Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Thirst - A Ravenloft PbP

Game Master Celestial Healer

Set in the land of Ravenloft, a band of intrepid heroes searches for a way home, but their fate may be inextricably tied to a vain, power-hungry madman. Uses the Pathfinder ruleset.


51 to 100 of 4,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4
'Kani wrote:

walks along with Tiffa and Eliva

Are we winging the story again? Last time you tried to convince them I was a Forest Spirit seeking tribute from those loggers. Admittly it worked, but I had sap in my hair for days.

Should I give 'em a drumroll to annouce us?

"When do I ever have a plan dear 'Kani? I mean other than that one time, and that almost got me burned at the stake for being a witch."

Looking at her female companion Tif whispers"Keep the bow, after all it would be rather foolish for us to be traveling without a way to defend ourselves, yes?"

Just so I know, about how old do 'Kani and Eliva look? Tif is 19 but could pass for a slightly younger girl, I'm thinking she could feign a fever if those two could pass for Aunt and Uncle perhaps? Play poor lost travelers? BTW, "Kani" nice touch lol. :D


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

[ooc]Eliva is an 18 year old half orc - not old but older than a human 18 year old would be, relatively. She's 5'10" and wears spiked gauntlets and carries a bow.


female Human Rogue 4

@Eliva

"Gilbraith probably thinks spiked gauntlets are an invitation. Don't worry about it."


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

Okay then, "handler", Mistress and slave act then?


male human Bard 1 - Savage Skald

I'm 19 and male, to answer previous questions. I'm still kinda hot, though.

Wait, does that make me the handler or the slave?


To be clear, the tower isn't that big. Those of you going around the side could get to the front pretty quickly in a pinch. It looks to be less than 50 feet on a side.

Those headed towards the side door:
As you creep around the side of the building, the configuration becomes more clear. The tower was constructed on hilly terrain, and the land slopes downward toward the rear of the tower, so that the small side door is on a lower level than the main entrance.

The door is small and unmarked. Once you are close enough to see clearly, it becomes apparent that the door is meant as an exit, not an entrance. It has no handle or lock visible from the outside. Looking at the hinge, you can see that it would open out toward you, not inward.

Those approaching the front door:
As you parade towards the door, you can see that someone is looking out through the opening in the door, watching you. When you are about 30 feet from the door, a man's voice calls out, "Halt! Who goes there?"

The heavy mist seems to be encroaching upon the tower from all sides. It seems like a bizarre phenomenon, but perhaps is nothing more than a peculiarity of the hilly topography.


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}
'Kani wrote:
Wait, does that make me the handler or the slave?

Yes. :D

Eliva hastily tucked her holy symbol underneath her shirt before they approached the tower, and at Tiffana's suggestion, assumed the confident swagger she would assume in unfamiliar towns to discourage trouble.

I don't know how you want to handle it, CH, but essentially Eliva's trying to use her ability to intimidate to discourage direct questions and hopefully back up Tiffana's "handler and slave" type deception (aid another maybe?)


Aid another sounds right for Intimidate or Diplomacy, depending on which one you are going for.


Erfan titters and hides behind the others, occasionally poking his head out from behind Tiffana's hip and generally doing a very poor job of concealing the 5' spear covered in tribal charms.

i.e. he's not really hiding but the larger folks in front of him may form an effective screen for spell somatics.

Taldor

Female Human Level 4 Bard
Celestial GM wrote:
Aid another sounds right for Intimidate or Diplomacy, depending on which one you are going for.

Since she's sticking with her "Don't mess with me, fool," attitude, I'm guessing intimidate makes the most sense. She's playing to the "handler" persona. If you feel Diplomacy or Bluff is more appropriate, however, that will be fine.


It's almost a bit of "good cop/bad cop", so I'll stretch things and let you use intimidate to aid Tiffa's diplomacy. It's quirky, but it seems appropriate for what you are describing.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Those going around the side:

Spoiler:
Upon seeing the door, it becomes clear that the only way to get in that way is to hack or bash it down, or have someone open it from the inside. Nathaniel looks about for windows or guardians in the vicinity Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, then gestures to Angalia and begins creeping around the tower towards the front door, aiming to get within about 30 feet of the door, but out of sight from the entrance, blocked from sight by the curve of the tower. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

At the sound of the mans voice Tif stops and steps away from the other woman.

"Entertainment milord, Are you the one we are to.....entertain?, Shall we come in and get started then, did you want to talk first, or just rip my clothes off and let her punish me? As she says the last she takes a cheerful gait towards the speaker her face a submissive mask, trying to get a good look at the figure as she does so.

So I'm getting +2 from Aid another and an additional +2 from the magics, yes?

Bluff 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 4 = 21


Nathaniel, you do not see anyone guarding the door, and the only windows are on the top level of the tower. In terms of sneaking to where you can see the main entrance, the tower is square, so you can wait around the corner pretty easily.


Tiffana Takorous wrote:

At the sound of the mans voice Tif stops and steps away from the other woman.

"Entertainment milord, Are you the one we are to.....entertain?, Shall we come in and get started then, did you want to talk first, or just rip my clothes off and let her punish me? As she says the last she takes a cheerful gait towards the speaker her face a submissive mask, trying to get a good look at the figure as she does so.

So I'm getting +2 from Aid another and an additional +2 from the magics, yes?

Bluff 1d20+7+4=

You see the eyes of the aged guard grow wide for a moment, before he calls back, "Wait right there," and closes a shutter over the opening, as if conferring with somebody else. A short pause later, the shutter opens again and a new face appears. "Who sent you?"


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4
Celestial GM wrote:
Tiffana Takorous wrote:

At the sound of the mans voice Tif stops and steps away from the other woman.

"Entertainment milord, Are you the one we are to.....entertain?, Shall we come in and get started then, did you want to talk first, or just rip my clothes off and let her punish me? As she says the last she takes a cheerful gait towards the speaker her face a submissive mask, trying to get a good look at the figure as she does so.

So I'm getting +2 from Aid another and an additional +2 from the magics, yes?

Bluff 1d20+7+4=

You see the eyes of the aged guard grow wide for a moment, before he calls back, "Wait right there," and closes a shutter over the opening, as if conferring with somebody else. A short pause later, the shutter opens again and a new face appears. "Who sent you?"

Still walking innocently to the door, Tif smiles sweetly, the tip of her tongue sticking from her lips, "Albadror, is this not his tower? He paid us in advance for complete experience, I'm pretty sure I'm to do anything and everything you tell me....", as she speaks she runs her finger tip across her lips and her eyes flash with unhidden lust.

Yes I know there is no Albrador, just in case the fool doesn't bite she can play lost and confused.


The man looking through the shutter seems to size you all up. "Well it's about time you arrived then." He closes the shutter and a moment later the door swings open and an armed guard gestures the three of you inside.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Lurking just around the corner, Nathaniel hears the door open and those outside being ushered inside. Nodding meaningfully to Angalia, Nathaniel stands from his crouched position than runs around the corner to the door, axe in hand.


In that case, I'll take initiative rolls.


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As she hears the rushing warrior she mutters, "Not quite what I had in mind, but we've dealt with worse.", casting a sideways glance at 'Kani as she does.

EDIT:Ouch. :/


female Human Rogue 4

Listening to Tiffa at work, makes Angalia smile in the dark, but as Nat moves, her hand goes to her dagger, ready to throw it.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 = init.

How far away is she? She'll have moved with Nat, but will stay in the shadows when he plunges to the door.


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:42/42, AC 16}

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 11

Res watches as Tiffa and company enter the tower followed by Nathaniel racing around the corner with Axe in hand. He immediately takes off toward the tower, running as fast as he can in his armor.


Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Waiting for a map and description of guard numbers/locations.

Erfan shrinks back as Nathaniel rushes around the corner, his face splitting into a mischievous grin.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


male human Bard 1 - Savage Skald

init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

you ain't kiddin' 'ouch'!


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

"Oh Gods! he's got an axe!! Tif shrieks as the others burst into the tower, her eyes widening in mock fear.

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Worth a shot, maybe they won't think we're together. :/


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Eliva will look for a way to hold the door open for everyone - either by standing there or looking for something to wedge the door open.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3
Nathaniel Greenfellow wrote:
Init: 1d20 + 3

Nathan’s exact action will depend on the situation, but he will take a move action (two if necessary) to get through the doorway and into a position where a bad guy can’t easily close it without going through him. If he happens to have enough actions to move and attack a guard, he’ll probably do that, or maybe make a Bull Rush attempt.


female Human Rogue 4

Stay inconspicuous and chuck a dagger from the darkness. Probably, but may change if circumstances aren't appropriate.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Is it possible that the 'sneaks' would get in a surprise round? Or are the guards too alert / the situation not right for that?


Nathaniel Greenfellow wrote:
Is it possible that the 'sneaks' would get in a surprise round? Or are the guards too alert / the situation not right for that?

No, I don't think there will be a surprise round. I will post a map with everyone's locations (based on what everyone has told me) shortly. Still waiting on a few initiatives.


Initiative:

Rolling for Thalion. CrimJ has been a bit busy and hasn't finished up quite yet. I'm giving him a little more time. Thalion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Crossbowmen 19
Nathaniel 18
Angalia 17
Eliva 14
Guards 14
Res 11
Thalion 10
Tiffana 4
Erfan 4
Kani 4

(Erfan and 'Kani have exactly the same initiative bonuses and Dexterity scores. Interesting. You two can go in either order the first round - doesn't really matter.)

I placed everyone on the map roughly where they should be, based on the actions you described. MAP Note: The front door is currently still open.

The map is just a spreadsheet - pretty rudimentary, but it gives an idea of where you are, and I can easily update it with your movements, etc.


The watchful guard who opened the door for the unexpected guests has not let down his careful watch. As soon as he sees a guy running at him with an axe, he reveals that, hidden behind the open door, he has been holding a crossbow at the ready.

Firing at Nathaniel 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage. Hits your flatfooted AC.

Then he throws down his crossbow and draws a shortsword, ready to defend the keep. He also motions for Tiffana and her companions to hurry inside.

(The other crossbowman will be treated as delaying, since he's deep in the room.)

Nathaniel
Angalia
Eliva
Guards
Res
Thalion
Tiffana
Erfan
'Kani
Crossbowmen


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Nathaniel races around the corner, his face a mask of controlled fury. He has his shield up, but it does not protect him from the unexpected crossbow bolt that lodges itself in the fleshy part of his shoulder. He grunts in pain, but doesn’t slow down, charging into the crossbowman, axe swinging.

Move action: Move to F11, slightly out from the wall so as to avoid AoO from X1.
Standard action: Axe attack on X1 (including favoured enemy bonus). 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11. Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

The crossbow bolt hurts him more than it appears, and his blow is weak, the movement and strength in his arm limited.


female Human Rogue 4

Moving in the shadows, Angalia throws a dagger at the crossbowman conveniently backlit by the doorway.

Move to A15, throw dagger and drop to ground. Do I have CA?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 - woah. Crit. Possibly.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 - roll to confirm, bizarrely, it does.
2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 - damage


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:42/42, AC 16}

Res runs just to the edge of door, his great sword drawn, ready to follow Nathaniel in.

Move Res to square H11


Angalia wrote:

Moving in the shadows, Angalia throws a dagger at the crossbowman conveniently backlit by the doorway.

Move to A15, throw dagger and drop to ground. Do I have CA?

1d20+5 - woah. Crit. Possibly.
1d20+5 - roll to confirm, bizarrely, it does.
2d4 - damage

The guard reels from the blow.

Sadly, the guard had acted, so is not flatfooted. No Sneak Attack.

MAP

Eliva
Guards
Res (already posted)
Thalion
Tiffana
Erfan
'Kani
Crossbowmen
Nathaniel
Angalia

Res - I moved you on the map in advance, but will treat you as being where you were before for the Guards' turn. If you change your mind after their actions, let me know.


Female Half Orc Inquisitor 5 {HP:28/30}

Eliva moves to H-11 and readies an action to prevent the door from closing if anyone tries to close it.


The guards, hearing the assault, reposition themselves to guard the entrance.

Res, Eliva took your spot, so I moved you one back. If you would rather be somewhere else, let me know.

MAP

Thalion
Tiffana
Erfan
'Kani
Crossbowmen
Nathaniel
Angalia
Eliva
Guards
Res


CrimJ asked to be delayed.

Tiffana
Erfan
'Kani
Crossbowmen
Nathaniel
Angalia
Eliva
Guards
Res
Thalion (delaying)


Male Human Cleric/5 {HP:42/42, AC 16}

Res is fine with his new position.


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

I will post my action after work today.


male human Bard 1 - Savage Skald

I will be following Tiffa's lead.


Female Human (Gypsy) Dreamspun Sorceress 4

Realizing that the guard(s) don't yet know that they're together, and wishing to get herself to a more advantages location Tif decides to continue her ruse for a few moments longer.

With a shriek of terror the girl grabs her male companion by the wrist and runs towards the other crossbowman, blocking his shot as she screams "They're mad! Do something before they kill us all!.

I'm guessing after being ushered in she was on H9?, Move to I7, as she does so she attempts to secretly draw her silver dagger.

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 oops, she may have pushed her luck a little too far. :P


Tiffana Takorous wrote:

Realizing that the guard(s) don't yet know that they're together, and wishing to get herself to a more advantages location Tif decides to continue her ruse for a few moments longer.

With a shriek of terror the girl grabs her male companion by the wrist and runs towards the other crossbowman, blocking his shot as she screams "They're mad! Do something before they kill us all!.

I'm guessing after being ushered in she was on H9?, Move to I7, as she does so she attempts to secretly draw her silver dagger.

Slight of Hand: 1d20+8 oops, she may have pushed her luck a little too far. :P

Yep. The eyes of the nearby guards widen in alarm

Erfan is up.


Erfan begins swaying on his heels, humming a strange quasi-song. Arcane power begins to course through his motions as he steps behind where Tif was standing a moment ago.

5-foot step to F14. Casting sleep centered at the intersection F-G/8-9, which should hit X1, G1, and G2. That's my full-round action. Will save DC 18, affects up to 4 total Hit Dice.


female Human Rogue 4

In the darkness, Angalia watches the unfolding events with interest. She can't help smiling at Tiff's determination to keep the imposture going, but watches in alarm as the guards spot her subtle movement. Her smile grows again as the nude gnome rocks and hums.

This is going to be interesting...


male human Bard 1 - Savage Skald

Moving with Tiffa, 'Kani ends up at I-8. Hoping to distract the crossbowman (X-2), he tosses the drum he's carrying at him, revealing that he's wearing a cestus on his right hand. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Erfan Treefriend wrote:
Will save DC 18

Correction: That should be DC 19. Forgot to factor in spell level. Durr.


Well... You picked the right save to target. Let's see if I roll any 20s, shall we?

X1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
G1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
G2 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

The guards, focused as they are on the guy with the axe, underestimate the little gnome. The three closest to the door fall into a magical slumber.

'Kani's throw lands wide of its mark. It does, however, get the attention of the crossbowman who responds with a crossbow bolt, which grazes 'Kani's arm. The crossbowman then moves for cover behind the wooden table. (Low cover behind the table; +4 to AC.)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

Now that someone is in the room: There is some junk in the near left corner of the room (barrels and crates and whatnot). A wooden table and a couple of stools is off to the right, littered with tankards and playing cards. Wooden stairs spiral up along the outer walls of the room, starting in the far left corner. Off to the far right, one can see a plan trap door, presumably leading to the cellar.

Nathaniel
Angalia
Eliva
Guards (G1 and G2 are asleep.)
Res
Thalion (delaying)
Tiffana
Erfan
'Kani
Crossbowmen (X1 is asleep. X2 has cover.)

51 to 100 of 4,475 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thirst - A Ravenloft PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.