Thron's Rise of the Runelords Campaign

Game Master Thron

RotR Roll20 Campaign Link


6,351 to 6,400 of 7,186 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Olympus lets go of the golem (if it grappled it earlier) and attacks it with beak and claw.

Talon, flank, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 + 6 = 21

Talon, flank, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 + 6 = 24

Talon, flank, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 + 6 = 22

Bite, flank, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 23
Damage: 3d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) + 8 + 6 = 25

Grab: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39

Rilee stays ready to interrupt the golems' attacks upon her friends if necessary.


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

Zoli continues to carve into the golem with her adamantine blade.

______________

Adamantine Scimitar+good hope+luck+flanking: 1d20 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 39
Damage+good hope+luck: 1d4 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 = 39
Adamantine Scimitar+good hope+luck+flanking: 1d20 + 25 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 25 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 38
Damage+good hope+luck: 1d4 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 = 39
Adamantine Scimitar+good hope+luck+flanking: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 35
Damage+good hope+luck: 1d4 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 = 38

If attacked:
parry-size: 1d20 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 46
riposte: 1d20 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 30 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 49
Damage+good hope+luck: 1d4 + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 + 2 + 13 = 39

Tracking:

AC 41
HP 121/121
Luck 16/20
Panache 5/5
Charmed Life 5/5
Luck o’ the Scene 1/1
Lessons of Chaldira 1/1
False Life 1/1

Lion's HP 60/60

Active effects
Luck: +2 to Luck bonus to attack, damage, saves, and all skills
Communal Air Walk
Freedom of Movement
Shield of Faith
Good Hope


THP: 11, HP: 136/136; Resevoir 13/17 Current Buffs: arcane sight, mage armor, defending bone, life bubble, overland flight, see invis., false life, fey form III
Stats:
AC 23, T 17, FF 20; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +16; CMD 25; Perception +17

Eugeni flies to the other side of Ryli. He flings a glittery spell at the golem fighting Jeevika, hoping to give her an edge.

Move in a bit.
Cast glitterdust on the spot marked behind the golem. Using an arcane point to up the DC to 23 - 23 Will or blind for 14 rounds.


Zoli finishes off the golem near her, while the second one flails blindly at Jeevika!
__________
Blue Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Blue Slam 1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
Blue Slam 2: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

Having carved one golem to rubble, Zoli calls out "Coming your way, Jeeves!" and then the Lil' Highlady hustles over toward the last golem standing.

"Hey Rocks-for-Brains! I'm over here!" she taunts, hoping to attract its attention.

Double Move. Dropping luck for now. Ready to parry if attacked.

If attacked:
parry-size: 1d20 + 30 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 30 + 2 - 4 = 37
riposte: 1d20 + 30 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 30 + 2 = 41
Damage+good hope: 1d4 + 18 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 + 13 = 35

Tracking:

AC 41
HP 121/121
Luck 16/20
Panache 5/5
Charmed Life 5/5
Luck o’ the Scene 1/1
Lessons of Chaldira 1/1
False Life 1/1

Lion's HP 60/60

Active effects
Communal Air Walk
Freedom of Movement
Shield of Faith
Good Hope


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Jeevika continues to rapidly chop away at her blinded foe.

Adamantine Falcata (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 17 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 = 37
Damage (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 = 25 plus If Evil - Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Adamantine Falcata (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 = 27
Damage (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 = 27 plus If Evil - Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Adamantine Falcata (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 4 = 26
Damage (GMW, GH, Bull's Strength, DF, PA): 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 8 = 29 plus If Evil - Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Rocks-for-Brains also takes a -2 penalty to AC for being blinded.


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli whistles once to recall Olympus to her and has him take up a defensive stance. She stays ready to intervene against the final golem, but expects Jeevika and Zoli have it well in hand.

She keeps part of her attention focused on her echolocation, prepared to react if anything comes within range of her blindsense.


Jeevika brings the other golem down in a thunderous clatter! Once the dust settles, still more heavy steps can be heard approaching from the hall towards the fountain containing the water mephits.


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Jeevika tentatively steps around the corner and sees the approaching golem.

"He's just reached the mephit room," the elf announces as she continues to advance forward.

Double move.


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

"Another one? He doesn't by any chance have a sloth on his shoulder, does he? If not, let's chop him up quickly too, and get back to searching for Lion!"

Zoli runs up and stops beside Jeevika.


Yeah, going to fast forward the last one. Y’all have been quite efficient.

Zoli and Jeevika manage to cut down the last golem without being harmed! The water mephits provide luxe commentary the whole time as they watch from their fountain. The moment the golem crumbles away, the green mist in the exit hall dissipates!

Zoli and Jeevika: A man in dark robes appears, almost as if from nowhere, in the fountain. He holds a staff in one hand, and is soaked from head to toe. He looks around in a panic, gasping for breath as if he was expecting to suffocate any moment.

Eugeni and Ryli: A woman in a grey dress suddenly appears, almost as if from nowhere, in the fountain. Water cascades down from her drenched dark hair, and she looks around panicked. She locks eyes on the monstrosity, roc, and centaur in the room with her and scrambles away, terrified.

Zoli: you can sense Lion again! He is very much frightened.


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Jeevika takes a tentative step forward, albeit with her guard up just in case a second round of combat ensues.

"...Are you alright, sir?" Jeevika asks carefully first in Common, next Thassilonian, and then every other language she knows.

Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Auran, Catfolk, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Ignan, Infernal, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian.


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli whistles a short staccato and Olympus folds his wings and looks as tame and nonthreatening as he can.

She then takes a couple steps forward, holding her hands out in a soothing gesture.

"Hello, miss? Please, don't be frightened. Could you tell us your name?" she starts in Thassilonian.


THP: 11, HP: 136/136; Resevoir 13/17 Current Buffs: arcane sight, mage armor, defending bone, life bubble, overland flight, see invis., false life, fey form III
Stats:
AC 23, T 17, FF 20; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +16; CMD 25; Perception +17

Eugeni casts detect magic and begins to focus on the newcomer.

After three rounds I'll spellcraft.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 26 + 2 = 40 +whatever the TTW bonus is, I forget offhand and can't look it up right now.


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

Zoli cocks her head and smiles at the fellow. She stands ready to step in with Halfling, Shoanti, or Varisian if need be.

Diplomacy+tears: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 5 = 27


Zoli/Jeevika: The man looks at you confused, but once you speak Thassilonian his eyes show a light of recognition. He responds in kind, ”I...I am now. But...you...who are you?” he asks as he stands and steps from the fountain.

The pair of you also hear some angry sounding talk in an unknown language from the path to the south, as well as the sound of metal walking on stone coming your way.
__________

Eugeni/Ryli: The woman looks at you quizzically, Ryli, before cautiously taking your hand and getting to her feet. ”S...Soldara. Who,” she looks concernedly at Eugeni, ”or what...are you, and how are you in the Runeforge?”


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Tears only applies to Wisdom and Intelligence based skill checks. You'd still get a +2 from Good Hope.

Jeevika's large ears twitch upon hearing the sound of metal-on-stone approaching.

I wonder if that is the resident wizard or just another goon...

"My name is Jeevika; I'm an ambassador from Kyonin, the currently most prominent Elven nation on Golarion," Jeevika explains hastily while also trying to give the man enough information to start building trust. "Perhaps we should relocate? We have no quarrel with you, but I cannot say the same about the approaching angry individual."

Diplomacy (GH): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 2 = 27

If the man agrees, Jeevika leads him (and presumably Zoli) back to the other Rangers.

"Please do not mind the roc, centaur, or... tusked individual; they are allies."


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30
DM Thron wrote:


Eugeni/Ryli: The woman looks at you quizzically, Ryli, before cautiously taking your hand and getting to her feet. ”S...Soldara. Who,” she looks concernedly at Eugeni, ”or what...are you, and how are you in the Runeforge?”

"Hello, Soldara. My name is Ryli, and I am a Mawari centaur. I arrived here to the Runeforge in an earlier life; therefore the 'how' is a little fuzzy. There was something about a dragon..?" she looks to Eugeni for confirmation.

"Anyway, why is it that you've just appeared in the middle of this fountain?"


Jeevika/Zoli: ”Ah, Kyonin still stands then? Earthfall proves the tenacity and longevity of elves once more. And who is this? Your slave? You clearly trust this half-folk a good deal, arming it as you have.” He turns his head toward the muttering voice approaching, and steps behind the two well armed ladies.

It is then that the source of the voice reveals itself. A rather soggy, waterlogged dwarf in full platemail turns the corner. He grumbles something to himself when he sees the strange ensemble, he adds, ”By Taargick’s Beard, spend an untold age gulpin’ at water, an’ tha first thing I see is a point ear an’ a halflin’.”
__________

Ryli/Eugeni: ”I’ve never heard of the Mawari. And an earlier life? That sounds quite interesting,” she says with a charming smile. ”And tell me, what of your quiet...beast...friend? Is he what has become of the race of men since Earthfall?”


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli looks over at Eugeni, a sharp pang of barely-remembered guilt striking her heart. She frowns. "Oh, no. Men are, well, still men, I suppose. Certainly not tusked like he is. I'll let him explain what happened to cause his current appearance, since my memories are hazy."

Hearing voices, but not combat, thankfully, she glances over her shoulder down the hallway. "It seems that these halls have become somewhat crowded. Why do you suppose that is, you think? Why are you here in the Runeforge?"


Ryli/Eugeni:

Soldara sighs with relief, ”Good, good. I shuddered to think what it would like to be...intimate...with such a creature. No offense,” she adds with a wink. She looks back to Ryli, ”I...I was appointed by Lady Sorshen herself to attend to her interests in Runeforge. One night, while the Highlady was...entertaining herself with her consort Delvahine, I slipped away to try and complete my...ensnarement...” she says with a sly smile, ”of on of the Greedlords. However, as I entered the green cloud, well, the last thing I recall of any rationality was a feeling of suffocation...”

She then casts a wary eye your way, ”And what of you? Which Runelord has granted your entry to these halls?”


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli exchanges a look with Eugeni, then looks back to Soldara.

"I told you, I came to life within these halls. Interestingly enough, within the rooms of Lust. It has given me a... unique appreciation for carnal delights."

She lets a sly, seductive smile grow on her lips. She takes a couple steps toward her, tail swishing back and forth. "You're one of Lady Sorshen's, then? I would most like to experience what you could show me."


THP: 11, HP: 136/136; Resevoir 13/17 Current Buffs: arcane sight, mage armor, defending bone, life bubble, overland flight, see invis., false life, fey form III
Stats:
AC 23, T 17, FF 20; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +16; CMD 25; Perception +17

Waiting for results of my detect magic and skill check before saying anything.


She has an assortment of magic equipment on her person, but other than that, radiates no auras.


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

"Kyonin indeed still stands. We're still recovering, but we are recovering; recent years have been kind to us," Jeevika confirms with a smile.

Even if it is happening in Elf time, Kyonin appears to be on the rise and changing for the better; the current Queen of Kyonin runs a tight ship. For example, her establishment of Greengold has basically minted gold pieces.

"Oh, this is Zoli. She is a friend of my family and a very free soul," Jeevika corrects politely. "Might I ask who you are-?"

Based on my research, the Kyoni Elves generally do not approve of slavery. There is no slavery among the Elves themselves period. That being said, they aren't exactly Andorran abolitionists either. Seemingly for political reasons, slavery is kind of allowed in Greengold, but that's only between other races in an Absalom-like manner where the actual slave trade (buying and selling) itself is forbidden. Given the long lives of Elves, I imagine that this attitude is ancient. Jeeves herself is personally against slavery in its entirety.

Jeevika relaxes somewhat when the source of the metal-on-stone stones reveals himself.

"...Wait. Going by your wet appearances, you both were in that fountain somehow. That mist 'polymorphed and teleported' poor Lion... Huh. Zoli, it appears that we weren't looking for sloths, but rather... goldfish?"

Jeevika puts the thought aside for now.

"Greetings, sir. My name is Jeevika. This is Zoli," Jeeves says to politely to the new arrival.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 2 = 29


Ryli/Eugeni:

”It’s not polite to not explain yourselves, especially when I have done so. And darlin’, the things I could show you...but there’s just one problem,” she says as she reaches out and strokes a finger along Ryli’s midriff, ”While half of you is quite exquisite...” she then lightly slaps the side of your horse body, ”the other half is a complete distraction.”

She puts her hands on her hips, ”So, are you gonna answer my question? Maybe you, tusk-mouth. You speak Thassilonian?”

Ryli:
Something just moved to the edge of your echolocation in the north passage.

__________
Zoli/Jeevika:

The man eyes the dwarf warily, adding ”Zazeron. A pleasure.”

The dwarf flares at the man, ”What’s ‘e jibberin’ about? Is ‘e givin’ me insult!?!? Today is nay tha day, spellslinga!”


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

"No insults. He was just introducing himself," Jeevika explains to the dwarf. "Zazeron here doesn't speak Common. Are you familiar with ancient Thassilon? He appears to be from there, Mister...?"

Jeevika turns to Zazeron.

"He doesn't know Thassilonian. I suppose you'd like some context? It's been... thousands of years since Earthfall. Common - what we were speaking - is the current, well, common tongue among the Human nations and, by extension, the rest of Avistan."


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli smiles and lets her eyes close in enjoyment of the touch. "My dear," she says, opening her eyes only slightly. "I have talents. I can become just about anything you desire. Would you like to see what the men of this age has become? Or would you prefer I remain female?"

She whistles a couple times, telling Olympus to guard the northern passage. "He's loyal, but we may need some space," she explains.


Jeevika/Zoli:

”By the gods, a dwarf outside of the Darklands. What a strange sight,” Zazeron mutters as he studies the newcomer.

The dwarf responds to Jeevika, ”Ach! Thassilon! If’n I ‘ear anymore prattlin’ abou’ tha misbegotten, nay good for nothin’ gobbledygook o’ a nation I’ll go mad! But me name’s Gadgorin, son o’ Galdrick, son o’ Taaldrick. Who tha’ ‘ell are you lot? An’ where be Kragath, Lorthan, Gavin, an’ tha pointy ear lass?”
__________

Ryli/Eugeni:

”Really now? Well that I’d love to see,” she replies teasingly. But her eyes narrow, ”But, if you are unwilling to even answer my question when I answered yours, I suppose I’ll just have to go find more civilized company.”

She moves past you toward the hall leading to the exit, making sure to add a little unnecessary swing to her hips as she walks.

Ryli:
The figure approaching moves up to the corner and stops. It is definitely humanoid, and they have a bow in hand.


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

"All right, fine! No one sent us! Thassilon's gone! The Runelords are gone! Delvahine's gone! I was trying to ease you into it, but instead you're going to blunder into a world you've never imagined! Or, likely, die as the years catch up to you."

Ryli tilts her head as if listening. "Hold that thought," she whispers.

Then, in a louder voice, she calls out, "Excuse me, you around the corner? Yes, we know you're there. Please, come out and join us peacefully. There's no need to skulk about."


What language did you use to call out, Ryli?


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Eh, probably Thassilonian.


No response, but you do hear a feminine voice begin talking quietly in a flowing language from that location, and Olympus’ head tils to the side inquisitively.


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli's mouth twists in irritation. She repeats herself in Taldane this time.


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Knowledge - History (TtW): 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 5 = 20

General Knowledge about The Quest for the Sky. Going by the "General Knowledge" rules, the DC is either 10 or 15 since it was a major historical event that essentially defines an entire people.

"I believe they tunneled to the surface some time after Earthfall? A Quest for the Sky?" Jeevika explains to Zazeron. "They're... a somewhat common sight around Avistan these days."

Jeevika turns to Gadgorin.

"He was just surprised to see a Dwarf outside the Darklands. He predates the Quest for the Sky!" she clarifies, hoping to avoid any more anger. "Anyway, we're the Varisian Rangers, a group of regional peacekeepers. I have not seen your... companions? If my fountain hypothesis is correct, they're likely around here somewhere. Might I ask why you're here, Gadgorin?"


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

Zoli is filled with curiosity when she realizes these newcomers are from so long ago. At first she mistakes the dwarf for a born-again Baern but then realizes he smells much too good for that--and is that Baern would be much more put out at being wet.

When she feels a sudden re-connection to Lion, she exclaims. "Lion's alive, and scared!"

She tries to send a calming emotional message to Lion, hoping he'll find somewhere safe to wait for her. Then she turns to the fascinating newcomers.

"Gadgorin, good to meet you. You remind me a bit of my old friend Baern Steelskull, who forged this sword for me." She holds up Baern's Breath. "It seems when you came to this wing of the Runeforge many many years ago, you were caught in a trap that kept you polymorphed here. We've broken that spell so you're free now.

"You'll be happy to hear, we're here to take down a Thassilonian runelord who threatens to reawaken and attack the surrounding lands. I'd love to hear more about who you are and what you're doing here but first...Did you happen to see a more-heroic-than-usual-looking mouse on your way here? It seems my familiar was caught in the same trap you were."


Zoli/Jeevika:

Gadgorin scoffs, ”Ye be daft, pointy-ear, if’n ye believe anythin’ a spellslinga says.”

Zazeron merely smirks, remaining silent as he leans on his staff.

Gadgorin looks at the blade Zoli presents him. ”Pah. Work of an amateur. Nay true Dwarven smith would claim such shoddy work. ‘E was prolly trained by a humie. An’ what’s this abou’ a damned mouse? ‘O gives two gnome s@!#s abou’ a bloody mouse?”

In the distance down the tunnel, you can hear some frenzied squeaking.

From the direction of where you first began fighting the golems, a very beautiful woman, her grey dress wet and clinging to her voluptuous form, turns the corner and enters the room. ”Zazeron Inib! I see you too, decided to stick your nose where it didn’t belong! Why does it not surprise me?”

Zazeron turns to face her, a smirk painting itself across his face, ”Soldara. Charmed, as always,” he says with a slight bow. Before turning to face her, his grip on his staff tightening...

Zoli:
Lion still seems entirely panicked, as if being hunted.

__________
Ryli/Eugeni:

Soldara simply shrugs at the news, ”As was expected with Earthfall. We were tasked with working that problem out, after all. I’m certain the Highlady and the rest of her entourage came up with something. See you around,” she calls out over her shoulder as she rounds the corner.

From around the corner, the speaking halts, before a Taldane reply comes around the corner, ”If that is true, call back your guardian. I do not wish to harm an infant animal if it isn’t necessary.”


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

"I, the Highlady of Righteous Anger care about a mouse, you knucklehead. And I doubt you'd recognize good dwarven handiwork if it hit you in the face. Now pardon me for a moment, I have a mouse to save!"

With that, Zoli takes off at in the direction the dwarf came from. When she rounds the corner she shouts, "Lion! I'm coming!"


”Nay know Dwarven...I...’ow dare ye talk ta me tha’ way! Get back ‘ere ye wee brat!” the dwarf shouts as he takes off after Zoli, but just can’t seem to keep up.

Zoli:

When you turn the corner, you spot a drenched Lion doing the same, his claws skidding as they dig into the ivory tiles of the floor. Right behind it, only needing to walk at a casual pace to keep up, is an ogre-sized form clad in gleaming plate mail, and carrying an impressive looking double bladed sword. However, it is the rest of his appearance that catches the eye, for he appears to be a red dragon walking on two legs. His tail swishes behind him, and a pair of leathery wings are folded behind him, water dripping off their clawed ends.

As you reach Lion, he leaps up onto your legs and climbs up to your shoulder, quivering in fear.


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

Zoli runs up to stand protectively over Lion. She holds Baern's Breath out warningly in front of herself.

"Ho there, Zoli ventures in draconic. "I'm Zoli Tileani and this is my mouse. I'm not looking for a fight, but I'll take one if you threaten it. If not, I'm happy to treat with you."

She glances over her shoulder with amusement as the dwarf huffs along behind her.


Zoli:

”I do not think it is I you need concern yourself with, little one,” the dragon man says as he nods his head towards the dwarf.

The dwarf is still muttering under his breath as he closes in on Zoli, but the sight of the dragon-man gives him pause. He then smiles broadly, seeming to forget about Zoli for the moment. ”Lorthan! Ye big lug! Ne’er thought I’d see tha day tha’ I’d say it was good ta see yer ugly face!” he says with a chuckle as he walks up to the draconian.

The draconian, Lorthan, plants one end of his weapon against the floor and kneels down, embracing the dwarf with his free arm. ”You as well, Gadgorin. Who is your new friend?”

Gadgorin turns to glance at Zoli, ”Friend? Pah! Just some wee ‘af-folk wit’ nay manners.”

Lorthan stands and asks, ”Any sign of the others?” to which the dwarf shakes his head.


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

Jeevika almost follows Zoli, but Soldara's arrival brings her to pause. She is aware that of what happened... the last time Zoli was isolated from the others, but the lack of a Eugeni and Ryli following Soldara from the other room similarly concerns her.

"Zoli, if you need my assistance, just holler!" Jeevika calls after her friend before turning toward the Thassilonians. "Hello there, Soldara. My name is Jeevika. I take it that you've met my associates Ryli and Eugeni?"

Given the circumstances, she tries to be as polite as possible.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 = 35


Jeevika:

Looking past Zazeron, the woman replies, ”Yes, quite interesting companions for an elf. Especially the scarred up walrus thing.”

Zazeron looks on in confusion, to which Soldara says, ”Yeah, strange times we seem to be in. I’m not even sure the thing could talk.”


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

"I don't have manners?" Zoli glares at the dwarf. "I introduced myself and said you reminded me of an old friend. That is you did until you insulted my old friend--and another dwarf's--memory and my familiar, both in the same sentence.

"If you want to start over together, by all means. I'll accept an apology from you for insulting the departed friend's handiwork.

"And I'm sorry to insult your eye in such matters. It's possible that it's a simple matter of tastes changing over time."


Female Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) of Shelyn 8/Holy Vindicator 7 | HP: 145/145 | AC: 46, Touch: 23, FF: 46 | CMD 41 | Saves: Fort: +22, Reflex: +13, Will: +27 (+2 vs. enchantment; +4 vs. mind-affecting effects) | Init: +5 | Perception: +29 | Buffs: Magic Vestment x2, GMW, Extended Tears to Wine, Ward the Faithful, Barkskin, Communal Air Walk, Extended Communal Resist Energy: Fire, Good Hope, Vindicator's Shield

"Reincarnate. Quite a spell, isn't it?" Jeevika chuckles wearily, seemingly speaking more to herself than the Thassilonians. "Mr. Silva can speak. He's just something of a quiet intellectual; as you probably noticed by the floating, he's got quite a mind for magic."

Lost in thought, she absentmindedly taps her falcata against her buckler for a few seconds.

"Might I ask your stories? It isn't every day that someone like me meets individuals from Old Thassilon. In return, I'll gladly answer any questions you have."


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli whistles softly and Olympus settles down. She rolls her eyes at Soldara's departure, deciding that she'll figure out what to do about her later.

She clips over to stand just in front of Olympus. "There. I appreciate you not wanting to harm Olympus. He's a very dear friend." She takes a moment to nuzzle the roc in a show of affection.

"Would you like to come out now? Introduce yourself. My name is Ryli. Marwari, if you care to know more details."


Gadgorin mutters something in Dwarven and reaches for his hammer, but Lorthan puts a clawed hand on his chest and manages to hold the dwarf back. ”Pardon his bluntness, Miss, Talani was it? He is not accustomed to being talked to with anything but lavish praise and subservience. Fault of his bloodline. Descendants of a king and all,” Lorthan says with a hint of sarcasm.

”Fault o’ me bloodline!?!?” growls Gadgorin, ”Now I remember why I couldn’t stand sharin’ a tent with yer draconic ass all those months! Leggo a me ye damned walkin’ lizard!” he says before stomping off back towards the entry fountain.

The draconian, still kneeling, smiles a toothy grin before saying, ”Don’t mind him. Give him a horn of mead and he’ll be your best friend by the end of the night. My name is Lorthan. A pleasure to meet you. If I may be so bold, have you by chance seen a youngwizard wearing white robes named Gavin, a human paladin named Kragath, or...or a golden haired elf maiden named Elthariel?”


Skills: Acro +30, Bluff +13, Climb +10, Dipl +9, D.Device +26, Escape +13, Know (hist) +14, (arcana) +11, (noble) +8, (dungeon, geo, local, plane, relig) +7, (eng, nature) +6, Percep +21, Ride +12, Sleight +15, Spellcraft +5, Stealth +35, Swim +9 HP 130, Luck 20, Panache 5, AC 40 (T 25, F 28) CMD 30 | F+14 R+23 W+15 (+4 6/day charmed life, +2 vs fear)| evasion, improved + uncanny dodge, reroll (save 1/day + any 1/scene) | Per+21 | Init+11

"Pleased to meet you, Lorthan. I haven't seen them yet myself but I'm happy to help you look. There were other fountains imprisoning people before my friends and I broke the curse that kept you trapped. With luck, we'll find your companions. On the otherhand, in our experience only some of our party were captured and polymorphed by the mists. If some of your compatriots weren't captured, they might not be here anymore.

"Speaking of which, what was the year when you two were captured? And what brought you here? I'm happy to help you search while we chat."


Jeevika:

Zazeron looks warily to Jeevika, then to Soldara, ”Old Thassilon, you say? Hmmm...” he ponders a moment before adding, ”No, I think now is not the time. I should return to my masters and see what is going on...” he gives Soldara a look, ”As should you, I dare think.”

Sense Motive DC 20:
He seems to be warning Soldara to not say anything to you.

He then begins walking towards the exit.
__________
Ryli:

A blonde Elven woman steps around the corner, eyeing you cautiously. Noting your non-threatening posture, she lowers her bow and bows her head, ”I am Ethariel Teliandra Edasseril, High Ranger of Kyonin, at your service.”
__________
Zoli:

Lorthan looks confused, ”The year? Why, it is the year 1,183...” he says before his eyes widen and he stands, ”Isn’t it?”


Female Centaur Reincarnated Druid | HP 146/147 | AC: 28 (18 Tch, 20 Ff) | CMB: +22, CMD: 42 | F: +14, R: +14, W: +19| Init: +10 | Perc: +32 echolocation, barkskin, tears to wine, resist fire 30

Ryli switches to Sylvan.

"Ah! A child of the Iadara! I'm going to guess that you've been here a very long time. It might be a shock, but at least you will be pleased to know that Kyonin is still intact."

6,351 to 6,400 of 7,186 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thron's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.