Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Carrion Crown Adventure Path


451 to 500 of 1,082 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"Whatever we choose to do I am far better at range than up close but my companion will be able to help out up close."


Eidolon 4

With a low growl, "I fear no spiders, large or otherwise."


The group moves through the prison until everyone stands around the corner from the room. You all round the corner and move into the room. Webs cover every surface - floor, walls, ceiling, etc. You can also see several pieces of furniture along the walls of the room, buried in webs.

Everyone please make a Perception check, roll Initiative, and give me a full round of actions.


Female Human Cleric / 1

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 10

Lysa enters the room behind the others, taking in the sight of the large webs and wonders how big a spider it took to spin them all. She will cautiously put her torch near one of the webs covering the stone wall to see what will happen.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Initiativ: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Mithias will pull out a bomb and fidgit with it nervously.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Leon cautiously moves forward to the edge of the webs, waving his torch toward the nearest mass of them.


Eidolon 4

initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The wyldling will hopefully seeing a target and a clear charge lane charge and attack

claw attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

or if a target is close enough to just move 5 ft to engage with its reach...
add
claw attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
bite: 1d20 ⇒ 17damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Sethis will look around cautiously and if he sees any enemies will shoot with "Rosie"

Rosie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Taking no chances Jean moves to the center mass of webs, holding his torch to the webs and readies a strike should anything move near him.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

I hope you don't mind that I just put any attack rolls in my posts to save time


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Firavel moves with the others, his blade out ready for an attack.


Surprise Round
10 Spiders

Round 1
19 Firavel
13 Mithias
10 Spiders
10 Lysa
04 Leon
04 Jean
04 Wyldling
03 Sethis

Lysa, Leon, Firavel, and Jean move into the room, and torches are set to the webs, starting small fires throughout the room.

The rest of the crew remains outside the room, waiting for the enemies to show themselves.

As Leon's torch brushes against a dense section of webs in the center of the room, the mass collapses under its weight to reveal hundreds of tiny spiders inside. Three larger ones emerge from deeper in the room and launch themselves at the man who disturbed their nest!

All three crash into him and he sees green venom dripping from their fangs as they flail helplessly against his armor.

Full Rounds!

-----

The spiders were hidden inside the room and nobody beat their stealth checks. I had everyone give me actions in case people saw them. These creatures are "giant spiders" but they are small size, currently surrounding Leon. We'll now go into standard combat rounds, so please let me know what you want to do.

I don't think we need a map for this fight, so just assume you can do something - i.e. charge, flank, etc - in your actions and I'll make it work.

Sethis, never a problem for me. Everyone should feel free to post as much as they want in their combat actions and I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel slides aaround the spiders at a distance, to come in behind them, hoping to flank.

Move action to get into flanking position. Standard action sneak attack.
Attack w/ flanking: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16, Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 + sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

If they count as a swarm, I'm going to just run like hell. If not, I'm going full defensive, draw their attacks and let the others play whack-a-mole.

Full Defense AC 24

"Woah! Got some here!"


Female Human Cleric / 1

"Eeeww, those are way too big to just step on."

Lysa takes her morning star in her free hand and moves to try to hit one of the spiders that is in front of Leon.

attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 +2 if she can flank
damage 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Cursing under his breath, Jean drops his torch to the ground and shouts "Leon, cover yourself!" He reachs for his bandolier, pulling out a flask of fire and hurling it at the spiders swarming his cousin in the middle of the room.

Ranged touch attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

1 point of fire damage to all adjacent targets and a dc 15 reflex save to avoid cathing on fire, I just hope that a swarm can catch on fire. Jean will then 5 ft. adjust closer to the spiders.


Sorry for my poor description: there is a small swarm of spiders, and three additional "giant" spiders. The swarm is in the same location it was discovered; the three larger spiders currently surround Leon.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Okay then, Jean will still throw the Alchemists fire at the swarm and start moving in closer to deal with the Larger spiders.


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Reflex to avoid splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Still full defensive.

"Thanks!"


With the problems the boards had yesterday, I'm going to give everyone another chance to post before I continue with combat. At worst, I'll update early tomorrow morning and we can hopefully get back into a good rhythm.


Round 2
19 Firavel
13 Mithias
10 Spiders
10 Lysa
04 Leon
04 Jean
04 Wyldling
03 Sethis

Firavel leaps into the room and gracefully lands behind one of the spiders, slaying it as he expertly slices through it with his elven blade.

Mithias looks for an opening but cannot find a clear throw.

One of the spiders attempts to bite Leon again, but fails to penetrate his armor.

Another leaps toward Lysa, but misses its attack. She responds with a swing but misjudges the creature's agility, missing her target by a few inches.

The small swarm moves toward Leon and hundreds of tiny spiders begin crawling up his boots dealing 1 damage, please roll a Fort save.

Leon takes a step backwards and begins weaving an intricate defensive pattern to protect himself from the attacking creatures.

Jean pulls out a small flask and tosses it at the swarm, watching in satisfaction as it lands exactly where he intended. The tiny arachnids begin exploding with tiny flashes as the alchemist's fire sets them alight, scattering the spiders in every direction destroying the swarm.

The Wyldling moves into the room, tearing into one of the spiders with its claw and killing it.

Sethis shoots the spider attacking Lysa, dealing slight damage to it, causing it to cower back for a moment.

Leon: Fort Save DC 11:
If fail, take 1 Con; if succeed, no further effect.

DM Screen:

1d5 ⇒ 4
1d5 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 1
1d4 ⇒ 1

-----

One spider left, attacking Lysa, slightly damaged.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Firavel steps over to stand across from Lysa, flanking the remaining spider with her before attacking.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23, Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 +Sneak Attack Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6


With a graceful swing, Firavel takes down another spider.

Since Firavel goes first in initiative and he virtually disintegrated the spider with his attack, it seems reasonable to end combat there.

-----

The group resumes their previous efforts at destroying the webs, and eventually succeeds at clearing most of the room. During the process, a small cabinet is found containing five sealed vials of water, a wand, and a divine scroll.

Items are: vials of holy water x5, wand of cure light wounds (15 charges), scroll of lesser restoration


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Sorry folks, didn't show up that there were new posts.

"Good job everybody, I'll try to be a little more helpful next time."


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Exiting the room, Jean looked down the hall towards the door at the end. "That probably went about as well as we could have expected. We should head that way next,"he paused and turned to his cousin. "Are you feeling okay Leon?"


Female Human Cleric / 1

"Little spiders are bad enough, ones that size just shouldn't exist. Thank you for helping me again Firavel. Are you okay Leon?"


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Fort save DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Leon brushed the last of the spiders from his clothes and did a bit of a jig to kick them free from inside his pant legs.

Kneeling a ways a way, he very pointedly tucked his pant legs into his boots and shook his head.

"Just a few bug bites." Leon grumbled. "I'll be fine."


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

"I guess were lucky that we outnumbered the big ones. Do you think there'll be more?"


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

"Good. Given enough time I imagine the spiders would have spread over a wide section of this prison, they are mindless creatures based on reflexive natures so the ghosts here would have done little to hamper there movements. They were still in this one room, so I doubt they spread. Just be wary of any more webs."


The spiders seem to have spent most of their time in this room, using it as a nest and hunting area. Remains of small rodents and a few birds can be found in places, but it doesn't seem like they expanded.

If those spider babies had grown up, however, things might have been different. :)

Where does the group want to head? Jean suggested 13 in the Discussion thread, just making sure that's the choice before continuing.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

13 works for me


Female Human Cleric / 1

Is fine with me as well.


The group proceeds to the end of the hallway. Gently nudging the door open reveals the remains of what was once a privy.

D'oh, was thinking S13 was a different room, sorry to hold up posting for it. Nothing to find inside the privy, obviously has not been used in a long time.

Where to next? Nearest options are to continue exploring your current area and moving to the next room at S12, or you can leave this section of the prison and go toward the staircases (S9/S10)?


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

s12 sounds good


Female Human Cleric / 1

Second s12, may as well finish this section off before moving on.


Male Elf Rogue 5 [HP 38/38 || AC 20, T 15, FF 16 || F +2, R +8, W +1 (+3)] {Effects: None}

Agreed. Systematic completion of this area.


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

I concur


HP 53, AC 22/25, F +9, R +7, W +7, +10 Perception, Punish 1/1

Nod. Always full clear unless there's a time limit.


The group exits the privy and moves next door to find several rusty iron tubs sitting in this room along with washboards, metal buckets, and heaps of moldy clothing.

Perception DC 10:
A pile of moldy clothing in the northeast corner seems to be wiggling and shifting around as if something was trapped within...

Perception DC 20:
You notice a cleverly hidden door in the western wall.

I have somehow managed to "destroy" my master copy of your Harrowstone map. I will have a new copy uploaded to your folder tomorrow evening. Sorry for the delay.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"Look at that." pointing out the movement.


Eidolon 4

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"I see nothing."


Female Human Cleric / 1

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Lysa looks over in the corner. "Possibly a rat under there? Hopefully not another giant spider..."


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Mithias hums to himself apparently lost in his own little world.


Male Human Ranger Lvl-5 HP: 36/43, AC.20, T.13,FF,17 F.+5,R.+7,W.+5, Init.+3

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Looking at the moving clothing in the corner Jean nods with Lysa's likely assessment. Dismissing it as unimportant he turns to examine the rest of the room.

"I wouldn't go near it if you want to avoid being... Now what do we have here?" He moves toward the western wall and examines the door.

"Someone went to quite a bit of trouble to hide this door. There could be something useful behind here. Let's have a look."

Jean will move to open the door, if no one else stops him.


Uploaded a new map, will update with story later today, trying to give the others a chance to act before I continue.


Female Human Cleric / 1

"A hidden door? In a prison? Seems rather odd and not a very good idea either. I mean really, who'd want secret doors or passages in a prison?"

Lysa ignore the probable rat under the old clothing and moves over to where Jean is examining the door.


The moving pile explodes, throwing moldy clothing in every direction. A straightjacket rises from the floor, floating ominously in the air. With its arms flailing around, a horrible shriek erupts and it flies toward the group!

DM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 2

If you made the DC 10 Perception check, you can act in the surprise round. If so, please post those actions. Additionally, please roll initiative and let me know what you would like to do during the first full round of combat.


Female Human Cleric / 1

Lysa gives a little shriek as the jacket flies up in the air and heads towards them. "That is definitely not a rat!" Assuming it to be some sort of apparition, she'll invoke touch the spirit world on her weapon and swing at it.

Can I invoke touch the spirit on the surprise then attack on the first round?
Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 12
knowledge religion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
attack 1d20 ⇒ 20
damage 1d8 ⇒ 5] does half damage

Touch the Spirit World (Su):
With a touch, you can empower a weapon to affect incorporeal creatures. The weapon touched deals half damage to incorporeal creatures, or full damage if it is a magic weapon. This benefit lasts for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.


Male half-elf Summoner (Wild Caller) 5


Getting behind my eidolon
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 to see if I can figure out what's going on


Human Rogue(Thug/Scout) 1 , hp 11/11, AC 17(T14/FF13) CMD 16, Init +6, Perc +5. F+2/R+6/W+1

Round 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Knowledge(Arcane): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 To determine if this might be some spell effect

If this does appear to be a supernatural effect vs magical, Mithias will toss a holy water at the spook, if not then a bomb.

Attack vs touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7 holy water
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 bomb

451 to 500 of 1,082 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Group 2 - Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.