Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


551 to 600 of 1,082 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric / 1

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 11
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Hearing the sound of wings, Lysa turns towards the sound and points out to the creatures with one hand as she draws her morningstar with the other. "Look out."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 An additional +2 if there is undead.

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Surprise round: Knowledge Arcana:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Still on guard from before Jean immediately focuses his attention on the buzzing sounds and not entirely knowing what he was fighting, charges in at the nearest Stirge.

Attack1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
Damage1d8 ⇒ 7
Critical threat confirmation1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Damage1d8 ⇒ 5


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

If no of the others will get hit by the splash, Mithias throws a bomb
Bomb (touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fwoosh: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Splash=5


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"More bugs. Great." Leon says dryly, twirling his hatchet into his hand and swinging at the first one that flies near.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
knowledge nature DC10+CR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Stirges! Don't let them get close!"

Quickly firing...
attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Eidolon 4

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Seeing the bugs and hearing Sethis' warning the Wyldling moves to protect his half elf companion.

if it can...
AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The wyldling stays near Sethis attacking any that are close enough.
claws(10ft): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
claws(10ft): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"What?" Firavel asks, as the others seem to be reacting to something.


Surprise Round
23 Mithias
23 Firavel
23 Jean
12 Leon
11 Lysa
10 Sethis
09 Stirges
02 Wyldling

DM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Reacting quickly, Mithias lobs a bomb at the emerging stirges. One perishes immediately, consumed by the alchemical explosion, while two others fly away after being hit by the blast.

Firavel pauses to see what everyone is reacting to, unable to act as he looks for enemies.

Jean charges toward one of the insects and cuts it in half as it moves toward him.

Leon looks around as the stirges emerge, trying to see his targets through the others.

Lysa draws her morningstar, and points out the creatures to everyone.

Sethis lines up one of the creatures in his sights and skewers one with a bolt, pinning it to the wall.

The Wyldling moves to support Sethis, attacking one of the stirges as it flies toward the party, knocking it out of the air and killing it.

-----

As the last stirge falls from the air, a primal scream breaks the relative calm after the short battle. "Nooooo!"

A moment later, a haunting dirge begins, causing a sense of dread to fill the area. The music continues for several seconds before ending and the same voice as before screams again, "You killed my babies, now you die!"

The music begins again, this time lighter and more high-pitched. The notes are unmistakably coming from a flute.

Everyone, please make a Will save, and let me know what, if anything, you want to do.


Female Human Cleric / 1

will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 and +2charms and compulsions if that matters for this roll

Lysa looks around for the source of the music.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Knowledge Religion:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

As the sound of music begins Jean drops his sword and pulls out his bow, reaching for one of the magical arrows. Looking for the source of the music.

Perception if needed.1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

If able to act Sethis will cast magic fang (claws) on the Wyldling


Eidolon 4

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The wyldling will wait until it sees the source of the voice and music then charge it(readied action)

charge attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

will: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"The Piper of Illmarsh, I presume."

Mithias pull out a flask of holy water.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 (+2 extra vs. Fear or Enchantment)

Firavel looks down at the bodies of the Stirges and grips his blade when the voice cries out the haunting melody plays. "Babies? Really?" He looks around trying to find the source.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Everyone makes the Will save, so no effect from the music.

Jean (knowlege: religion):
You recall that defeating ghosts is a tricky business, and that according to Vesorianna, the ones inside Harrowstone can only be beaten by using something they treasured during their mortal lives.

At the edge of the room, a ghostly image appears. It seems to be the skeletal upper torso of a human, complete with skull and arms. It wears a tattered grey cloak and a green scarf wrapped around its head and covering the area where its "mouth" would be located. A flute is in one hand, while a small bird cage containing a number of ghostly stirges is in the other.

Jean fires an arrows at the image, which flies through it without any effect.

The Wyldling charges toward the image and attacks, but fails to make solid contact as its claws pass through the ghost.

Mithias throws the holy water at the ghost, but it passes through and bursts on the wall behind the image.

The ghost holds up the bird cage and the stirges fly out, heading toward Lysa. They fly through her, leaving tiny pinpricks in their trail dealing 1 hit point and 1 Con damage.

DM Screen:
1d7 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1

-----

Please let me know what you want to do. Nothing the group has tried so far has affected the Piper.

I will upload a picture of the Piper into the shared folder.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Jean grimaced as his arrow went through, he knew magic had a chance to affect incorporeal undead, but was not guaranteed. When the ghostly Stirges struck Lysa his memmory kicked in and he turned to his cousin. "We need something the Ghost treasured in life to make it vulnerable. Leon, the flute you found, use it!"


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Leon rummages through his satchel and comes up with the flute. "Didn't take much to music lessons when I was young..."

Blowing into it, he tried his best to recall a basic tune.

Perform: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"Is that going to help? Why don't we just burn it? Or use one of those siphon things?"


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

"Or we could just leave. The stairs are over there..."


Leon blows into the flute, and a high-pitched shriek issues forth. He presses his mouth to the instrument more intently, forcing more air through the tarnished flute. As he continues to play, the sound resolves into a melody, but it is one that is almost painful to hear.

As he plays, blood begins flowing from Leon's fingers and ears, and his feet begin moving around as if dancing to the horrible tune he is playing. 2 hit points of damage to Leon

More telling, perhaps, is the effect on the Piper. He appears most solid than before, and he has lost his bird cage and flute. His hands are held against his head as if trying to cover his ears.

Now we can move into initiative order, please roll initiative and let me know what you want to do.

Leon:
Please roll initiative, but your action is going to be to continue playing the flute.

At present, the only way for Leon to cease playing is to have the flute taken from him, be knocked unconscious, etc; he cannot choose to stop playing. He cannot speak, though he can move if he chooses, dancing wherever he goes.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Right then. Time to get this party started. Initiative.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Pulling another magical Arrow from his Quiver Jean fires once more at the Piper.
Attack1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage1d8 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Mithias throws a flask of holy water at the ghost,

Range Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Cleric / 1

initiative 1d20 ⇒ 18

Lysa holds her action until everyone else has gone, waiting to see if she should channel to harm the spirit if it is still up.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Round One

22 Sethis
15 Mithias
15 Jean
11 Wyldling
12 Piper of Illmarsh
08 Leon
05 Firavel
18 Lysa

Sethis Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Wyldling Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Sethis fires his crossbow at the Piper 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 but the bolt misses low and skids off the stone floor.

Mithias lobs a vial of holy water at the Piper which lands squarely on its head. A loud sizzling rewards the hero as steam begins rising as the water burns the undead!

Jean fires an arrow at the Piper and smiles in satisfaction as the missile tears through its shoulder.

The Wyldling lopes forward and brings its claw around 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 in a high swipe, but even in its stunned state, the Piper is unaffected by its attack.

The Piper regains its senses and moves forward (5') and swings at The Wyldling with clawed hands, hitting with both attacks and tearing into its body 4+6+6=16 points damage.

Leon plays even harder on the flute, louder and more frantic notes emerging from the instrument. Blood continues to seep from his fingers and ears as he capers about in a mad dance. 5 points of damage

Lysa calls upon Pharasma and concentrates, causing an eruption of positive energy to cascade outward. The Piper growls audibly and recoils as the wave washes over it.

We are now to Lysa and Firavel; the Piper is still up, face to face with the Wyldling.

1. Edit for Lysa

DM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 3
8,11,3


Female Human Cleric / 1

Channel 1d6 ⇒ 3

Seeing the Piper still up, Lysa channels positive energy towards it to harm it.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Seeing Jean's success with his arrow, Firavel sheaths his blade and pulls out his bow.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Ow. Ow. Ow.


Continuation...

Firavel sheathes his sword and pulls his bow.

Next round, what would people like to do?


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Seeing the surge of blood pouring from his cousins body, Jean's moment of satisfaction from hitting the Piper evaporates. He pulls another arrow from his quiver and readies it. "Leon, hold on!" He then releases the string.

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage:1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 13


Eidolon 4

The wyldling will slash ferociously at the piper
Still has magic fang in claws
claw1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
claw1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

Seeing his Eidolon hurt Sethis will prick his finger upon one of his crossbow bolt and move up behind it casting rejuvenate eidolon, lesser for 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Mithias will hold his action until after the Wylding attacks. If the ghost is still up, he'll toss another flask of holy water.

lob: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
splash: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12


Female Human Cleric / 1

Holding again til the end, Lysa will channel another wave of energy at the Piper if he is still up.

1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel pulls out one of his magical arrows to fire it at the creature.

If it's still alive, after everyone else's attack and it's move then, attack with shortbow and +1 arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18, Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Round Two

22 Sethis
15 Mithias
15 Jean
11 Wyldling
12 Piper of Illmarsh
08 Leon
05 Firavel
18 Lysa

Seeing his Eidolon hurt, Sethis pricks his finger upon one of his crossbow bolts and moves up behind The Wyldling, casting rejuvenate eidolon, lesser 3 points

Seeing the surge of blood pouring from his cousin’s body, Jean's moment of satisfaction from hitting the Piper evaporates. He pulls another arrow from his quiver and readies it. "Leon, hold on!" He releases the string and watches as another of his shots strikes home.

The Wyldling slashes ferociously at the piper, hitting with one claw and tearing at it with its teeth.

Mithias waits for The Wyldling to attack the ghost. Seeing the Piper survive the attack, he takes the opportunity to throw another flask of holy water at the spirit.

With the holy water sizzling as it sears into his undead form, the Piper again tears into The Wyldling, plunging its bony claws deep into the eidolon’s body and neck, tearing out huge chunks of flesh. 4+13+7=24 points of damage

Leon continues playing and dancing around the area. The blood flowing out of his fingers and ears also persists. 5 points of damage

Firavel pulls out one of his magical arrows and fires it at the Piper, embedding the shaft in the undead monster’s skull and knocking it away from The Wyldling.

-----

The Piper clutches at the arrow in its head as it falls backward. Its body slams into the stone floor and quickly disintegrates into a pile of black ashes.

Leon abruptly stops playing the flute, and the blood stops flowing from his fingers and ears. The once tarnished flute now appears bright and new, surely worth something to the right buyer.

The Piper has been defeated!

Appraise DC 12:
The flute appears to be made of platinum, and is probably worth at least 1,000 gold pieces.

-----

According to my math, I think The Wyldling was knocked into negatives, but not enough to dismiss it. Sethis, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lysa, just confirming you did not use your second channel in this combat, the Piper died before your turn came up.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 4
8,11,3,13,8,5,12


Eidolon 4

16-3+24=Eidolon disappears for today
With a snarl, the Wyldling falls to the pipers attacks. Fading into a green mist carried away on an unfelt breeze.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

Watching his companion and guardian fade away Sethis mumbles to himself, "I just couldn't help enough."


The Wyldling -Sethis' Eidolon- wrote:

16-3+24=Eidolon disappears for today

With a snarl, the Wyldling falls to the pipers attacks. Fading into a green mist carried away on an unfelt breeze.

I was also counting Lysa's positive energy for 3 points in the first round. No?


Female Human Cleric / 1

After the Piper fades and Leon stops playing, Lysa goes over to him. "Leon, are you going to be alright? What was that flute doing to you?"

Lysa also casts cure light wounds on him 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Appraise:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
After breathing a sigh of relief, Jean looked at his cousin. The now shining flute catching his attention. "If I had to guess, the item was cursed. It was obviously killing him. Now that the Piper is gone, the curse should be broken and the item will no longer harm anyone. He should be fine now, thanks to you."

He moves over to where he had fired his first arrow and looks around.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
As silence settled once more to the area, Jean's tone became serious."We should keep moving."

Jean will take a moment to try and find the first magical arrow that missed the Piper. I believe there is a 50% chance of finding undamaged arrows. Afterwards he will continue to head towards room T-5.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

not a big deal, I still have my summon monster ability that lasts for minutes and spells. Plus I can recall it tomorrow at half hp

"What? Oh, yes we should continue. Sorry."


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

"What? Sorry. Ringing... whew." Leon says shaking his head as if disoriented.

After a moment he seems to right himself and starts wiping away the blood in his ears with a handkerchief.

"It was like the sound was trying to rip my head open. I don't recommend it. Thank you though. I'll be alright. It still wasn't as bad as the fire yesterday. More painful maybe, but not nearly as frightening."


Jean finds his arrow, but the one Firavel shot that killed the Piper disintegrated with the ghost.

The area in front of you was once a kitchen, but now only contains the blacked remains of warped pottery, broken utensils, and rusting ovens.

Nothing else of interest in the kitchen.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

"Well done all. One down and several more to go."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

I'm a little unclear here. Do you mean area T-5 behind the double doors is the kitchen or the area we are currently in? If T-5 is the kitchen, then after finding nothing of interest Jean will move west toward areas T-3, T-4 A and B. He will first try to enter area T-3.

"Agreed, we have done well so far. I just hope our luck continues to hold.


Sorry for any confusion; yes, the description I posted above was for the area south of the double doors labeled T5. The group fought the Piper in the area labeled T2 (around the long tables).

I will update the map and post details of T3 this evening after work.


Moving toward T3 and T4:
The northern door leads to a small privy, obviously unused for decades.

To the south, row upon row of ten-foot-square prison cells line the walls,
each separated from the passing hallway by a series of iron bars fitted with a narrow iron door. Skeletons slump in many of the cells, the bones scattered where they lie and coated with a mixed layer of ancient ashes and fresh mold.

Please let me know if you move south into T4, or if you do anything in the cells.

551 to 600 of 1,082 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.