Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


To Wear the Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.


901 to 950 of 1,336 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Cassandra will move over to the bloody and battered Roland and cast Cure Light Wounds on him
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Thanks! :)

Roland's eyes flutter and he looks up at Cassandra with a dazed expression.

"Pharasma? Am I dead?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl rubs at the cuts on his forearms as he offers Roland a hand getting up.

You should be so lucky! Instead, you're still here, although I never thought the Lady of Graves would be as pretty as Cassandra.

He grins and turns to the warrior.

Well struck Darren, we're lucky to have you with us. Shanoa, are you all right?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The glow enveloping Shanoa fades along with the piper, the fierce light of the rose is once more dark under her hair. Something aches in her chest as Karl compliments Cassandra - a pang of...jealousy? She blushes slightly at the thought when Karl calls her name. "I...I think so. He didn't hurt me too badly, but I'm afraid I feel a bit drained after that ordeal."


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

[ooc]Internet crapped out in Ireland again, will try to post later (soon)[ooc]


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Take it easy, he says with a smile, oblivious to anyone's feelings but his own. We have a lot more ground to cover here, and we'll need your strength and courage.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

"You had a telling blow, as well, Karl. Quite impressive." Darren sheathes his sword and walks over to the flute that Roland dropped. "A curious thing -- must have been cursed before, but now it seems like it's likely quite valuable."

Appraise 1d20 ⇒ 14

"This is platinum," Darren says, turning it over in the light. "Must be worth at least a thousand gold pieces. A lucky find, to be sure." He hands the flute back to Roland as soon he's standing once more.


A familiar voice breaks the relative silence of the prison...

::hehehehehehe:: Shanoooooa, did that mean Piper try to hurt you? He was crazy, you know. A murderer! Killed people for fun! Not like me, I helped people. But those priests were jealous of me. Jealous of my help! But I want to help you, Shanoa. I want to help you and your friends. Come see me, come see your Father. I will grant absolution for all your sins! ::hehehehehehe::

The voice seems to be coming from somewhere to the east.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa is at once tense again while being taunted by the mysterious voice. She hisses a single word as the laughter dies off, "Charlatan!"


The voice remains quiet and silence fills the upper floor of the prison.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

"Well then," Darren says, slowly drawing his sword from its sheath. "I think I'll just keep this close at hand."

"I guess we should oblige this angry spirit: find it, fight it, and put it to rest."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

North or South? Karl whispers to the others after gathering up the javelin he threw at the stirge. Although, I don't think we have much chance of surprising it...

He puts the throwing spear back into the quiver on his back and selects a new one for his right hand. His left remains firmly gripped around the Lopper's axe.

Do you guys want to go towards T5 or T6?


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

"I'll say North," whispers Darren in return. "And I believe you're right... the sooner we get face-to-face with this thing, the sooner we can even the odds. Right now, though, I feel like a rat caught in a maze."


Going to give you both of them since T5 isn't that exciting. :)

The group moves toward the northern door (T5), and looks inside to see a kitchen containing nothing more than the burned and charred remains of pots, plates, and utensils.

Cautiously, the group edges to the southern hall (T6) and finds several locked cells. Each of the cells contains a skeleton, all of which appear to be "seated" against the far walls of their cells, "facing" their doors.

As the group looks into the cells, the lower jaw of one skeleton suddenly clatters at it slams shut. As you watch, the lower jaw slowly opens, then violently closes again. Across the hall, another skeleton exhibits the same behavior as its jaw starts opening and closing. The noise is starting to become unsettling as even more skeletons join in the hideous symphony.

The only thing moving is the "mouth" of the skeleton. They are not walking around, attacking you, etc. And each of the skeletons is apparently locked inside its cell (the doors appear locked, but nobody has actually checked them yet)

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

In a low voice, Shanoa comments, "Well that is just downright unnerving," as she clutches her morningstar more tightly.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren enters the room cautiously, keeping a wary eye about him.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"They don't seem to be quite dangerous, just... creepy."


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Sorry for the continued delay. Had to make last minute trip to Seattle. Posting from phone for the next day or two; will try to keep up.


It's fine, Oorin, thanks for checking in!

I've updated the map in the shared folder. The skeletons continue chattering at you until the group moves back out of the area around T6. Just let me know which direction you go.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl checks the doors to make sure that they are, in fact, locked.


All of the doors are locked... but Karl notices that all of the skeletons turn their heads to watch him as he approaches the doors to check the locks.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

This should take me back up to the current situation.

Roland accepts Karl's proffered hand.

Karl wrote:
"You should be so lucky! Instead, you're still here, although I never thought the Lady of Graves would be as pretty as Cassandra."

The alchemist turns back to Cassandra, blushing furiously.

"Ah, thank you Miss. Cassandra. Sorry for my momentary, ah, confusion... I'm in your debt."

He pulls a handkerchief from a pocket and begins trying to wipe some of the blood from his face and hands.

Darren wrote:
"This is platinum! Must be worth at least a thousand gold pieces. A lucky find, to be sure."

Roland looks over to where Darren has retrieved the Piper's Flute. He stares at it blankly for a moment as the warrior offers it back to him.

The Piper is slain. Can his flute, an instrument of evil, be put to good use now? Can it be redeemed?

"Ah, yes. Thank you," Roland takes the flute back and tucks it back into his coat. "It may prove to be worth more than the sum of it's materials. Time will tell."

With Roland joins the others as they continue along the hall, relieved to see a series of empty chambers... but the chattering skeletons cause him to once again go pale.

Oh, ye Gods what now?

Shanoa wrote:
"Well that is just downright unnerving."
Darren wrote:
"They don't seem to be quite dangerous, just... creepy."

"If we're lucky, creepy is the worst we'll encounter from now on."

I somehow doubt it, though.


"hehehehehehe! Do you like my toys, Shanoa? They sure seem to like you and your friends! hehehehehe!"

Perception DC 15:
The voice seems to be coming from the west.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

A chill runs down Shanoa's spine as the voice echoes again through the passageways. "I'm starting to really hate that man. Anyways, the voice sounds like it came from that way," indicating towards the west.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl tries the door to the abandoned guard post. I don't like this, he murmurs softly to Shanoa. It feels like this wretch is trying to lead us around by the nose.

Check the eastern door to T1. If unlocked, open it up.


The door is unlocked, and the group enters the small guardroom. Karl notices several braces on the inside of the door, providing additional support to the hinges and lock.

Three chairs surround a wooden table, and a small weapon rack rests on the south wall. It appears the bars separating the "room" from the rest of this floor are reinforced, providing extra protection for anyone inside this area.

The doors to the south lead outside to a small balcony that overlooks the entrance to the prison.

Will update map to reveal balcony tonight. It is a 10' drop from the balcony to the ground outside the front of the prison.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

"In a place such as this, any choice we make can come to ill. We don't know what...they are planning while our every move is likely being watched. It's difficult not to second guess any decision we make."

Oorin looks around somewhat nevously trying to banish the memory of the Bleaching he witnessed long ago.

He hold up the cursed spellbook. "Perhaps if we can "cleanse" the other objects as we did the flute, that will be enough to disrupt their plans." Thinking back on Rolands experience with the flute, "It fills me with a bit of unease though and what I might undergo when we try to cleanse this spellbook."


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren pauses a moment at the balcony, looking longingly out at the outdoors. "At least we can get a breath of fresh air, here," he mutters, then turns back to the group.

"Well then, what other evil items have you collected thus far?" he asks, eyeing the spellbook that Oorin holds. "And must we fight off their original owners in every case, do you think?"

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa shrugs as she presents the tangled mess of holy symbols. "I'm quite certain these belong to the voice you heard...Father Charlatan. No idea what to do with it though."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl sucks in his left cheek as he thinks, Well, Roland played the flute once the Piper was in our midst. Maybe when we find this Charlatan, you use the holy symbols for a god? I don't even know how you would do that.

Karl wanders over to the weapon rack and inspects it.

Darren, the flute belonged to the Piper. Oorin has the Spellbook. Shanoa has Charlatan's tangle of holy symbols. I have my axe. And there is this hammer. It belonged to the Mosswater Marauder.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)
Karl wrote:
"Darren, the flute belonged to the Piper. Oorin has the Spellbook. Shanoa has Charlatan's tangle of holy symbols. I have my axe. And there is this hammer. It belonged to the Mosswater Marauder."

"All five items were closely linked to each of the five criminals in life," Roland nods, mostly to himself. "Perhaps there's a paper in this. Ectoplasmic Synergy between Momento Mori and the Manifestation of Incorporeal Undead has a nice ring to it..."

Roland pulls out a notebook and jots down a few things.


I'm lurking, enjoying the role-play and waiting to see what you want to do next. No rush, just letting people know I'm here.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

"Hmm," Darren says, nodding at but clearly not understanding a word of the title Roland just said. "Anything on that weapon rack, Karl?" he asks, trying to chance the subject before more input might be expected.

"We'll just have to track down these angry spirits, one by one, and be done with them all. We owe that to Vesorianna, or if not her, at least to Arthur." Darren turns to press on east from the guard post.


Karl moves toward the weapon rack, but it appears that anything of value had been taken many years ago.

As he is turning away, Karl notices that one of the stones in the wall appears to be a slightly different color than the ones surrounding it. Investigating further, he discovers the stone is actually a wooden panel, cleverly carved to resemble stone. It opens to reveal a hidden cache of items. From the dust and grime covering them, these treasures have rested in their location since the disaster fifty years ago.

The group finds:
A pouch containing 24 gp, 3 pp, and a single citrine (50 gp)
Two healer’s kits
Vial of antitoxin x3
Vial of antiplague x3
Vial of soothe syrup x2
Bloodblock x3 doses
Smelling salt x2 doses
potion of cure light wounds x4

-----

Moving toward the east, you see a heavily reinforced door to the south, and a hallway leading north. There appear to be more cells in the hallway. Like those on the west side of the floor, these cells also contain the mortal remains of people who died while trapped like animals, locked up inside a tiny room while the prison around them burned and collapsed.

Map update tonight

Treasure list updated

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa nods. "Arthur wasn't even the first of our friends to be killed by these monsters, either. There is much to be avenged." She adjusts her dress, clutches her morningstar tightly, and turns back inside.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

I assume money will probably be split up once the expedition is finished, but Darren wouldn't mind one of those CLW potions for when the time comes ;)


I've updated the map


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

We're at the balconey right now, correct? Have we invstigated T7 yet?

"Good find, Karl!"

"At least Michael's death has been avenged. It was the Piper and his stirges that killed him; in his sleep no less."


Everyone is roughly at T1 / balcony immediately south of T1. Darren has started moving toward T7 (east), which has not yet been investigated.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl passes around the potions and other gear to whomever seems able to get the most use out of it.

He even goes so far as to hand Darren the enchanted short sword off is belt, hilt first. The way you fight with that sword and shield, might be you could get better use of this than me.
And even if you don't, I'm starting to get pretty weighed down, although, that should work pretty well with your two-weapon fighting.
And thank you Oorin, although, if the Piper's death could bring Michael and Arthur back to us, I would kill him a thousand times over. He shakes his head and sighs. I do not like leaving Arthur's body there, but I suppose we must until we deal with this damned Charlatan, but still...

He trails off, then ventures back outside the cage to lay Arthur in repose, the corpse's steel-clad hands gripped around the blade of his strangely curved sword. He spies the haunt siphon hanging from Arthur's belt and takes it in hand as he whispers, I hope you won't think ill of me, but we will probably need this more than you. Rest easy friend, I'll make sure you're buried properly.

Once that is done, Karl returns to the others and says, Let's keep going; balcony first?


The balcony is unremarkable, save that it is crumbling after fifty years of weathering.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren accepts the sword, "It's not what I'm used to -- not the chosen weapon of her Ladyship the Inheritor, that is -- but it is clearly a magnificent blade."

"And yes, we'll return Arthur to the light of day once we've vanquished this place of its evil. Nobody should be left down here to rot, whether they are dead or alive."

Darren moves to the east, "I wonder if the Charlatan's creepy theatrics are on display in these cells, as well," he says rigidly.


Darren, where are you heading? Are you going all the way into the hallway between the cells, stopping to investigate, etc?


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl listens at the door directly east of the guard's station, and opens it if he hears nothing.

T7

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Yeah that was my plan, was gonna walk past that door to T7 and check out the cells first, but he'll let Karl take the lead.


Karl:
Inside the room, you hear a slow "tapping" sound, as if something was gently hitting a piece of wood or a table.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl holds up his hand and backs away past the guard post.

He gathers the others around him and whispers, There is a tapping sound in there, like something hitting a table. Maybe we should check out the rest of the level before we open the door.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren nods and continues toward the cells on either side of the nearby hallway.


As the group moves into the hallway, the dead once again begin clacking their jaws at you and turning their heads to follow as you pass by.

Reaching the end of the hallway, you notice that two of the rooms appear to be different than the other cells. The room in the northwest (T4b) contains a heavily reinforced door. It appears to be stuck in the doorframe, but you catch a glimpse of sunlight through a small crack at the bottom of the door.

The room at the end of the cells to the west (T4a) contains an iron ladder leading up to a trap door in the ceiling. Gentle pressure yields nothing - it appears to be stuck or barred from the other side. Perhaps a more determined attempt would open it? Let me know if you want to try and open it using a Strength check

Finally, the room at the end of the cells (T3) appears to be a privy.

I'll update the map this evening.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland jumps again when the skeletons begin to clack their jaws.

"Ah! Stop that you infernal things!" He blushes fiercely at the glances from his fellow adventurers. "Insufferable things. My nerves are already on edge."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Looks like we could try to force that door, or that access to the ceiling. Which should it be? Karl asks in a low voice. I'd prefer the door, if that's all right with the rest of you. I've had bad luck with roofs.

901 to 950 of 1,336 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.