Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Thirst - A Ravenloft PbP

Game Master Celestial Healer

Set in the land of Ravenloft, a band of intrepid heroes searches for a way home, but their fate may be inextricably tied to a vain, power-hungry madman. Uses the Pathfinder ruleset.


2,201 to 2,250 of 4,309 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

Res steps up to attack Spindle with his greatsword.

5 foot step to J21. Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16, Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17


Nathaniel rushes at the carnival manager, shoving him against a wall and damaging him significantly. The move knocks the man's feet from under him and he is prone. His grin never fades, despite his cracked ribs.

Urdrin goes after the cruel fey with his axe. Spindle is wounded, but not as much as one would expect from such a blow. It is much like what you experienced with the grigs; he is resistant to ordinary metals. Spindle seems to find it all very funny, and laughs cruelly.

Res joins the fray, but the lithe and quick-footed fey is able to dodge the cleric's powerful attack.

MAP

Eliva
Tiffana
Nathaniel (posted)
Res (posted)
Urdrin (posted)
Angalia
Sergei (prone)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

"The creature is fey, I think! If you have cold iron to attack it with, it will get through it's magical protections better!" Eliva readied a shot against the creature. "I suspect it will be resistant to spells as well." Eliva called on Erastil to give her arrows more power as she moved along the wall for a clear shot and aimed at the foul creature.


Swift action judgement activation: Destruction
Move to H-25.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


female Human Rogue 4

Move to H20 and attack with flanking
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
No way that hits.

Angalia giggles and muffs her attack completely.


Eliva and Angalia both fail to strike the quick-footed clown.

Tiffana is up.


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

Tiffana steps between the fey creature and her laughing companion. This fun-house is full of evil clowns, it's time to burn it down!, down. down. :P

Move to K-20,Burning Hands, DC 15

3d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) = 10

To overcome spell resistance1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


You are going to have to make a caster level check to overcome spell resistance on spells targeting Spindle.

Qadira

Let me check....yup male. Drow/Irishman Exterminator 10/ Former Kickboxer 5/ Dad 4

S!%$.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

"You don't have to die here Sergei," says Nathaniel. "Just tell us how to cure the laughing plague."


Tiffana's fiery blast simply passes around the fey monster. It is highly resistant to such magic.

Sergei looks at Nathaniel incredulously. "The laughter is a gift from the great jester! It transcends the power of mortals such as we." He scrambles to his feet.

Nathaniel can take an AoO on Sergei as he stands up - if he so chooses.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Nathaniel swipes at Sergei with his battleaxe.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Nathaniel's attack misses its mark. The carnival manager clambers to his feet and, with a few arcane gestures, vanishes from sight.


Erfan tries to shake the effect of the hideous laughter. 1d20 ⇒ 15

Spindle steps away from his foes and tries to inflict Urdrin with his hideous laughter. 5 foot step. Urdrin save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9. Urdrin falls into uncharacteristic laughter.

MAP

Eliva
Tiffana
Nathaniel
Res
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia
Sergei (invisible)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

“I can’t see him!” Nathaniel yells back to his companions. Working on the theory that Sergei has become invisible but is still nearby, the ranger swings wildly about himself with his axe and shield.

Attacking into square R 25 with axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 miss change: 1d100 ⇒ 88 (high misses) damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12.
Attacking into square R24 with shield: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 12 (high misses) damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

Res steps forward pressing the attack against Spindle. "Watch for his spells. It causes hysterical laughter, Angalia. You don't need any more of that!"

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 = 17, Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 2 = 10


Nathaniel strikes blindly at his invisible foe, but does not make contact with anything. Res, on the other hand, manages to strike Spindle solidly. The fey being is not wounded as badly as he otherwise might, resistant as he is to ordinary steel. Rather then yell in pain, Spindle lets out a high shrill laugh, as if he finds this all terribly amusing.

MAP

Eliva
Tiffana
Nathaniel (posted)
Res (posted)
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia
Sergei (invisible)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Eliva moves for a clearer shot and fires again.

Move to G-22
Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


female Human Rogue 4

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 - Acro to tumble around Spindle and flank with Res at G18.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 - attack Spindle with CA.
Another flub, I'm confident.

"He's so funny, so funny, so funny, he needs another smile on the other side of his face."

Angalia ignores Res's warning as she moves swiftly to flank, but over estimates herself as her dagger misses the fey's face.


Eliva's bow hits Spindle, but fails to injure him in any appreciable way. Angalia skirts around the fey, but misses him with her dagger.

Tiffana is up.


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

At the sound of Nat's voice Tif turns, and sees that his foe has vanished. Her eyes narrow as she quickly scans his immediate area.

Take a 5ft step towards Nathanial, and cast Detect Magic, this should allow her to determine if he is invisible or gone.


Tiffana can detect an aura of illusion consistent with an invisibility spell.

Sergei reappears in the middle of the room, casting another spell. Hideous laughter on Eliva. [ooc]Eliva needs to make a DC 13 Will save.

Erfan and Urdrin both try to shake the spell from themselves. Urdrin 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20. Erfan 1d20 ⇒ 1.

Urdrin manages to cease his idiotic laughter and sneers at Spindle.

Spindle steps aside and does what can only be described as "feeding" off of the mirth around him. All of those within 30 feet who are effected by hideous laughter need to make a DC 17 Will save.

Erfan 1d20 ⇒ 4. Wisdom drain 1d4 ⇒ 3

If Eliva fails her save vs hideous laughter she should make a second save at DC 17 or take 1d4 ⇒ 4 Wisdom drain.

FYI - Erfan is at Wisdom 1.

MAP

Eliva (Needs to make a DC 13 Will save. If she fails, needs to make a second DC 17 Will save.)
Tiffana
Nathaniel
Res
Urdrin
Angalia
Sergei
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Will Save vs. hideous laughter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
doh!
Will Save vs. "feeding": 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
whew!

Eliva begins to laugh uproarously.


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

Res steps forward again toward Spindle. "It may have some protection against my greatsword, but not complete protection. Keep pressing the attack and corner it against a wall!

5 foot step to I19: Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 = 13, damage: 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 + 2 = 13


female Human Rogue 4

Move to flank with Urdin
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Hmm. Probably not.
Just in case that does hit,
1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (4, 4) = 12

Angalia keeps her knife to Spindle's throat, struggling to suppress her own laughter.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

“You can’t get away that easily Sergei!” yells Nathaniel, spinning about and charging at Sergei, his axe held high.

Charge to M24 and attack Sergei with axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

---

“You shouldn’t’a done that,” slurs Urdrin, bringing his axe to bear again on Spindle. Attack (flanking): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Blerg. We are not, overall, rolling really well in this fight...


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Seeing Sergei appear Tif releases the last of her potent magical energies against him, conjuring horrible images drawn from her night terrors into the man's mind.

Cause Fear, DC14.


Eliva suddenly finds the matter very funny. She manages to resist Spindle's sinister feeding, however.

Eliva: Since it is now your turn, you can attempt a new Will save at DC 13 to end the hideous laughter. That will take up your actions for the round, but you would be able to act next round.

Angalia, Urdrin, and Res both try to strike at the fey but miss. Nathaniel charges at Sergei, but the crazed carnival manager dodges his blow.

Tiffana: You didn't need to roll a save - you were not targeted by anything.

Tiffana tries to instill fear in the carnival manager. Sergei's save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 In his crazed state, he seems not to register the fear.

Erfan tries to shrug off the hideous laughter: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12. The poor gnome's mind is simply too cracked to free himself from the spell. He needs to roll a 18, 19, or 20 to make the save...

Sergei turns on Nathaniel with another spell. He's taking a 5 foot step away and casting lesser confusion. DC 13 Will save, Nathaniel.

Spindle again tries to spread his laughter. Res: DC 16 Will save please.

Recap:
Tiffana did not need to make a save.
Eliva needs to roll a DC 13 Will save. If she succeeds, she has shrugged off the hideous laughter and can act normally this round.
Res needs to roll a DC 16 Will save against hideous laughter.
Nathaniel needs to roll a DC 13 Will save against lesser confusion.

MAP

Eliva (If she succeeds on a DC 13 Will save from the previous round, she can act normally on her turn. Otherwise, she is still under the effect of hideous laughter and should save again for the current round.)
Tiffana
Nathaniel (DC 13 Will save or under lesser confusion for this round.)
Res (DC 16 Will save or under hideous laughter. If you fail, roll a second DC 16 Will save as your attempt to resist the spell on your turn.)
Urdrin
Angalia
Sergei
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


female Human Rogue 4

Move to I16 and hope for flank.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3, 2) = 7
Crud. Probably going to do nothing with his damage resistance. I hate this guy.


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Bah! Your spell has no effect on me."

Do we get attacks of opportunities on Spindle as he tries to effect Res?

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked the map and see that he took a 5 foot step.


Res, since you saved against the hideous laughter, you can also take your turn as normal.

Angalia, I will wait to resolve your attack until we find who set up that flank. Res or Urdrin both could.


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Yay!

Elive manages to stifle her laughter, and the sparkle in her eyes turns to glittering anger as she glares at the foul fey clown in front of her.


Eliva, that was the save from the previous round to shrug off the hideous laughter when it was your turn. Now it's your turn again and you can act normally.


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

"Now let's see you keep laughing as my greatsword carves into you!"

Res moves to K18. Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12, Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 2 = 15


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Eliva moved toward the clown and fired her arrow again.

Move to H-18.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
yeah!

"You will pay for preying on this community and its people, you foul creature!" she cried as she loosed the arrow into its arm.


Res strides up to Spindle and swings his sword. The fey is able to dodge the blow, but not without leaving an open for Angalia, who cuts at him with her dagger. Spindle is injured, and even moreso when struck with an arrow from Eliva's bow.

MAP

Eliva (posted)
Tiffana
Nathaniel (DC 13 Will save or under lesser confusion for this round.)
Res (posted)
Urdrin
Angalia (posted)
Sergei
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

We have to shut Sergei up, so here goes.

Seeing the madman is beyond mortal fear, Tif tenses her legs and hurls herself at him.

Charge Sergei, ending with a grapple.(If allowed.)

Charge/Grapple1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Ha! Awesome.

Tiffana dashes at the crazed carnival manager and grabs him, hindering his movements.

It's questionable as to whether you can initiate a grapple at the end of the charge, but he's pretty close, so you can just move up to him and grapple, which would succeed with that roll.

Sorcerers should engage in combat maneuvers more often...

Urdrin steps up and hacks at Spindle with his axe. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 His attack just barely misses.

MAP

Nathaniel is up and still needs to roll a DC 13 Will save. If you fail, you are confused with the round. If you succeed, take your action as normal.

Eliva (posted)
Tiffana (grappling Sergei)
Nathaniel (DC 13 Will save or under lesser confusion for this round.)
Res (posted)
Urdrin
Angalia (posted)
Sergei (grappled by Tiffana)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Nathaniel's save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Confused. Effect 1d100 ⇒ 68

Yikes. I rolled terribly for Nathaniel. Befuddled by Sergei's spell, Nathaniel becomes disoriented and falls against his own axe. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage. And the bad rolls continue... Sorry.

Sergei wrestles with Tiffana to gain control of the grapple. Escape Artist 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 By my count, Tiffana's CMD is 13, so that succeeds. Sergei turns the tables and is now grappling Tiffana.

Erfan save 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 Erfan continues laughing uncontrollably.

Spindle steps back again and tries to inflict Urdrin with laughter. Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 As Urdrin laughs, so does Spindle - the shrill sound reverberating through the room.

MAP

Eliva
Tiffana (grappled)
Nathaniel (Took 10 damage.)
Res
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia
Sergei (grappling Tiffana)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Eliva stepped forward and fired again.

5' step to I-17
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Oooo! Confirm attempt and extra crit damage:
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 6) + 4 = 17 for a total of 23


Eliva's arrow may not be cold iron, but it strikes a vital spot on Spindle, lodging itself in the fey being's abdomen. His eyes blaze with fury at the brutal injury.

Eliva (posted)
Tiffana (grappled)
Nathaniel (Took 10 damage.)
Res
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia
Sergei (grappling Tiffana)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

Res sees Eliva's arrow plunge into one of Spindle's organs and the ensuing cry of pain. "Where's the laughter now?" Res circles around to try to cut the clown off. He takes another powerful swing in an attempt to offset the resistance to his non-cold iron sword with sheer force.

move to L16. Power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13


Yikes! Roll to confirm, Res.


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:43/43, AC 15}

confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11 Yes!


Ouch.

As Spindle turns to face Eliva, Res hacks him viciously. The fey barely clings to life.

MAP

Eliva (posted)
Tiffana (grappled)
Nathaniel (Took 10 damage.)
Res (posted)
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia
Sergei (grappling Tiffana)
Erfan (hideous laughter)
Spindle


female Human Rogue 4

Step to flank with Res. Dagger to throat.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2, 5) = 11

"Still finding it funny?" Angalia's tone is arctic as her dagger slides into the fey's neck.


Indeed, Spindle doesn't find it funny, as he crumples to the ground in a pool of blood.

Sergei calls out in panic, "Master!" as he sees his beloved guide perish. He looks around at all of you in utter rage.

Angalia feels a change in herself almost immediately, as if a cloud has lifted from about her head. The Laughing Plague is lifted from Angalia and Erfan, along with the accompanying Wisdom damage. However, Erfan's wisdom drain from Spindle's feeding, as well as the ongoing hideous laughter on him and Urdrin, are still very much in effect.

The dice roller's wonkiness worked out in your favor this round :) That's fine - I didn't want to drag it out much longer anyway.

MAP

Eliva (posted)
Tiffana (grappled)
Nathaniell (Took 10 damage.)
Res (posted)
Urdrin (hideous laughter)
Angalia (posted)
Sergei (grappling Tiffana)
Erfan (hideous laughter)


female Human Rogue 4

Angalia's head snaps up as the plaguing laughter drops away from her. She turns her attention to Sergei.

"None of it is real. None of it. Start thinking Sergei. He used you. You were a toy."


"You know nothing!" he spits back.

Tiffana is up.

Nataniel hasn't been through in a few days. I'd rather not control him at this juncture, so if someone would like to declare his actions for this round, please do.

Urdrin's save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Urdrin is unable to shake the dead fey's spell.


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Nathaniel stepped up next to Sergei and tried to smack him with the flat of his axe.

Battleaxe (non-lethal): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Damage (non-lethal): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
I hope that's okay - I figure we seem to be trying to save Sergei, while the clown had to die. :)


Precisely why I didn't want to direct Nathaniel. I can't make that choice for you.

Nathaniel tries to subdue the carnival manager, but fails to hit the cracked bard who is grappling with Tiffana.

Tiffana is up.

2,201 to 2,250 of 4,309 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thirst - A Ravenloft PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.