Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.


551 to 600 of 1,336 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4
Shanoa wrote:
Shanoa considers for a moment. "As much as I hate the idea, going at night may be wise. I don't think we should let the townsfolk know we're going there - they seem to be skittish enough as it is - I'd rather we not have more rumors flying around if we can help it. I suppose we could still go by day if we left town from the other direction and then skirted around the town to approach the prison. Also, I'd like to make some more holy water before we go - I used all mine this morning."

That sounds like a good idea to me. Let's retire to the house; we'll ready ourselves to infiltrate Harrowstone in the morning well rested and with all of our strength. Roland, Arthur, what do you think?


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland will also carry one of the syphons and is happy to also have some oil on hand.

Karl wrote:
"Frankly, I don't even like that Oorin isn't here with us right now. We can't afford to lose another like we lost Michael..."

"He is, however, with Kendra." Roland points out. "And her safety is paramount. In fact, I'd prefer to ensure her safety before we go anywhere."

Karl wrote:
"Of course! Roland, we could work together and try to open the lock on this book I've been carrying around since we got the Professor's effects! This might have the information we need!"

Roland thinks on this for a moment, then shakes his head. "I think I'd rather not. The lock is very complex, and I'd hate to damage the book as the Professor wants us to return it to someone in Lepistadt. Indeed... had the Professor intended for us to open it, it is likely he would have left us the key."

Shanoa wrote:
"As much as I hate the idea, going at night may be wise. I don't think we should let the townsfolk know we're going there - they seem to be skittish enough as it is - I'd rather we not have more rumors flying around if we can help it. I suppose we could still go by day if we left town from the other direction and then skirted around the town to approach the prison. Also, I'd like to make some more holy water before we go - I used all mine this morning."
Karl wrote:
"That sounds like a good idea to me. Let's retire to the house; we'll ready ourselves to infiltrate Harrowstone in the morning well rested and with all of our strength. Roland, Arthur, what do you think?"

"I have some Alchemists Fire brewing at the house... but, ah, it'll be a few more days before it's ready. But I admit, we need to act before things get any worse in the town." He sighs. "Even so, we really should be rested and prepared before we do anything. And again, we must make sure Kendra won't be harmed while we're away."

He clears his throat, and looks away, slightly embarrassed to admit his cowardice to Shanoa. "And, ah... I would also be more comfortable going to the prison while the sun is up..."

What a great way to impress a lady...


I'm paying attention but don't have anything to add at this point. Just let me know when everyone is ready for Harrowstone.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Oorin's ready though right now he's still waiting at the house writing. Right now he can't decide if "Marta's" words "Dripped with dire prophecy" or "Oozed with shadows of the future".


Nice; personally, I like "dripped with dire prophecy".


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl gathers up any unclaimed haunt siphons and oils of spirit interaction and brings them back to the house house to pass out, making sure that Shanoa and Arthur each get one of the oils. We can apply these to our weapons when the time comes. Let's try to be sparing with them though.

He then goes through his pack,deciding which items to take, and which to leave in his room at the Lorrimor house. I probably won't need my tent or my bedding he mumbles to himself as he goes through the items, and this iron pot is right out but the rope should be useful, and these sunrods as well.

Afterwards, he applies his normal whetstone to his daggers and javelins before taking his care and honing his greatsword with the magical whetstone he received at the false tomb. Finally he looks to his armor, checking for weak links and rust, then applying a fresh coat of oil mixed with ashes to keep the links rust free and dulled against reflecting lights.

When he has seen to his gear, Karl gets what sleep he can before taking a watch during the middle hours of the night.

Anyone else want to take a watch tonight?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa passes the afternoon restlessly. When night finally falls she retires to her room and lays out two more empty flasks, kneeling before them and reciting several incantations which fill them with water before the water very subtly changes hue. Thinking of the events of this morning, she checks the window to make sure it's latched and shuttered before finally changing into her night clothes and climbing into bed. I'm not eager for the morning to come... she thinks as she drifts off to sleep.

casts create water followed by bless water x2. I'll need a full night's rest to recover my spells, unfortunately.


I'm planning to have the Harrowstone map up tomorrow if everyone is ready.


The road south out of town intersects with a wide trail about one mile south of Ravengro. A dilapidated sign indicates the trail leads to Harrowstone Prison. The trail was covered in stone at one point, but the decades of neglect have left it overgrown with tall grass and weeds.

The trail winds to the southeast for a few hundred yards before you emerge from the forest. A large hill rises in front of you, with a stone wall and guard towers resting on top. The trail continues around the base of the hill until it reaches the southern side where it turns up the incline. At the top of the hill are a set of rusting iron and wooden gates supported by two large towers. They creak softly as the wind pushes them to and fro. Beyond the gate, you see the two-story building known as Harrowstone.

-----

A couple of notes for the courtyard, using the map I posted in the Discussion thread. This is some basic information you can see as you approach the gate (nobody has entered the courtyard at this point).

The gate is located on the south side of the courtyard (R1). A small brick building is visible southwest of the main prison (R3); it appears to be a workshop or home, and the front door is hanging askew, opening the interior to the elements. The wall surrounding the prison is overgrown with ivy and weeds, and the stones are obliviously crumbling. There are a couple of guard towers still standing (R2).

A large pool of murky water covers the eastern side of the courtyard (R10). In some places, ruined areas of the wall still stand, providing you with an idea about where the wall once stood. It appears that part of the prison has collapsed into the pool.

The prison itself has suffered badly during the past 50 years. The walls and decorations are crumbling, and large sections of the roof are missing shingles, leaving the rafters open to the sky. Large piles of rubble cover the ground around the base of the prison, and rusting bars cover all the windows. There was once a set of large front doors, but only one remains, the other lost to vandals or time (R4). From your vantage point, you only see darkness beyond the door.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

What's the weather like?

Shanoa tries to put on a brave face as they leave in the morning, but as they walk out of town towards the prison she becomes more and more anxious, her eyes darting from shadow to shadow. As the walls of the prison come into view, her heart beats increasingly faster and her step falters for a moment before she looks around, and being reassured by the presence of her companions, continues onward. She tries to concentrate on the reassuring soft clink of the flasks of liquid at her side as they make the final approach to the gate. Taking a deep breath, she pulls one of the giant wooden doors open to gaze upon the courtyard. Almost breathlessly, she says in a low voice, "Let's look in that smaller building before we try and find a way in to the prison."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl nods and quietly says. That's fine, let's all go in together.
He takes his greatsword in hand, balanced on one shoulder and ready for a quick strike before moving forward to the smaller building, eyes wary.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland may not be a "people person," but on the trip to the prison he can practically sense the uneasiness in his companions - especially from Shanoa. As they reach the gates of the imposing structure, he tries to give her a reassuring smile.

It's a fair effort, if not exactly successful.

As she turns to open the doors, his eyes sweep over the crumbling facade.

Professor... you came here by yourself? I knew you were a brave man, but this seems foolhardy... even with numbers. He looks around at his companions, noting the painful absence of Michael.

I almost struck him in the tomb. The poor lad. He feels a sudden, odd rush of anger, and his hand tightens on his cane. These restless spirits have already decimated our number and we've never even set foot within the walls of this place! We will not suffer another loss!

Roland looks to Karl - perhaps and unlikely, but defacto leader? Worldly, well-traveled, his sword slung over his shoulder, looking every inch the brave warrior prepared to stride into danger.

His gaze shifts to Shanoa - clearly terrified, but willing to confront her very real fears to carry on the Professor and Michael's legacies. Boldly taking point and throwing open the doors of madness and horror.

He looks to Oorin - an odd gnome who admitted he barely knew the Professor, but earnest and good enough to step into a dangerous situation when innocents were threatened. Possessed of a keen curiosity that must drive him the way the Professor's did.

Finally, to Arthur - the Slaughter Priest. In many ways, an enigma - eerily calm in the face of almost certain doom.

Brave heroes, all. Michael and the Professor deserve to be here with them. Not me. I'm the cowardly scholar who should be safely back at Kendra's...

His heart pounding, Roland watches Shanoa throw open the doors, half expecting an army of ghostly prisoners to pour out and consume them. When nothing happens, he audibly sighs in relief.

Shanoa wrote:
"Let's look in that smaller building before we try and find a way in to the prison."
Karl wrote:
That's fine, let's all go in together.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Roland's eyes dart hither and yon as the quintet all begin to advance into the threshold of Harrowstone; every shadow and rustle is enough to cause his stomach to lurch.


DM Screen:
1d5 ⇒ 3

The group pushes the gate open and moves into the courtyard. As you get closer to the smaller building, you notice that it definitely appears to be a house rather than a workshop or office.

Karl:
You notice two items that give you pause: 1) a human skull rests on the front step of the main prison building, 2) several sets of tiny red eyes peer at your group from the western guard tower - rats.

Roland:
You notice one item out of place - a human skull rests on the front step of the main prison building.

The atmosphere in the courtyard is almost oppressive, and as the wind shifts slightly, all of you are assailed by the stench of burning flesh and wood. It appears that the worst of it comes from the east, somewhere around the murky pool of water. Just as it threatens to overwhelm you, the wind shifts again and all traces of smoke and death are gone.

Suddenly, Roland begins coughing and choking. He slaps at his arms and chest, throwing his hands into the air. A hoarse scream escapes his lips as he drops to the ground and starts rolling around, "It burns, the fire! It burns!"

Roland:
The scent of burning wood does not leave you... in fact, it becomes even stronger, so thick that the smoke begins to choke you. As you choke, the heat of the fire becomes even hotter and hotter, and your skin starts to burn! You are trapped inside a small stone cell with no escape - the other prisoners are dying around you and the guards have left you to die...Please give me a Fort save

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Agreed, bravo - excellent post Roland

Not sure what's happening, Shanoa jumps on Roland to try and subdue him.

grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

As they struggle she yells, "Roland, stop! You're not burning! Please stop!"


Grapple 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

A full nelson or a sleeper hold...

TSP helps Shanoa.

"By the gods of the balance who hold sway over the threshold, I command you unclean spirit to be gone!"

And no, I don't do exorcisms.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Wild with sudden panic, flames dancing in his vision, Roland doesn't seem to see or hear Shanoa, and slips away from her... only to be caught by the strong hands of the The Slaughter Priest. He struggles, but is no match for the firm grip of the Oracle of Battle, shrieking.

"We're burning alive! Why won't they let us ouuuuuuuttttttt!?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl looks at Roland in shock and horror, unsure of what to do, he drops his sword and grabs his haunt siphon. He twists the vial open and whispers under his breath Pharasma, let this work!

Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


As the haunt siphon opens, the gas inside the vial erupts outward and hovers in the air for a moment, before flying directly at Roland. The smoke dissipates as it hits him, and he slumps forward.

Roland blinks and looks up, his eyes once again clear, and no longer suffering from the haunt.

Roland:
Successful Fort save, no damage. The haunt siphon ends the haunt, so other than suffering the visions and sensations, no remaining effects.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

As Roland calms, Shanoa scrambles back to her feet, suddenly feeling self-conscious. She looks around for some indication of who might have caused Roland to lose his sanity like that, but not seeing anyone other than their group, becomes still...and frightened. "What just happened?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl looks around wary as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

What happened Roland? Are you ok? Also, not to alarm anyone, but there is a skull on the steps of the main building.

He slowly places the spent vial into his backpack and takes his sword back up again.

His words come out in a strained whisper. We should keep moving. I don't think staying in one place for a while is a very good idea here.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland slumps in the Slaughter Priest's grip, shaking his head. His voice comes out hoarse.

"My... my apologies..."

He clears his throat, and tries to smile, voice quaking, face pale.

"You... ah... can let me go now, Arthur. Whatever came over me seems to have ended."

Shanoa wrote:
"What just happened?"
Karl wrote:
"Are you ok?"

"I don't know. As we crossed into the courtyard I was suddenly overcome with visions of flames... and a terrible sense of being trapped. It was so real..."

Roland shudders, the intense feeling over overwhelming heat still fresh in his mind.

We're not welcome here... we're trespassing on a grave...

Unconsciously, he makes the sign of Pharasma's spiral over his heart.

Karl wrote:
"We should keep moving. I don't think staying in one place for a while is a very good idea here."

We should flee while we still can!

Roland gulps.

"Ah... yes... and let's be sure not to get separated if we can help it."


As you all look around, it becomes obvious that the small house is on the verge of collapsing. The interior has been ransacked and destroyed, and there does not appear to be anything of value inside.

Karl:
In the aftermath of the excitement, you notice something strange that everyone has so far overlooked. There is a set of red markings near the front of the main prison building. You are about fifty feet away from them at the moment.

DM Screen:
1d5 ⇒ 1


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

No need to apologize, Karl tells Roland with a forced grin. We're just glad you're ok. Best to not let him know how much that rattled me. Panic is death here.

There are rats in the Western guard tower, and red markings on the front of the main prison building, Karl whispers to the others as he points out the red eyes and red markings for the others. And there is that skull as well. There's something I really don't like about that skull.

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 to know general swarm traits. Nice, that should cover it!

If the rats swarm us, that alchemists fire of yours should be effective, Roland. Keep some close to hand, as they'll probably be too small for my sword to be effective. If they're of the larger variety, they'll cut easy enough, though the fur and meat are nothing to write home about. Let's not provoke them if we can avoid it, but in this place, well, who knows how they'll act?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa frowns and walks closer to the skull Karl pointed out. Is this human?

heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 (to identify the skull's origin)
Uses Detect Evil ability on skull


Shanoa:
The skull definitely appears human, though you do notice strange cracks all over it. You find it odd, almost as if the skull had been shattered and put back together again... all except a small piece on the right side. It does not detect as evil.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa freezes as she realizes what she's looking at. Without turning, eyes fixed on the skull, she asks, "Wasn't one of the murderers that died here trying to recreate his lovers' skull by piecing together bits from his victims?"


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

"Yes, indeed," Oorin murmurs peering more closely at the skull. "Is this just a psychotic habit or is there necromancy at play?"

Oorin casts Detect Magic on the skull.

Memorized Spells:

0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Read Magic
1-Level: Mage Armor, Stumble Gap, True Strike
Specialization: Burning Hands


Oorin:
Assuming you're going to use three rounds: 1) you detect magic, 2) two auras of equal strength, 3) Spellcraft DC 16 reveals the auras to be illusion and necromancy.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"This is strange," Oorin says still looking at the skull. "It's definitely magical and seems to be both illusory and necromatic...a magical trap perhaps. Possibly designed to trick the unwary into investigating but it could also be concealing something of importance."

Oorin shakes his head in frustration. "I don't know enough of these people's methods. You don't place traps for no reason; it's either designed to keep something out (or in) or to guard something. I don't know which."


Oorin:
Sorry, should have also pointed out that the red lines Karl noticed also radiate alteration magic, but they seem strange to you. The runes and design are definitely arcane in nature, and they completely encircle the prison, but they do not appear to be designed to contain the prison itself; they appear to be designed to attract and control something specific.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

"Also, there's a set of arcane red marks and lines which, as far as I can tell, surround the prison in its entirety. They appear to be...well, I'm not completely sure what they are. Something to facilitate a summoning perhaps?"

Oorin's voice takes on a worried tone, "These magics are unusual and unique. A great deal of planning and time has gone into this and we've barely scratched the surface. The Professor was right to fear what was happening here but I'm afraid he didn't fear ir enough. There's more going on here than an unusual haunting or two."

You were a brave and intelligent man Professor but you were in over your head on this one. I wonder, after all the time you spent investigating, what it was that triggered the need for you to be killed.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa still hasn't moved, fixated as she is on the skull. "So...what do we do about this? I don't know if we dare move it but the thought of just leaving it here is frightful."


TSP draws his katana and moves to skewer the skull through the eye sockets.


As his katana touches the skull, it disintegrates into a small pile of dust.

TSP:
Please make a Will save

I'm going to assume you look around a bit from the ground, and there are several locations of note. Let me know if you want to investigate any of these locations.

R2: Guard Tower
When you get within twenty feet of the tower, the rats begin to get very agitated. If you retreat, they calm back down.

R6: West Balcony
Stairs lead up to this balcony. From the ground, you can see several barred windows in the main building that overlook the balcony.

R7: East Balcony
The northern portion of this balcony has crumbled away into a pile of rubble amid the gently rippling waters of a dark pool of water. Ivy hangs down from the walls in thick, matted lengths, while dense tangles of vines decorated with deep red and violet flowers adorn the balcony’s edges above. There does not appear to be an easy way to get up to the balcony from the ground.

R8: Upper Balcony
This balcony sits twenty feet off the ground. You can see that unlike the others, it is constructed of wood, not stone. There does not appear to be any way to get up to the balcony other than climbing.

R9: Cesspit
This deep pit was obviously where the prison discarded all of their refuse. Even today, fifty years later, the foul stench of the pit assaults your senses if you get too close.

R10: Murky Pond
This large pond of dark, muddy water spreads out along the eastern section of the prison grounds. Here and there, bits of ruined wall protrude from the water, and thick tangles of reeds and cattails grow along the muddy shores.

You also have the entrance to the prison at R4 if you desire to simply walk through the front door.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa is startled at the sudden destruction of the skull, but grateful to have it gone. "I suppose we'd better look around a bit before we head inside." She walks over to the murky pond, morningstar in her hand at the ready, her eyes darting here and there for signs of danger.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Shanoa:
Your keen sight detects slight ripples and eddies in the pond, between ten to fifteen feet from the water's edge. They are small, but these may indicate movement below the top of the water. Unfortunately, the pond is cloudy and murky, and it is impossible to see below the surface.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa stops several paces away from the water's edge. "This place makes me uneasy. There's too much wrong, and too much we don't know. I think...we'd better look inside."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl steps up beside Shanoa. Inside the pool, or inside the prison? His eyes travel warily, on the lookout for any signs of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


For the GM

Spoiler:
Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

This elicits a bit of a laugh from Shanoa. "No, I wouldn't touch that water. I saw movement a moment ago and don't want to find out what caused it. Let's enter the prison."


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Oorin eyes the pool with distrust mingled with disgust. "I agree with the prison route. Mucky pools contain little but muck. When there is something there it's usually something you don't want to bother."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Fair enough, prison it is. Karl makes his way to the entrance, as he does, he says in a low voice, Oorin, that magical writing... I don't know much about such things, but if we were to erase it, would that be good or bad? I mean, if the Whispering Way put it there, shouldn't we take it down?


Oorin:
It's obvious that the lines haven't been maintained in several weeks, so it doesn't seem like erasing them is going to have any further affect on what's currently happening. It won't make the situation any "worse" so to speak.


TSP:
As your katana touches the skull, you hear a hoarse mocking laughter coming from the doorway ahead of you. A short and stout figure emerges from the door, his hair and beard wild and unkempt, his clothes scorched, and a massive hammer in his hand. Your focus, however, is that he appears to be completely transparent. The laughter stops as he raises his gaze to glare at you through hate-filled eyes. His mouth opens to reveal rotting teeth and a swollen tongue, and though he does not speak, you hear, "Your skull is mine!"

He leaps at you, swinging his hammer at your head, but at the moment of impact, the image dissapates and he is gone. You feel a quick rush of air, but that is the only evidence that what you saw was real...

This entire episode takes approximately one second of game time.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland is sure to stay close to the rest of the group, clearly still shaken from the earlier experience.

Not too much to add at the moment - and a busy weekend will limit my ability to post for the next day or so.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa nods and cautiously approaches the entrance to the prison. With a few words of incantation, her morningstar begins to shine bright as a torch, illuminating the path in front of her. "Goddess light my way." Thus prepared, she takes a deep breath and steps inside.

casts Light


I have posted a link to a map of the prison in the Discussion thread. I will use that map for references, uncovering portions of it as the party progresses.

S1: This was once a wide hall flanked by a pair of waiting rooms, but the foyer to Harrowstone now lies in ruins. With little left to hold up the ceiling, the wooden beams above sag dramatically. The wall to the north contains a large pair of oaken doors. The doors are open, and with the illumination from the light spell, you can see:

S2: Streaks of mold stain the walls of this foyer, and the floor below is a thick, gray carpet of fungal growth. Sturdy wooden doors beckon from every wall. There is a single door to the west, double doors to the north, double doors and a single door to the east.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Is the fungus safe? Poisonous?


DM Haldhin wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

TSP raises his katana in a blocking gesture. He blinks and he finds that he is not under attack.

"Did you not see that?"

He asks of the others.


Shanoa:
You recognize the varieties of mold and fungus, and you know that casual contact and/or proximity is not dangerous. You wouldn't recommend eating any of them, but just being around them is totally safe.

551 to 600 of 1,336 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.