Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Whispering Cairn

Game Master Dark Arioch

The worms crawl in and...stay

Kongen-Thulnir
Current Map


4,001 to 4,050 of 6,791 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba examines the items.

Spellcraft (dust): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Spellcraft (incense): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Spellcraft (wand): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Spellcraft (spoon): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Spellcraft (liquid with worm): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Bleh. crap rolls


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

Vug takes 10 on the check to identify the potion = 35


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The dust is Dust of Tracelessness, the incense is Incense of Meditation, the spoon is a Sustaining Spoon and the Potion is Cure Moderate Wounds.

The liquid is Oil of Gentle repose, to keep the worms fresh. You can't identify the wand, though.

Also it may be time to return to your quarters before you are missed.


Male Human Cleric 14

"Well, it doesn't seem as if many - if any - living people come down here, other than that fiendish priest. The scrolls don't seem to be going anywhere, and I'm not quite sure how to get past that green beam of light - or if we should even mess with it without us all having our full capabilities. We should probably head back to our quarters before we're missed, and come back after our match tomorrow," Feres suggests.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

"How are we going to sneak Ekaym's sister's body past the guards?" Vug asks. "We can't just leave her here, can we?"


Male Human Cleric 14

Valgrim's Bag of Holding?


Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

The bag can hold up to 250 lbs, so if the corpse fits, we fit her in. Valgrim also recommends destroying the worms. Wouldn't want for the vial to break and for them to get out, right?


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

Vug will take the worms for research purposes. She'll put them in one of the side pouches of her Handy Haversack.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Stuffing Lahaka's corpse in Valgrim's Bag of Holding, you return to your quarters for now, to prepare for tomorrow's bout with the Pitch Blade.

As you return you meet a nervous Ekaym, who greets you with a smile. "I had to use Ventriloquism to cover for you. I'm glad you made it back. Did you find anything?

Forgot to mention that you get 1920 xp each for the trap. It was a nasty trap.


Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

Valgrim turns to Vug, "Lassie, be careful with those. Ye shouldn't be messing with those things. Know this, if ya turns undead, I will have no option buts to put ya down!"

When we meet Ekaym, Valgrim puts on a sad face and says, "Sorry to tell ya this, but it seems your sister was turned into a zombie by a tiefling cleric, whom we put down." Then he pulls the corpse out for identification.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

Vug sniffs disdainfully at Valgrim's remark. "Oh for goodness' sake... I'll tell you what -- you don't tell me how to conduct my laboratory experiments, and I won't tell you how to chop someone's head off with an axe."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Ekaym swallows hard at the sight of his sister. "Yes, that's her. To be honest, I never thought you'd be able to recover her body, and for that I am deeply grateful to you. Is there anything you need for tomorrow's battle. Other things will have to be postponed to after the competition. You still face some pretty tough opposition, so I suggest you get your rest and we'll talk more about rewards and revenge after the battle."

Ekaym would like to take the Bag of Holding to get his sister back for burial, with the promise to return it tomorrow with any equipment you need.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

"Sorry your sister didn't make it. Hopefully Raknian will get what's coming to him. Speaking of which...we better keep our eyes open. I'm sure he'll find out that his f-f-friend the cleric is dead sooner rather than later."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

"Yes. We are all treading on this ice here. Is there anything else I can do for you? Good luck with your fight tomorrow. Those guys are tough as nails."

I suggest you prepare spells and suchlike and we'll proceed to the next day and your upcoming gladiatorial bout.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

"Bub, why don't you dig up some dirt on the remaining teams? Ekaym, do you know which team we'll be f-facing?"


Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

Valgrim lets Ekaym keep the bag of holding and hopes he gets it back before the fight the next day.

"The remaining teams are Auric's Warband, Draconic Brood, The Grave Diggers, Pitch Blade and The Snow Leopards. I say the same spells as last fight, they worked nicely once before. An Enlarge potion would be great, Vug. Freedom of movement, as always, Friar. Just my 2 cents."

Also, with 1:1 odds, what's the bet maximum?


Male Human Cleric 14

"I think I heard someone say that we're facing Pitch Blade tomorrow - that's the team of two dwarves, right? Aren't they ranked at the top along with Auric's Warband?" Feres asks his companions.

"Vug, if it isn't too much trouble, I'd appreciate another one of those Barkskin extracts."

Anyone have any spells they'd like Feres to prepare, in addition to Freedom of Movement?


Male Half-Orc Bard 11

Bubba asks around for any new information on the teams the party will face.

Diplomacy (take 10): 10 +20 = 30


Male Human Cleric 14

Feres gives Bubba's attempt to gather information a +9 boost with Touch of Glory, giving him a total check of 39.


Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

"If the dwarves are warriors, then perhaps it would be best to attack their will, if possible."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Bubba finds out that the dwarves are barbarians and are wielding adamantine axes. They like to break things.


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

Any opponents without long range attacks I can take from the air.


Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

Vug prepares the same load of extracts as in the previous battle:

  • Father Feres: extract of Barkskin (+3 natural armor)
  • Valgrim: extract of Shield, extract of Barkskin (+3 NA), extract of Enlarge Person
  • Bub: extract of Shield, extract of Barkskin (+3 NA), extract of True Strike
  • Vulcan: extract of Barkskin (+3 NA)

    She also reminds everyone to wear the snazzy green sashes she bought for everyone.


  • Male Human Cleric 14

    Thanks, Vug!


    Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

    Valgrim prepares and casts Anticipate Peril and Lead Blades on himself (duration: 7 minutes each) and drinks Vug's 3 extracts during the announcement of the teams.


    Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

    During the preparation phase, Vug will drink her mutagen and an extract of Shield. (AC 31)


    Male Human Cleric 14

    Before entering the arena Feres applies the following buffs to himself:

    Vug's Barkskin extract: +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor; duration 90 minutes
    Casts Shield of Faith: +3 deflection bonus to AC; duration 9 minutes
    Casts Archon's Aura: Hostile creatures within 20-foot radius of Feres must make DC 18 Will save to resist the aura. On failed save, creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for the duration of this spell or until it successfully hits Feres with an attack. Duration 9 minutes.

    Feres' AC: 24
    Feres' HP: 72/72


    Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

    Vulcan will prep by casting Shield and Fly and drinking the extract of Barkskin (+3 NA) bringing his AC to 23


    Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

    It's the second day of the tournament and you are up against the brothers of the Pitch Blade. Like you, they are downing a bunch of potions before the battle begins.

    Roll for initiative, and I'll see about the map.


    Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

    Initiative: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 5 = 20
    Oh and whatever the maximum bet allowed, that's what Valgrim bet on his team to win!


    Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

    Vug also bets the maximum on Valgrim's Vanguard, naturally.

    Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


    Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

    Same here
    Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


    Male Human Cleric 14

    Feres bets the farm on Valgrim's Vanguard as well.

    Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6


    Male Half-Orc Bard 11

    Bubba also bets the maximum.

    Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

    "Let's roll!"

    As usual, Bubba Inspires and casts haste on the party.


    Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

    Correction: Vug's AC is 29.


    Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

    Sorry guys, been a rough day and still trying to rebuild the dwarves in HeroLab. Their initiative is 19, though, so Bubba and Valgrim beat them. They start their round opposite you in the arena, so there is a fair bit of distance between you. The arena is a 100 feet square.

    The maximum bet per person is 500 gold. Hope that's enough for Bubba and Valgrim to act on.


    Male Half-Orc Bard 11

    Bubba's round 1 actions are in the previous post.


    Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

    Buffs in Effect:
    Haste (+1 hit, +1 AC)
    Freedom of Movement
    Enlarge Person (+2 Str, -2 AC)
    Barkskin (+2 AC)
    Shield (+4 AC)
    Lead Blades

    With Haste, Valgrim has 140' movement on a charge and 20' reach with his enlarged Bardiche, so I assume he can reach the dwarves even on a diagonal.

    A 9' tall Valgrim yells out, "We shall see who the mightiest dwarf barbarian be in this Arena today!" With that he growls, working himself into a rage, as he sprints across the Arena floor, drawing his enlarged bardiche, and as he gets within 20' of the dwarves, he screams and brings his weapon down to bear with Power Attack and Vital Strike on the one on the right!

    Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 36
    Damage: 6d8 + 19 ⇒ (7, 2, 8, 3, 2, 6) + 19 = 47
    Please note currently in his Enlarged State with the Bardiche in his hand, Valgrim threatens 15-20' with Reach, so if either of the dwarves moves more than 5' on their round, free AoO on each one.

    Rage Rounds used: 1/7
    Current AC after Charge and Rage: 24
    HP: 95/95

    Darn, forgot to ask Friar for Bull's Strength...next time!


    Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

    The wounded dwarf flies up to Valgrim (provoking an AoO) and sunders his bardiche with a crushing blow. The other one flies past Valgrim to engage Feres and Bubba.

    You are up, all of you. So is the map.


    Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)

    AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 28
    Damage: 3d8 + 19 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 19 = 27
    Total damage to dwarf: 74
    CMD for Sunder attempt was 29 (+9BA+7Str+1size+1dodge+1Haste+2Dex-2Rage) by the way, but if he broke my bardiche, anyway, it's fine.


    Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

    According to Paizo, you can't Vital Strike on a charge, but I'll let Black Tom be the judge. Tom, there are two D's and a P on the map -- are there 3 enemies?


    Male Human Cleric 14

    Feres' Buffs in Effect:
    Haste: extra attack at full BAB during full attack action, +1 bonus to attack, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 ft enhancement bonus to all modes of movement.
    Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and damage.
    Barkskin: +3 enhancement bonus to natural armor. (90 minutes)
    Shield of Faith: +3 deflection bonus to AC. (9 minutes)
    Archon's Aura (Will Save DC 18): Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of Feres must make a Will save to resist the effects of this aura. If the creature fails, it takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for the duration of this spell or until it successfully hits Feres with an attack. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by this particular casting of archon’s aura.(8 minutes)

    Round One:

    With his speed enhanced by Bubba's spell, Feres sidesteps as he slashes his scimitar at the dwarf before him.

    5 ft step to square F,22 to begin setting up flank with Bubba. Hasted full attack against dwarf.

    Feres' Hasted Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 25
    Feres' Hasted Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

    Feres' Scimitar Attack #1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 25
    Feres' Scimitar Damage #1: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

    Feres' Scimitar Attack #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11
    Feres' Scimitar Damage #2: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

    Feres' AC: 25; CMD: 22 (includes +1 dodge from Haste and +3 deflection from Shield of Faith)
    Feres' HP: 72/72


    Male Dwarf Ranger 14/Barbarian 2/Fighter 1 HP: 211/211; AC:30/14/27; F +23; R +18; W +15 (+17); Init: +2 (+6); Percep: +29 (+31)
    Vug Vang wrote:
    According to Paizo, you can't Vital Strike on a charge, but I'll let Black Tom be the judge. Tom, there are two D's and a P on the map -- are there 3 enemies?

    You may be right about Vital Strike/Charge but in that case, I would have moved up 70' and readied a Vital strike attack on the first dwarf who approached me within 20' of my reach. My roll to hit would have been a 34 instead of 36 without the charge and still would have hit. I would also get the AoO so the end result would have been the same. No harm, no foul.


    Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

    CMD 29 isn't much for these guys. Removed the extra D.

    With preternatural speed the dwarf manages to dodge Feres's blows.

    Vug, Vulcan, Bubba are up.


    Female Elf Alchemist (preservationist) 17

    I'm still seeing two Ds

    If Vug is being threatened, she uses the withdrawal action to fly to F15.

    If she isn't being threatened, she'll fly to L22 and throw a force bomb at the dwarf fighting with Father Feres (ignoring the spaces of her comrades).

    1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 195d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 4, 3) + 5 + 1 = 20, DC 19 Ref or fall prone


    Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

    I'm seeing 2 D's and a P is the P the other Dwarf?


    Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

    Curse you, Google. I think I got it this time.


    Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 17

    In a smooth motion Vulcan leans to his left, his outstretched hand right alongside Feres as he unleashes a crackling bolt of electricity that rockets past the friar, hammers into the dwarf attacking him to rip through the air. The bolt races towards Valgrim's back, arcing over him at the last second to strike the other dwarf.

    Using 4th level slot to fire Selective Lightning Bolt, ignoring Feres and Valgrim to hit both dwarves. 7d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 1, 4) = 30 DC 22 reflex for 1/2


    Male Half-Orc Bard 11

    Bubba takes a step back to H24 and casts cacophonous call on 'D'.

    Will 17 or be nauseated for 9 rounds

    "Keep it up guys!"

    Maintaining Inspire Courage +2
    AC 23
    hp 71/71

    4,001 to 4,050 of 6,791 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Whispering Cairn All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.