Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.


401 to 450 of 1,336 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)
Karl wrote:
"Roland, I could swear I heard music before I came in. A flute, to be specific. Did any of the killers you researched play a flute?

Roland wrings his hands.

"Nothing I discovered gave any details... but we do know that one of them was called the Piper of Illmarsh."


GM Screen:

CF: 5
Chance: Very Unlikely
Result: Exceptional Yes!

Arthur:
One of the men tilts his head and looks at you. "Make it 20," he says.

He walks into the room and disappears behind a large stack of boxes. A minute later, you can hear boxes being moved. The man reappears a minute later with a large wooden crate with a stylized carriage burned into the side.

"These are the records of the transportation company that used to bring criminals to Harrowstone. They had a transfer order for every criminal that contained information like their name, physical description, their crimes, punishment... things like that."

"The company closed down after the fire, and the box ended up here. If you have 20 gold, you get to take this box out of here, and we forget we ever saw that crate, and we forget we ever saw you. Sound like a good deal?"


Karl:
You search the room but don't discover anything else of note. The broken glass inside the room and Michael's body are pretty much it.


Kendra is in the hallway staring into the room. Her head is bowed and she is sobbing into her hands with her shoulders shaking.

I don't have anything else to add at this point, enjoying the RP :)

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Stunned, Shanoa finally stands up and backs away from Michael's corpse. This could have been any of us... In the hallway, she finds Kendra weeping and puts her arms around her, sharing a moment of grief and leading her away from the sight. Finally she speaks, "Kendra, we'll take care of everything. I'm sorry this had to happen here. We'll be sure someone stays here with you while we make arrangements." Stepping away from her, she finds the rest of the group. "I'll go to the temple and speak with the Father - I needed to talk to him anyways. Someone should go fetch the Sheriff too. Karl, I think he should know what we found last night in addition to what's happened here - maybe you should go. Meanwhile, I don't think Kendra should be left alone. Also, that fortune teller woman was going to come by, and someone needs to be here for her. I can't imagine...this was in the cards. Michael was so excited..."


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)
Shanoa wrote:
"I'll go to the temple and speak with the Father - I needed to talk to him anyways. Someone should go fetch the Sheriff too. Karl, I think he should know what we found last night in addition to what's happened here - maybe you should go. Meanwhile, I don't think Kendra should be left alone. Also, that fortune teller woman was going to come by, and someone needs to be here for her. I can't imagine...this was in the cards. Michael was so excited..."

"If you're headed to the temple and Karl is going to get the Sheriff, I can stay behind." Roland offers weakly. He looks at Kendra. "If that's okay with you, Miss Lorrimor."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl nods at Shanoa and Roland's suggestions. Very well. I will go speak to the sheriff. I will take responsibility for trespassing on Gibs' land. I will not mention that you or Oorin were there, Shanoa. But we should account for Arthur. I have no idea where he is, or what he's gotten up to, but if he comes back, please try to keep him here. If we all keep haring off on our own, well, Michael... Karl falls silent, unwilling to speak the words in his heart.

Karl goes back to his room and offers up silent prayers on Michael's behalf to Iomedae and Pharasma as he dons his armor, straps his daggers to his wrists, and pulls the Cestus over his right hand. He looks at his greatsword and flail, then belts on the short sword that was carried by the dead tomb robber, hoping that it might be seen as less threatening in the sheriff's eyes. He leaves the rest of his belongings at the Lorrimor home and makes his way to the local constabulary.

GM:

Just a heads up, I think Karl's next two levels will be in the rogue class. I'll want to get some thieves' tools for him as well, but I kind of doubt that I can just buy those in any old shop. I was thinking of either having the blacksmith make them for me, or maybe taking a rank in knowledge (local) to figure out where to get them. As always, thanks for running, It's a great game.


Kendra nods weakly to Roland, then slowly walks toward the stairs leading to the first floor.

Karl:
No problem. Finding a set of "clockmaker's tools" in town won't be impossible, just have to ask the right people. Definitely won't be so difficult that you need to spend a skill point on Knowledge (local) just to find the tools. Thanks, I hope people are enjoying it.


DM Haldhin wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
"21. If you will help me bring this to Kendra Lorrimor's place. Deal?"

By my count, TSP has an excess of 50gp.


Arthur:
He shrugs his shoulders, "Sure, why not? I'll meet you out front."

He carries the crate back up to the main floor, then out the back door. A few minutes pass before he comes around the side of the building pushing the crate in a wooden wheelbarrow. "Lead the way."


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland accompanies Kendra downstairs.

The poor woman. This must all be so overwhelming.

"I'm... I'm very sorry this has all happened, Miss Lorrimor." Roland says as they reach the living room. "Is, ah, is there anything I can do?"

I wonder how much she knew of the Professor's real work.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa departs and makes her way to the temple, thoughts whirling through her head replacing any caution as she walks. When she arrives, she seeks out the priest. "Father..." The emotions that have been welling up in her throat all come rushing out when she tries to use her voice and she finds herself instantly sobbing as tears fall unbidden from her eyes. Still, she tries to explain herself. "Mi...Michael, our cu, cu, compantion. He's dead!"


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Oorin pales at hearing of Michael's death. "Δεκάρα!" Oorin curses in Gnomish. "I didn't see or hear a thing. It looks like we might have to start taking watches at night."

Oorin will stay at the house to make sure Kendra is alright and to wait for the Harrower to appear.


Roland:
Kendra shakes her head as she sits in the foyer, "No, I... what's going on? Why did that happen to Michael. In my father's house! Why is this happening, Roland? Why has everything gone mad in this town?

She suddenly looks at you, a revelation clear in her eyes, "He was killed wasn't he, Roland? My father wasn't in an accident - he was killed! Who did it, Roland? Who killed my father?"

Out of the corner of your eye, you notice Oorin has also entered the foyer.

Oorin:
Read through Roland's spoiler above, you hear the first part, and enter the foyer as she asks Roland who killed her father.


Shanoa:
Father Grimburrow sighs and reaches out to grasp your shoulder. "Come child, let us retire to my office."

He gently takes your hand and leads you toward the back of the large sanctuary. "Please, I wish to offer a brief prayer for your friend. Do you mind?"

Assuming Shanoa doesn't mind...

Father Grimburrow voices a short prayer asking Pharasma to look after Michael's soul. Though brief, he makes it seem deeper, more solemn, and you are somehow sure that it was heard.

After finishing, he sits in a chair across from Shanoa, "Now, tell me what happened."

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldrin:

Grimburrow's reassuring voice and strong hand quickly calm Shanoa, but she's still too upset to feel embarrassed for her loss of control. She manages to tell what she knows of Michael's death with only a few faint quivers in her voice. When she arrives at present time, she adds "We don't have much to pay for a funeral, but would like to hold at least a small service for him. It's funny - none of us knew him for more than a few days and yet he was already dear to us...it's also sobering to think that it could have happened to any of us. Ms. Lorrimar herself is taking it especially hard, I think.

"Anyways, Michael was a holy man of Iomodae - if there's no priest in town, I would be willing to perform the rite, being familiar enough with his religion. Of course, that is unless you would prefer to do it yourself."


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Kendra & Oorin:

Kendra wrote:
"He was killed wasn't he, Roland? My father wasn't in an accident - he was killed! Who did it, Roland? Who killed my father?"

The Professor asked us to protect her...

Roland opens his mouth to say something...

No. She's a grown woman. She deserves the truth.

...seems to think better of it, and closes his mouth.

He looks at Oorin, then sighs deeply and gestures for Kendra to sit down.

"Perhaps it is best if you know what we have learned to date. Miss Lorrimor... Kendra... what, ah, do you know of your father's work?"


Karl:
You arrive at the sheriff’s office to find him sitting at a desk examining a stack of papers. He looks up as you enter and stands, coming around the desk to meet you. ”Good morning… Karl, wasn’t it? I was disappointed none of you came by yesterday, but hopefully you’ve managed to discover something related to the monument’s desecration? We’re pretty much out of leads on our end.”


Shanoa:
Father Grimburrow listens intently, ”Of course we can have a service, it’s the least we can do for one who risked his life serving my church, and I won’t hear any more talk of payment. But first things first, may I send some of my acolytes to collect him? I would prefer to get him back here as quickly as possible so he may be tended to appropriately. And having him out of the house may make it easier on Ms. Lorrimor and the rest of Michael’s friends.”

He turns in his chair and grabs a small book off his desk, ”As for who should conduct the service…” He flips through a few pages before tapping one with his index finger, ”Ah, here it is. Desul Veranto, Holy Sword of Light, High Priestess of Iomedae, just down the road in Ardis. I will have her send somebody - while you or I could fill in, I’m old and she owes me a favor.” he says with a small smile.

He leans back in his chair and closes the book in his lap. ”Now, what else can I help you with?”


Oorin & Roland:
She looks confused before answering in a halting voice, ”What do you mean? He visited ruins and examined old manuscripts for Leipidstadt University – their Religion & Theology department. I know he spoke a bunch of languages, and just look around…” She points at all the books lining the walls of the foyer.

She looks at Roland, then Oorin, then back, ”What are you getting at, Roland?”


Spoiler:
When Arthur arrives at Kendra's place he pays-off the man (he gets his name for future reference and transactions) and takes the box of documents. What do I find at the Kendra household?


Arthur:
You arrive to find Roland and Oorin talking to Kendra in the foyer. Kendra appears to be upset, while Roland and Oorin have serious expressions on their faces.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Kendra & Oorin:
Kendra wrote:
”What are you getting at, Roland?”

"Your father was indeed a scholar... but it seems he may have also been directing his research toward understanding and combating the forces of evil."

Roland wrings his hands a bit, and paces, uncomfortable with the line of conversation.

"We believe some of those forces... may have been responsible for his death. And, indeed, may now be responsible for Michael's as well."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

GM:

Yes, my name is Karl, from outside Lepdistadt. Sheriff, my friends and I were able to uncover some clues regarding the statue, but first I need to tell you that my friend, Michael Thronedweller, died this morning in the Lorrimor house. I thought you might want to talk about that first. We found him with multiple puncture wounds, but not enough blood. I saw a small group of flying creatures outside the house. There was a broken window in Michael's room. I think they were stirges, but I've never heard of them breaking into a house to kill someone before. Karl pauses for breath and looks at the Sheriff to gauge his reaction.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

DM Haldrin:

Shanoa nods. "Thank you, sir. We'll all be very grateful.

"I also came about the...the cultist. If your spell works, I think we should ask what they were doing at Harrowstone, if they killed Proffessor Lorrimar, and if they awakened the dead there."


Roland, Oorin, Arthur:
Kendra looks up as Arthur enters the house, then back to Roland and Oorin, ”What do you mean, he was just a scholar, he wasn’t involved in any of that, it must have been a mistake! That’s what happened, it must have been a mistake. And… and I don’t know why, but my father could not have been part of that!”

Denial is plain to see on her face – either she doesn’t want to believe, or she is convincing herself that what you’re saying isn’t true.

Diplomacy checks, please


Karl:
The sheriff is stunned. ”Killed in the house? I’ll have to head over there – I know you just got here, but do you mind walking back with me?” He grabs a longsword off a rack behind his desk, straps it on, and heads out the door.

”I’m not familiar with the habits of stirges, but I have heard of them. Do you think it’s likely that they’ll return to the house again? Are they like other wild animals and carve out an area and claim it as their home? Do we need to warn the towspeople about this new scourge?”

Caeler appears genuinely concerned about Michael’s death, and how it might impact the rest of Ravengro if these stirges come back.

I rolled a Kn: nature check for you – result: 16. It is unlikely the stirges will intentionally seek out the house again, and they do not have a specific area that they claim as their domain.


Shanoa:
”Well, if you’re ready, we can proceed. I have prepared everything in a small building behind the temple. If you don’t mind, I will also have a few acolytes attend as they should learn about such things, as well as be around to dispose of the body after we have finished. I would not have the corpse of a heretic on our soil any longer than absolutely necessary.”

”I can ask four questions, but I will begin with the ones you suggest: 1)What was the Whispering Way doing at Harrowstone, 2)Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Professor Petros Lorrimor, and 3)Did the Whispering Way awaken the undead inside Harrowstone? You can suggest a fourth question during the questioning if you prefer, we should have plenty of time to decide before the spell ends.”

Let me know if Shanoa is ready to start the questioning – Father Grimburrow is willing to wait, but he’s ready whenever you are.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldrin:

Shanoa nods. "I'm ready. I don't have a fourth question - you're welcome to ask anything else at that point - unless his answers bring up new questions." She follows the priest and his acolytes to begin the ritual.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

GM:

Karl shakes his head at Sheriff Caeler's question as he walks with him back to Kendra's house. I don't have much experience with them, but I've always heard tell of stirges as roving hunters, always on the move in search of new prey, not what you would call territorial, if you take my meaning. There's more too, if you'll hear me out. I have to warn you though, it starts strange and gets stranger still, but I think it's connected to Michael's death, and the professor's too. He stops for a moment and looks the sheriff dead in the eyes. Understand this, I'm not the type to go in for mysticism, I'll say that right now. I believe in the strength of a man's arm, and good steel, but the things I've seen since I got here... Well sheriff, you'll have to hear them yourself and be the judge of my words. I'd ask that you let me get through it all before you start asking questions though. All of this is hard enough to keep straight in my head as it is. Karl looks at the sheriff with a wry grin. Can you do that for me?


Shanoa:
The body has been cleaned, dressed in a simple wool robe, and placed on a table. You immediately notice that the stitches in the mouth have been removed.

The acolytes stand off to the side, while the old priest says, ”Shanoa, I do not know how familiar you are with this spell, but I must warn you it may not work. And even if it does, do not expect direct answers – the only solace we have is that it cannot lie. It will try to lead us astray, or perhaps speak in riddles, but if it succumbs to my spell, it cannot lie.”

Father Grimburrow appraoches and stands over him and casts a spell. Upon completion, the body shudders slightly as the magic courses through it. The mouth slowly opens and closes, and the head woodenly turns toward the priest.

Grimburrow nods at you, then asks in a loud voice, ”What were members of the Whispering Way doing at Harrowstone?”

The mouth moves before a hoarse whisper escapes, ”We trapped the trapper. Governed the governor. Jailed the jailor.”

The priest continues, ”Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Petros Lorrimor?”

The body’s head turns from side to side before the same whisper answers, ”He killed himself. The horror wasn't real, but he didn't know that.”

Grimburrow asks, ”Did the Whispering Way awaken undead inside Harrowstone?”

The arms of the body twitch slightly, and the mouth moves several times before responding, ”No, they were always awake. But we did release them.”

The old priest turns to you, ”We have a few more minutes, do you have another question?”

He is startled by a hoarse laugh coming from the corpse, ”I have a question. Do you expect to make it out of here alive?” The head of the body is raised up from the table to look right at Father Grimburrow with glowing yellow eyes.

Roll initiative please. I assume Shanoa grabbed her typical adventuring gear before leaving the house.


Karl:
Sheriff Caeler stops walking and looks at you for what seems like minutes, so deep does he seem to be analyzing you. "I'm not one for games, but I would appreciate any ideas you might have. You volunteered to help yesterday when most of the people in this town just wanted to go bury their heads in the dirt. So yes, I'll hear you out, I owe you that much. Can we at least talk at the house? I think I'd rather have this discussion away from curious eyes and ears."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

GM:

Yeah, let's talk back at the house. There are parts that some of the others can tell better than me anyway.
Karl makes his way back to the Lorrimor house, accompanied by Sheriff Caeler.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldrin, I give you props. I was not expecting that. Well played.

Haldrin:

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Shanoa lets out a small shriek as the corpse turns into something far more sinister.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Man, I can't wait to find out what the rest of you have been doing.


Shanoa:
Father Grimburrow starts casting a spell, but the surprised look on his face reveals something has gone wrong as nothing happens.

One acolyte reaches behind him and hefts a large candleabra in both hands. He then moves holds it like a spear and moves toward the creature.

The other acolyte attempts to cast a spell, only to see similar failure.

The creature twists itself forward with a grotesque sound of cracking bone until its legs and feet are splayed outward behind and beneath it and its hands are on the table, causing it to resemble something like a crab. ”What’s wrong? Magic not working quite right?” it asks in a mocking voice before leaping at Father Grimburrow.

The elder priest manages to dodge the creature and it lands on all fours, quickly scuttling around to face the four of you.

What would Shanoa like to do?

Thanks!

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldhin:

Shanoa tries to regain her composure. Calm yourself, you've dealt with these before. Acting quickly, she grabs one of her flasks of holy water and throws it at the dead cultist.

Swift action - activate Justice Judgement
ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
damage vs undead: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

DM Haldhin, Roland, Arthur:
"Ah, Miss Kendra, if you but glance at a few of your late father's notes and books, it is quite clear what he studied and investigated."


Shanoa:
The vial breaks across the monster's chest and the acrid stench of burning flesh assaults your senses. The creature hisses and retreats a step, fixing it's glare upon you.

Grimburrow pulls forth his holy symbol, and bows his head in prayer, but he looks up a moment later, surprise on his face.

The acolyte with the candelabra approaches and attempts to stab the creature, but the weight of the make-shift weapon causes the attack to go wide.

The other acolyte takes after his friend and grabs a heavy candlestick off the table, turning it over and moving toward the undead monster.

Still fixing you with its burning yellow eyes, "You die next!" before turning toward Father Grimburrow and tackling the priest, slamming his head into the floor with its hands around his throat. Grinning madly, the monster leans down and bites into the priest's neck.

Shanoa, you're up


Everyone but Shanoa:
Arthur stands in the foyer beside a large crate, and the door opens to reveal Karl and Sheriff Caeler.

Kendra looks at Oorin, then turns toward the others. "Sheriff Caeler! Upstairs! My father..." She puts her face into her hands and begins crying again.

Sheriff Caeler walks over and places his arm around here, "It's okay Kendra, I'm here now. We'll figure this out together."

He sits down beside Kendra, who seems to calm down a bit, and looks at Karl, "Now, what did you want to tell me? Given what I'm seeing here, it's probably best if we both hear everything"

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldhin:

Shanoa screams as she sees the elderly priest under attack. "Nooo! With rage in her eyes, she throws a second vial at the two struggling on the floor.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
damage vs undead (1pt splash if I miss): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

At the house:
"Sheriff, perhaps it's best if you come upstairs and see for yourself."


DM Haldhin wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Diplomacy 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11 Not my strong suit

Spoiler:
"Kendra, please remain calm. We shall get to the bottom of this."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

At the house:

I've already told the Sheriff about Michael, Oorin. He's come to hear about the rest. Karl exhales slowly and wipes his face with his hand. Where to start? It seems like ever since we got here, strange things have been happening. First, there was that mob that tried to stop the professor's burial, and of course the strange circumstances of his death. Then, when the statue was vandalized, I tracked the blood. I tracked it to a field at the southeast corner of town. We found a spot in that field where a small animal had been butchered. Small, but big enough to paint a V on a statue, if you take my meaning. When I climbed up onto a barn to have a better look, well, this man, ghost, thing... attacked me. Understand me sheriff, one minute I was looking at the cupola and he wasn't there. The next moment he was. He appeared out of thin air. Michael saw it, and Shanoa too, although she's not here at the moment. She went to see Father Grimburrow...
Karl trails off for a moment, then resumes his tale.
Anyway, this yellow eyed lunatic almost takes my head off with an axe! And then nearly knocks me off the barn to boot. I'm lucky my head's still attached and my neck's not broken!
Karl shakes his head, there's more to tell, the crypt that Professor Lorrimor's notes lead us to, and what we found in Gibs' woodpile last night. You see, I lost the trail after that attack, but I went back the next day and followed it to Gibs' field. And I saw him there, standing in a daze, with a shovel. When I went in for a closer look, he nearly shot me with a crossbow! Well, I went back last night, and I looked in that woodpile. And sheriff, when a man hides a waterskin that last held blood, and a war razor, and the blood is a close as you can get to what was on that statue of the old warden... Well, you put it together. There's more too, but I can't tell it as well. Maybe Oorin can explain all this about the killers from the old prison...
Karl falls silent, and looks around for something to drink, his throat dry after so much talk.


Shanoa:
The water misses its target, only managing to splash the creature. It raises its head in a howl of pain as the scent of burning flesh again fills the air.

Despite the blood flowing from his neck, the priest is still alive and conscious. Grimburrow screams as he struggles against the iron grip of the monster, but he is unable to break free.

The acolyte with the candleabra spear yells, ”Father!” before attempting to stab the creature. Failing yet again, he tosses the candleabra aside and moves out the door toward the Temple screaming ”Help, help!”

The other acolyte drops his candlestick and attempts to grab the undead creature, only for the monster to kick him away. With a choking sound, the acolyte grabs his midsection where he was struck and begins writing around on the floor.

The creature looks at Shanoa with a wide grin, ”I shall enjoy making you suffer! But first…” It opens its mouth wide and again rips into Father Grimburrow. The priest’s screams are cut off as the monster jams its hand into the man’s mouth, twisting his head violently to the side causing blood to fountain high into the air.

Shanoa’s turn


Lorrimor House:
Sheriff Caeler holds up a hand, "Wait a minute, Master Oorin, a moment before you continue. You found a razor and a bloody waterskin blood behind Gibs' barn? I would have never suspected him! He's always been grumpy, moreso since his son died, but I never thought he would do something like that. I don't doubt your word, Karl, but I just can't believe he would so something like that - he's a standoffish pain, but I've never known him to be cruel or malicious!"

"And this man that attacked you, where did he go after he appeared?"

Sense Motive DC 15 (people at the house):
You get the impression from the way they are sitting that Kendra and the Sheriff may be more than just friends.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Spoiler:
"I think the Sheriff can take care of this. Come on guys let's leave them to sort this out."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

At the house:

That sounds like a great idea Arthur. Would you mind coming upstairs with me? Oorin, join us when you finish talking to the Sheriff?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Haldhin:

Panic begins to set in as she sees Grimburrow dying in front of her. With shaking hands, she throws her last vial of holy water, again missing her foe.

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
dmg vs undead (1 if miss): 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Arrg! If I ever really needed a decent roll! Also, I have a question. My trait gives a +1 damage bonus vs undead, but I'm not sure when I get to use it. If it applies with splash weapons like holy water, the creature should have an additional -3 hp. Other than that, do I add it to spell damage as well or only melee?


Shanoa:

Despite the growl from the monster as the water splashes him, it does not release the priest and continues to bite him.

Father Grimburow continues to struggle despite his massive loss of blood. But his strength seems to be fading as he fails to break out of the creature's grip.

The first acolyte can still be heard shouting for help as he moves closer to the temple.

The other acolyte continues to thrash around on the floor, and you clearly see blood on his clothing beneath his hands (on his midsection).

The creature opens its mouth wide and sits up to look at the priest with a horrible grin upon it's face. Keeping one hand on his head, it pulls its other hand back, forming its fingers into a single point. "Now little man, I want your heart!" The undead creature punches down faster than your eyes can follow. But in an instant, instead of being killed by the blow, Father Grimburrow has somehow managed to reach up and catch the monster's hand before it impales his chest!

Shanoa, you're up!

I'll take the additional hp off its total. And let's hear it for the natural "1" I rolled on that last attack, eh?

401 to 450 of 1,336 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.