Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

To Wear the Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Carrion Crown Adventure Path.


501 to 550 of 1,336 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

An interesting reading...but what's this now?

Oorin's eyes narrow as Marta is at the door again.

As he ponders this, "Marta, you didn't, by any chance, happen to see someone leave the house just a few moments ago did you?"


Marta looks at you and smiles, "Come now friends, having fun with me and all. I'm only a few minutes late..."

Her face pales as she looks at the clock, "What is wrong with that clock? I left my store at eleven forty-five, but that says one fifteen!"

Sense Motive DC 10:
Marta is absolutely shocked to see the clock at one fifteen.

Sense Motive DC 20:
When Marta walked in, she had a slightly glazed look in her eyes, but her notice of the time seems to have brought her back to normal.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Wow!

Roland's frown deepens as he sees her confusion, and her odd demeanor.

What sorcery is THIS now?

"You've been here for the past hour... you have no memory of this?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Sense Motive1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 clueless Karl strikes again.

Come now Marta, no jokes. After you nearly scared me to death with that talk of Publicans and Cyclopses, Mute Hags and a Lost asylum. It's not funny, and it doesn't lend any credence to your cards or tea readings. Or is it money you've come for? We won't be swindled if that's what you have in mind.

Karl looks suspiciously at the fortune-teller.


Marta seems distraught, "What? No, I just left my house a few minutes ago. I... I walked right here... except..."

Her eyes widen in sudden recognition, "Oh, no, it couldn't be!"

She screams and flings the door open, running out of the house!


TSP follows after Marta.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl chases after Marta as well, as he does he grins at Arthur.

Nothing like rushing headlong into danger, eh?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa runs out following Karl, completely bewildered.

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

I'm gonna be on the road today - feel free to DMPC me as needed.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 13

Why isn't anything ever simple around here?

Oorin dashes off as well. What a sight this must be...


Marta is jogging down the street ahead of you, but she finally stops about 200 feet north of the Lorrimor house near a large tree. As you arrive, you find her staring down at the ground. At her feet is the body of a small brown and white bird.

Knowledge: nature and Knowledge: religion checks, please


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

nature 21 and religion 11 if this is to identify a monster/animal


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

K: Religion 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Roland watches everyone sprint out of the house, mouth agape.

"Wha... where is everyone going!?"

He turns and looks dumbfounded at Kendra.

"What was that about?"


Karl:
You don't believe you've ever seen this bird before

Shanoa:
You identify the bird as a whippoorwill. It's odd that one would be in this region at this time of year. Unfortunately, you can't think of any religious significance.

Oorin:
The way the bird is lying on the ground seems strange somehow, as if it was "arranged" in position.

Marta is sobbing while staring at the bird, entirely oblivious to anything else that's occurring around her.

Sense Motive DC 10:
Marta is very close to becoming hysterical. Whatever is bothering her is close to pushing her over the edge of sanity.

If characters try to soothe Marta Please make two checks; one to calm her, one to get her to speak:

Diplomacy DC 15:
You manage to calm her enough to prevent a further scene.

Diplomacy DC 15:
She stammers as she speaks, [b]"She sent the bird as a sign and used my abilities - the Lady of Graves, Pharasma, she who guides prophecy.


Kendra turns to Roland, "I have no idea what's going on. Marta was here, gave everyone a reading, then she left. Then she came back, acted like she didn't remember anything, and ran off."

She shakes her head, "Things are happening around here, Roland, and I'm getting a bad feeling. Ravengro was always a nice town, full of friendly, hard-working people. Now, I don't know, everyone is so mean, the... people dying. Things are different here.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Shanoa catches up to Marta, and seeing her current state tentatively puts her arm around the woman. "Marta, it's alright. Strange things are happening around town, and we're all on edge." She pauses for a moment as she recognizes what Marta was staring at. "You've found a Whippoorwill - what's it doing here this time of year?"

Marta stammers as she speaks, "She sent the bird as a sign and used my abilities - the Lady of Graves, Pharasma, she who guides prophecy."

Shanoa looks at the woman, then the bird. "Marta, whether by your own hand or those of the gods, you've given us valuable knowledge. Something big is happening, that might have the whole town, or more involved. If Pharasma herself deemed that it was important enough that we get that information, perhaps there was just no other way. Either way, what you've told us may save lives. You've done a great thing, and I thank you for it."


Marta looks at Shanoa with crazed gleam in her eye, "No! No, no, no. You don't understand. The Gods don't speak through the Harrow deck, it doesn't happen! It's never happened. The Harrow deck is different, it's not of the divine spirit. Something must have... yes."

She starts looking at each of your faces, scrutinizing them for ... something. After not finding what she sought, she begins looking each of you over, examining you where she stands, then quickly walking around each of you, straining to capture every minute detail of your appearance.

"None of you worship the Lady! But that doesn't make any sense. It would only happen for one of her champions! Have any of you ever served in a Temple? Or fought under the Lady's banner? Perhaps did some great service for her? There has to be some reason she interfered!"

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa looks concerned. "While that might be true, we all still respect her, and I believe Roland served her in his youth. And even if the gods don't speak through the harrow deck, that doesn't stop them from speaking through you." She pauses for a moment, as memories of the past few days fly through her head. "Just this morning I saved Father Grimburrow's life, which may account for something. But beyond that, Pharasma loathes the undead - and there have been several such sightings and other mysterious happenings around town lately. If there's danger from a great undead menace, as your readings seemed to imply, wouldn't the Lady act to counter that in any way she can? Even if those available aren't her priests?"


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

The not particularly pious Oorin doesn't really understand why the woman is so upset.

"Marta, if it comforts you any, the gods didn't really speak through the Harrow deck, they spoke through you. From what I understand, the reading was no different than any Varisian Harrower might have given. Why Pharasma, or some agent of hers, possessed you to do it I confess I have not the slightest idea."

"As for the whole "champion" thing, well, I don't know about that either. Outside of her clergy, I've never heard of anyone being a champion to The Lady of the Graves."

Oorin stays silent for a while but he can't keep his curiosity in check, "I'm sorry, the bird seems arrayed in an unusal fashion; is there some significance to that?"


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)
Kendra wrote:
"Things are happening around here, Roland, and I'm getting a bad feeling. Ravengro was always a nice town, full of friendly, hard-working people. Now, I don't know, everyone is so mean, the... people dying. Things are different here."

"It's that prison..." Roland looks out the window, frowning. "Whatever this cult was doing, it's clearly awoken something evil that's been hidden deep inside. And now it's loose in the town."

Roland shakes his head.

"It pains me to say... but I believe the answers to our questions, and the solution to the problems in the town lie there. And it seems inevitable that we'll need to go there."

And without the Professor, or Michael. What chance do we really stand against such concentrated malice?

"I should see where the others have gotten to. Excuse me..."

Roland grabs his coat and cane and heads down the road to where the others have gathered, coming in just as Oorin finishes speaking.

Oorin wrote:
"... some significance to that?"

"Significance to what?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Unsure as to what has taken place with Marta and the whippoorwill, Karl's thoughts return to the Harrow reading.

Who have I overlooked? he mumbles to himself. Who is the Publican, and what is the Cyclops? Maybe that associate of the Professor...


Marta continues to become even more agitated, and when Oorin mentions the bird, she replies, "It's her sign, don't you understand? A dead whippoorwill is one of her symbols! "

Her eyes start to widen, "None of you understand! I need to stop the visions, I must get home!" Marta turns away and begins running north toward town, heading directly for her store.

-----

Everyone is about 150' north of Kendra's house, and Marta's store is another 600' north of that across the square.

It's about 1:30pm in the afternoon.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Marta, please stop! Shanoa sighs and whispers a few words of incantation. Casts daze, DC 13 - going to continue post assuming she doesn't save.

Running up to catch up with the woman, Shanoa places herself in front of her. As soon as she comes to, she continues. "Marta, please calm down. This is a good thing that's happened, and you've helped enormously to guide us on a path to help you and everyone else in this town. The Lady of Graves is not evil - she would not have done this great thing for us were it not so important to the lives of everyone here and to the natural flow of nature. Now come with us back to the house - we'll all sit down together and have some lunch, and can talk about what has happened rationally and calmly."


DM Screen:
Marta's Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Your spell definitely affects her, and she ceases to run and simply stands in the middle of the road. You catch up:

Quote:
Running up to catch up with the woman, Shanoa places herself in front of her. As soon as she comes to, she continues. "Marta, please calm down. This is a good thing that's happened, and you've helped enormously to guide us on a path to help you and everyone else in this town. The Lady of Graves is not evil - she would not have done this great thing for us were it not so important to the lives of everyone here and to the natural flow of nature. Now come with us back to the house - we'll all sit down together and have some lunch, and can talk about what has happened rationally and calmly."

Shanoa, please make a diplomacy check

Diplomacy DC 20

If successful:
"No, you don't understand, this never happens. The Gods don't interfere with Harrow readings. For this to have occurred means a major disaster is coming, and you people are all in the middle of it. The best thing for me to do is to get as far away from you as possible!"

It appears Marta is more rational now, but she has no interest in spending any more time with you, and she is not willing to return to the house with you.

If failed:
"Let me go! Help! Help! She's attacking me with her magic! Somebody help me! Let me go, you witch! Get away from me!"

Marta has descended into utter insanity. She is kicking and screaming, doing everything she can to get away from you as quickly as possible.

Other characters may aid Shanoa on her Diplomacy check. Everyone can read the spoilers after the result is posted.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Phew!

"Ok, I won't stop you. I don't deny that there may be a great disaster coming, but we're going to do everything in our power to stop it, and I still thank you for your role in helping. Please go with the grace of the gods."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl steps up next to Shanoa as Marta retreats back to her shop. This just keeps getting better and better, eh? At this rate, the entire town will be unwilling to walk down the same street as us. And frankly, all she's given me is more questions. I don't like it, but I think we're going to have to explore the prison. Still, we haven't talked to the professor's old associate, the apothecary yet, at least, not about the professor, have we? Maybe we should make that our last stop.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa nods. "Let's stick together for this one. I can't tell you how much I wished you were with me at the Temple this morning."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl nods, then turns to Roland to answer his question. Apparently, the dead bird signifies that we are now champions of Pharasma. Not that she asked or anything... but considering that the professor gave his soul to arm us, we'd best get to work I suppose. I was just saying to Shanoa that we should make one last stop to talk to the professor's old associate, the apothecary, see if he has any insight to offer before we decide to throw ourselves against a gang of murderous ghosts and she reminded me not to gp haring off on my own. He favors Shanoa with a quick grin, before looking away even quicker.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

As Marta runs off again, "No actually, I don't understand," he mutters with exasperation.

Upon hearing her further explanation, "So the gods (or a god) felt the need to speak to us directly regarding an unavoidable major disaster? That's amazing! I need to write down everything she said!" Oorin races back to the house to grab pen an ink and will begin (excitedly) writing down everything that was said during the Harrowing to the best of his remembrance, constantly perstering Kendra when his own memory fails him.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)
Karl wrote:
"Apparently, the dead bird signifies that we are now champions of Pharasma. Not that she asked or anything... but considering that the professor gave his soul to arm us, we'd best get to work I suppose. I was just saying to Shanoa that we should make one last stop to talk to the professor's old associate, the apothecary, see if he has any insight to offer before we decide to throw ourselves against a gang of murderous ghosts and she reminded me not to go haring off on my own."

And now we're champions of Pharasma?

Roland rubs his eyes. It's already been a very long day.

"I'd be interested in accompanying you to the apothecary. I could use some more supplies."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4
Roland Savardson wrote:


Roland rubs his eyes. It's already been a very long day.

"I'd be interested in accompanying you to the apothecary. I could use some more supplies."

Let's be off then. Hopefully we can get a good night's sleep tonight and approach Harrowstone in the light of the new day.

Karl pauses for a moment, Roland, do you still have those tools you used to try to open the locked book? I'd like to acquire some of my own, but I'm not sure exactly what constitutes a full set.

Karl begins walking towards the apothecary shop.

And Karl doesn't even have the 30 gp to pay for a set of lock picks, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.


You arrive at the Apothecary shop after a few minutes of walking. Upon entering, Jominda greets you excitedly. "I'm so glad you've returned, Master Oorin, and you brought your friends! You'll never guess what you have!" She reaches behind her counter and retrieves one of the vials full of green gas you found earlier.

"I could barely believe it when I identified this earlier today. It is called a haunt siphon. It is a very rare object, and one that was designed to aid those who encounter malicious spirits."

She demonstrates how to open the vial by opening a clasp and twisting the lid. As she does so, the gas inside the vial begins swirling around. After making sure each of you has seen it, she closes it again.

"If you were to encounter a dangerous spirit, you could attempt to disperse it by opening the haunt siphon. One would probably be powerful enough to disperse less powerful spirits, but more dangerous ghosts might take several."

She turns it over in her hands, "The good news is that retains its properties even after its used. It will automatically reset in 24 hours. If you wish to reset it earlier, you can cast a spell of good-aligned power into it."

"Now, is there anything else I can help you with today?"

-----

The group currently has four haunt siphons.


Haunt Siphon
If opened within 20 feet of an incorporeal spirit, ghost, haunt, etc, the haunt siphon deals 2d6 points of positive energy to the target. Opening the haunt siphon is a move action that requires two hands; one to hold it and another to open the clasp and twist the lid.

If used, the haunt siphon automatically resets in 24 hours, but it can be manually reset if a spell of positive energy of at least 1st level is cast into it.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa regards the tool with curiosity. "What an ingenious device - I've never heard of such a thing. Could certainly be quite useful." She turns one over several times in her hands before handing it to Oorin. "Keep those close on hand. If this morning is any indication, we'll need them."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl takes up one of the vials and hangs it from a loop on his belt. I'm certainly glad we came here, these might just be the edge we need. He smiles at the apothecary and says, Ms. Jominda, could I ask you a question regarding professor Lorrimor?

After she assents, he queries, Did he talk to you about his studies in the weeks before he passed on? I've heard that you often worked with him, and any information you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Also, do you happen to know where I could procure a set of clocksmith's tools?


She thinks for a few minutes, "No, he never really talked to me about his studies. The only real interaction we had was when he would visit with a new formula, or a new request for an alchemical experiment. For example, he asked me to brew up a batch of something he called ghost oil. Said it was for testing a couple of items that might be haunted... Something about the oil making the objects easier for spirits to affect. I didn't get all the details."

She suddenly looks speculatively at you, "Say, could you use it? He paid me for the materials, but not the containers. I've got five doses ready to go, and if you can pay me the two gold pieces I invested, they're yours."

Jominda looks at Karl, "Well, I might have something like that in the back. They're just plain tools though, nothing special. Would that work for you?"


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl nods, I will gladly reimburse you for your outlay. As one the professor's heirs, it is the least I can do. May I see the tools? I must warn you, I will not have much in the way of means after paying for the professor's items, but perhaps we could work out an arrangement of some sort?

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa rolls her eyes. "Oh, Karl, we certainly have the funds between the lot of us." She fishes a pair of gold coins out of her pouch and hands them over.


Male Human Alchemist 4 (HP 28/28 - AC15, T13, FF12 - F+5 R+6 W+2 - Init+2 - Perc+8) (Effects: +2 save vs Poison)

Sorry - yesterday kept me too busy to get back to the computer.

Karl wrote:
"Roland, do you still have those tools you used to try to open the locked book? I'd like to acquire some of my own, but I'm not sure exactly what constitutes a full set."

En-route to the apothecary, Roland happily explains to Karl the tools he's accrued for his research - specifically those he uses for machines.

"I'd be more than happy to help you find all the appropriate tools as well." He says as the group walks into the apothecary.

Roland listens to the apothecary discuss the haunt syphons and the ghost oil as he peruses the reagents and such on display, but mostly keeps to himself.

Karl wrote:
"I will not have much in the way of means after paying for the professor's items, but perhaps we could work out an arrangement of some sort?"
Shanoa wrote:
""Oh, Karl, we certainly have the funds between the lot of us."

"Indeed, old chap. After all, we're going to need to pool our resources if we intend to head into the, ah..." Roland glances at the apothecary. "The, ah, old place."


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl grins and even blushes a bit. I've never had friends like this before. You're all too kind, I don't even... The professor... I think he brought us all together for a reason. Even from beyond the veil, he's teaching me new things. Karl mumbles a bit in his embarrassment, but smiles genuinely at Roland and Shanoa. Thanks. I really mean it.


Jominda is very accommodating. She has an old set of "clockmaker's tools" that while dated are still usable. She asks you for 20 gold due to their age, and the fact that she's had them for years without anybody asking to purchase them.

So just to confirm, the party pays 22 gold for thieves' tools and five vials of oil of ghostly interaction?

-----

Assuming the characters are finished at Jominda's, what do they want to do next? It's about 3pm in the afternoon.

In case anyone is interested, walking to Harrowstone only takes ten minutes. Just follow the road south out of town, you can't miss it. ;)

Oil of spirit interaction
When used, the object (or objects, in the case of a group of fifty arrows or bolts) is able to interact with incorporeal creatures. The affected object can be counted as either corporeal or incorporeal at any given time. A weapon or projectile covered with the oil is treated as if it has the ghost touch weapon property. The oil lasts for 1 minute or until consumed (if used on projectiles).


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Just an FYI: Oorin didn't go with the group to the apothecary. He was so excited about conversing with something divine (possibly a god(ess)) that he raced back to Kendra's to try and transcribe the entire Harrowing from memory.


Ah, thanks, I missed that post. Noted.

Slight retcon on introductions, but the end result of visiting Jominda is the same for the rest of the group.


Male Gnome Wizard (Fire) 3 (HP 19/24 AC 13, T 13, FF 11/ F +3, R +3, W +3/ Init. +2/ Per. +2)

Oorin doesn't notice the passage of time as he frantically writes down everything "Marta" said. If his memory fails at any point, he'll beg Kendra to recall it for him. He's too excited to consider that if he doesn't remember it, she might not either.


TSP gladly hands the 20gp Jominda asks for.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

Karl pays out the two gold (2gp) for the ghost oil, and accepts a haunt siphon, an oil of spirit interaction and the "clock-maker's tools."

Thank you Arthur, and you as well Jominda. It's a good thing we visited your shop today.

Once everyone is done, Karl exits the shop with the rest of the group.

Well, should we make our way to Harrowstone now, or wait until tomorrow? It seems like these spirits are active day and night, although we will probably do better while the sun's light shines on us. Then again, I don't really want to know what these ghosts will do with another evening to torment this town. Frankly, I don't even like that Oorin isn't here with us right now. We can't afford to lose another like we lost Michael...

He looks to Shanoa, Arthur and Roland. What do you guys think? Is there anything we've missed? Any other information about these spirits we could find? Anything from your Harrow readings? If not, I think the sooner we make our way into the prison, the sooner this will all be over with.

He stops for a moment, then strikes his own forehead. Of course! Roland, we could work together and try to open the lock on this book I've been carrying around since we got the Professor's effects! This might have the information we need!

I'm thinking a Take 20 with Aid Another should do the trick on this thing. And if you can boost your Dex with one of your extracts, even better.

Shadow Lodge

F Human Inquisitor 4 {HP32/32; AC16/12/14; F+5 R+4 W+8; Init+7; Perc+10}

Shanoa considers for a moment. "As much as I hate the idea, going at night may be wise. I don't think we should let the townsfolk know we're going there - they seem to be skittish enough as it is - I'd rather we not have more rumors flying around if we can help it. I suppose we could still go by day if we left town from the other direction and then skirted around the town to approach the prison. Also, I'd like to make some more holy water before we go - I used all mine this morning."


Oorin, Kendra is not around very much while you're working. If you look for her, you eventually find her taking a nap in her room.

I have one haunt siphon and one oil of spirit interaction with Karl. Who else wants to carry some?

Regarding when to head toward Harrowstone, you are fairly certain you can easily slip out of town without being seen if that is important to you. Not sure if that affects your decision, but wanted to mention it.

Karl, please correct me if I'm wrong, but with a 20 + 8 (your Disable Device) + 2 for Aid Another, that gets you to 30. If so, the lock does not open. If I've missed something, let me know.


Half-elf Ranger (Guide) 4 / Rogue 2 HP: (37/37) 49/49 / Init +4; Perception +16; AC 18/13/16; F+(3) 5, R+9, W+5; CMD: 21; Conditions: Mummy Rot - Con Damage: 4, Cha Damage: 4

If Roland is willing to burn a mutagen on it his Disable Device would be +9, if we got someone to cast Guidance on him that would give an additional +1 which would bring us up to 32, but I can't see us getting any higher than that.


Unfortunately, 32 is still too low to open the lock. If I may offer some DM-lerly advice... don't stress about it for now, it wouldn't affect any of your immediate objectives/concerns.

501 to 550 of 1,336 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To Wear the Carrion Crown (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.