Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

To The Nine Worlds

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

Chosen by Woden, our adventurers search for the lost gods. Combat Map


1 to 50 of 8,345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You awaken in the center of a small village. The houses appear to be made from gingerbread, frosting and candy canes. You see several other people gathered around you, in a state of confusion you can easily relate with. The sound of trumpets come from the east end of town.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Frostine rubs her head, making sure the hood still covers the mark on her forehead. This was all very confusing. The last thing she remembered was being on Frijia....where was she now. Sitting up a bit she moans as she feels a slight throbbing in her head.

Looking around she asks, "Where.....where am I?"


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

Sitting up groggily Sig takes in her surroundings. Everything was...hazy, she couldn't even remember what she was doing last. Looking around, there was nothing even remotely familiar. The buildings seemed to be made out of...pastry?

A groan next to her draws her attention to the young woman beside her.....Frostine.

A wave of relief floods her at the sight of someone familiar. "I was hoping you'd know. We were exploring Frijia and the next thing I know I'm waking up with a gods damned headache."


Several of the people around you splinter off into to groups of twos, threes and fours, seemingly familiar with each other. About ten or so people seem to be alone.


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

Standing and reaching down to help the ice sorceress up Sigrdrífa looks around. "It looks like some of these people know each other like we do, but everyone looks confused."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She shakily takes Sig's hand and gets to her feet, "I'm glad you're here....but, what happened to everyone else and how did we get here? My head is throbbing too, do you think maybe we ate something bad and this is just a dream brought on by food poisoning?" She asks as her voice shakes slightly. She didn't see Sugarsnap, Sir Truffles, Elle, Jettar, or anyone else that had been with them. Shaking her head again she looks around for anyone remotely familiar to her.


No one else looks familiar to Frostine, but her eye is drawn to a rather uncomfortable looking woman about her age with two rapiers by her side.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Letting go of Sig's hand she gives her a small smile to let her know that she'll be okay and takes a few tentative steps towards the other young woman, "Ummm hello....are you feeling a little lost as well?"


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica looks up at the woman who approached her. Just as young as me... "Yeah...I was traveling with some friends...well, only Derika and Vishanti were my friends...nevermind. I'm definitely lost."

She pauses noticing the woman's hood was trying to hide something. "So...I guess this is real?"


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

"I've never heard of food poisoning leading to shared hallucinations, though there are some rituals I've heard of in distant lands that take those participating to a dram world.....though I doubts this is that. It is odd enough though." Sig replies checking her weapons and gear, comforted to find it all there.

As the other woman responds to Frostine's question she looks over at her. "It appears to be. You have any memory of getting here? We can't remember anything"


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica shakes her head. "We had cleared out a haunted inn and then settled in for the night. I woke up here...without anyone I know."


The trumpets blare again, this time with a sound of urgency. A couple of groups head toward the sound to investigate.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She nods her head, "Yeah....it's pretty much the same for us too. Since I have no idea what we're doing here and apparently...." She says as she gives herself a good pinch and then squeals, "Since this is not some type of weird hallucination or dream....then it's as my friend Sig here said and this is very real....do you maybe...wanna stick with us? At least then you won't be all alone. Being alone sucks."


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"Sure," Jerrica says. "If we run into my friends though...don't be offended if I leave, okay? We better check out those trumpets before I get a headache."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She nods again as she holds her head, "Yeah...mine's already throbbing, and don't worry. If you find your friends, I'll be happy for you okay?" She says as she tugs on the hood of her cloak a little nervously while they make their way to the sound of the trumpets.


As you approach the sound of the trumpets, you see eight tin soldiers, four to a column, holding them aloft, lowering them with mechanical precision. In between both columns, you see a young girl dressed in a pink ballgown and a silver tiara. She smiles at the gathered folk, but you can feel an aura of menace coming from her. "Let's wait a couple more minutes for the rest of the group to join us."

Her voice is saccharine and sinister. "Feel free to talk amongst yourselves while we wait."


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"She creeps me out," Jerrica whispers to Sigrdrífa and Frostine. "Oh, my name is Jerrica, by the way. Jerrica DeLamis."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She shrinks back a bit from the voice, it reminded her of her too much of her mother's...right before she'd start getting all shrill and yelling at Frostine for something "wrong" she had done. Shaking her head to try and clear her thoughts she tries to focus on the present, "Yeah....I'm not sure I'm liking this very much....at all. I'm sorry....I'm Frostine....just Frostine."


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica chuckles. "Nice to meet you, 'just Frostine'."


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

"Sigrdrífa Helmsdottir, and yes there is something......sinister about the girl." Sig whispers back.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She blushes, "I uhhh...I just meant I don't have a last name...not really."

She looks at Sig, "Ya know....I'm wonderin' if that little scary person up there could be the one responsible for bringing us here? Why would someone just bring small groups of people from all over though? It just doesn't make any sense...." She says as she tries to figure out the girls possible motives.


The rest of the people who awoke with you approach the area. The little girl smiles once more. "Now that we are all here, I'll tell you why you are here. My name is Princess Angeliqué Von Strauss and I have brought you here to play a game for my amusement. You have all caught my interest at one point or another. This is the Land of Candy and, to win this game, you must slay the Licorice Lich. Your prize shall be your freedom."

Her eyes narrow as if she sense some ill-will from the crowd. "The rules are simple: take the road out of town to the Licorice Lich's lair and defeat him. You will face many opponents, not to mention those around you because there can only be one winning group. You needn't fear death because, if you fall in battle, you will be brought right back here to start again. For those of you without a healer, a healing faerie will be provided, but do exercise some caution as their power isn't limitless."

You see a bright yellow faerie flutter around you. "Hi, I'm Gumdrop, I'll be your healing faerie for your adventure."

Angeliqué continues. "I'm aware some of you have items that give you an advantage over others, but that's something that will have to be overcome. The challenges will be appropriate to your groups. I heartily recommend not traveling alone."

She turns to leave, her tin soldiers guarding her. "One last thing: your money is worthless here, so what you have is all you get. But, as you can plainly see, food will not be a problem. I hope you enjoy candy."

Angeliqué and her retinue disappear into thin air and grumbling starts among the gathered adventurers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"And that is my quota for weird today," Jerrica remarks, glancing at the faerie flying around them.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Having that question answered at least she says, "Well...I guess that's that. She seems like a super pleasant sort of person. So...not only are we expected to fight this Lich thing...but we're expected to fight the others that were brought here just as unaware of things as we were? Why does that come off just sounding plain crazy to me?"


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"Probably because that little girl is crazy," Jerrica says, pointing out the obvious.


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

"Yes she is." Sigrdrífa mutters looking in the direction of the girl. "She has enough power to rip people from wherever they were and pit us all against each other and this 'Liquorice Lich' purely for her amusement."

"She may look like a little girl but she is dangerous."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She nods, "Well...we'll do whatever we have to do and get through this. I'll practice honing my abilities and maybe, if I get good enough at it I can turn her to a block of ice and then we won't have to worry about her crazy ass anymore." She says as her hands turn to fists at her sides.


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

Laughing Sigrdrífa claps a hand on Frostine's shoulder. "That's one way to do it." Looking around the warrior-songstress notes the groups of people sizing each other up. "Well considering she's basically just made us all at odds with the others we should probaly get moving off on our own."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She nods and checking to make sure she still has her things with her she turns and starts heading down the road, "Hopefully I won't have to give too many people frostbite before they decide to leave us alone. I think we should ignore them unless someone gets in our face, then we'll just smack em' around and tell em' to go away."


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica nods. "Let's move before they get an idea or two."


Quickly putting distance between you and the others, you set out on a rainbow colored road. The trees on the side of the road hang heavy with sugary sweets that you would be pressed to name. Before long, you come to a fork in the road. A gingerbread sign indicates the Fudge Swamp is along the right path while the Whipped Mountains are to the left.


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"And we don't have a map," Jerrica sighs.


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

"Honestly I'm starting to think the biggest danger around here is a stomachache." Sig says shaking her head. "So mointains and who knows what or trudging through chocolate?"


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

"We could get stuck in either one..."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She giggles, "Stuck...." She gets herself under control, "While we may be in a bit of a sticky situation, I've never really been fond of swamps....wanna go through the mountains? I got five days of rations...so some regular food there for a little bit at least."


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

"True, besides I'm not too sure I'd want to find out what lives in a chocolate swamp. Mountains it is."


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

She nods and gives Sig a smile as she turns in the direction of the mountains.


You ascend into the mountains, using the colorful road as your guide. You hear screeching from nearby.

GM Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica looks around, her hand on her rapier.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Upon hearing the noise, Frostine looks around as well for the source.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Frostine is so fascinated by the colorful road that she notices nothing else.


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

Taking her axe form it's place on her back, Sig looks around warily.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Taking her cue from Sig, Frostine pulls out her crossbow.


You are taken by surprise as a cream-colored creature leaps in front of you. Actually, the entire creature seems to be made of solid cream, but the talons on the end of its hands seem to be a bit sharper. The creature slashes at Frostine, but misses.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Initiative:

Sig: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Frostine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Jerrica: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dire Corby: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

The creature attacks, dividing its blows between Frostine and Jerrica.

Vs. Frostine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Vs. Jerrica: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Round 1: Dire Corby, Jerrica, Frostine, Sig


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica steps to the creature's side and strikes with her rapiers.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18; Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

She manages to hit the creature once with a solid strike.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Taking a five foot step back.

Taking a step back she levels the crossbow at the strange looking creature and fires.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


♀ Human Skald 4: HP 22/26: AC 19 Touch 12 FF 17 : Fort: +6 (+7 vs cold effects/ +10 vs cold environment) Reflex:+3 Will:+4 (+8 saving throws made against bardic performance/ sonic or language-dependent effects.) Cold Resistance: 2

Moving to the other side of the weird creature, Sigrdrífa wildly, her attack missing.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Jerrica now flanking


The birdlike creature attacks Jerrica and Sig now.

Vs. Jerrica: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Vs. Sig: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 1: Dire Corby, Jerrica, Frostine, Sig

GM Notes:
DC hp: 8


Female Human Rogue (Unchained) 4; HP: 14/27; AC: 18, FF: 13, T: 15; F: +2, R: +8, W: +2; Init: +4; Perception: +8

Jerrica tries to shrug off the pain from the attack. "Well, they hurt like real things."

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12

But the pain causes her to lose her focus.


F Human Sorcerer [Boreal (Rime-Blooded)]4; HP: 21/21; AC: 13, FF: 10, T: 12; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6; Perception +5; Init: +2

Frostine reaches out her hand and directs a ray of frost at the creature.

"Why don't you cool off for a minute?"

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Chill Out!: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

1 to 50 of 8,345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bored Games (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.