To face a God of iron.

Game Master DBH

When the alien fire that gives it it's name goes out and the disappearance of a local leader, the town of Torch calls for heroes to save the town and end their peril.

Iron gods folder

Loot

Found devices

Scrapwall

New tech

Entrance

Hellions domain Lvl3

Hellions lair

Heliion's final form


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,295 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

And then there is the whole Cut Off You Lips" thing. So not doing that.


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

"Yea... I don't think you would look good like that."

She gives Olimpia a little wink.

"Plus it has to to be hard to drink. What keeps the liquid in?"


Are you sure you want to do that?

As Olimpia searches the room, and Raktar moves to the south door, it slams open and a female Hobgoblin casts at the party.

Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 6, 3, 5) = 28 Lightning bolt, fairly easy to work out what the spell was.

Raktar, Roga, Valeria & Dilana DC15 Reflex saves for half damage please.

Oddly enough all the guns being fired alerted her to your presence.

Once her spell has gone off Zombies lurch out of the room to attack the party.

The party may now act.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The door crashes open and only Raktar's reflexes save him from getting caught in the middle of the bolt of lightning that flashes out of the door. Sparks dance across his armour from the edge of the bolt, painfully contracting his muscles, but he quickly regains control as a horde of zombies spew from the doorway. Raktar leads with his hammer, trying to get to the spellcaster.

Standard Action to attack green, then 5ft step to let others attack.

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 10 = 17


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

With her back turned to the door Dilana is not quite fast enough to avoid the brunt of the lightning attack. Barely on her feet she take a step to the side and call upon her magic to heal herself.

Cure Moderate: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

Figgy having the right item in hand drops the accelerant into his unstable mixture and lobs it at the most rear zombiePurple

Bombs away vs touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 93d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 4 = 13

If hit, the zombies in 5' around it take 7 dmg, if I missed and those in the splash area can ref save for DC 17 for half of 7

"Think those are towns folk?" Figgy asks with a bit of a grimmce


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

pulling her sword as she moves Olympia move up and readies to strike a zombie should it step into the room. She Swift Action Further enchants her blade.


Female Human (Kellid) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 5
Spoiler:
[HP: 42/42]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 15]; [BAB: +5; CMB: +6; CMD: 21]; [Saves: Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +9; Will: +4]; [Initiative: +10]; [Perception: +15]
Grit: 2/3 Battery: 8/10

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Valeria avoids the main blast of the lightning bolt but just being that close burns her skin as it passes. She turns to face this new threat as more undead come shuffling through the now open door. Leveling her pistol she shoots at the zombie in blue.
Attack roll (ranged touch, PBS, deadly aim: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 25
Damage (PBS, deadly aim): 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 16


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga was caught off guard and could not avoid the burn marks from the electricity.

With his hair standing on end, he stepped forth and brought down his heavy sword on the first zombie in line.

------------
reflex save DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, fail

greatsword to hit, power attack, rage: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 27
damage: 2d6 + 5 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 + 6 + 2 = 17

stats:

HP 28+6/58
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17
Conditions:
Melee (+1 greatsword): +9 = +1 magic +5 (base) +3 (STR)
Melee Damage (+1 greatsword): 2d6+5, 19-20
-2 to hit, +6 damage for power attack
Ranged (MW double barreled pistol): +8 = +1 MW +5 (base) +2 (DEX)
Ranged damage (MW pistol): 1d8, x4, 20' (touch AC in 1st range)
Rage adds +2 to hit/damage
7/10 rage


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Olimpai shoots Roga a questioning look as he spoils her chance to attack and sneak attack. Let them in Roga so more than you can get to them.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Once the initial surprise is gone the party responds quickly and effectively.

Raktar smashes one to pulp.
Valeria blows another's rotting brains out.
Roga steps up and cuts one at the door to pieces.
Figgy lobs a bomb into the room and sets the last Zombie on fire.

Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 5 It takes all 7 splash damage.

Marrow casts desperately at Roga, who is getting closer that she prefers.

Will save (Roga): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Roga is now paralyzed in the doorway.

spellcraft DC17:

Hold Person.

What are you doing now?

Roga, you can roll will again to escape, it is a full round action.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Seeing Roga frozen in the doorway, Raktar realises that the spellcaster is still active. Keen to shut her down he nudges the immobile warrior aside so that he can squeeze into the room. Unconcerned with the remaining zombie he ignores it, trusting in his armour to protect him as he heads for the mage at the back. "That's enough from you," he says as he brings his hammer down on her.

Move Action to move past Roga and the zombie, which can have an AoO if it likes. Standard Action to attack Marrow.

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) + 10 = 26


Are you sure you want to do that?

Zombie AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ignoring the raking fingers of the undead Raktar stalks into the room and slams his heavy weapon into Marrow with a satisfying crunch.


Female Human (Kellid) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 5
Spoiler:
[HP: 42/42]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 15]; [BAB: +5; CMB: +6; CMD: 21]; [Saves: Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +9; Will: +4]; [Initiative: +10]; [Perception: +15]
Grit: 2/3 Battery: 8/10

Valeria move into the room past the grasping hands of the zombie and steps to the corner, out of the way of the others. Once in position she fires a shot at the hobgoblin.
Attack roll (ranged touch, PBS, deadly aim): 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 21
Damage (PBS, deadly aim): 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 4 = 10


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

Dilana slides forward to where she can get a look at Marrow and casts one of her newer spells.

As the last word escapes her lips she brings her hands up quickly above her head. At the same time Air Geyser attempts to slam Marrow into the ceiling and then drop her to the floor.

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 Reflex DC16 for half damage and not thrown up in the air.
Upward Damage if 10ft ceiling: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Downward Damage if 10ft ceiling: 1d6 ⇒ 3
w/o save she lands prone

Air Geyser:

You create a powerful blast of air capable of flinging an opponent upward. If the target fails its Reflex save, the force of the air deals 2d6 points of bludgeoning damage and hurls the target upward a number of feet equal to 5 × your caster level. If a solid object (such as a ceiling) is encountered, the target strikes the object in the same manner as it would during a normal fall. After this blast of air ceases, the target falls down (unless it was flying), taking falling damage as normal. A successful save means the target takes half damage from the air blast but is not moved by it.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Where is Roga? I don't see him on the map any more. Was thinking about grabbing and pulling him back as he is currently helpless. Also not sure there is any way, short of tumbling through, to get past the zombie in the doorway without killing it.


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

"She froze his body, I cannot duplicate that spell with my alchemy, they would have to drink and it I don't know if I can get someone to do that."


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

He's still on the map as far as I can see, standing directly in front of the door. The zombie I can see isn't in the doorway, so Valeria and I just walked round it.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Hmm. I maybe have a corrupted map. Same map reloads. Let me quit browser and restart.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

So I did indeed have a bad map. Sorry for my confusion. Restarting the browser let me reload it.

Pulling her second blade as she moves Olimpia tumbles to flank with Raktar and attacks the undead close to Roga.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Might not be necessary if AOO has already been used.

+2 wakizashi: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 291d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (6, 4) = 19


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga struggled against the invisible bonds. He managed to grit his teeth together in a show of exertion.

-----------------
full round will save, not sure if raging counts, if so then add +2 to saving throw below

will save DC ?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

stats:

HP 28+6/58
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17
Conditions:
Melee (+1 greatsword): +9 = +1 magic +5 (base) +3 (STR)
Melee Damage (+1 greatsword): 2d6+5, 19-20
-2 to hit, +6 damage for power attack
Ranged (MW double barreled pistol): +8 = +1 MW +5 (base) +2 (DEX)
Ranged damage (MW pistol): 1d8, x4, 20' (touch AC in 1st range)
Rage adds +2 to hit/damage
6/10 rage


Are you sure you want to do that?

Reflex save Marrow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Valeria moves into the room and sends pieces of Marrow flying with another accurate shot.

Olimpia slips into the room and removes the last Zombie with a precise strike.

Roga throws off the spell and can move again.

Marrow shrieks in shock as she is flung into the air by Dilana's spell, slamming into the ceiling then landing on her face on the floor.

She is prone.

Marrow casts while prone and tries to touch Raktar
Cast defensively: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

She fails and Raktar gets an AOO on her.

The party may now go, Raktar's AOO counts as first action, then everyone elses.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

The now prone woman reaches out to touch Raktar who steps away from her and uses the opening to bring his hammer down on her.

GM - failing her concentration check doesn't provoke an AoO, she just loses the spell. I'll roll the AoO anyway just in case it's for some other reason.

AoO vs prone: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) + 10 = 22

If she's still alive after that I'll attack her for non-lethal damage so we can question her. If not, I'll try and stabilise her so we can question her.

Hammer attack for non-lethal vs prone: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20
Non-lethal damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) + 10 = 22


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga shook the last of the biding magic off him and stepped towards Raktar.

He raised his blade to attack but saw that things were under control and started looking around for other possible surprises and tending to his own considerable wounds.

He started looking for the witch-girl and for the healing stick to hand to her...

------------
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

stats:

HP 28/58
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17
Conditions:
Melee (+1 greatsword): +9 = +1 magic +5 (base) +3 (STR)
Melee Damage (+1 greatsword): 2d6+5, 19-20
-2 to hit, +6 damage for power attack
Ranged (MW double barreled pistol): +8 = +1 MW +5 (base) +2 (DEX)
Ranged damage (MW pistol): 1d8, x4, 20' (touch AC in 1st range)
Rage adds +2 to hit/damage
6/10 rage


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

Witch girl Roga? After we have shared so much. :)

Seeing their primary attacker tossed about like a rag doll Dilana smiles and advances into the room.

"Teach you to eat people now wont it. Now how about some
ကံမကောင်း."

Smiling she brings tries to make the noxious beings luck even worse.

Misfortune DC15 - One round


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

Figgy and Springy head into the room as well, standing in the doorway.

"That other room had a door out as well, should we leave them maybe behind us?"

Figgy looks back into the room they just left, seeing that the woman here is taken care of.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Olimpia vaults onto the table and looms over the caster, blade ready to strike.

Acrobatics to jump on the table: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Readied Action:

+2 wakizashi: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 = 321d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Confirm: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 281d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Are you sure you want to do that?

Everything falls quiet again as Raktar puts Marrow to sleep with a Merciful blow of his earthbreaker.

It's odd, reading up on casting defensively it says it is to avoid a AOO, so if you fail doesn't take mean you provoke?

Loot
Marrow
Potions of cure moderate wounds (2),
Wand of ray of enfeeblement (34 charges),
Wand of ray of exhaustion (18 charges),
Wand of scorching ray (16 charges),
Gas grenades (2),
Soothe (4 doses),
Cloak of resistance +1,
48gp

In the room
Marrow keeps the Smilers' stash of weapons and loot here in a large metal cabinet. Within are:
Batteries (7),
22 silverdisks,
A pouch of 12 fire opals worth 100 gp each,
Three large garnets worth 300 gp each,
a case of 4 vials of soothe,
3 gas grenades,
2 scrolls of animate dead,
A scroll of command undead,
A scroll of technomancy.

In addition, a suit of studded leather, a short sword, and a +1 light crossbow with 10 bolts) can be found stacked on a table near the door.

Marrow is unconscious, not dead.

What are you doing now?


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

When you cast a spell within a threatened area you can either cast normally, take the AoO, and make a concentration check with DC 10+ spell level+ damage dealt (which will probably be quite a lot compared to the caster's level), or you can cast defensively making a concentration check at DC 15 + twice spell level. If you pass either check you get to cast the spell, but if you fail you lose the spell. It's just a matter of whether you think you can weather the AoO or not - you might choose not to cast defensively if you think the AoO will miss, say if you've got a lot of mirror images or if you've got a high AC. Casting defensively doesn't provoke an AoO, but it comes with the risk that your spell fizzles.

Raktar finds himself breathing heavily as the spellcaster slumps to the floor unconscious. "We should see if we can rouse her, ask her some questions about what else the Smilers have waiting for us," he says, rubbing at the fresh burns on his scarred arm. "I could do with having these looked at too," he says, knowing from experience the pain of slowly healing burns.


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

Dilana clasps her hands and sequels a little at the plethora of wands. She also glances at the scrolls but just shrugs.

"Ohhhh those would be useful I am sure. Well some more then others but I am sure we can get them to work."

If no one objects she will certainly want the Wand of Ray of Enfeeblement. The other two would need UMD checks for her so less appealing.

Once Raktar talks of rousing her she makes a face but stays silent as she doesn't know how she feels about Marrow not being dead and instead pulls out the wand of CLW and starts healing some of her companions wounds.

CLW @ Roga: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW @ Roga: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW @ Roga: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

CLW @ Raktar: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW @ Raktar: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW @ Raktar: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

I can use all the wands, but none of the scrolls. Olimpia announces. Since Dilana can use that first one I'll hold onto the other two. The wand of scorching ray is particularly nice as I can sneak attack with it.

Looking at the caster Olimpia asks So, what do we do with her?


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

Figgy looks through all the gathered items, picking up another gas grenade.

"How do we carry all this out? I mean after we clear out the smilers? and find more of their technology." Figgy's smile is rather large.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga looked like a sick puppy as the witch-girl did away with wounds that would days to heal normally. He wasn't even sure the technology they found so far would work as well.

There was still a nasty gash in his thigh when Dilana was done so he handed her the wand he had bought so she could finish the job.

He looked at the loot but patted his big sword that had served him so well in the past. He stoically said, "Not interested unless you think it would benefit us for me to carry any of the loot found."

-----------------
Dilana, I'm assuming the three charges were from your wand so I did not discount them but let me know otherwise.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

stats:

HP 56/58
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17
Conditions:
Melee (+1 greatsword): +9 = +1 magic +5 (base) +3 (STR)
Melee Damage (+1 greatsword): 2d6+5, 19-20
-2 to hit, +6 damage for power attack
Ranged (MW double barreled pistol): +8 = +1 MW +5 (base) +2 (DEX)
Ranged damage (MW pistol): 1d8, x4, 20' (touch AC in 1st range)
Rage adds +2 to hit/damage
6/10 rage


Are you sure you want to do that?

If taken alive, Marrow is a font of information about Scrapwall. With her gang defeated and her power broken, she sees no point in resisting you
any longer and gives you any information you ask for, listlessly.

Her only request is that you destroy her body completely when they're done with her so that no one brings her back as a hideous mockery of her living self, as she was so fond of doing to others.

Marrow can inform you about the Lords of Rust, can point out the secret escape tunnel from area H5, and can warn them of "alien undead" lurking in the easternmost portion of Scrapwall.

She's tried to command these undead before to learn their secrets-she suspects they were once members of the crew of the ship that crashed here so long ago-but her one attempt to do so nearly cost her her life. She has not returned to the haunted gorge since then.

==========================

The last unexplored room.

H4
Well over a dozen large glass tanks sit against the walls of this oval-shaped chamber. The tanks themselves are semiopaque with condensation,
grit, and filth, but several of them seem to contain some sort of figure within . Each tank has a metal- rimmed door on its front allowing the contents t o be accessed, and one tank to the north has been wrapped with several coils of rope.

The glass tanks contain Marrows twisted experiments, lobotomized Smilers who displeased her.

Basically living Zombies, attack mindlessly. You wipe them out easily.

The tank bound with ropes however holds a living Ratman. This is Whiskfiss Redtooth's missing brother. Once he is freed and his snout unbound he is very grateful, and asks hopefully to be taken back to the Warrens where the Raiders lair.

The studded leather, shortsword and +1 crossbow are Whiskfiss's gear.

What are you doing now? The Smilers are destroyed, only Marrow is left.


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

"Did they plan to make you into one of these things? I think it is good these people are all dead."

Of course Dilana will want to help get him back home and give him his gear.

If Marrow is still alive she will shudder and look at Olimpia. "We should kill her don't you think."


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

"Thanks for that Dilana," Raktar says as his burns begin to fade and his pain melts away.

"We'd better get you back to your sister," he adds as Dilana hands Whiskfiss back his gear. "Did you see or hear much while the Smilers had you? Did they mention Hellion or the Lords of Rust at all?" he asks, hoping that Whiskfiss might have overheard something useful.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

With little remorse Olimpia does what is needed with Marrow. Such as she cannot be allowed to continue in this world. she says after granting the warped woman her last request. Olimpia is also in favor of returning the ratman's belongings and seeing him home. She notes This base would due for a place to operate if we wished it, but prehaps we are are better off back with the cleric.


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

Figgy moves up to the metal tanks, admiring them and their content although not the contents as much. Upon freeing the Rat man Figgy will help him stand and get reoriented to what is going on.

"Your sister sent us to find you, you appear well do you need anything?" Figgy rummages through his pack of items. Figgy does not take part in the demise of Marrow, allowing those who are better suited to such things to take care of it.

K. Engi: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 Figgy checks out the machines in this room.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Figgy, no tech worth anything, the module has been unpowered for thousands of years, and populated by idiots. :)

Redtooth's Raiders are overjoyed to see Whiskfiss is alive and has been returned to them. Redtooth herself embraces her brother with great delight, then cuffs him around the ears for getting caught.

Whiskfiss is responsible for the Raiders greatest defense. He trains the Rust monsters they use to attack enemies. With him gone the Rust monsters were getting restless and uncontrollable.

The Promised reward is handed over to you gladly.

5 batteries (6, 8, 3, 10, 6 charges)
2 nanite canisters
A flare gun,
2 arc grenades (5d6 electric)
A flechette grenade (5d6 piercing)
2 zero grenades (5d6 cold)
A wand of cure moderate wounds (18 charges)
A trauma pack plus.

A Arc pistol
A suit of smart armor.
A Gravity clip.

What are you taking for yourselves, and what are you doing now?

All these items are not time worn.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar is pleased to see Whiskfiss and Redtooth reunited, their joy a bright point of hope in this grim and unforgiving town. He thanks Redtooth for her generosity as their reward is presented to them, and his eye is immediately caught by a suit of scaled armour. He picks it up and looks it over. "This looks magnificent. Of all the tech wonders we've come across..."

As you can tell, I'd really like that smart armour and a couple of batteries to go with it.


Status: Mage Armor | Witch 7 | HP 46/46 | AC 13 (17 Mage Armor) | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC17), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 17), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 34/34 (CL1) | Ray of exhaustion 18/18 (CL5)

That is some very cool armor.

"We are glad to help your brother get home and that he will help you defend yourselves."

Dilana looks at the resards they we given but just shrugs.

I already have the CLW wands so nothing I want to grab from the pile.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

That armor would look sooo good on you Raktar. Try it on. Olympia encourages. I say you need to clim that gravity clip to your big hammer too. And either you or Dilana should carry the cure mod wand. Keep the batteries and finite canisters. Give the grants to Figgy.

Gravity Clip works like Lead Blades - for Olimpai it changes a d6 to a d8, so not much of a bid deal. BUT for Raktar his earth breaker goes from 2d6 to 3d6, which is much better. Trauma Pack Plus can act like a Breath of Life. That means someone near melee should carry it as it can only save someone for a round after they go down. Action economy means a move action to get it out and a standard to use it so you better be close. Also if you have a good heal skill it has a chance of doing more healing. Raktar and Figgy have the best heal skills...


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 16/20 (Tch 10, Fl 16/20) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +6 (+4 vs disease), R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 3/4 | Armour charges: 56/60 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

I think we'd previously discussed Roga having the gravity clip - his greatsword does the same damage as my earthbreaker, but I can cast lead blades which doesn't stack with the gravity clip. And I'm already carrying a trauma pack plus - I'm sure we were given one earlier, unless it's this one and I added it prematurely.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 23 | T 18 | F 16 | F +7/ R +12/ W+6, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +13/16 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Right. I think its the same one. Some of that stuff was an advance. The rest was a reward. Olympia will gladly take the clip.


Female Human (Kellid) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 5
Spoiler:
[HP: 42/42]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 15]; [BAB: +5; CMB: +6; CMD: 21]; [Saves: Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +9; Will: +4]; [Initiative: +10]; [Perception: +15]
Grit: 2/3 Battery: 8/10

While I wouldn't mind the Arc Pistol, as it would give me a little more breathing room between myself and combat it begs the question whether I would have to retrain my pistol specific feats to the Arc Pistol or would the fact that they're "pistol" related be enough?


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

Figgy happily takes whatever is handed to him, stuffing the grenades into his pack with the others, the extra dimensional spaces on his pack holding them safe from blowing him up.

"So what are we going to do now? There was talk of some other undead but from the ship that Marrow woman thought. We could check them out."


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|
Raktar Garnok wrote:
I think we'd previously discussed Roga having the gravity clip - his greatsword does the same damage as my earthbreaker, but I can cast lead blades which doesn't stack with the gravity clip. And I'm already carrying a trauma pack plus - I'm sure we were given one earlier, unless it's this one and I added it prematurely.

Yeah, I'll take it if everyone's OK with it. It will do more good on a 2H weapon.

Roga looked at the little disc, "So this thing just attaches to my sword and it strikes as if it where heavier but it's not heavier? Huh?"

-------------
How many charges does this have? Is it rechargeable?


Are you sure you want to do that?

Answers in the discussion thread.


Are you sure you want to do that?

You've rested and recovered. Divided up the promised technological items.

What are you doing now?

The list of who is where in Scrapwall is on page 10 of the discussion thread.


HP 40 l AC 16 (T 13, FF14) l F +7 R +7 W +2 l ini +2 Prec +10

"I think we head west, there is the big thing that looks like a plate or something, those "Alien undead" and that Hellion guy who killed all his people. They all seem to like the east, I wonder why." Figgy looks for a map to look over with Springy to figure out why.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,295 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To face a God of iron. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.