Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

There be lootin' to do - Skulls & Shackles

Game Master The Norv

Here be a disgraceful crew of pirates! And TOO MANY HYPERLINKS!

Current Map | Ship Sheet | Loot Tracker | Shackles Map | Campaign Bible

Infamy: 18 Disrepute: 18 Plunder: 0


1 to 50 of 3,271 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Don't Look!:

Dario Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ranak Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Jesal Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Alabaster Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Isaac Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Edward Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Jesal Kn Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Each of you had spent a long boisterous night of drinking, gambling and singing in the Formidably Maid the night before, enjoying the pleasurable sins that Port Peril had to offer before passing out on the pub's floor or wherever you managed to go before the darkness came over you.

You awake the next morning in the dark hold of an unknown ship, all your equipment having been stripped from you. Your heads aching as if you had been knocked out by an angry orc, your mouths dry and pasty from the cheap drink and a sickly feeling in your stomach from the mix of alcohol and the rocking of the ship. The strong scent of salty sea and the stench of sweat assault your nose as you come too.

Dario, Ranak, Alabaster and Isaac also discern the oily taste of nutmeg in their mouths while Jesal recognizes it to be a result of taggit oil poisoning.

While you try to rise, you hear the sound of heavy footfalls of multiple people coming down the stairs. A few moments later a large man with a wide evil smile and six cronies come through the entrance. The lead man cracks his whip as he speaks to you

"Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!"

He glares down menacingly at you while he waits for you to respond

All of you make an intelligence check


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

Edward's eyes felt heavy and several attempts were needed to open them.
"Well, my head feels like it's been hit by an orc's club."
He shakes it off eventually. The odors now penetrating his nose weren't uncommon, but not the most desirable either.
Seeing big man and his lackeys come down the stairs he takes care not to upset them. He'd seen plenty of brawls between sailors.

"Good morning to you gentlemen too. May i say i'm eager to start."
Int. check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


hp 12/12; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4; Init +2;

Dario wakes up muttering.

"I tell you Veronica, you give me thirty seconds and a good wall to lean against and I'll have you shouti..."

His eyes open up to a man's face leering over him.

He blinks.

Twice.

"You're not Veronica, love."

A moment later he realizes that was probably not the wisest way to start this meeting, especially with what the man said sinking in.

"Mierda... this isn't the Formidably Maid..." he mutters under his breath.

Also, I seem to be missing nothing. Had I something to lose in the first place.

He gets up, helps anyone who seems to be having problems doing so and does as told, heading up on deck.

You were looking for adventure hombre, but I think she found you.

Int Check: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

Ranak opens his eyes against the throbbing pain in his head. Standing, he responds to the maggot in front of him.

"Curses, I thought I had an ugly face. You have one that looks like the hind end of a sow! " Ranak says with a smirk.

Intelligence Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Alabaster's mind tries to fight through the groggy feeling as the boat's motion wakes him up. At first, he thinks nothing of it, except that Old Man Crombsby hadn't signaled daybreak for the riggers yet, so he could grab more shut eye... Then the memories started trickling in, slowly at first, but then becoming a tidal wave of emotion. The Shining Skull taking the merchant ship, the party, the battle with the pirate hunters, the fireball, watching his mentor and surrogate father being incinerated, waking on the island, and the long trip in the lifeboat. The grief worms its way into his heart, and then the worry comes.
But how a ship? Last I remember, I had arrived at Port Peril, sold the longboat, and went to the tavern... Then I had that argument with that sailor over Besmara's word, and that pirate... He bought me that brandy after ward! That bastard! Something must have been in it!

He snaps awake, sitting up blearily, his hand reaching for his pistol, only to remember that being lost in the wake of the Skull's destruction.
Im not in chains, so that's good. But my gear... This looks bad...

He looks around at the people with him, and a sinking feeling starts to set in. Before he can process it, the men come down the stairs and announce their orders. Alabaster stands, shakily, and looks the apparent leader in the eyes.
Aye, we've been pressed, haven't we? I been on your end o this deal more than once me self. Hells, ye coulda just asked me. I was lookin' fer a new crew anyways.

He doesn't break his stare as the others get up around him, and he speaks again when they are all standing.
I be guessin' ye took our belongins, then? I hope ye ain't messed up me cutlass, a divine gift from Besmara herself that was. Somehow stayed with me after I washed up on shore when the damned hunters destroyed the Shinin' Skull. Alright then, let's be headin' up on deck. Might as well be gettin' started.

He moves to help up anyone under the effects of the poisoning worse than himself, and follows the pirates.


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

I almost forgot.

Ranak makes his way on deck, at the same time being careful not to provoke the ugly one.


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac stirs. As he stands, he wobbles to the motion of the ship. Looking around, he judges where he is, seeing other strangers. "Right... I'm on a... ship. Last I checked, I was in the Formidably Maid, talking to a rather attractive corsair. Now, I'm on a ship. Right." He looks at what he has. 'No weapons. No armor. On a ship. Hmm...' "Aye. Press ganged. Not how I wanted to start my Captaincy. But, could work. Perhaps another gift from Besmara to my family." He licks his lips. Turning to the others, who are no doubt looking at him strangely, he just smiles and says, "Mmm... Nutmeg." He brushes his iconic silver hair out of his face.

He looks around to see his tricorn on the ground. He smiles and walks, wobbling as if he were still tipsy. He picks up the hat and dusts it off before placing it on his head. Hearing the men coming down the stairs, he turns to look at them. He gives a small smile and a salute. "So, you've recruited me, eh? Can't really say you were my first choice."

Hearing the half-orc, Isaac takes a closer look at their captor. "Aye, the half-orc makes a good point. Mayhaps, you should consult someone about that, eh? Anyways, the deck's... this way, right?" He makes his way to the deck, still wobbling. Imagine the Jack Sparrow walk.

Intelligence check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Also, Isaac does come from a very well known family. I'm thinking that he should be somewhat recognizable due to the family's silver hair and the connection the family has to Besmara and the Shackles. Just a thought.


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

Jesal groans and looks up, "Dis one be thinkin dis not bein where we be fallin asleep. Dere bein poison at work, dis one be thinking." he mutters to whomever is nearby as he gets up and staggers to the stairs with the practiced ease of one used to the sea.


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

As they make their way up to the deck, Alabaster speaks over his shoulder to the strangers.
No idea what in tha nine hells they put in me brandy, but me head feels like a few midgits be inside swingin' dwarf hammers aroun'. Not tha best way fer what's comin, I'm bettin'. Here's hopin' tha captain o' this fine vessel be a good un. Me last captain.... I'll miss him until tha day Besmara herself takes me.


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac looks to the young man. "I highly doubt it, laddie. If we were press ganged, then it would be because the captain is neither charismatic nor motivated enough to go and recruit his own crew. Shame, really. Plenty of men and women would have joined willingly. I happen to know a few, actually; so if you fellas would be so kind as to drop us off at the nearest port, I could find replacements."


Don't Look!:

Who is struck: 1d100 ⇒ 65

The ugly man sneers at Ranak and Isaac's before lashing out with his whip in their direction and hits Ranak with a stinging blow. "And let that be a lesson to ya all, now get movin'!"

Ranak Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Once you reach the deck it becomes quickly apparent that you are on a rather large ship and have been out for quite some time as Port Peril and the mainland of the Shackles are nought but an ochre haze on the horizon.

You join the rest of the crew gathering around the mainmast and notice you are not the only recruits : 4 others stand out from the rest by their relative cleanliness. As you look up to the raised stern of the ship where two imposing figures stand. One is a large and powerfully built Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard and gold rings in his ears while the other is younger and balding with a braided beard and a well used cat-o'-nine tails hanging on his hip. The first is clearly the captain as he speaks up and addresses the crew.

“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”

After his speech the captain walks of the deck and returns to his quarters, leaving the younger man in charge.

"Alright you maggot ridden curs, we've no time to waste aboard the Wormwood get to work! I want all of you to race to the crows nest so's we can see who'll have the honour of joining me in his daily duties, now get to it!"

The mast is 60 feet up and you climb at 1/4th your speed. You can make 2 climb checks per round or 3 if you Climb Quickly albeit at a -2 penalty. Happy climbin' ya miserable swabs!

P.S. I've got a wedding today so I won't be able to post again until late tonight so feel free to RP a little if you wish :)


Additional notes:

1- The climb DC is 10. If you fail by 4 or less (6-9) you make no progress, if you fail by 5 or more (1-5) you start falling.
2- Climbing Quickly: You try to climb more quickly than normal. By accepting a –5 penalty, you can move half your speed (instead of one-quarter your speed) per climb check.
3- You must keep making checks until you reach the top or fall


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

How many checks are needed?


hp 12/12; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4; Init +2;

And so the monkey wishes for us to climb. Very well then, climb I shall.

Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Climb Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Dario makes it up to the top within four rounds, making no attempt at going faster than normal.


A minimum of 8 successful checks are required to reach the top and one additional check for each result under 10 unless you get a 5 or less


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

Man, i've seen alot of rude figures, but this captain sure is a grump.
At least he didn't forbid singing.

Edward keeps himself from laughing about the beaded beard of the balding man. Braids are for women's hair.

He heads up for the climbing.
"Though sadly i haven't been the most muscular, well here goes nothing."

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Edward's grip wasn't firm enough to start.
GM, he wouldn't fall from this would he?
Edward won't make extra effort for accelerated climbing.
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

Climbing ... not my thing. Not a fan of heights. Ah well, let's see if I can fake it

Salt rubs his hands together and makes a a visible concerted effort to climb, but fails to get mire than a few feet up. (intentionally)

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster smiles grimly and mutters something under his breath about how a real captain wouldn't leave his cronies to handle recruits, and then starts to climb.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster doesn't get a good start, and slips right off the bat, much to his embarrassment. He snarls darkly at the ropes Damn poison's still got me head all fuzzy! and starts climbing again.

Checks to catch himself/continue on
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

At some point, his foot gets caught in the rigging, and he loses his grip, hanging upside down. Despite his loud curses, it takes him a second or two to get I caught and right himself. His continues his climb, angry at his inability to do a simple task that he did on his previous ship for years.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac looks up to the crow's nest. "Right..." Placing his hat in between his teeth, he climbs up the ropes.

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

Moving to the rigging, Ranak makes a genuine appearing attempt to climb up.

Ultimately, he intentionally fails and gets tangled up in the rigging somewhat to put on a good show.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Infernal rope!"


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Ok wow. I just reread my last post. Two typos because of my retarded phone. It was meant to say that he had done his previous job for a year. He's going to have a slight adjustment problem, not being able to rely on his magic to help him do things like climb. Being young, he's probably just going to get angry and disobey orders. This is going to be fun. Lol.


Don't Look!:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Plugg watches with cold eyes as Dario and Isaac scamper up the the riggings like a pair of monkeys and laughs cruelly at Alabaster's failed attempts at making it to the crow's nest and catching himself before falling down to the ground.

Alabaster Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

As he turns his attention to Ranak and Jesal he sneers at their pitiful attempts at climbing
"And to think you call yerselves people o' the Shackles. You're not fit to call yerselves bilgeswine!"

He calls Dario and Isaac down from the riggings before speaking up
"You there, silver hair, you'll be the one who'll be workin' the riggins with me crew. As fer the rest of ya, you'll all be swabs 'cept for one who'll be helpin' our dear cookie Kroop down in the galley. So, who here thinks he's got what it takes?


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster picks himself up woozily, glaring at the man laughing at him.
Aye, laugh while ye can. Besmara' magic'll be flowin' from me fingers again soon enough... Take care ye don't be on tha wrong side o' tha current, see?

He snickers when the man asks about the cooking job, not taking care to hide it at all.
Askin' tha new slaves ta make dinner? Ain't ye worried someone'll spit in it? Nah, I'm not fer cookin'. Mighten ye wanna get someone with some knowledge on tha subject. I'm best in tha open air, where I can feel tha Lady o' tha Waves kiss on me cheek while I work and cast me spells, see?

He dusts his worn out tricorn off before situating it on his head, never breaking eye contact with the lead pirate.


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

When he returns to the deck, Isaac removes his tricorn from his teeth and places it on his head. "So, the soon-to-be illustrious Captain Isaac Silvermane is to work the riggings, aye? Very well. It's a start to return the family name to where it belongs, aye."

Turning to Alabaster, he smiles. "So, you're a priest to the Lady, eh? Allow me to introduce myself. I am Captain Isaac Silvermane. The Captain is just a formality until I can get me a ship. No doubt, you've heard the name Silvermane. Me family has always been heavily involved with Besmara since the days of Captain Sebastian Silvermane."


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Isaac eh? Aye, I've heard tale of Silvermane, both in legends and histories. Never thought I'd be meetin' one o' ye, ta be honest. I be Alabaster Cain, priest o' tha Lady, an' until a few weeks ago, sailor on board tha' Shinin' Skull. An' when I be findin' tha Chelish bastards what tha' destroyed me friends an' family, I'll be sendin' 'em to tha Lady meself. An' iffen I be rememberin' about yer family history right, ye might be a good person what ta help me, eh?


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

"Dis one be knowin' some things 'bout herbs an' seasonin'. Dis one being ya cook, ya willna regret it."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac smiles at Alabastar. "Aye, lad. Aye. Indeed, my family would be the ones to ask if you need to rid Chels from the Shackles. A tradition started since the start, eh? A pleasure to be meetin' one who was gifted by Besmara."

Hearing the Mwangi saying that he's a good cook, Isaac smiles. "Ah. Now we have a cook for the ship, eh? In my racial half-brother, no less. Seems to be that everyone has their role."


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

Edward stands next with the others after the deviding of the roles.
"I don't suppose they'd be looking for a morale officer on this boat.

Edward Irmington, from Riddleport. Parttime bard and helping hand around the place.
I've swabbed the deck earlier, but those were under less pressing conditions."


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

"I can cook. Unless.....you want me trying the rigging again."

He says while looking at the ropes with a dismayed expression.


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster massages the dinner plate sized bruise forming on his ribs as he looks at the small group assembling near him.
Well, it be lookin' like we're ta be brothers in chains, so we best make sure we be stickin' tagether, what with us bein' tha new souls on a piratin' ship. Wish I still had me pistol an cutlass. Lost me pistol in tha shipwreck an' tha bastards here took me blade. Still gots me magic though, once I get a chance ta pray. I could use a bit o' Besmara's healin'. Tha' fall was a nasty sort...


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

"A caster? Are you of the religious type or the arcane schools?"

I'll prob pick up Clw next lvl. Just noticed we have no true healer aside from the possible channel energy from Alabaster. If it's vital, then i'd swap in a spell i have currently and take that next lvl.


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster can drop a prepared spell for a cure spell, right? I think I read that in the playtest PDF. However, as Alabaster's role as a character will more often Han not have him in battle, mostly on the front line, having back up healing is always a great thing.

I be a priest o' Besmara, me friend, ever since I heard her name and message. Never had much time for tha' arcane learnin', never needed it either. Tha Lady, she be keepin' me safe. Wha' be yer skills? I be knowin' from doin' tha' press gangers be lookin' fer people ta take what be havin' some sort of ability or another.


Status:
  • HP 4/6 AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 15
  • F +0 | R +3 | W +4
  • Init +3 | Per +2
  • Spells per day | Level 1: 4

Ranak chimes in. "A priest you say? I use arcane magic myself. Though I don't know how it works. It just happens when I need it."


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

"I've worked around my uncle's fishing ship alot, so nothing special.
But i enjoy music. I'm sure these guys here are just thrilled to get some colorful tunes."
, saying that he makes a gesture and suddenly he's holding a mandolin. "But with our current situation and the Braidey watching, that time will sadly have to wait for now."

The mandolin dissolves just as quickly.
"Now if we'd get an opening to excuse ourselves from service, i'm eager to take it."

GM, how would you rule a sturdy wooden mandolin as a weapon?
I can think of several appliances as a weapon for it.


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

"Dis one bein' a devotee of da world. Ya can call dis one Salt. Be worshipin' the sea and da sky in both his and her format. Be callin da patron, Shimye-Magalla. Da non-Mwangi breakin' him up into two parts cuz dey canna handle her duality. Ya be callin 'em Gozreh n Desna, " Salt looks around at the bald Captain and the one with the whip.

He speaks softer now, "But onna dis boat, we be needin' favorable winds and good fortune, so dis one be prayin' to everyone."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

I probably won't prep CLW, but I'm willing to pitch in for a wand when we gets da loots!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Aye, glad ta meet tha three o' ye. Methinks we be needin' as many friendly folks on our sides as we can, so I be thinkin' we might wanna be stickin' tagether. Seems ta me we're in for a hard time, what with we bein' little more'n slaves and all.

He eyeballs the rest of the crew with the same defiant stare he gave the bald pirate.
I don't be thinkin this crew'll be as friendly as me last, see. On me last ship, we was all a family and stood by each other to tha end. This lot looks bloodthirsty, an' only out fer their own hides. A bad way ta live, that.


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac turns to each one of the group. "So, we have Alabaster, priest of Besmara; Edward, a bard; and Salt, me racial brother and devotee to all the nature in the world." He turns to the last human and the half-orc, he says, "Now, all that's left is the two of you to introduce yourselves. We know that the half-orc is a caster with a penchant for cooking."

At Alabaster's missing gear, Isaac sighs. "Me gear's been pilfered as well. Me cutlass, me armor, me gear, me compass. Everything."


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

Edward, being the sarcast he is....
"Well not all our gear at least...

But you're right, we all want our things back. Maybe it's possible to trick some of them into a fight amongst themselves when we get to know the routine around here? Take our things back, maybe an overnight clubbing and ditching overboard."


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Wha, ye be havin' somethin' left there Edward?


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16

"I'll give you a hint, women don't have it, but we do.
Don't tell me you're raised so pureminded ambiguity is not spent on you..."

If he really is.....i'll have to give either another hint, or accept he did indeed get a proper social upbringing.


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Ha, ye wanna be usin' tha on beard face over there, be me guest... I save tha' longsword fer tha girls on port meself... Alabaster replies with a wry grin, and chuckles at Edward's joke. But I'm not fer thinkin' he's tha' sort'll be seduced by tha likes o' ye... Methinks he's more tha' sort what gets 'is rocks off hurtin' an killin'..... But I like yer plan. Mayhaps gettin' our gear back, an' sneakin' away at next port? We be too far out ta swim now, methinks. We may be havin' ta put up with this ship fer a while, ta have a chance ta get away alive...


Male Human (Cheliaxian/Mwangi) Rogue [Pirate] 5 | hp: 34/34 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +2 (+4 vs hot weather), R +6, W +2; +1 vs fear/mind-affecting | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +7

Isaac looks around carefully. He leans and whispers, "Now, hold on, lads. Mayhaps, this may be a blessin' in disguise. I happen to be in the market for a ship. We're on a ship. Maybe we stay here. Learn the tricks and trades. And see where this goes, savvy?"


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

"Dis one be thinkin that kinda discussion bein dangerous on dis boat." Salt cautions the "Captain"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Warpriest 4 Blessings:5/5, HP: 20/30, Fervor: 4/4 Panache: 5 AC 17, T 13, FF 14; CMD 16; F+7, R+4, W+6, Init+3; +1 Cutlass+8 1d6+3,18-20 x2; Pistol+7, 1d8, x3
Skills:
Acrobatics:11, Climb: 6 Diplomacy:7, Intimidate:9, Profession-Sailor:10, Swim:9

Alabaster drops his voice.
Aye, dangerous, but.... It could be somethin'. I made it me mission to destroy tha Chelaxians what destroyed tha Shinin' Skull. This could be Besmara's will, workin' her destinies like she be doin'.


Male Human (Mwangi) Aquatic Druid 4
Status:
  • HP: 30/30
  • AC: 14, T: 11, F: 13
  • F:6, R: 2, W: 8, Init: +1; Perception: +11
  • Channels Used: 1/7
  • 1st: hydralic push,air bubble, snowball (16), tripvine (15), calm animal
  • 2nd: slipstream, Gozreh's trident, agg thundercloud (16)

"Ya need ta be earnin dis one's trust first as well as dere needin to be more den five of us. Be seein about da gear n maybe learn about da others on dis ship. Ya got dem dat rule by da whip, dere bound to be some dunna like it.". Salt muses twisting at the seaweed in his beard absent-mindedly

-Posted with Wayfinder


Human Bard 5 HP: 38/38 AC 15/T12/F13 F+3 R+5 W+3 Init+2 Perc.+8 Performance 16/16
Quote:
Alabaster]But I'm not fer thinkin' he's tha' sort'll be seduced by tha likes o' ye.

"I'm not that way. My taste goes for the ladies. But you know, distraction, have some of their crew fight eachother."


Don't Look:

Isaac: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Ranak: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Alabaster: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Dario: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Jesal: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Edward: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Mr. Plugg glares at Isaac's obvious lack of respect but hesitates as he hears Alabaster mention his ability to cast magic and his position as a priest of Besmara before regaining his compusure

"Alrighty then shut yer yaps ya filthy curs! Seems the Half-Orc'll be our chefs assistant from now on. Now time for you all to get to work aboard the Wormwood! Silver hair you'll be working the riggin's, Half-Orc, down to the galley you go. You three are to go catch rats down in the bilges and you, pretty boy, your haulin' ropes up hear under my supervision"

1-Isaac I need a Profession (sailor) or Dex check
2- Ranak you meet up with Kroop for a Bull session. You are free to interact with him and you get an extra Daytime Action but you must drink and additional rum ration
3- Alabaster, Dario and Jesal I need a Stealth, Survival or Dex check
4- Edward I need a Profession (sailor) or Str check and a Con check

1 to 50 of 3,271 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.