Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.


851 to 900 of 1,336 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

I'm going to bypass characters who haven't posted yet.

Round 1 Recap
25 Giant Stirge
25 Shanoa
23 Karl
19 Oorin
12 Cassandra
10 Roland
08 The Slaughter Priest

The giant stirge continues to drain Arthur's blood.

Shanoa swings at the creature but misses.

Karl throws a javelin but is unable to hit the creature.

Oorin shoots his crossbow at the stirge, burying a bolt in its flank.

Cassandra draws her sickle and attacks the stirge with a vicious slash, but narrowly misses the monster.

Roland lays into the stirge with his cane, connecting with a solid blow to its head.

The Slaughter Priest attemps to break the creature's grapple, but is unable to free himself.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 ⇒ 13

-----

Please let me know what you would like to do in Round 2. The stirge is still attached to TSP.

No problem, I totally understand. :) Edited post to add Cassandra's actions.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Sorry with all the board wonkiness recently I missed this

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Round #1:
Initiative: 12
Hit points: 15/15
AC: 16 ; T: 12 ; FF: 14
CMD: 13
Condition: Bless

Cassandra pulls her sickle from her belt and swings at the creature embedded in the priest's chest.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Round #2:

Failing to connect with the creature Cassandra swings at the bloated stirge again.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl switches his axe into his main hand and moves forward into a flanking position.

Die, foul creature!

Flanking Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
I added in mechanical benefits as a +1 axe. If that's wrong, please let me know.
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Oorin frantically reloads his Xbow and fires.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Sorry for the disappearance!

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 2

Darren rushes into the fray, roaring an inaudible warcry as he leaps to aid his rescuers.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 +2 if able to charge, +2 again if flanking w/ Karl

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Gross! Bad rolls... :P


Round 2 Recap
25 Giant Stirge
25 Shanoa
23 Karl
19 Oorin
12 Cassandra
10 Roland
08 The Slaughter Priest

The giant stirge continues to drain Arthur's blood, eliciting a cry of pain from the man.

Shanoa swings her morningstar:
Shanoa attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
but the creature's small size works in its favor as she misses her target.

Karl is more precise as he executes a powerful slash with his axe!

Oorin reloads and fires, but in his haste, his aim is off and the bolt strikes the stone wall behind the stirge.

Cassandra tries to impale the giant insect with her sickle, but only manages to slightly tear of its wing membranes.

Roland tries to hit it with his cane again, but misses.

Arthur manages to draw a dagger from his belt but cannot get it around to stab the stirge.

-----

At some point during this round, everyone begins hearing a haunting dirge in the air. The music seems to come from a flute...

-----

On to Round 3!

GM Screen:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

If Karl is willing to delay his action to 19, Oorin will drop his Xbow cast True Strike on him.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl waits for Oorin to cast his spell, then swings at the stirge with all his might.

Flanking Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 20 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 20 - 1 = 37
Damage with Sneak: 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + (3) = 16

Get off of him!


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren, having closed the ground between him and the massive stirge, swings first his sword and then his shield in quick sequence.

Attack Longsword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Attack Shield Bash 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Come on, you big ugly beast, you'll regret not dealing with me," Darren snarls.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Round #3:
Initiative: 12
Hit points: 15/15
AC: 16 ; T: 12 ; FF: 14
CMD: 13
Condition: Bless

Cassandra once again tries to sever the beast from the priest's chest.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

[ooc]Wow! let's hope this is not a trend.{/ooc]


Round 3 Recap
25 Giant Stirge
25 Shanoa
19 Oorin
18 Karl
12 Cassandra
10 Roland
08 The Slaughter Priest

The stirge continues to drain his blood. Stains can be seen down the front of his robe and blood has started to pool near his feet.

Shanoa attacks:
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
but misses her target.

Oorin reaches up and casts true strike upon Karl's axe, which he uses to great effect leveling the Stirge with a mighty blow. The creature detaches from The Slaughter Priest and limply buzzes around on the ground before becoming still.

-----

The flute music becomes faster and lounder, and you feel a sense of anger wash over you. Behind the dead stirge, you see the ghostly image of a humanoid's skeletal upper torso wearing a tattered brown robe. A dingy purple scarf has been wrapped around its skull to cover the area where its mouth and nose should be located. In one hand, it carries a flute, and in the other, it carries a small bird cage, full of transparent stirges.

The stirges fly through the bars of the cage and directly at The Slaughter Priest. With a hideous cry, his back arches as the ghostly insects fly through him, leaving droplets of blood on the back of his robe... He plants his katana in the ground as he drops to one knee. With a final feat of strength, he attempts to stand, but falls to the ground, his blade clattering to the floor.

The ghostly figure has disappeared, but the music continues. What do you want to do?

Picture of this enemy will be uploaded into the shared folder tonight.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Sorry for my absence, it was a bit of a crazy weekend.

Shanoa watches the event unfold in horror, unable to move or act to stop it. As he collapses to the ground, she rushes to his side and kneels down to examine him. "Oh, gods - this is what killed Michael!"

heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Is he dead?


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

The flute! Karl looks frantically at the others. Who has the flute?


Roland exclaims, "I have it!"

He begins pulling things out of various pouches until he raises his hand, tightly clutching the flute.

He looks at the rest of the group with wide eyes, "Um, what should I do with it?"


No problem, Shanoa, glad you're back

Shanoa:
Sadly, the man known as The Slaughter Priest has expired.

Yes, he lost too much Con from the giant stirge to survive the Piper's attack.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Just getting back into the action.

Karl wrote:
"The flute! Who has the flute?"

"I have it!"

Roland begins furiously searching his pockets. Where did I put it... bomb... herbs... serum... where... ah!

Grasping the once fine instrument tightly in his hand, he pulls it from his coat and holds it up, brandishing it like a dagger... but is at a loss of how it can help.

"Um, what should I do with it?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl gives Roland an uncertain grimace.

Uh, play it? Maybe, gods, I don't know. Does anyone know how to play the flute?

Maybe a nice Oracle with a high Charisma score?

His eyes are wide as he turns his head this way and that, searching for the source of the sound, and keeping watch for the apparition.

Shanoa, how is Arthur? Will he live?


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren steps up to Shanoa's side as she inspects the man he's learned is Arthur. He keeps his shield up, trying to stand in the way danger getting to the woman and their downed companion. "What good is a flute going to do against such madness as this?" he cries.

Looking down at Arthur, he closes his eyes and prays, "By the sweet grace of Iomedae, may this man live to escape from this hell hole."


The flute music continues, dropping into a slow repetitive song that contains a surprising counterpoint that involves a high-pitched trilling.

Everyone has another action to go, please let me know if you do anything specific. We're not really in combat rounds, but feel free to ready actions, move around, etc.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa shakes her head. "He's gone. Just...stolen from us, right before our eyes."


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren shakes his head, grimacing, and stands up. "May his soul rest in peace, then. I'll be damned if we leave him down here with the rest of these demons, but we've got to deal with this first." He braces himself for whatever is about to come down on them.


I'm giving people a bit more time to make an action before the Piper reappears


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Biting her lip in nervous anticipation, Cassandra casts Detect Undead waiting for the apparition to reappear.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

This is foolish! Madness! Nothing in your life prepared you for this! Flee now!

Every instinct in his body is screaming at Roland to run screaming from Harrowstone Prison.

Except one voice at the back of his mind.

Coward. That ghost killed the Paladin. Killed Arthur. You hold in your hand its bane. Smite it!

For an instant, his eyes flash yellow, and his fear is replaced by rage.

"Pharasma take mercy on you Piper, for you will have none from us!"

Roland puts the flute to his lips and plays...


Roland blows into the flute, and a high-pitched shriek issues forth. He presses his mouth to the instrument more intently, forcing more air through the tarnished flute. As he continues to play, the sound resolves into a melody, but it is one that is almost painful to hear.

As he plays, blood begins flowing from his fingers and ears, and his feet begin moving around as if dancing to the horrible tune he is playing. 2 hit points of damage to Roland

More telling, perhaps, is the effect on the Piper. His form twists and shifts until the cloak rises up to resemble a set of stirge's wings, but torn and blackened, as if damaged in a fire. The bird cage and the flute are nowhere to be seen, and he reaches up with his hands and pulls the scarf down to reveal the scarred stump of a probiscus where his mouth should be... He reaches out and flies toward you!

Now we can move into initiative order, please roll initiative and let me know what you want to do.

Roland:
Please roll initiative, but your action is going to be to continue playing the flute.

At present, the only way for Roland to cease playing is to have the flute taken from him, be knocked unconscious, etc; he cannot choose to stop playing. He cannot speak, though he can move if he chooses, dancing wherever he goes.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round #1:
Initiative: 3
Hit points: 15/15
AC: 16 ; T: 12 ; FF: 14
CMD: 13
Condition:

Seeing the creature manifest itself, Cassandra summons a beam of pure energy from within herself and lashes out at the spirit.
Cast Disrupt Undead at the Piper.

Attack (ranged touch) roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Round 1

Shanoa turns at stares at the piper, letting the horror wash over her but steeling her resolve against it. Grabbing one of her flasks of holy water, she throws it at the piper.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
holy damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 1 damage if misses


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Karl moves to interpose himself between Roland and the Piper.

Come on then, you freak, he sneers, axe held high.

Karl assumes a fully defensive stance, +4 AC

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Forgot to add my trait bonus to damage - assuming the holy water hits it should do 8 damage


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Sorry for the delay. I'm in the Cleveland area and we caught the edge of Sandy and lost power for over 72 hours (something we had been assured wouldn't happen). Still trying to get everything straightened out at home but will be able to post again shortly.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Sorry to disappear again for a while, internet on this particular farmstead seems to be a rare commodity lately. A problem with satellites or some such -- seems to be working for now, but if I disappear again for a day or two that's likely the reason. After this weekend I'm moving to either a hostel or a new farm, and will hopefully have more reliable internet ;)

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Darren charges toward the apparition and slashes out with his sword, but fumbles his approach and blows the attack. "Have at you, devil!" he yells in the Piper's face. "You'll be claiming no more lives, today or ever."

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (w/ trait bonus)


No problem, Oorin, take care of your house and family. We'll be here when you're able to return. :)

I'm going to give the others a bit longer to post, but I'll be back this evening to recap the round and keep the fight going.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Sorry, didn't get a chance to get online yesterday.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Roland's resolve from a moment before seems to falter, his eyes turning normal and his face taking on an expression that no Sense Motive check is needed to read.

What have I done!?

Blood dripping from ears and fingernails, he dances almost comically, the hideous tune from the Piper's Flute loudly filling the prison.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]
Shanoa wrote:
Forgot to add my trait bonus to damage - assuming the holy water hits it should do 8 damage

As did I, add +1 damage to the spell's damage making it a whopping two points of damage.


Round One

24 Shanoa
19 Karl
18 Piper
10 Darren
15 Roland
03 Cassandra

Shanoa reacts quickest to the Piper's change, pulls a vial of holy water and throws it, striking the monster in the chest. A sulphuric smell fills the area as the Piper's chest blackens from the holy liquid...

Karl readies himself to protect Roland from the Piper.

The Piper flies directly toward Shanoa and slahes at her with his claws, hitting her and pulling her into his body. 6 damage, grappled

Darren misses on his attack, but draws a glare from the Piper.

Roland continues to play the flute while capering around, blood running freely from his fingers and ear 3 points damage

Cassandra casts a spell and points toward the Piper, and a small report sounds as the ghost's body is pushed to the side.

Oorin, surprised at the Piper's sudden transformation, pulls his crossbow and loads a bolt, preparing to shoot at his next opportunity.

DM Screen:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 1


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Posting now in case the internet craps out again soon, there are ooc additions for if a flank is achieved ;)

"Get off of her!" Darren cries, laying into the Piper with sword and shield.

Longsword Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (+2 if flanking)
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Shield Bash Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 (+2 if flanking)
Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa stands firm as she is embraced by the fiend. "You will not have me!" At once, the sign of the rose on her back begins to glow brightly as she murmurs words of incantation.

Swift action to activate judgement/healing. I regain 1hp.
Casting CLW on Piper - Do I need to make a touch attack when I'm already grappled? I figure we're already touching.
concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 DC=11+piper's CMB
CLW damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl moves forward and attempts to flank the Piper with Shanoa. Axe raised high, he swings at the top of the specter's head.

Flanking Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 10
Power Attack Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

In his haste, Karl swings wildly and narrowly avoids hitting Shanoa.


Female Changeling Oracle (Life) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 10/10]; [Armor Class: 16; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 14]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +0; CMD: 12]; [Saves: Fortitude: +3; Reflex: +2; Will: +2]; [Initiative: +2]; [Perception: +0]

Round #2:
Initiative: 3
Hit points: 15/15
AC: 16 ; T: 12 ; FF: 14
CMD: 13
Condition:

Cassandra marshalls her divine energy and releases it in an explosive burst in an attempt to damage the creature.

Channel Energy (DC:14): 1d6 ⇒ 6
Will save DC:14 for half damage


Round Two
24 Shanoa
19 Karl
18 Piper
10 Darren
15 Roland
03 Cassandra
01 Oorin

Shanoa stands firm as she is embraced by the fiend. "You will not have me!" At once, the sign of the rose on her back begins to glow brightly as she murmurs words of incantation. Feeling the power flow into her, she grabs the Piper’s arm and discharges the spell, noting as the monster flinches back from the holy energy forced into his body.

Karl moves forward and attempts to flank the Piper with Shanoa. Axe raised high, he swings at the top of the specter's head. In his haste, Karl swings wildly and narrowly avoids hitting Shanoa.

The Piper leans forward, attempting to place the bony shard of his proboscis over Shanoa’s face, but she is able to resist his attempts as the two continue to struggle. Shanoa is still grappled

"Get off of her!" Darren cries, attacking the Piper with both his sword and shield. The blade connects, cutting deep into the Piper, but the monster manages to avoid the shield.

Roland dances in a wild display of gyration and reckless disregard for his safety. Blood from his fingers and ears is thrown about the area as he continues to spin around. 6 points damage

Cassandra marshalls her divine energy and releases it in an explosive burst in an attempt to damage the creature.

Oorin mutters a quick prayer to any deity listening, then fires his crossbow bolt at the Piper, managing to hit with a brilliant shot! Apparently some diving being was indeed paying attention!

DM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d6 ⇒ 4
11,8,6,4

Shanoa, I did not require a touch attack since you're grappled.

Next round! The Piper is still grappling Shanoa, and trying to stab her in the face with the broken bones jutting out of his face!


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Welp. I'm at 0 hp.

... too much... can't... hold on...

Roland seems to gag, and the flute lets out one last shrill note as his eyes roll back into his head. He collapses into a heap and twitches, the Piper's Flute rolling from his limp hand.


The flute music stops, but the Piper's horrible form remains unchanged!

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

break grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The light from her back continues to envelop the duo as they struggle but Shanoa is unable to bread free of the creature.

Judgement/healing gives another 1hp


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl takes a step to flank the Piper with Darren and attempts to strike the phantom again.

Flanking Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 27
Damage with Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 + (4) = 13

GET OFF HER! he roars.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Darren continues his assault, a fearful eye cast back toward Roland as the flute music stops.

Longsword Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Shield Bash Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Karl, is that not a threatened critical with a natural 19? Just checking :P


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

I wish. The handaxe only crits on a 20. But, I think I'm stuck using it until we kill the Lopper.


Human M Human Fighter 3 Paladin 1 {HP37/37; AC19/11/18; F+7 R+4 W+4; Init+5; Perc+3}

Ahhh, I was looking on your character sheet and thought it was the short sword, hah.


Round Two
24 Shanoa
19 Karl
18 Piper
10 Darren
15 Roland
03 Cassandra
01 Oorin

Shanoa strains against the Piper, trying to break free, but she cannot escape his grasp!

Karl brings his weapon across the Piper's side and is rewarded with a loud "Crunch!" as the handaxe shatters several bones.

The Piper releases Shanoa, turns to Karl, and lashes out with his clawed hands, slashing him with both attacks! 4+4=8 damage total

Darren takes advantage of the Piper's focus on Karl and attacks the undead monster with both sword and shield, hitting both times!

The Piper nearly doubles over from the sword blow, and is knocked to the ground from Darren's shield. The monster struggles feebly for a few seconds, then becomes still. A cool breeze blows in from the collapsed wall and the Piper's body begins disintegrating as if it was made of dust. Less than a minute passes and the monster's body has completely disappeared.

The Piper of Illmarsh is no more.

DM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

-----

The flute that fell from Roland's hands is no longer the tarnished instrument it was... it is now bright and gleaming, apparently made from a metal with a silvery sheen.

Appraise DC 13:
The flute now appears to be made from platinum, and is worth at least 1,000 gold pieces.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland is breathing - the Piper of Illmarsh has not claimed a third life today.

He lies face down on the stone floor, arm outstretched toward the silvery flute, hand open. The blood has already begun to congeal on his finger nails and in his ears.

851 to 900 of 1,336 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.