralyze you."Then in a low voice he whispers to Firavel. "It doesn't look fast, wait for it to strike me at me then try to get behind it if you can."

Jean 5 ft. adjusts forward and maintains a full defensive posture. Ac. 24, Touch AC. 17.


Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 5 , hp 42/42, AC 19(T13/FF16), Bombs 5/9, Infusions 3/5, 1/3 CMD 15, Init +5, Perc +7. F+6/R+8/W+3

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

With that low initiative, Mithias will toss another flask of holy water, so as not light those in melee range on fire.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 crit
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 whiff
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Firavel will stay back until he can move around the creature to get into a flanking position and attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

... and miss entirely.


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

know religion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
channel 1d6 ⇒ 3

Lysa attempts to channel divine energy at the undead thing to hurt it.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Looking at the creature then at the holy symbols in his hand, Leon shakes his head. "No idea."

Moving up next to Jean he mirrors his defensive posture and holds up the holy symbols "Back, monster!"

Full Defense, AC 24


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Since Sethis acts before everyone else he'll snap a shot off.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19damage I hope: 1d10 ⇒ 5


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Round One

17 Sethis
15 Leon
13 Father
07 Lysa
06 Jean
06 Firavel
06 Mithias

Lysa Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Sethis fires a bolt at Father that buries in the creature's shoulder. It reaches up, rips it out, and throws it to the ground with a growl.

Leon assumes a defensive stance.

Father moves toward Sethis and swipes at him with a claw, opening a deep gash across his chest 11 damage, and Fort save please.

Lysa channels energy, catching Father in the area of effect, drawing an angry glare from the creature.

Jean moves toward the monster, and assumes a defensive stance.

Firavel takes advantage of Father's position and moves behind him, but he mistimes his attack and fails to connect.

Mithias throws a vial of holy water at Father, striking the monster in the face, drawing a loud howl from the beast.

As you maneuver around the monster, you all notice that the hole from Sethis' bolt seems to have completely disappeared!

Sethis:
Fort save DC 15 or paralyzed for 3 rounds

-----

Next Round!

DM Screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Round 2. Initiative 6.
Firavel attacks again, hoping this time to connect.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

... but merely cools the creature down as his blade cuts air.

:(


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Round 2, Initiative 6. Fighting Defensively AC.22.

Jean winces as Sethis is hit by the ghoul. This had not been part of his plan. Grimacing, he finds that any pity he may have had for the Undead creature is gone and steps in with a still defensive swing.

Attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Sethis will stand there while whatever it is continues its assault


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

Still not wanting to get close to the creature, Lysa chooses again to channel energy towards it.

channel 1d6 ⇒ 1


Giving others a chance to add actions before continuing the combat.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Leon grabs Sethis by the back of his coat and yanks him back, taking his place in front of the monster.

Reposition against Sethis. He can't resist. :)
Fighting defensively/combat expertise, AC 23.

Tossing the tangled mass of holy symbols to Lysa, he says "Find the one for Pharasma! See if you can channel Her power through it!"

It's all I can think of.


Lysa:
You feel a distinct shock when you catch the tangled symbols, but it's not painful.

You look for a few seconds, but the chains are so tangled, it's impossible to separate one from the others. It's as if all of the holy symbols for the major deities are fused into one item.

Continuing to look any longer would require an action. Would you like to continue to look, or do you want to channel energy as per your posted action above?


Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon) 5 , hp 42/42, AC 19(T13/FF16), Bombs 5/9, Infusions 3/5, 1/3 CMD 15, Init +5, Perc +7. F+6/R+8/W+3

Mithias flings another flask of holy water,

Lob(touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Splash: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

Lysa will continue to look.


Round Two

17 Sethis
15 Leon
13 Father
07 Lysa
06 Jean
06 Firavel
06 Mithias

Sethis remains motionless as the creature's poison takes hold of his body.

Leon pulls Sethis backward then takes the summoner's place, taking a defensive stance against Father Charlatan!

The monster grins widely as a new target steps forward, then lashes out with his claws, missing with one but tearing into Leon with the other. critical hit; 9+11=20 points of damage; Fort save please

Lysa continues to scour the tangled mass of holy symbols, finding a small tombstone carved with the image of Pharasma. You can now use the mass of holy symbols as a focus for your abilities

Jean takes advantage of the creature's focus on Leon and opens a gash along its thigh.

Firavel attempts to hit the creature, but he fails break through its defenses.

Mithias throws another vial of holy water, striking the monster in the shoulder. With a roar, it clutches its shoulder and glares menacingly at its attacker.

Leon:
Fort save DC 15 or paralyzed for 3 rounds

Sethis:
1/3 finished

-----

Next Round!

DM Screen:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

New round same as the first or in character...
Try as he might Sethis cannot move and must watch in vain as his would be rescue turns into a disaster.

Am i still standing or did i fall when Leon moved me?


Female -- HP23/23 -- AC:15/ T:10 / FF:15 -- Init+0 -- F:4 / R:1 / W:8+2charms and compulsions Human Cleric / 4

Well, when Leon played the flute that once belonged to the piper ghost, it hurt the ghost. I guess it makes sense that if I used the other ghosts holy symbol, it would hurt it?

Lysa will attempt to channel using the little gravestone symbol.

channel 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

As Leon is struck Jean cries out "Back to the eternal darkness with you monster! What has risen shall die again and I will be the one to guide you there!" Abandoning his defensive posture he uncorks the flask of Holy Water in his other hand and splashes it at the ghoul.

Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage:2d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 + 1 = 10


Sethis, he wasn't specific, and given the option he chose to move you, I'll say you're still standing.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel keeps himself in flanking position as he slashes at the creature again.

Move if necessary, depending on what the Father did and attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26,Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 + Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23,Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Slashing, non-magical, no special substance


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Leon's eyes go wide in surprise and shock, letting out a strangled grunt as he locks his free arm down across the terrible wound. It's clear he's barely standing even before his whole body goes rigid.

601 to 650 of 1,082 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.